LovellaTorendo
P
A
T
R
I
C
K

Just as soon as the boy turns to do the great sea-creature's bidding his trance seems to wear off. Now that his eyes are bright and alert again he begins to take obvious note of his surroundings. A flash of unnatural, mottled color passes the edge of his vision field and he turns so that his eyes might follow the familiar figure.

I am unsure about how exactly I got to be in this place or why. The need to gather bones, of all things, presses firmly on my mind though. It is a very odd demand but I do like to gather things and while bones are not my first choice well, it is something to do. If keeping the nasty things had been part of the order I might choose to be disobedient but it wasn't. So, "find and bring" this I can do and do well.

It seems I am not the only one in my family to effected by this compulsion. Perhaps I should follow Sis? No, she seems to be doing alright and it looks like she has a friend there. The red girl is someone I've seen back home so, she is probably safe enough. I'll leave her be...

And there goes Pop with yet another female. I wonder if this is more family I don't know about. Maybe I'll follow them and find out or, wait... what is that?

For a short time Patrick stood absently watching the others disperse and then he is suddenly moving at a steady, determined trot as if he has a very specific mission. Which, of course, he does. Upon reaching his destination he begins pushing leaves and twigs and things aside until a large bone becomes visible. It is much too awkwardly shaped for him to move it with the aid of his mouth. So he butts his nose under one side and starts rolling the thing end over end. After going along in this manner for a few lengths he stops and glowers down at his burden.

"Nope. No good."

Casting a thoughtful look about he heads back to the area filled with fallen brush. From there he starts collecting long sticks and dragging them back to line them up side by side near the troublesome bone. When he has enough to create a surface for the bone to "ride" on he stops again. This time his look is one of deeper uncertainty. It is all well and good to lay down sticks, but with what will he tie them together and with what will he pull that contraption? Apparently he is out of answers for he continues to stand in confused indecision looking wildly around for something that might suite this purpose.

Image Credit || TABLE BY SEVIN

Time: birdsong Y8, just after Kisamoa's call for assistance with bone collecting/cleaning
Patrick's Age in this thread: 7 months

OOC: Open to any! Pat is trying to build a sled for pulling bones on but he is having some trouble because he doesn't actually know how to make things like that...

Kolr Posts: 16
Outcast
Filly :: Equine :: 15hh ::
Odd

Kolr
In a world full of people, you can lose sight of it all
& the darkness inside you can make you feel so small

Kolr wasn't a fan of any of this. And yet despite all of her attempts to make herself fade into the background (which wasn't always easy when you were covered with brightly coloured paint-like markings), she also hated to be forgotten, and left out. It never surprised her that she was, and yet she was still bitterly angry at the world for forgetting her. For never waiting up. For forgetting that her hooves and knees were bent at terrible angles that made walking a minor annoyance and running almost impossible.

And so, as the group slowly dispersed after Kisamoa's instructions, Kolr was left all alone, swallowing hard, and looking around with wide, blue eyes.

Ahead, she could see the ivy-marked pattern of her twin as he padded confidently away. Her pale brows furrowed as she watched this, hesitating. She and Patrick were not close. She knew somehow that they should have been. That there was some unwritten rule about twins that insisted on some sort of twin-telepathy and a wonderful life together. And yet ... yet he had been born perfect, and she had just been born a poor facsimile of their beautiful mother; broken and poorly painted.

Kolr frowned and swallowed hard once again. She really should go after Patrick. He was her brother, her twin. She was allowed to follow him, and yet awkwardness and unease bloomed in her mind, making her hesitate. Yet as the number who remained grew smaller and smaller, indecision gradually gave way to tentative action, and the pale filly limped after her brother.

"Hey.." Kolr called shyly, in a voice which was pathetically quiet and lacking confidence entirely.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"If I go crazy then will you still,"

The stallion stands behind a tree and watches his foals wonder off to find their own places. He follows them for a bit his eyes on his daughter and her awkward slow gate. His heart clenches, as does Isabella's, while she struggles along. They both long to run to her side and walk with her, but Ilios knows this would only hurt her more. A father's job isn't easy especially when you have to put your children through heartache. If he ran to her side every time she was alone the filly would never learn how to be happy with herself. He glances at Isabella his pain reflected in her golden eyes.

He watches them silently as she speaks to Patrick in an almost nervous tone. He flinches visibly before putting a smile on his face and stepping out to greet them. Isabella races ahead to greet both of them her tail wagging excitedly. "Hey you two!" His smile grows brightly as the stud reaches to gently touch each of their sides. "You know what would make those sticks stay together Pat, vines!" Isabella catches the hint and races off to find some vines. He smiles at his son's ingenuity, even if he was stuck on one part of the contraption.

A couple moments later Isabella races back with a mouth full of carefully plucked vines. Carefully she lays them at the foals hooves. "How about you two weave the vines through the sticks while Isabella and I gather up some more bones?" He smiles feeling brilliant for his idea to have them both work on something they can do. Still smiling he turns from the to find more bones. 'Stay close to them please? Let me know if anything happens.' He smiles brighter, 'Always.' Continent that his babies would be watched he turns to the task at hand and gathers a mouth full of bones while sending prayers up to the God of Earth to watch over each fallen creature.

I L I O S
"Call me Superman?"
image credit

Tags/OOC;  @Isi @Patrick @Kolr
Words; 331
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Isi Posts: 17
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Adella :: Common Brown Dragon :: Fire Breath Avis
Isi
And Adella
. . .
I was feeling quite lonely as all the others gathered seemed to have someone they knew, friends or lovers drawn near at their sides. Of course, I always had Adella but there was something about the contact of my own species than rubbed me differently than my companion. She wasn't simply a friend, not just someone I met up with and conversed with; as my bonded, she felt all I did and saw everything my own gaze came across.

Yet it was but moments after I thought of Ilios that he pulled up along the masses, calling my name out. I almost missed it at first, the idea so outlandish that it just had to be a mistake--it wasn't, though, as I spotted him moving toward a pair of foals with eyes greeting me as ours met. A smile spread wide across my lips and Adella took a moment from gawking at the other dragons to wave her tail happily at the sight of him, pleased that someone we knew was here. His kindness to us in the threshold was still fresh, even though it had been seasons since the encounter. He wandered away from me yet I was still within earshot as he addressed the two kids (his kids?? the idea warmed me) and mentioned me joining him as well. My heart leap at the thought of someone including me, though no excitement was voiced aloud. Adella contentedly sat across my bag, eager to get her hands dirty and put herself to work.

I hung back with Ilios as we watched the foals meander in some other direction, one following the other. It wasn't really my place to insert opinions, so I instead wondered at the joy of having a child while my brown dragon tittered nervously at the concept. We both knew my own kid was a ways off, neither of us quite ready for such a handful.
When the hybrid boy finally made off, I trailed after him so he could fuss over them in peace. Watching his own companion dart off and bring back a bundle of vines, we understood the idea and I instructed Adella to help; having hands, of course, she would find the task of weaving things together quite easy. She would sit back and wait for instruction from the two children, curiously looking the other strange companion over.

I turned to take after Ilios, happy to be around someone I knew. "Fatherhood looks good on you." I smiled after him, stalling from taking my own mouthful of bones--the idea wasn't too pleasant.
... if my yesterday is a disgrace,
tell me that you still recall my name
/ image
[Image: kpEmnDB.png]
(please tag in every post)

Patrick Posts: 31
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.0 (wfg) :: 6 months
LovellaTorendo
P
A
T
R
I
C
K

The muddy coated boy, whose winter fluff is just beginning to shed away and reveal proper color, stands for awhile engaged in his seeking of an answer to the problem of loose sticks.   Of course, with the numbers currently milling about in response to Kisamoa's summons, even a young and unremarkable colt is not likely to go unnoticed for long.  Soon enough another small figure ambles towards him.  She pauses a short distance off to the side and offers a tentative greeting.  The wispy tones of the filly seem to register as little more than background noise to Patrick at first.  He grunts in acknowledgement but it is clear that this is a trained response for he does not pull his gaze away from the search for answers in his surroundings... at least not immediately.

Bones must be moved, but rolling them one by one will take forever.  Sticks are a fine base for a thing to move a collection of bones all at once but sticks alone will not be enough.  How to make the sticks "stick"...

I am finding nothing of use in my unfocused glances at the trees and bushes surrounding me.  I am seconds away from removing my pretty, pretty shiny necklace and using that to tie up at least one end when a sound interrupts me.  It is a small and fleeting sound, so small that I pay it little heed at first still intent on my problem.  It is just big enough to nag at me though and then, suddenly I realize it is nagging because it is familiar.

The boy looks up quickly, blinking in confusion. Then his ears flick forward as a look of recognition enters his blue eyes.

"Oh, Ko!"

That exclamation is filled with honest glee and he steps around his mess of a contraption offering his muzzle to his twin.

We are rarely seen together and standing here now we are so different that it is unlikely anyone would guess we are twins, or even siblings for that matter.  We do have one thing in common though, we both tend to be loners.  Of course, I am this way because I like to be.  For all I know she is just shy and doesn't actually like to be a loner.  In any case the not being seen together bit is not entirely intentional, it just sort of happens.  Maybe I should try and change that...

Oh, hey! I bet she can think of a way to make my bone-mover work.

With a sudden spark of enthusiasm Patrick points his muzzle at the bone and then the sticks.

"Look Ko, big bone, see?  Roll too slow, sticks maybe help but..."

Here he pauses, walks back to his sticks and kicks one to illustrate the problem.  Then he glances at his sister again head tilted hopefully to the side.

"Idea?"

At this point another, extended interruption descends on the pair.  This interruption comes first in the form of a wolf, then in the form of a father, then a dragon and then a stranger mare.  The boy peers down at the wagging canine...

"'lo Izzy!"

She is off again before he has even half finished that greeting though.  Ilios's voice claims the scene then and Patrick flinches guiltily.  Maybe he is anticipating punishment for being found away from home alone... again.  Still, he turns his face bravely to his father.

"'lo Pop."

All he finds there are smiles and encouraging suggestions though.  Then comes the dragon...

"Oooo... dragon, dragon, dragon! Look Ko, look!"

The earthy-brown form does not simply fly overhead and disappear as the boy may have been expecting.  Instead the fascinating, scaled, leather-winged creature spirals in and lands right between the two foals.  This leaves the colt gaping for maybe a whole minute before the lure of his project, for which he suddenly has more help then he could possibly have hoped for, grabs him again.

"Vines huh?  K, try."

He nods at the large winged stallion, casts a questioning glance at the two-toned mare behind him and is then distracted once more by the return of Isabella with a fine gathering of vines.

"Good Izzy! K, need paws now and... claws... and hooves and teeth."

The last three body parts are mentioned with a thoughtful look at both dragon and sister.  He grabs the end of one vine and flings his head to toss it towards Kolr.  Then he loosens the other end from the pile and drops it at his own feet.

"Ko... you, me, pull vine tight, put straight by sticks, hold down.  Dragon hook with claws, Izzy push with paws.  Vine over stick, under stick, over stick, under stick... then back other way, K?"

Apparently pleased with his plan, though it still leaves the question of how to tie everything together at the end, he reaches down to snatch his end of the vine in his teeth then waits to see if the others will take the suggested positions.

Image Credit || TABLE BY SEVIN

Kolr, Ilios

@Isi

Kolr Posts: 16
Outcast
Filly :: Equine :: 15hh ::
Odd

Kolr
In a world full of people, you can lose sight of it all
& the darkness inside you can make you feel so small

Patrick's jubiliant call towards her briefly brings a smile to her tiny, gray-pink muzzle. For a moment she thinks that perhaps she has just imaged her status as an outcast. She clearly can't be, for she has a brother. A twin. She never would need to be alone... right?

Her Father approaches, and while his presence should have calmed her nerves, in fact, it had the opposite effect. The pigeon-toed filly could feel her bones begin to shake and her knees knocked badly against one another as she turned her bright blue stare to regard her father with a silent solemn look.

Nibbling her lip, she ponders Patrick's query of how best to move the bones, but before she can formulate an answer, suddenly it seems he has a plan. Part of her wants to sulk; she had a plan too. A wonderfully brilliant plan (most likely, anyways), but she keeps her mouth closed and does as she is told.

Awkwardly, Kolr reached her head down gripping the vine with her teeth. She was going to be absolutely useless as any sort of anchor or puller, but it would have been mortifying to express her inabilities here, in public.

"mmmm." Kolr mumbled, nodding slightly (though uneasily) towards her twin indicating that she was as ready as she would ever be.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"If I go crazy then will you still,"

Ilios smiles brightly at Patrick's excited call. He still doesn't understand why the colt doesn't speak 'correctly', but it didn't matter. He was kind, curious, and excitable. His smile never faltered as he gazed down at his twins. But Klor seems scared of him, and when he speaks Patrick flinches. His heart twists sharply, he had never done anything wrong to his babies, beside not being around all the time. So he lowers his horned head to both of them in turn his eyes soft as he watches them. His heart begs them to love him at least half as much as he loved them. 'They love.' Isabella the beautiful soul that comforted him when he needed it most.

"Very good Patrick! That is Adella, and this is my friend Isi." He smiles and looks at the mare, wondering what she thinks of him with children. He turns back to his ever silent daughter. He needs to find a way to sooth whatever rift was between them. He had no idea why she quivered when he showed up. When they all turn to the task of the vines he watches for a moment before turning with Isi to hunt down more bones. 'Make sure you help Klor, ok? Be her rock if she needs you.' He knows she understands and smiles softly. Ilios then explains what Patrick said to do and she does just that.

Isi's words cause a hidden blush to run over his cheeks and his ears quiver slightly. "Thank you Isi, there isn't anything better in life." He cast her a shy smile before continuing, "It's been to long since we've met, I've missed you around here. You know my offer for a home still stands." He tossed her another look before turning back to the task at hand.

I L I O S
"Call me Superman?"
image credit

Tags/OOC;  @Isi @Patrick @Kolr
Words; 302