the Rift

[PRIVATE] Can't Fight The Tears That Aren't Coming

Sabia Posts: 58
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Mouse
Sabia

There's this dream Sabia keeps having, of when she was little, its the time her father taught her to swim. Sabia stood on a rock formation a little higher than the pond her father stood in, the water went only up to his knees but for her it was the ocean. She remembers looking down at the great blue hole and not feeling afraid because her daddy was down there, his blue eyes full of trust and certainty, those eyes are all she knows. "Its okay baby just jump" he says and theres something in that voice that makes her close her eyes and jump, just let go.

Sabia feels the air rushing up around her as she falls for what feels like ages but then she hits the water and it feels like her ribs are being crushed, the air rushes out of her small body. She opens her eyes and suddenly she's an adult, standing in the strange dark forest called the secret grove, there is a strange feeling deep inside of her. A panic that makes her feel sick inside, she knows this place but Sabia just can't place it.

There's something behind her that makes her turn, there stands a large black wolf with violent green eyes. The wolf licks his maw and darts at her. Suddenly Sabia's wings don't work and her hooves are stuck to the ground like cement, Sabia is forced to feel herself being ripped apart by sharp teeth and then-

Sabia always wakes up.

Her heart wants to break out of her ribs and burst from her chest in fright, her coat slick with sweat. The cool breeze sends a shiver down her back and she realizes for now she is safe in the Thistle Meadow, under the largest red oak she's ever seen.

The mare rises from her nap and shakily goes to the stream for a drink of ice cold water that washes away most of her panic, damn that man...he's ruined me Sabia knows she'll never be the same. Especially if she holds this incident inside of her for so long but shame keeps her from telling and getting justice.

Sometimes Sabia wishes that she never entered Helovia.
Put me through hell again, I miss the fire.
 Notes:  Sorry it took long I was waiting for Birdsong. Sabia has a nightmare the wolf represents Albrecht when he raped her in the secret grove.

@Mortuus Nox
" Stolen friends and disease, Operator please.
Patch me back to my mind.
But everybody knows.
That a broken heart is blind."

Force/violence is allowed as long as Sabia does not die or is maimed.
please tag if mentioned!

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
You can have your very own
Devil at the cross roads

The dark creature moved through the lands. He was a shadow, a ghost, and a specter on the shadows. Deep black tones of his body moved through the heavy brush of the trees. The man was never in the open. He stayed away from viewing eyes. Nox was used to being judged on his appearance. Many creatures did not take his demonic looks lightly. Two thick horns raised from his skull like hell clawing its way up to earth. His body moved with haunting movements; cracked hooves claimed the land under them. The monster in the mountains finally emerged from his hiding. Nox was out to adventure and see how much things have changed. With the death of Deimos Nox just had to take a chance to get away from the Basin for a bit.

A light huff came to his maw as he watched a small creature scurry. What a dirty little creature. It was a rat, the lowest of the low. They ate the scum of others; they were useless. Diseased, nasty little beast. The more and more he thought about it, the more he wanted the thing dead. With that said his magic released upon the creature. It squealed and screamed for its life, but it was too late. Flesh rotted and gave way to the bone. It crumbled and melted in front of his eyes. A demonic smile came across his maw; he was pleased. The beast was satisfied once again, and he could continue on his walk. Going further and further away from home the beast found his way into the meadow. It was a calm place that was never really filled with much excitement. Maybe that was a good thing for the monster. Nox enjoyed being alone after all. Tangled tresses weaved and webbed into black dreadlocks. His tail dragged the ground, kissing his every step.

Cold gray eyes locked upon a movement ahead of him. Something was shifting from under the tree and moving. Dread filled his heart, why could he never be alone. Helovia was filled with so many others that there was someone in every inch of the lands. For a second he thought about turning and creeping back into the mountains, but something told him to stop and stay. The demon loathed making contact with others not from the basin. Gray eyes studied the forms and figure of the creature to realize it was a pegasus. Dread dropped into the deepest part of his gut, and Nox tried not to let the look of hate fall into his stone cold eyes. Play nice, talk to the pitiful thing... Grumbling with regret the man walked forward. Dead eyes locked upon the woman. Why was she out here alone, where was she from, who was she? Nox questioned in his skull as his eerie body moved closer. Finally, the scarred beast came to a halt next to her. Cracked hooves stood on the edge of land and water, and his demon like crown lowered. Cold eyes looked over to the girl, and his voice rumbled deep within his chest. "What are you doing out here alone? I am Mortuus Nox of the Basin. Are you okay?" Latin accented words dripped from his maw like honey. A smile came to his face, but coldness grew from his gray eyes. Just be nice.. it can't be that hard

"Talk."
image credits

@Sabia

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Sabia Posts: 58
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Mouse
Sabia

As of lately Sabia's condition has worsened, her coat is shaggy and dirty, her mane and tail knoted, not to mention all the weight she's clearly lost. Overall the mare looks dull and tired almost like she's given up on everything, her life on autopilot. With only one working ear she doesn't realize that there is someone coming up behind her, until it's too late. When the voice finally hits her ears Sabia practically jumps out of her skin. Sabia jumps away and turns until she's facing the man, this Mortuus Nox.

Eyes narrowed she snaps at the dark man. "Didn't anyone ever tell you not to sneak up on horses?" both working and nonworking ears twitch out of habit, even though one is shreaded. Sabia doesn't look threatening, just tired and depressing as if she was a scarecrow.

Whisking her tail Sabia figures maybe if she speaks her affiliation he wont try anything. "Sabia...a healer of the Dragon's Throat" she says hesitantly eyeing the intemidating mad with dull sea green eyes. The mare's heart was beating out of her chest because his accent was strange and his eyes seemed unwelcoming.

Out of habit she presses her wings tight to her body. Trying to seem as if she wasn't panicking.
Put me through hell again, I miss the fire.
 Notes:  Sorry its short and crappy!

@Mortuus Nox
" Stolen friends and disease, Operator please.
Patch me back to my mind.
But everybody knows.
That a broken heart is blind."

Force/violence is allowed as long as Sabia does not die or is maimed.
please tag if mentioned!

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
You can have your very own
Devil at the cross roads

A sigh fell from his mouth and dropped heavily into the air. Cold eyes looked upon the worried mare as she shifted and moved uncomfortably. Tilting his head slight he took in each word the mare had to say, and he could not help the smile dropping upon his maw. She was so concerned about his barbaric appearance that the mare seems like she wants to flee for her life. Unfortionally Nox has that effect on some creatures. He was a haunting beast after all.  "My Dear just take a deep breath. I promise I will not hurt you, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Please forgive me." Latin filled words drug from his mouth like a beast from hell. There was a slight warmth coating each letter. He wanted to reassure the mare he would not hurt her. Lowering his heavy crown the stallion dipped his head to the girl. His brows raised as she spoke her name and where she was from.

At least she was not so scared that she could not share her name, or a name with him."Sabia, you are a healer of the Throat. How interesting, I have no had the pleasure of studying the healing methods of the desert yet. I am a medic for the Basin, I also fond joy in studying the plant and healing ways. I know it seems out of place for me. When you have lived through so much death, there comes a point that you just want to see life again." His scar-laced shoulder shrugged as gray eyes scanned the area around them. She might not accept his words, but this mare has no clue the amount of abuse he went through. The demonic beast had a rhyme and reason for everything that he did, maybe it was a good thing he was talking to this flying creature. No, he should not call her that, he shall call her by her name, Sabia. Cracked hooves took a step back to give her more room. Maybe he just caught her at a bad time. "I can leave if that is what you wish Sabia. I do not want to make you uncomfortable. You have to understand I am more welcoming than I appear. I Have just had a rough life, and it clearly shows." Cole harsh eyes looked to his coat once again. each scar held a story, and some even held a death. He was a walking demon, lifeless shell doomed to live on earth for all on eternity. Nox did not have to scare the mare away with death and doom filled stories. It seemed his appearance was doing a great job of that. If only others would look past the haunting looks, they might just find a blackened heart of gold.

"Talk."

OOC:: Im so sorry!! I will be much quicker, I promise not to let thier threads die!
image credits

@Sabia

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.