the Rift

[OPEN] i never said i'd stay to the end [LEAVING]

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
into the sea, you and me
all these years, and no one heard
i love you, let's go

No effort has been wasted in the time leading up to this night, one, just like one that occurred nearly five years ago, that changes the flow of events in her life, of those around her, of those that are to come thanks to her actions.
A pair of keys, the symbol of her citizenship in the Dragon’s Throat, have been abandoned in the branches of the Dragon’s Blood tree, hanging on the low lying limbs like ornaments. The koi that had resided on the silver chain with them for so long that they might as well be part of one finds itself holding the mass of her loosely braided tail together, wrapped and coiled up in ropes of dark brown silk.
Its cousins hover around her in the pale moonlight, glowing a shade of deep blue, twisting as they swim in non-existent water.
She must look like a ghost pulled from the sea. The smell of salt burns her nostrils it bleeds so heavily from her, the red tinge of her coat now seemingly forever lost in the echos of her memories, her body now a pale constrast in the dark in the presence of all the soft glows around her: her horn, the moon, full bellied and ignorant to the parting occurring below it, the bright starlight, amplified in their vastness, and her fish, letting out sharp gasps of sparks as their electric bodies breathe.
Hobgoblin waits for in the water, having patrolled at the grace of her worries about predators, of anyone checking the borders, anything that could slow their living. He could care less if their leave and absence is notice because for the first time in his life, he's tired. The weight of this is too much, and after spending weeks tucked away in the north where Sikeax has been hiding or slipping through the desert like snakes and spirits when something drags them back into the Throat, there is nothing left to take.
He cannot even bring himself to imagine placing any portion of his body back on the island now. There is no need for it, and sometime within the near future, the beast will come to the conclusion that such a place is forgotten. He won't relieve himself of the memories because they are strong and they are all that he has to this place now, but as of the location, the fact that others live there, he will give that up without resistance.
"Now.
Nothing is holding her back. The ocean buries her pasterns inside of its body, welcoming her, waiting for her arrival so that it can take her away, somewhere away from her.
Sorrow runs out of her in a long sigh, heart wrenching in her chest, aches crushing frail rib bones.
Entering the water always hurts the most. Water overtakes her as she closes her eyes, succumbing to fear of the future, of the night, of whatever lays ahead, but at least now she is free, like she was always meant to be.

OOC: official leaving thread for sikeax. feel free to watch her go into the water or see her standing, but she's not gonna turn around for any conversations.
i'll post a thread for when she reaches the other side if someone might like to catch her there.
if you've got a thread going on with me in the DT, your reply is coming! i have them half-written and just need finishing.

Hobgoblin is in his leopard seal form and in the water, unnoticeable from the shore or from above.

lunarblues!

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Tae watched Sikeax go with wide, unsympathetic eyes.

There was a snarl on her face that seemed as though it couldn't decide if it should become a smirk, or fall into a frown. Her lips continued to twitch as a multitude of thoughts rumbled around in her mind. She was tempted to call the mare a coward, a weakling for deserting those she had called her family. And why? Because they had called her out on her bullshit?

Tae cocked a hip, Mal and Hel at her side.

The Sun God himself had risen her to glory and what had she done? Promoting Volterra to the rank of gladiator, while strange given his newness to the Throat, was a strategically wise move. Tae could see that now. But then Sikeax had just gone away. She'd taken the crown and hid. Had something happened in her life that called her attention away? Gaucho had left, Ampere too, as had Sohalia. But the Dragon's Throat had not let that go unpunished. Hadn't she heard stories of dissent when her Father made the Throat into an island? Was he not criticized upon his return even though he had been forcibly removed from his home? Hadn't Ampere? And Sohalia?

They all had to answer for their sins. Sikeax was no different.

The only real difference, was that the former healer hadn't been able to handle it.

Tae's pale eyes watched as the mare sunk into the water, and she wondered what the point of such a frigid and exhausting swim was. Why not use the bridge one more time? Why this self flagellation? What was the point of it all?

With a snort, the mandible-marked mare turned away from the cliff face. Away from Sikeax's departing form, and back into the bloody sands.

tae
this was your heart, this swarm of flies
This was once your mouth - this bowl of lies
Image Credits

Farah Posts: 13
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 17hh :: Yearling (Ages in Orangemoon)
Emily

So many times in my short six months, others have come and gone. Momma had been steady in my life, well for most of it. That is, until the wolf took her away in a bath of blood. Dad has been in and out. I can't remember if he was there for my birth, but he and another mare were there for Momma's exit. The moonlight only makes be stand out more, the slight glow and sparkle of some sort of magic I can't control making my darker coat shine just a bit more.

With chocolate eyes I watch as the former Sultana leaves us. I say us, as the herd is home and family. Well, I like to think of them that way at least. The Throat is all i've ever known. All I care to know for now at least. Why, would someone who was supposed to lead us just.. Well abandon us like this? I spy another, flanked by something similar to the wolf that killed Momma... Because of this I don't go forward to speak to her.

Instead we both just watch, as yet another makes an exit. Maybe one day, i'll make an exit too. But for today, this is home.

"Talking"

Farah