the Rift

[OPEN] with wonderful deathless ditties

Gawen Posts: 26
Outcast
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 6 Months
Atlas :: Royal Nine-tailed Kitsune :: None Brit

Gawen

You wake up every morning to face the same demons that left you so tired the night before. And that, my dear, is bravery.

Arah's stories had only comforted Gawen so much. The child was an intellectual at heart, and soaked up all the knowledge she could offer willingly. It was an adequate distraction, but lingering in the back of his mind was the image of his mother sliding towards the edge, fetching up against the tree that had inevitably saved her life. It wasn't an image that would leave his mind any time soon. Inevitably it would lead to nightmares, to an awareness of cruel reality that would never truly be shaken from his shoulders. But as soon as the noise of battle ceased and Arah's head lifted in even the slightest awareness of what was transpiring, Gawen excused himself hastily - ever careful to gaze at her soulfully and thank her - and went running off back towards the cliffs.

There's a sea of bodies, but none of them golden and blushed with pink. None of them familiar and comforting and home. He bleats for her like a lost lamb, whickering and whinnying quietly, pushing and sidling through familiar and unfamiliar bodies alike to find his mother. They may not always see eye to eye. He may fear he disappoints her more times than not, but all in all Gawen loves his mom. The thought of losing her, seeing her moments away from being lost to him forever, has shaken him down to roots he didn't know existed. He has to find her, he needs to make sure she's okay.

And then she's there, near Lyanna, who doesn't look so good either for some reason. Gawen hiccups, and the tears that had been kept at bay by Arah's stories and comforting touch suddenly swell and overwhelm. He flings himself at her, scarcely controlling his descent enough to prevent injuring her any further.

"Mo-o-oom," he sobs, wings coming forward like arms to bracket around her and squeeze her tight. He cries into her neck, messy and noisy and relieved. She's here, and alive. Maybe she's worse for wear, and blood still stains her normally beautifully pristine coat, but she's alive. That's all that matters to Gawen.

@Raeden post challenge!

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden
Baby I'm Bad News

Her body was hurting, but nothing mattered more than her son right now. Teal eyes flicked through the crowd and shifted searching for him. Tin, on the other hand, was dodging legs and ducking under bodies searching for the small boy. He could not be that hard to find right. The child was odd colored, and he had wings. That had to stand out somehow, but the deer could not find him.  Panic set Tin moved quicker and faster between the bodies. Raeden could feel the worry building up within Tin. Her heart sunk, stomach turned, and if horses could throw up, she would. Everything was a blur; some gathered around her others stayed in groups. No one was her son.

The child had witnessed so many cruel things. Gawen was too young, and he would not understand what happened. How could she explain this to him, what would sooth her distraught child. Emotions filled her mind, confusion, confliction, and anything else one could imagine. Then finally in the crowd and through the craziness her bleeding child came running towards her. He cried, and her heart yearned to tell him it is all over. Everything is done. His touch rushes her cold body like a wave of warmth. The ice that grew over her melted with that unique feel of her child's love. Raeden lowered her neck scooping her child close to her. She embraced him with all her love, passion, and heart. "Shhh it is all okay my love. I am okay Gawen; I am so sorry. Please, please calm down I promise it is all over." Honeywords coat her mouth and attempt to comfort the child, HER child.

Finally Tin comes back to Raeden and Gawen, he runs to the hugging pair. The deer huddles against the other side of the boy. They hug him and hold him as close as they could. Showering their love in all the ways that they knew how to. Gawen was safe, Raeden was safe, and tin was safe; they were a family again.  

OOC:: Im sorry I am a little off today, but I wanted to get this up for you!
image Credit

@Gawen