the Rift

[OPEN] Basin, I Choose You!

Arende Trefe Posts: 8
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 5 (Tallsun)
Adoptable
arende trefe

He had heard that not everyone was relatively welcome in the lands of Helovia, yet he found himself further to the north simply because he was drawn the the cold and the mountain peaks. It reminded him of home, of the rich snow he played in as a foal while his mother watched, and of rocky crags he often found himself either climbing or flying over in search of a place to trade his wares. Even though these peaks were not the same as his back in Korofi, but they still gave him a warm sense of nostalgia. Mother would have loved it here. Too bad she would never be able to see it.

A grey hoof slammed into the snow abruptly, eyes alight with fury as he suddenly couldn't contain the hate he felt for his brother, for the red beast with sharp amber and red eyes that made any woman who looked his way swoon. He absolutely utterly and without a shadow of a doubt loathed the man who had instead of helping their mother get proper medical attention, had chosen to let her die. This man who had walked away as if she hadn't matter, as if he hadn't killed an entire man's reason for living when he let her breathe her last breath.

Arende would not continue to sit and mope when he could be training and finding him, could bring him to the ground sobbing as Arende had when he had first discovered the cold lifeless body. He would slit his throat and watch him bleed his sins upon the ground in justice for his wrongdoings. He would pay, and he would pay with his life; such was the Korofi way. Honey eyes were glimmering he suddenly came to a halt beside a large sentinel, it made of metal and seemed to look at him with eyes filled with life. Despite his prior musings he suddenly couldn't help but marvel at the craftsmanship of this fine specimen, whomever was the creator knew what he was doing indeed. The way they remained so poised, looking down upon your with such a stoic demeanor that hide beneath a layer of malice.

He had a feeling that should they go further he might regret his decision, they seemed to be placed along the borders of the Basin to keep watch. He would appease them for now, but the part of him that longed to appraise just how intricate these designs were wanting to keep going, to see if they rendered any mechanical response. If allowed he would long to tinker and toy with the controls, to look inside to see how old and talk to whomever to see why he had specifically the material he had for his masterpiece. But for now he would wait, as these creatures most likely wanted him to do; until someone came and invited him in.

"Talk."

i have never met a strong
character with an easy past
image | bckg

OOC: Arende would like to join the Basin! Forgive me for such an awful post <3 @Eldala @Cassius

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

SUNSHINE cascades down on the Aurora Basin today. It was beautiful and refreshing after the days of rain and sleet. Somehow though, against all odds, the Tundra has managed to retain some snow. Through this very crusty, wet snow trudges an odd pair: a unicorn and a goat. Eldala had been gathering materials again; bark, loose feathers, fur. It was all useful when creating rope and that was what she was going to be making for the next few seasons as she helped fortify her home for the herd.

The satisfaction of the day's sucess was worn openly on her face as she dutifully worked her way across the valley floor. Halfway through her short trek movement catches her eyes though, causing a pause in her stride. The fem's sky colored eyes squint against the glint of sun on snow to see what it was moving near the sentinels.

/Ahh! A newcomer!/ the mare exclaims in her thoughts. How wonderful it was to see a new face! /Well, ok, they -could- be a newcomer or just be a visitor. But I can't know until I get there can I?/ The Weaver plops her supplies on Capro, who bleats in protest, "Can you get these to the cave love? Thank you!" The goat grumbles as he watches his bonded walk away towards the interesting new creature. No, there wasn't too much to carry but who wanted to do boring chores when you could be like actually meeting a new thing. Whatever the moving thing was. Ugh, bloody bondeds.

Eldala's short legs carry with bouncing haste, her excitement at meeting the new creature obvious in her movements. When she reaches him, she finds yet another rather stunning pegasi stallion, and the grin on her face widens. It seems like the most handsome ones were always pegasi here. Her feminine voice comes bright and airy,  "Greetings traveler! Is there anything I can help you with?"

Image Credit
@Cassius

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Cassius Posts: 46
Aurora Basin Haurspex atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.0h :: 4 [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

Cassius has found that moving through the snow is not so much of a chore for his frame. His feet find purchase behind the snow-encased ground, high steps and muscled limbs plow him through. With the melting, and the rains that herald the impending spring, he found it difficult nonetheless to trust his hooves – despite progress. The way was slippery, and the fall a long one, down below and tumultuous.

He was climbing his way up to the Aurora Basin, after having gone out earlier that morning. Full of energy that guided his steps with a pointed purpose, muscles coiled easily underneath his gray and spotted hide. Honeyed eyes settling upon the edges of his new homelands – gleaming for the chance to soak in the hot springs. For it was still cool and cold in the mountains. He could appreciate the respite they offered. More so, now that spring would offer warmer air.

Blinded by the light that bounced off the snow, Cassius came upon the stranger when he’d made ground level upon the entrance. His steps fell silent as the stallion gave pause, and stared dumbly at the winged visitor taking stock of the Sentinels. Tilting his head, the young man’s eyes fell upon the plethora of rich, earth hued feathers, and obsidian tips.

A rogue wind travels from behind the stallion, most likely giving away his scent. But he finds the newcomer approached by none other than Eldala.

Weaver, yes? The stallion squints his eyes in thought, just as his long locks obscure his view from the wind. He’s certain that’s who she is, they met briefly once – the short, rambunctious mare with the curious little creature attached to her side. Though its presence remained missing.

Avoiding having to call upon their attention, as he stood there –silent and brooding – he finally picked up his pace at an easy walk. Albeit cautious, for the stallion had had very little dealings with newcomers.

Or perhaps the stranger merely seeks business?

He puts on a small smile and whickers to the pair, making his way so that he did not come from directly behind the stallion. The young stallion’s head held high, he tossed his cumbersome hair aside just before greeting them.

“I couldn’t help but notice your fascination for the Sentinels.” He dips his head respectfully to the small mare. But for now he keeps names and pleasantries tucked beyond his silver stained lips.

He will wait and see what happens. Finding an odd delight in withholding his name and information from a fast and speedy introduction. Such things were required of slaves back in his homeland. But with another quiet, steady breath that lends to the brief puffs of air rolling out from his maw – he is comfortable enough to try something new today.

@Arende Trefe      
@Eldala

Arende Trefe Posts: 8
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 5 (Tallsun)
Adoptable
arende trefe

He almost hadn't noticed her simply for the fact that he was still enraptured with the structure of the sentinels. So when his eyes finally landed on her, he wasn't expecting someone so much smaller. Blinking, his ivory lips soon parted into a warm and tender smile, and with a dip of his head he spoke in return to her cheery demeanor,"Hello M'Lady, please pardon my intrusion. I actually came here to inquire about possibly joining your ranks should you have the time. These sentinels are very exquisite, their structure is nearly flawless and their composition is genius!" He suddenly took pause, as if thinking about what he wanted to say before sheepishly turning to her and smiling wider.

"I apologize, I was a trader and appraiser in my previous home, so I tend to grow... excited over parcels and items," he hummed gently, before another man came to join them. Honey eyes looked to him kindly, dipping his head cheerfully before letting his ears prick in his direction. Apparently his enthusiasm had been very obvious. Chuckling he looked to the ground once again with that somehow charming, sheepish grin, before looking to meet his expression kindly,"It seems my emotions can never be hidden. I am indeed deeply impressed with them. Are you perchance their builder? Because I would love to sit down and talk to you about how you managed to make something so refined." He meant it, with every ounce of his being, because he wanted to learn just who the creator of them were, and also wanted to figure out more about them. What made them tick.

Clearing his throat and trying to reign in his overeager actions, he turned to look at both of them at the same time, head level and smile still shining,"I am Arende Trefe, formerly known from the city of Bahari in Dorobo. I've traveled far and wide in search of someone, and I've come here; upon Helovia. So far I find this place, and everyone in it, to be quite pleasant." His wings momentarily ruffled at his sides, trying to rid himself of the winter air as he tried to move closer in attempt to leech the heat from his companions. As he did he offered his muzzle first to the pretty petite mare as a friendly greeting, before doing the same to the curious grey man. He then lifted himself into a more comfortable stance, looking to them both expectantly. Would they accept him as their own? Or would he be sent away to look at further endeavors.

"Talk."

i have never met a strong
character with an easy past
image | bckg

@Eldala - also idk who can accept but perhaps tag one of them? :D