the Rift

[OPEN] child support

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Wander or leave
Turn into winter lights

No questions asked and to the best of his ability; Tilney would always accomplish whatever it might be that his lover asked of him. It wasn't as if this plan was borne from her mind and hers alone. In fact, it was Tilney who had told her of his intentions to travel south in the first place.
With a heavy stack tied across his spine the stag had marched from the Worlds Edge to the shores of the Throat in the happy company of his sister (who, as he had expected, didn't care to take much of the weight. The stack? Four branches of cedar, each at least as thick as his knee with wood. Why? A gift!

How would the healers of the Dragons Throat ever survive a Birdsong without anaesthetic and antiseptic of some sort - the kind cedar yielded. Surely they had their own way of getting by, what with sea crab chitin or a sea snake decoction perhaps? It all sounded much too poisonous to Tilney, so perhaps a gift of cedar in exchange for some Aloe Vera would do both herds a world of good. The chance to extend his (obviously lacking) knowledge on southern healing would be hard to pass up.

He had a main mission, one that took a huge priority.
Find the mare named Nephele and find her sons - or rather - their sons. Tilney had been tasked by both Arah and himself to collect the children who lived under the guard of that fearsome amazonian. Were they eating clams out of the rocks? Or had the struggled to survive even this long? Either way Tilney was sure that the woman he had somehow allowed himself to copulate with would make a fearsome mother, but not the kind he wanted his sons to ever have.
Taking children away from their mother struck him as a sick crime, unforgivable even, but what would this Nephele raise his sons to be? He had no doubt that they would become the raping and pillaging type her kind only seemed to raise with not a thought to gentleness or, gods forbid, kindness.
Of course all this envlolved actually finding her, and so would have to wait until later.

Upon touching the salt water, the same shore where he had met Sikeax and her strange bonded creature, Peatree took his place upon Tilneys antlers and gave an ehausted squawk.
"The Dragons Throat" Tilney announced to Aelfwine, assuming she had never made the trip so far south.

ooc; hallew, Tilney has come to see the healers! (and then snatch his kids. lol)
any DT healers welcome! please wait for @Aelfwine to post first tho!
Tagging DT healers who might be interest.com

@Sabia @Tae @Najya

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark
AELFWINE

When Tilney had asked her if she wanted to accompany him to the Throat to retrieve his children, of course Aelfwine said yes. She had spent a majority of the time gathering a few things to help save the load from her brothers back on their journey, to do anything that could help him on such an emotionally heavy trip already. They gingerly walked together, a soft conversation that was filled with light and small bouts of laughter, though tampered by the burden of the acts he had committed. She didn’t blame him, though. The dappled doe didn’t have any children, but she did know that if she did, it would have been an extremely emotional time. Perhaps Tilney had already grown used to it, he already had Maude after all. Maybe it better prepared him for the task he set out on.

Or maybe it was still fresh and new for the both of them. Tilney had visited the Throat before, so she allowed the stag to take the lead. Guiding her along the lands of Helovia as she tiptoed around, feeling the soft and gentle sand beneath her cloven hooves. “The Dragon’s Throat.” Immediately Aelfwine’s emerald gaze lit up as she looked across the massive span of water. How were they supposed to cross? How would he be able to retrieve the children and leave with them with a giant moat in the way? She had so many questions, but felt it best to stay quiet and allow her brother to do all the talking. If things went sour, she’d be the first to speak up.

At least Tilney had somebody on his side this time around. And if he couldn’t remember the way the woman looked that had birthed his children, it remained fresh in the doe’s mind. She’d be able to help find the children or find a way out. Nevertheless, perhaps talking with some of the creatures that lived in this area was a good idea. Expressing the interest of conversation and actually being social for once. It had felt like eons since she had managed to strike up a conversation with a stranger, thanks to spending most of her time with Bartholomeo. This trip brought more than one opportunity, in her eyes. She’d take all she could get.

"Talk."

this storm cannot erode you,
for you're more than blood and bone.

image credits

Aelf will probably hang out while Tilney goes about his stuff, so if anyone wants to chat with her while he does so she wont complain :D

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

There was something Tae found so satisfying about the fact that their borders could not be crossed with express permission in the form of a key, or with wings. Sure, plenty winged-folk landed upon the sands that she would prefer not to see, but plenty more were kept out. By no means was Tae racist (though she did enjoy having wings). For the mandible-marked mare it was all about strategy. The rest of the lands one could just walk on in, though she'd heard that the Basin had machines which would blow you up ... even so, the other 50% were easy enough to just meander into. The fact that the Throat was not among them made the girl immensely proud; the fact that her Father was the cause was just icing on the cake.

As Tilney and his sister halted on the far shores, Tae watched with a wolfish white stare. She was no fool, and knew much of the political landscape of Helovia. The one with the lantern was a healer. His name was something which muddled on the tongue - she remembered mentally trying to say it the first time she'd heard it (someone had called out to him at a meeting or something), and the word twisted in her mind, much less on her tongue. The two canines at her heel grinned their own wolfish smiles. "You'll have to stay put, boys." Tae mumbled to them. With a snap of their jaws and an uneasy grumble, the two black creatures laid down where they were, as Tae took to the skies.

She glided easily across the waters to where the pair stood, landing lightly upon the rocks. "Is this merely a guided tour, or have you come to our shores for a reason?" She asked, having heard Tilney name the island as the Dragon's Throat to his companion. Tae's pale white eyes roamed across the duo, before falling flatly upon Tilney once again.

tae
Throw me to the wolves
& I'll come back leading the pack
Image by Lunarblues !

Wander or leave
Turn into winter lights

What intiially came as a swoop and wing beat to Tilneys ears soon became a magnificent brontide as the ginger one lay eyes upon the she-wolf, cloaked in a magnificent pair of wings and markings. He had come to expect no less from the Dragons Throat; A wonderful metropolis of equals, where warriors and travellers and even the gerful prophet made their humble home. It was unlike his own home full of pure rank.
This was what Tilney thought of the sunny south anyhow.

The striking young woman gave him a rather warped kind of greeting, but it was one that caused a grin to appear on the tired gentleman's countenance nevertheless. "I would like to speak to the Sun Physicians. I heard Sikeax is no longer... in practice, and therefore do not know the names of my new southern colleagues" The ginger spoke to the marked one, keen eyes affixed upon her own. "I am Tilney of the World's Edge and this is my sister Aelfwine. We also come with an offering of cedar for birdsong. It makes a mild anaesthetic and a wonderful disinfectant"

With a grunt the stag let down the heavy load from his back, watching the bundle fall onto the sand. It was an immense relief to rid his sore and blistered back from the load, but still they hand't actually made it into the the Throat. Scooping up the branches into his antlers, Tilney gave another grin. "May we talk to the physicians?"

@Tae - dw about posting order, i tihnk aelfs just gonna stand there like 'kewl'

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Aithniel had not given Tae any explicit instructions to be diplomatic, or even polite. And though in her own private life Tae was not one for chit-chat or idle conversation, she was a strategic creature, and though she was not the warm and bubbly type, she knew better than to immediately ostracize those who might prove valuable later on.

As Tilney introduced himself and cited his desire to meet with the sun physicians, a wry smile spread across Tae's narrow features. "Then you are in luck." She said, her pale eyes unreadable even as her smile widened. "Though you'd have to shout a good deal louder for the other two." Tae offered in jest, turning to look over her shoulder across the bay, to where the island lurked like a bloody mirage.

Turning back to the pair, she nodded her head slightly. "I am Tae." Her eyes lifted to the cedar in Tilney's antlers. Clearly the man wanted to bring the bundle over himself. Why? "And the Dragon's Throat thanks you for your gift." Glancing towards Aelfwine, Tae suddenly wished her two companions had wings of their own, so that she wouldn't have to leave them behind on brief outings such as this. Mentally, she reached out to them, feeling the rough edges of their feral minds. She found it soothing. Go find @Mercutio and @Najya she silently commanded.

"Shall we make our way towards the bridge? Perhaps my two colleagues will join us on the other side - I have sent my wolves to fetch them."

tae
Throw me to the wolves
Image by Lunarblues !

Sabia Posts: 58
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Mouse
Sabia
If Sabia had plans to meet horses today she might have gotten up earlier, but this meeting of healers went unnoticed to the mare for quiet some time. Sabia had been sun bathing by the water, napping while she had time away from her son Saoirse. The child was more energetic than she was as a child.  As the wind blew it carried an unknown scent with it, two to be exact. Sabia wasn't a warrior but she felt it her duty to go and investigate, so unfurling her mighty wings the mare took off through the air and towards the scent.

Sabia found herself at the entrance to the Dragon's Throat that the horses without the gift of wings used. Along with the Sun Physician stood two unknown horses, grey hooves touched the red sand and immediately Sabia's nostrils were flooded with the scent of a different herd. Sabia's only working ear perked up and her sea green eyes bore into the two strangers. what the bloody hell do they want? she thought.

Dipping her head to Tae, who she doubted knew her, Sabia introduced herself. "I am Sabia...a healer under Tae" she said her voice lacking any characteristic. Sabia's appearance lately looked very unkempt and in general very tired, her mane and tail messy and knoted, like she didn't care, not to mention the pounds she had lost lately.

Without intention of being rude Sabia spoke "what in the hell would two horses come here for? It's bloody hot"  she looked from Tae to the two horses. They were all very beautiful horses and suddenly Sabia felt very dirty, she is, but not she felt the need to get a good scrubbing. Sabia's deaf ear, torn to shreds, began to twitch self-consciously out of habit.
Put me through hell again, I miss the fire.
 Notes: Fashionably late sorry my post is short and terrible!
" Stolen friends and disease, Operator please.
Patch me back to my mind.
But everybody knows.
That a broken heart is blind."

Force/violence is allowed as long as Sabia does not die or is maimed.
please tag if mentioned!

Wander or leave
Turn into winter lights

The young wolf mother had spoken and her name was Tae - a name that was repeated in Tilney's head with ease. It was a name that sounded almost onomatopoeic, as if it's meaning could be something along the lines of boom or snap.
The suggestion to cross the bridge came next and so it was with a tired eye that the ginger gave his nod. The reality of what they had journeyed here for had now begun to close in, darkening his happy demeanour. Here he stood at the edge of the Dragon's throat, the matutine moments of their quest to retrieve his sons.

Green eyes cast sideways to Aelfwine and then in the opposite direction to the winged paralian. "Yes" was Tilney's response, cloven hooves finally stepping fourth into the sand and onwards towards the bridge. Peatree swooped high above, wary of the waves which had once swallowed him whole. Tilney felt the urge to tell his sister of that story just as he recollected it, however, the physician refrained upon meeting the gaze of the Sun Physician he wandered beside once again. Doubts crept in on whether such a serious creature would take delight in his stories as Aelfwine did, and he didn't feel like being glared at today.

It was when they approached the entrance that another woman stood in her own strange style of greeting, first offering her name and then proceeding ot snarl about the heat. This drove a smirk upon Tilneys maw once again and the stag could only return her pessimism with a flat, shrugging introduction. "I am Tilney, a Moon Doctor".
It was impossible to forget the real task at hand, thoughts of the crime starting to swirl once again within his mind. He refused to let it dwell much longer. The sooner the business with the healers was done the better, but he would first make sure to ask them where he could even find those he sought.
"I also have one other matter to attend to while I visit the south - a private matter. I wish to locate a woman by the name of Nephele. Could you tell me where I might find her?"
@Tae @Nayja @Mercutio

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Tae looked towards Sabia, wondering what it must be like to voluntarily come out of the woodwork just because someone showed up on the borders. Without her recent rank change, Tae would have let the two antlered creatures walk up and down the beach all day long. She literally couldn't comprehend what it would be like to care that much about the well fair of others. Empathy certainly had nothing to do with her recent rise to the position of Sun Physician, and she would be all the stronger for it.

Tae's mandible-marked skull bobbed as she moved towards where the bridge stood, silent and nearly invisible. Was she aware that she didn't have a key? Of course she was. Such a thing could not possibly slip her mind. Had that stopped her from acting as if she could bring them across? Of course not.

However as Tilney mentioned that he was here for another matter, a private matter, Tae's interest was suddenly piqued. His words were like reading a headline on some trashy novella cover, or a throw-away gossip magazine that once they caught your eye, you were helpless to look away.

Then he said the magic words.

I wish to locate a woman by the name of Nephele. Could you tell me where I might find her?

"No, I couldn't tell you that." Tae replied, her voice like a silvery snake as it left her lips. "She made a play for lead a few weeks back.." Tae began, her voice casual as her eyes calmly scanned the sea. "It didn't go so well. I've not seen much of her around since." The venom in her voice was nearly palpable, as was the pleasure. "But she still remains a warrior on our sands, so she's bound to be around somewhere."

The mare's attitude towards Nephele was not particularly kind, but with Sikeax's recent departure the healer had no real place to relocate her wrath. Aithniel and she had been successful in their play to remove Sikeax, and although part of her approved of Nephele's strategy (and of course, her heart), she was easy to cast in the role of betrayer, just as Sikeax was.

As they neared the bridge, Tae stopped, a forgetful smile sweeping the sides of her mandible-marked mouth. "Oh! I seem to have forgotten my key." Tae muttered, head shaking slightly. Her white eyes turned towards Sabia. "Have you got one?" She asked, knowing full-well that the mare didn't.

"This silly bridge." She said apologetically to Tilney, head still shaking slightly. "Well, I've sent my wolves to fetch the other healers. I'll just have them find someone with a key as well."

tae
Throw me to the wolves
Image by Lunarblues !

@Nephele - feel free to say Mal or Hel found her if you want!

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova
can you hear the sabers rattling

Nephele had been making her usual rounds of the Dragon's Throat, glad to have her wings upon heated salt winds. rather than the ones which she'd flown on whenever she sailed to the mainland. She'd been busy, motherhood made being a warrior a difficult thing to juggle, especially when her youngest were still so...young.  Not to mention how she tried to keep an eye on the events born out of Kisamoa's appearance. Tasokh and Verro were weaned and off on their own adventures, occupied in one another's idea's and whatever fancied flights popped into their heads. Byron and Jude still required her to be on hand, still required her to come home and lay beside them in their cavern, her worried eyes transfixed in the pale moonlight on the frail form of her youngest son.

Not to mention, patrolling and sparring let her get on with life as usual. There was no sense in licking wounds that had already scabbed over and healed. She hadn't been successful in her adventure to lead the Throat, she'd taken it lightly with no foul thoughts aimed toward her fellow herd members. She'd have to work harder and prove that she had steel for bones, and fire for blood. 

At least when she patrolled here, every so often she could see Byron's unmistakeable silvered pelt as it rushed through the sandy dunes, off on another one of his self-made adventures on his island home. Her odd coloured gaze had been easily drawn to the black beast which dogged her as she'd flown in low to land, clearly it wanted something. All thoughts of respite abandoned, she gestured with her wing that she would follow and started an easy canter after the helhound as it lead her toward the bridge to the island. She only knew of one who posessed a helhound in these sands, a thought spared to wonder what the mandible marked filly would want from her until she spied the gathered horses on the other side of the island.

My key no doubt, her thoughts drew inwards and projected toward her bonded. Atreus had been her silent shadow, he remained airborne as his companion had trailed after the beast. He hadn't wanted to get particularly close to the hound, and chose to remain her eyes in the sky. He responded with what best was described as a shrug, and with a beat of his wings, trailed over the churned waters to squawk his hello's to the gathered. It wasn't until he gave each one a once over properly, did he spy the tree markings on the Unicorn's that his concern was raised. !!! the stabbed prod was briefly followed by  a short stem of silence which made the mare worry as she herself flew over.

As she closed in to land, her mismatched wings spread and even in their cadence, did she realize why Astreus had raised an alarm. It was him, and the grey mare who she'd spoken to before she'd given birth. "Tae." A nod is spared toward the Sun Physician and the other mare, a brow raised nonchalantly before her attention turned toward the rest of the company. Her silent question of why he would possibly be there sated by the cedar wood perched on his back, despite that, she can't help but feel defensive of the children she has birthed and raised without him. Do you think he wants to see them? She questioned toward her vulture, who now perched on her antlers. "Welcome to the Dragon's Throat." It's strained politeness, despite the slew of questions which raged within her. "I take it you need a key?" She didn't wait for an answer however, she simply moved toward the magical bridge of fire and activated it with her key.

Talk Talk Talk

damned if i didn't
demand that they sing
Art Credit

@Tilney @Aelfwine @Sabia @Tae

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA
LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME

Najya had returned late the previous night after returning from her patrol. It had been a long trip, and she had been exhausted from the venture, so she had stuck close to her makeshift garden nestled among the rocks, content not to do much of anything while her wary muscles recovered from her journey.  She had been pleased that it had been an uneventful patrol. It was certainly welcome after the eventful season they’d had.

Wolf! Looking for you? A’mal noted, from above, directing her bond mate’s attention toward the wolf that she recognized as one of Tae’s.  Najya wasn’t sure which of the wolves it was, but was willing to comply with directions all the same - sending A’mal ahead as she followed in the wolf’s pawprints before realizing that they were headed more or less in the direction of the bridge.

Najya increased her step, her curiosity piqued, and tried to make out the shapes on the other side of the sea.  It was impossible from this distance, but that didn’t stop her from trying.  A’mal, however, had already made it across the sea - the benefits of being blessed from wings - and circled the gathering from above.  Two with antlers, two from home, she reported, dutifully, as Najya finally reached the pillar which would activate the bridge of flames.

She turned to the wolf who had lead her here and dipped her head in thanks to the creature before activating the bridge in a flourish of flames, and before long she was streaking over the sea on familiar wings of fire.  She landed with a hop and a step and the wings disappeared as her hooves found purchase on familiar sands once more.  She immediately turned to see who, exactly, had come and why she had been called.  There was Tae, of course, another from the Throat she recognized from meetings, Nephele was here too - looking as if she had just arrived, and two antlered unicorns.  She thought the stallion looked familiar - like perhaps they had met before a long time ago - but she couldn’t conjure a name to go with the face.  

She dipped her head in greeting. “Hello. I’m Najya. Did someone need me? Or perhaps just a lift?” She asked, looking from the strangers, to Tae who she assumed had called her, and back again.

NAJYA
image credits || Thank You Sarah! <3 || Tags:

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Wander or leave
Turn into winter lights

At the foot of the bridge eyes now cast between the southern doctors, Tilney listened with great interest as the subject took a turn. Nephele had tried for lead? She wanted to be Sultana? Gods, she had been busy.
Tilney was shocked at how little he knew the woman but mostly he was shocked at the fact he presumed he knew so much. In truth, so much as her name had been the very last piece of information he'd learned on the warrior and it caused him to wonder how much she knew about him. Perhaps he admired her ambition, and this was the only thing stopping his brows from completely collapsing over his eyes. Where had his sons been while she tried to take the banner under her own wing? Becoming Sultana was no walk in the park.

When the marked one announced that she had forgotten her key, the Moon doctor glanced to his sister and then to the roan. Smiling uncomfortably he wondered how one managed to forget something so vital, but then of course she was one blessed with wings and he was not. The envy did not have time to creep in before the drumming of another's wingbeats and the swish of sand took hold of his attention.
Nephele.

The chimera greeted first the woman of wolves leaving nothing for the sharp-tongued apothecary and hardly a wink for Aelfwine or himself.
"Welcome to the dragon's Throat" she had said, earning no reaction from the ginger stag. Did she intend to ignore him forever? Pleasantries were usually what he was best at, however, at this moment it was the very thing that irritated him the most. Where are my sons he wished to bellow, Why are they not under your wing or trailing behind you. In his opinion, little one's of their age should always accompany their mother or be under some kind of supervision. Why did she come here alone?

When the bridge was activated Tilney stepped forth, cloven hooves treading past the winged mares and gaze keen on his destination.
"Are there any developments you'd be willing to share on what you use here in the throat for anaesthetics? Last I was here I did not learn much on the subject" This was his attempt to strike the begining of the conference among the healers, however Nephelles presence eate and chewed at the back of his mind.
The approach of amonther woman came as a welcome distraction; he recognised her, though couldn't pin a name to her face. "Najya" he nodded towards her "I am Tilney, a Moon doctor. I have come to learn anything you might have to share on desert healing and also bring this cedar as an offering from the Edge" Perhaps now was a better time to make his intentions better known rather than being as coy as he was. Now adressing all of the healers he spoke once again. "I wondered also if you might have any Aloe Vera at your disposal in return for the cedar? If not, no matter. Just a few minutes of your time to learn will be most appreciated"
His green gaze flicked to the dark warrior, narrowing his brows ever so slightly.
"Nephele," the stag began "After my conference with the healers would you meet me across the bridge, away from the Throat please. We have much to discuss"

@Tae @Nephele @Najya @Sabia
-again dw about posting order pals

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Tae nodded to both Najya and Nephele as they arrived. Despite her previous thoughts about Nephele, the Dragon's Throat was a family, and Tae would never display any such actions which suggested the contrary while an outsider was present. Her dark lips smiled as their ranks grew, before her pale eyes turned back to Tilney and his query of anaesthetics.

"We are a particularly hardy family.." Tae said loosely, though her posture was proud and her eyes clear and bright. "We have little need of that which dulls pain. Not physical pain anyways." Tae's lips twisted upwards in an amused sort-of wolfish smile.  "We have alcohol for everything else." The marked-mare's shoulders shrugged. "I have heard that burning some of the weeds induces hallucinations which can aid with pain ... but I believe specific glassware is needed." She was thinking now of Shida and the obnoxious mare's antics within the herd. Tae had never tried the blue smoke that the dun seemed to constantly be inhaling, but she had seen its effects. Still, Tae stood by what she said.

Pain made one stronger. It was a lesson to be learned, not something to hide oneself away from.

Again her interest was intrigued by Tilney's comment to Nephele, even moreso now that he seemed to want in the Throat, for whatever it was he came for. So, Tae mused silently, ghostly-white eyes watchful and wide. It isn't just Nephele you want. It is something inside our home.. Regardless of her new rank as Sun Physician, Tae was fairly certain she could take the antlered stallion in a fight, should it come to that. Then again, she was fairly sure that Nephele could as well.

I wonder what he wants...

tae
Throw me to the wolves
Image by Lunarblues !

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA
LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME

Najya was somewhat perplexed about the situation that she had just happened upon, but kept her thoughts to herself.  She dipped her head, politely, as Tilney introduced himself and explained his reasons for venturing the throat this day. Above, A’mal found herself more comfortable circling on the invisible air currents rather than coming to join the party, so to speak, though she was intrigued by these antlered strangers. Najya’s hazel eyes flickered to Tae - who seemed to be well in control of the situation - and a small smile pulled at her lips at the girl’s comments regarding the overall tolerance that the Throat had for pain.  

“Thank you for the cedar. As far as anaesthetics...  Well I suppose that Clove does provide some pain relief, but it’s best as an oil and that’s not the easiest to feat to engineer.  We do collect some willow bark when we can on patrols.  We have primrose, though that’s more an anti-inflammatory.  Ginger too, though it’s much more well suited for an upset stomach - handy for a mild colic. But Tae is certainly correct, we certainly don’t get many of our herd who come to us complaining of pain.” She paused for a moment before she continued.

“But to answer your question, I do have some aloe vera plants. I’ll send A’mal to get one for you. If you plant it, you can cut one of the leaves and plant it as well and a new plant will root.  A little bit goes a long way, and be careful not to eat it. It, um, aids in digestion - to put it lightly.  I believe the Edge had a greenhouse? Last I was there, it wasn’t quite complete, but it should grow well there once it’s complete.” Najya cast a glance skyward and A’mal let out a single cry before she was off towards where the aloe was nestled among the rocks. Already going, she called to her bonded, as her wings carried her swiftly across the familiar desert landscape.

A’mal landed next to Najya’s improvised garden and found a plant that would be easy enough to transport and carefully dug it from the soil.  Cupping the bottom of the plant gently she again took to the skies, flying much more carefully on her return journey so as not to drop her treasure.  She slowed as she approached the group, landing before the antlered stallion and letting out three chirps in quick succession before sitting back on her hind legs and holding out the plant.

NAJYA
image credits || Thank You Sarah! <3

@Tilney
@Tae
@Nephele

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark
AELFWINE

The doe stayed silent while the first creature approached, staying even more silent as more and more came and conversations were had. Aelfwine didn’t have anything important to offer in conversation or passing, and so she found it to be the best middle ground of not saying anything that would upset the other, especially with having a task such as what loomed ahead of them. Her cloven hooves meandered on as Tae mentioned her name and the idea of a bridge. Oh, thank the gods. A smile graced her pink snipped lips briefly while they headed in that direction.

Yet, as Aelfwine glanced around the water, she noticed there wasn’t a bridge to be found. The words Tae spoke of a key intrigued her, but it also seemed foreign in a way. Why would they need a key to get to a nonexistent bridge? When Nephele approached, and mentioned the idea of a key again, Aelfwine offered her a small nod and a smile. There wasn’t a doubt in her mind at the present moment that the children Nephele birthed were Tilney’s. She had met the one in the Threshold when she stumbled across Bartholomeo, and so she knew that since they were supposed to be twins that there would be another one roaming around.

Unless something terrible happened. And while she mulled that thought over in her mind, the bridge came to life in a glorious stupor of flames and brilliance. Another arrived and while her brother and the others continued to speak, Tae mentioned something Aelfwine hadn’t heard in quite some time. Immediately her verdant gaze trailed to the masked woman in curiosity. “You have alcohol here?” She mused aloud with a bright grin. Oh, she had only ever delved in it once with Bartholomeo back in the day. And while it left her with a few pains afterward, it had proved to be quite the great time. “It definitely helps to forget about things for awhile.” She noted to Tae before growing silent again.

"Talk."

this storm cannot erode you,
for you're more than blood and bone.

image credits

Still hanging out but I thought I'd respond so that way it wasn't like she's just waddling around after Tilney. xD

Well, that was uninteresting. The antlered one and the other antlered one were having their conversation elsewhere, and so whatever drama might have brought Tilney to the Dragon's Throat was concealed by the bloody sands and a stiff sea-breeze. Tae exhaled. What a waste.

She was about to turn to go, when the man's steely sister suddenly piped up. A flicker of amusement flared up in Tae's pale eyes, and she turned back around. "Of course we do. We're an island full of sweaty barbarians and loud-mouthed women. We'd eat ourselves alive without liquor." It was a joke, and yet something in her eyes suggested that perhaps there was a sliver of truth in it as well.

"To forget. To numb, or sometimes, just to make things bearable." The healer agreed, nodding her mandible-marked skull in easy agreement. "How does the Edge manage, if you've got no alchocol?" Tae heard herself asking, not normally one for small talk. "Lots of prayer circles and koombya I imagine." She added with a smirk. She'd only been to the Edge a few times, but she'd always left with an impression of them being a little whispy between the ears. A little too keen on the wrong things, perhaps.

@Aelfwine 

tae
Throw me to the wolves
Image by Lunarblues !