the Rift

[OPEN] our first date [clearing]

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
“Come on, Cookies-n-Cream! Let’s put your brains and my brawn to work.”

Unless he had a better offer, I figured I might as well work with someone who had already proven to have an appreciation for my sugar-sweet self. Not everyone in Helovia did, believe it or not!

There are bodies moving off in all sorts of directions but I don’t really want to walk further than I have to. It was already a huge trip for me to travel from the Basin to here after being asleep for most of the previous year. I had found that once I started getting momentum with my travels I couldn’t stop so here I am, further south than I really like, and not really looking to go anywhere else. After this whole business, I plan on heading straight back up north and maybe sleeping for another week or so.

Jellybean is excited though, she caught on to the whole ‘bring bones to me’ part that I happily pretended I didn’t hear. I guess the dog half of her liked bones or something? She half-slid, half-fell off of my back with a loud squeak as I began walking to the Area in Question - made obvious by the general dreariness and the fact that there were other clusters of horses hard at work all across the border. Once on her feet... paws whatever she has, Jellybean went racing off into the gross looking area and came back a moment later with some sort of bone gripped in her beak. She didn’t stop to say hello though, but rather went on to bring it to where it needed to go.

I look over, wondering if Mauja followed, and just generally try to delay the physical labour part that I am now required to take part in.
I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

SWP clearing thread!
@Mauja <3
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

"Mo ghrá!" Aisling's voice was strange, half a shout but strained like she was still trying to keep it quiet and avoid notice. She had rarely used such a tone in her life, and certainly never to address Johnny, but she called to him now.

On stout little legs she followed to where her minty mate had flitted to after Kisamoa's missive. Her whole demeanor a flurry of hushed panic as she worked to weave her way through the bodies that milled about, all beginning to do as the being had instructed. Another time, she might have wondered why he was flirting with a tall spotty unicorn stallion, but her delight in her ever-charming Johnny was no match for the shiver in spine of the worry blooming in her heart. 

She came alongside him abruptly, ignoring whoever it was he was talking too and pressing her side impatiently into his. "Johnny, I think we should go home. I...I don't think we should help this creature."

Her voice wavered on the word 'creature', wanting to give the bone collector another name. It was a name that had featured in more than one of the old tales that had made her tremble as a child, but surely it would have no effect on her mate. Johnny had never heard of it, surely, and even as the name sprang forth to her mind she couldn't really say why and so dared not speak it aloud. 

Cromm Crúaich.

---------

Translations
Mo ghrá - my love

Aisling
i know of witches who whistle at different pitches
calling things that don't have names
@Johnny
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
“My love!” My bright smile at seeing Aisling, at feeling her body pressed into mine, was vibrant and dashing but incredibly fleeting - it faded as soon as she spoke. Telling me that she thought we should go home, that we shouldn’t help the creature.

Her voice wavered and I realized that my dear sweet Aisling wasn’t being lazy (like me) she was frightened and this was a very serious matter. So she commanded absolutely all of my attention. I mean, of course! I may be ridiculous but when the love of your life comes up looking all uncomfortable you don’t just shrug it off like it is no big deal. It was a very big deal. So the first thing that came out of my mouth was a quiet but firm “Okay.”

If we’re being honest I would do anything that Aisling asked me to do - short of murder… and I guess a few other things but chances are she wouldn’t ask me to do that stuff anyway. I’m talking more private stuff. But anyway, if I’m willing to do those things with her, you can bet your gum drop bottom that I am willing to just pack up and leave with her if that was what she wanted. I wasn’t really all that interested in collecting bones anyway - nasty business - and as much as I’d like to chat with Mauja, this seemed like a more pressing matter.

I don’t really understand her fear because I don’t feel it myself but she’s always been the smarter one. I try to give her an encouraging smile and I nudge her neck softly with my pink muzzle. “Let’s go. I think Larue is around here somewhere too, let’s see if we can find her.”
I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

@Aisling <3
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts