the Rift

[OPEN] I caught fire

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
G L A S G O W

It was Birdsong, finally. The snow had begun melting leaving beautiful flowers in its wake, but created an even heavier weight on the Glazier. Her main mission today was to finish the Greenhouse, and then after accomplishing that feat, she’d planned on leaving the Edge. Of leaving her duty of Glazier here and everything between herself and Tilney in the past. Though, it was never easy. She found it difficult to even think of the idea of doing it. She had been in the Edge ever since she stepped through the Threshold – when Ophelia had greeted her there with Thranduil.

Though it didn’t come without a bit of pain in her heart, either. She had made friends here, few and far between but good friends nonetheless. Lyanna was the one that mostly came to mind, seeing as Glasgow hadn’t ruined their relationship yet. She only hoped that despite her leaving the herd, that her and the Moon Doctor could still be friends. And as she stepped closer and closer to the greenhouse, the further the burning in her stomach grew. Oh, how she regretted doing such a thing, but she felt the need and the purpose of doing something else with life. Somewhere where others might understand her better. She remembered the Reaper as she created their greenhouse, of how he was quiet much like herself, reserved and never really saying anything out loud.

She wanted to live in a place like that. Where it wouldn’t be weird for her to be such a recluse. And with the new glass spikes surrounding the Edge, she hardly felt as though she had a purpose. Nobody came to her to ask for gifts, aside from Raeden. Nobody came to just see her, and the more she dwelled on it, the more it hurt. Things would be different in the Basin, as she kept telling herself. She believed that if she said it enough times, it would be true.

Her bloodstained hooves paused just outside of the greenhouse, her glassy gaze surveying her and Anzanie’s work on the building before heaving a hefty sigh and entering the large glass creation. She sighed quietly to herself yet again, closing her eyes for a few moments as she gathered her strength and power, drawing the mist that continued to hover over the Edge and creating a clear liquid she could move around. And just like how she did the greenhouse in the Basin, she started with one edge, aiming the liquid to begin to create a seal as she built on it. Back and forth, she continued to build the glass on each other seamlessly until finally it had met the other side. Then for good measure, she went around the edges one more time until the roof had been properly sealed and completed. Stepping out of the Greenhouse, she looked around for a moment before lifting her scarred head and calling for her Queen.

"Talk."

what a strange illusion it is,
to suppose that beauty is goodness

image credits

Glasgow created the roof for the Greenhouse! It's finally finished :) It's also her last thread here, so come and see her if you wanna say goodbye :C she'll tell Alysanne as soon as she appears <3 @Alysanne

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

As it always did, recognizing that the call that rang out in the Edge was for her sent a chill down Alysanne’s spine as dread seeped through her. Was someone sick? Injured? Had something happened? She always feared the worst, her career as a doctor encouraging her to be practical and expect absolutely everything. It also taught her not to delay so as soon as she heard the call, she was moving. Hemlock swooped before her, his small wings just a little faster than her legs as she cantered through the Edge. The paths through these woods were second nature to her now, she knew each turn and land mark on the way to the greenhouse. She should, she had travelled it enough times.

The small owl appeared from the trees first, taking in the sight of Glasgow and the fact that she seemed to be physically alright and relaying this message to Alysanne. Heaving a sigh of relief, though not a large one just yet, Alysanne checked her speed so she did not leap out of the trees like a madwoman and scare their Glazier. Instead she approached at an easy trot, concern still darkening her green eyes but it was masked with a bright smile when she realized that their greenhouse - started just after she had joined the Edge, if she remembered correctly - was finished!

“Hello Glasgow!” She called out to the other mare with a friendly tone, hoping that the fact that she was checking her over for anything amiss wasn’t too obvious as she approached. Perhaps she had just called to report the progress of the greenhouse? It took a few more long strides before she came to a stop finally before Glasgow, Hemlock circling over the greenhouse and admiring the work that had been done. “How are you?” She asked first, of course, that being the most important thing for her to see to, before she gestured to the glass structure nearby. “The greenhouse looks beautiful. Thank you so much for your hard work!”
Alysanne
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.
image credits
table by boom <3

@Glasgow <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden was still healing from the challenge. Not only was her wounds healing, but her heart was still healing as well. Tin noticed she had been reticent since this challenge. He frowned seeing his bonded like this and tried desperately to cheer her up. Nothing was working. Her legs moved, and her attention drew to her right leg. The bad the Glasglow made for her and her sister made her smile softly. It was a constant reminder of her sister. She smiled softly; she will go to the Basin soon to see her again. Maybe she can talk to her about training sneaks together. That would be with the approval of Iona. Then a frown came to her maw thinking how her sister would take the news that she lost her title. What would Hotaru think of her?

Nevermind that...

