the Rift

[OPEN] Chasing Ghosts [Mesec]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
HEART SICK_AND EYES FILLED UP WITH BLUE

It worked so well the last time Ampere got piss drunk and marched off to a herd land where some form of her heart ache harbored, that why the fuck not do it again!? So that's exactly what she did.

It began when she noticed that he wasn't there any more. He wasn't gone, because she still saw him in the crowd when the whole realm gathered together, but he wasn't there any more. Mesec wasn't calling the sands his home any more, and Ampere wondered for just how long that had been the case. Gaucho's death had followed not long after her return, and it had been like a sun's death, imploding inward and sucking everything into its destruction, including the entirety of Ampere and her awareness. Only now as the gravity of the supernova began to lessen, did she have the strength to lift her head up and look around and wonder what else had been decimated.

"I'm going to see him," she said pointedly in the midst of a binge.
No, don't. Kygo insisted, his features unamused. He didn't condone her drinking, but he also didn't try very hard to stop it. It was the only time Ampere was remotely Ampere as of late, when the drink chased away the remnants of Gaucho that she carried around.
"Nah, I'm gonna," she reaffirmed, and then gracelessly lifted herself from the sands and began her trek... wait, where was he if he wasn't in the Throat?
Should stay home, Kygo suggested, but Ampere waived him off.
"I have a guess," she slurred, shaking her head. "I have strong warrior instrints!" she solidified, chuckling as she grabbed her tap and left her shield at her roost.

So she marched east, stopping to catch her breath and satiate her continuous thirst, but not with anything so paltry as water of course.
Didn't go well last time, Kygo attempted to remind her as he flitted along side her, doing his own to partake of new seeds as they wandered the wilds.
"Pfffbht," Ampere responded, her body jarring to the side as if the words had knocked her off course. She stumbled, then realigned herself with a huff. "He loves me!" and gods knew, she was in need of some love lately.
Kygo rolled his eyes, Loved you, he corrected.
"That's what I said, he loves me."
LovED.
"Stop repeating what I say! I know you're a parrot but come on," Ampere complained, stomping ahead with more gusto. Kygo gave up with exasperation, content to let his sour mood sour their bond with a muddy tinge. Ampere, her own firework of colors and feelings, wasn't too aware of the little tug his mood provided to her own feelings. She was sour enough for the both of them anyway.

By the time she reached the Edge it was the middle of the night. She didn't actually know if he was here, but she had a guess, given this was his mother's herd and all. Of course, he had gone to the Throat to escape his mother, but she couldn't imagine he'd leave the herd for anyone else. "MESEC!!!!" she blurted suddenly into the night as she stood among the mists and surveyed the creepy land. Thinking perhaps she'd get a better view from the trees she flapped her wings and launched into a nearby bough, awkwardly landing with her hooves splayed on the thick wood. "IS MESEC HERE!?!?" she shouted from the foliage, breaking suddenly into laughter as the branch trembled precariously under her weight, leaves shaking like an instrument. It must have inspired her, because abruptly she broke out into song.

A M P E R E

plaguedog.deviantart.com

[I know since I'm not part of this herd I can't make this private but I'd prefer this be just for @Mesec and if anyone wants to join to ask first. Maybe @Roskuld ?]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

Chico was usually real good about calling me over whenever he saw some kinda shit-show at the border--but that night, the winds were blowing differently and he thought fuck it for a hot minute before calling my ass over. It wasn’t often he caught horses in trees--but to find one drunk, AND singing? Breh. He wasted no time getting into position, not even bothering with hiding himself from her view. He sat his ass right down in front of that tree, eyes blazing and grin toothy as he hunkered down for a show.

It was only when he had gotten himself good ‘n comfortable--wings tucked around him, mane situated so it wouldn’t tug painfully underneath his fat ass (hey now)--that he finally called me. Yo, he said, and I could hear the laughter in his thought, we got a shrieker. I could feel a regret coming from him that I couldn’t piece together right that second, cuz I was pissed by default about running patrol--but I realized, later, that he wished I wasn’t working and that he still had some of them goddamned apples to feed me, cuz he was still laughing about that other night.

Y’know the one. (Well not yet but shit, you will)

I’d heard her screaming before Chico himself had sent it at me: MESEC!!!! IS MESEC HERE!?!? And I was more pissed right off the bat, cuz like. How the fuck are you gonna come up on someone’s doorstep screaming like that? (fuck ya’ll I ain’t never do it at night) Like people ain’t tryna sleep or whatever? Like we ain’t got babies or some shit? The fuck man?

And I won’t lie, there was a special irritation at some strange bitch walkin’ around d e m a n d i n g Bro like that. Like--bitch don’t come at me him like that, I’ll snatch the tracks out’cho head, fuck with me.

I wasn’t expecting her to be in a tree, though; so when I rolled up there was a solid, like, 23 seconds where I was just staring up at her with squinty eyes and a cocked head. Beholding this hot mess. It was almost a work of art, I ain’t gonna lie, and I couldn’t judge her for how pissy drunk she obviously was. I wasn’t that sort of hypocrite and besides, that’s not where my irritation lay. “The fuck you want with him for?” I spit at her, my handle on grammar flying outta my head in the wake of my anger, Horses tryna sleep! What even the hell are you doin’ screaming like that? What-wh--where you born in a barn??

Chico snuggled deeply into the ground, his grin cheesier than ever, cuz he already knew.

"talk"

image credits

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Mesec hadn’t been sleeping, but he had been enjoying a peaceful moment. Lyra was a bundle of energy and she was ready for some games. Vesper was already asleep so that left Mesec to entertain her and Lucius to brood quietly to himself on a nearby fir branch, eyeing the strange little addition to their group. She yipped almost constantly while she played, high-pitched barking as she ran in circles between Mesec’s legs - her soft black fur illuminated by the silver glow of his markings. She was almost entirely black except for a scattering of silver stars on her snout and her bright violet eyes.

Mesec was just snaking his head to tug gently on one of her five tails as she skittered out from underneath him when his name shouted from the border caused them all to pause.

Blue Bitch. Lucius informed Lyra, who had perked her ears curiously towards the sound of Mesec’s name being called. The zephyr recognized the voice just as quickly as Mesec had but while Mesec felt concern and curiosity, Lucius was filled right up with annoyance - though they both were asking the same basic question: why had she come here? Pausing only to let Lyra scramble up a lowered wing and onto his back, the trio took off towards the source of the call as quickly as they could.

Roskuld had already beaten them there and Mesec was comforted by the presence of his sister - maybe things wouldn’t be quite so awkward with her here. He trotted over while Lucius circling far overhead to keep a watchful eye on things - wondering how easy it would be to knock her out with a quick dive. Uncertain about Ampere’s mental state, he encouraged Lyra to stay hidden for a moment and prayed that the violet-eyed kitsune would actually listen to him. He didn’t want to face his friend’s wrath tonight.

But far from wrath was that… singing?

His silver eyes scanned the ground but only found Roskuld. “Ros? What’s…” But his voice trailed off when he looked up and found the source of the singing. Although he recognized her voice, he had never heard her sing before and it threw him off. Ampere. What are you doing up there?” Although he thought it was a perfectly valid question, a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth at the sight he was taking in.

Mesec the Nightwind

image by Inspiratori at deviantart.com

An angry, squat, muscular mare strolled up to answer Ampere's call. She might have guessed this was a warrior on patrol given her muscular make up and authoritative questions, but Ampere instead recognized the demi-god she'd seen before with Mesec and the rest whenever great threats plagued the land. Add this knowledge to Roskuld's crass query, and Ampere had a smug grin spreading rapidly on her features.

Her song had been cut short by voice, but there was still a musical lilt (and a drunken drawl) to her response. "Whyyyy, is he heeere?" There's a laugh that explodes from her lips then, cackling at Roskuld's finale statement. Her legs buckle on the bough, and Ampere slouched down until she's awkwardly laying on the branch. She intends to slouch against it like some sort of sex panther, but truth be told she was oddly splayed and precariously hanging on. "I havet even started screeeemin!" she declared with a toothy grin and a salacious wink.

By then the Nightwind had blown into town, and Ampere gave a guttural purr at seeing him, more content with her master detective work than actually beholding him, though that certainly counted too. "Aaaaaay!" she greeted cheerfully, "Look whoooo finally shoowed up." She tried to lean over to see him better and did the inevitable - tumbled out of the tree onto her magnificent ass. It was a flurry of feathers and leaves, and some dignity, though Ampere didn't seem to miss any. "Owwww," she moaned, and she surely would feel that more in the morning, but in the moment her liquor kept her in a nice warm cocoon, and not just emotionally. "I been lookin fer yooou," she giggled, spinning around to face him. "And ur heeeere."

"Youuuur here."
A pause, some clarity seeping in.
"Why heeeere?" She tilted her head.

A M P E R E

plaguedog.deviantart.com

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

I wasn’t amused but Chico was so fuck it right? Especially when she fell out the tree, which was just a piece of magic to him, goddamn, and there was a gush in his heart that felt like falling in love. He lowered his head onto his paws with a cheesy grin, beholding his black and blue wailing goddess cavorting before him. Precious.

I didn’t think the same at all and I hated Chico for being a butt and I hated her for slinking at me like that, posing obscenely with an innocent tree, and the way she cooed at Mesec when he finally came around. But more than that I hated even more that her reactions to him, and his to her, were grounded in a history of them knowing each other. She wasn’t just some random asshole to flutter up drunkenly in the boundaries of the Edge. She had come here with a purpose grounded in reality, which gave her agency, which took away any chance for my immediate reaction, which was to kick her ass well away from my home.

But something told me Mesec wouldn’t like that; I don’t know who she was to Mesec, but it was enough for him to ask “What are you doing here?” instead of fuckin’ her up on sight. And she was asking questions, probing him for his business and wondering why he was here of all places.

“Cause he can be, the fuck? I spit at her before I could stop myself, realizing too late that maybe this wasn’t the best way to talk to my Bro’s...uh…person. Which made me growl with exasperation, cuz I just wanted her gone but it felt like that was the role I was supposed to play. “You need me to leave?” I asked Mesec with slumped shoulders, while Chico promptly ignored any future social cues that would prevent him from witnessing this majesty.

"talk"

image credits

@Mesec <3

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Though unaware of the similarities, Mesec and his companions were of as differing views about Ampere as Chico and Roskuld were. When Ampere fell, Mesec’s reaction was to hurry forward a few steps to make sure that she was alright while Lyra barked with laughter when she heard the tremendous thud. Lucius helpfully described to her what it had been like, since the kitsune had not been able to see for herself, and Mesec’s smallest companion promptly decided that she wasn’t missing any more of the good stuff just because Mesec was a Nervous Nelly. Her small black head popped out of Mesec’s folded wings and she scrambled out, trying to get a good look. Only, from Mesec’s back, his fat head and neck were blocking her view so she took a little tumble herself - clamouring down his wing and then falling to the ground. She spotted Chico a moment later - her violet eyes widening in delight at seeing another companion - and she scrambled over to greet him/share in his vantage point.

Mesec wasn’t exactly satisfied that Ampere was okay, but there was little he could do about it. Lucius ignored the request to go find a Moon Doctor and there did not seem to be any outward bleeding.

In her slurred voice, Ampere stated that she had been looking for him. Well, they knew that part already. But why? And why in this state?

When Roskuld asked, Mesec considered for a moment whether he wanted her to leave but it didn’t take any time at all to reach the answer. He was being a coward, he did not want to face Ampere alone - certainly not while she was in… whatever state she was in right now. Seeing her was confusing, causing conflicting emotions to swarm in his head like debris caught in a storm - slicing into the new persona that he had found. He was building himself, putting himself back together. He was a family man now, the a member of a herd, surrounded by new friends… As if he could just leave behind everything else.

It was easy to push aside the feeling of nostalgia that rose at seeing Ampere when she was acting so… strange. Intoxicated? Mesec had never actually seen the effects of alcohol before, not that he could remember, but something was causing Ampere to not act like herself. He did not like the idea of Roskuld leaving them alone together - as though he needed something to anchor him. Last time, their children had been nearby and he had Vesper’s watchful gaze giving him strength. Now, he had his sister. So he whispered back to her, “No, please stay” before focusing his attention on Ampere and answering her question in a slightly different fashion than Roskuld. “The Edge is my home now.” He stated it simply, though of course it was far from that simple. He had made himself an outcast from the Throat, unable to face returning to that herd after everything he had done, and spent over a year crawling through Helovia on his own before his mother had encouraged him to join this place.

Perhaps that was a conversation that he should have with Ampere, actually explain why he did not go back to the Throat, but it did not look like today would be the right time to have it. Not while she was like this. His gaze shifted to Roskuld for a moment, wondering if his sister had any idea how they should handle this situation. Concern edged back into his voice and expression as he spoke again, changing the subject from himself and back to his friend. “Are you feeling okay, Ampere? Do you want to lie down?”  

Mesec the Nightwind

image by Inspiratori at deviantart.com
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

She bristles, the fat one, and Ampere's gaze lazily swings towards her to afford her...something. Attention wouldn't be exactly correct, but she gets something. Ampere's mouth opens, poised as if to respond, but she hiccups instead and it slams shut, teeth rattling a little bit. By then Mesec is speaking, and happily she swings her focus back to him, grinning stupidly once she beholds him. He tells Roskuld to stay, and Ampere bobs her head, just agreeing with him even if she hasn't retained what she's agreeing about - Roskuld is the least of her worries right now (so she thinks).

He goes on and his response to his living situation is matter of fact, which would have wounded her in a more sober climate, but as it is she's kind of forgotten the question she asked him. So instead she gets caught on what he's asking her, and it creates a little giggle that bubbles up from her chest.

"Ooohhhhh I'm aaaaaaay-okaaaaaaaay now," she slurs around her quipping laughter, swaying a bit as her balance lurches between her hooves like a spinning roomba caught in some corners. "'Specially ifff weer 'onna beeee laaaaaying down." She attempts to wink at him, but just shuts both of her eyes for an uncomfortably long time.

"I feel grat!" she promises, answering him again. Then, mixing up her phrasing (or does she?), "yooooou feeeel GRAT!" She's enthusiastic, and it seems to revitalize her, because she's on the move. Her wings drape from her sides loosely, and fan out slightly to catch her wayward balance as she attempts to slink closer to Mesec.

"Hey hey heyheyyyyy, how 'bout we go back to tha beech?" She's adrift in the best memories she has with him, when everything hadn't gone so much to shit, when her heart wasn't torched and torn. The beach, aside from possibly meaning the Throat, was a routine meeting ground of theirs where intimacy had been increasingly shared. She misses that now, buried as it is beneath wolf hair and broken promises. Even if she didn't have Mesec's attention any more, it felt like she lost her friend too.

A M P E R E

plaguedog.deviantart.com