Raeden continued on deeper in Edge. With teal eyes glimmering in the sun she heard a call that was close. It was a familiar voice, so Raeden went to see who it was. When she came to the clearing, she saw Glasgow by the greenhouse. Raeden smiled brightly walking into the clearing. The greenhouse was finally done, and it was beautiful. Raeden always liked the odd mare. Yes, she might be different, but so was Raeden. Glasgow was in the shadows hiding from viewing eyes. The queen was already there, and the pale mare made her way over. Dipping her skull she tried not to seem broken and torn "Hello my Queen, and hello Glasgow." Taking a deep breath tin nudged her side. The traditional charm and cheer were not bright in her voice. stop thinking about yourself Rae.. she told herself to stop and smile. Tin, on the other hand, frowned and huddled close to Rae. She needed him right now. The greenhouse was done. What a beautiful sight to see in front of her. "Wow you have done such a beautiful job! Your skill is incredible Glasgow. My sister loved the bracelet that you made us. I have never felt closer to her. I really want to thank you for taking your time and helping our relationship remain strong. You really do not know how much I love it. How could I ever thank you? " Her light tones filled the air admiring the glazers work.
"Talk."
raeden
"I want someone with secrets that nobody, nobody, nobody knows"

image | coding

@Glasgow @Alysanne

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She understands the feeling of not belonging. Not having a purpose. Every day, she fights at the feel that swells in the pit of her stomach like acid. Fights the hole she is so tempted to rip into her own life. Where would she go, though? The Throat? Once upon a time she’d been offered a home there as well. She’d chosen the Edge. And every day she wonders if she chose the right path. But at the same time, who does she know in the Throat, or any of the other herds for that matter? Aly was here. Glasgow was here. Raeden and Gawen and yes, even Tilney. They were here because they gave her a chance and maybe she just didn’t give them enough of a chance.

She cannot yet know Glasgow’s intentions, but if she did, if she knew the reasons that swam in Glawgow’s mind, she would not blame the mare. No. Lyanna understands that feeling all too well.

A call rings out from somewhere around the greenhouse, and though it’s not for her, Lyanna can’t help but slip the remaining distance through the trees to see what’s going on. Glasgow is there already, Alysanne and Raeden already there. For a moment, she almost doesn’t go, feeling like she might be intruding. The call was clearly not for her. But then the glass roof of the greenhouse catches in the moon and she notices it’s done.

Her favorite horses in the herd all together, and the greenhouse done. How can she not go?

So she does, nickering softly in greeting as she comes to a stop near the group. The smile that comes to her face is light and easy, and it feels good to feel like herself for a moment. She offers a nod to the group as a whole, then her teal eyes drift to Glasgow. “The greenhouse looks amazing,” she says simply, turning her gaze to look it over and resisting the urge to disappear inside and start tilling at the dirt for planting.

Instead she turns her attention back to the group. “Alysanne,” she says with a smile and a nod, greeting her friend and Queen properly. Then her attention shifts to Raeden. “How are you feeling?” Physically, she could help with. There’d be herbs to help any lingering pain. Emotionally, she could only be a shoulder to lean on. She knows, all too well, how deep those wounds can cut.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

I know Glas and Lyanna are cleaning together, but she had to be here to say goodbye. Hope you don't mind! Feel free to skip her in posting order though, I don't want to hold you up.

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
G L A S G O W

The first thing to capture the Glazier’s attention was the swooping of wings as it approached. Granted, owls were quiet creatures, but Glasgow had seen many of them on her travels. Mainly since she traversed the land at night, and so she felt as though she was possibly a bit more predisposed of listening for the quiet night hunters. As her glassy gaze landed on the owl briefly before Alysanne breached the clearing. A soft yet solemn smile reached the corners of her lips at the friendliness that Alysanne always had to offer for her. Oh, how she wished this was a better meeting.

I’m doing well. How are you?” The words felt strained, but she pressed on nevertheless. A soft sigh slipped inaudibly though her lips as she stepped aside while Alysanne looked to the greenhouse and commented. Nodding quietly, Glasgow offered the mare another tiny smile. “It’s finally finished.” She noted, before another pair breached the line. Raeden had appeared and Glasgow dipped her scarred head to the mare in greeting as she addressed the Queen and herself. Then, she showered Glasgow with compliments that made this seem even more painful. Her stomach churned and burned with regret, but knowing it was the best thing she could do for herself. And for once, she needed to not think about others when deciding factors of her own happiness. “Your kind words are more than enough.” She replied in a quiet, rough voice to Raeden.

And then as if it couldn’t get any worse, Lyanna was there. Her lips tugged in a small frown as she slid her eyes briefly across her only true friend now. Glasgow hoped that despite her leaving, that she’d be able to visit – then maybe, if Lyanna would be willing to meet her in the Basin. It was a trek, but the scarred woman was willing to do anything for her friends, despite how few of them there were. “Thank you Lyanna.” She commented while she paused for if Alysanne wanted to reply to the Moon Doctor.

Though, this isn’t the only reason I called you here Alysanne.” She began, pausing and doing the best she could from wincing from the words. “This… is hard for me to say. But I’ve been in the Edge ever since I’ve been in Helovia. And while I love you all, and appreciate everything you’ve done for me, I want to see what else this land has to offer.” She paused, emotionless pale gaze glancing across the faces of those gathered, creasing with lines of sadness and sorrow. “I want to go to the Basin. I hope, maybe, that I can come and visit sometimes.” For some reason, this was growing extremely emotional to Glasgow. She could feel the tears threatening to brim her scarred eyelids, but she blinked them away. Lowering her head, she rubbed her face along her blood stained feet in the attempts to hide it off as an itch.

Then, her gaze landed on Lyanna with a sad smile. “I’m so sorry.” She spoke quietly, mostly to Lyanna but to Alysanne and Raeden as well. “You all have been my family, and I appreciate it far more than I can even comprehend.” Her voice cracked slightly, and she shook her dual horned head slightly, turning it away from the group as she waited for a response. Afraid, scared to look at them in the eyes as the news computed.

"Talk."

what a strange illusion it is,
to suppose that beauty is goodness

image credits

i cried :s @Alysanne @Raeden @Lyanna
thank you guys so much for everything with Glasgow ;-;

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Alysanne wasn’t the only one to come admire Glasgow’s hard work. Raeden, one of the sleuths, soon followed and Lyanna joined a moment later. Both of the mares were greeted with a warm smile and a dip of Alysanne’s dark head. She, too, was interested in hearing Raeden’s response to Lyanna’s question. She felt at peace with these three mares, enjoying their company and the ease of conversation.

Though, it wasn’t destined to be a simple day filled with stories and marvelling in Glasgow’s talented work. The pale unicorn began to speak, her tone halting and pained as she explained that she wanted to leave the Edge to go to the Basin. Upon hearing the news, Alysanne felt first surprise and then sympathy - it was clear that this was not an easy decision for Glasgow to make and she wanted to make it as easy on her as possible. There wasn’t even a thought towards anger or disappointment and even if there was, Alysanne’s natural instinct to fix sadness and hurt wouldn’t have allowed her to speak or act on them.

“It’s okay, Glasgow. You don’t have to apologize, not to me. You will be missed, for your company and your skill as a crafter, but I understand.” Or, she thought she did. Not everyone stumbled into Helovia, happened across the Edge, and stayed here forever like Alysanne had done. She knew that, knew that there were other lands calling to the hearts of those around her and sooner or later - they would all leave. Everyone did.

Except, perhaps, the ones she wished would leave.

She shifted forward with the intention of touching her muzzle gently to Glasgow’s shoulder if the other mare would allow her, a soft sad smile in her green eyes when she drew back. “We will always be here for you.”

Alysanne
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.
image credits
table by boom <3

115 YEARS LATER BUT I REALLY WANTED TO REPLY STILL
@Raeden
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She hadn’t expected this, and in some small way, it’s like a punch in the gut. One that flies awry from some fight totally unrelated to you. That wrong place, wrong time sort of thing. Lyanna doesn’t blame Glasgow. The mare is doing nothing wrong but following her heart, living her life as she felt she needed to. Every bad day that passed left Lyanna wondering what it might be like to call the Throat home instead. When she meets Glasgow’s eyes as the mare offers an apology, Lyanna only smiles reassuringly to her friend.

But it still feels like a punch to the gut. It feels like losing a piece of her heart. Because Glasgow was her true friend, one who understood her, one who Lyanna felt so comfortable being honest and herself with, all the time. But because of that bond, because of that open honestly, she understands that this too is Glasgow being honest. Hiding nothing. She needs to move on, and there is nothing wrong with that. It hurts, of course it does, but it’s the sort of hurt that could be stomached.

Lyanna let’s Alysanne speak first, though words rush to her tongue and get trapped behind closed lips. Alysanne reassures the scarred Glazier that there is nothing to apologize, a few less words that Lyanna now needs to say. When Alysanne finishes, Lyanna closes the distance to her friend, proffering her own nose to touch Glasgow’s neck should the mare allow her.

“I hope the Basin likes visitors,” she says with a playful little grin, making it clear that Glasgow has nothing to apologize for. She is entitled to live her life however she has to, but Lyanna wouldn’t be losing her as a friend anytime soon. Not if she could help it. The Basin is not terribly far, at least when you can fly.   “You can’t get rid of me that easily, you know.” She says it with a laugh, meant to be reassuring, to ease any remaining tensions.

Then, quieter, perhaps quietly enough only Glasgow hears, though certainly not intended to be kept from the other mares gathered, “You will be missed. But I hope you find happiness in the Basin.” Because she understands, deep down in those buried places of their pasts and the ghosts those leave behind.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Glasgow

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki