the Rift

[OPEN] Whims of the Sea. [bone gathering/SWP clearing]

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

There weren’t many who left the Rotunda and headed south, towards the Veins; at least not as many as there were meandering to the shore, or the nearby entangled parts of the forest.  Following a few other stallions in the direction of the shrines of the Four, the crafter allows his thoughts to drift back home, into the always warm memories of his new home. 

Though he had lived in the Edge for many years, and had loved the misty wood in a way that one appreciates anywhere that has done well by them, there was something much more satisfying about a home in which there was love. Daydreaming of Ranjiri and Letha filled him with an inner peace that he had never had, not even while toiling over his projects.  It was possible he had once felt this way as a child, without responsibility, freely galloping along the shore, beneath the racing shadows of the wild dragons, wheeling overhead, but those moments were many worries ago.  While he could remember the sea, and the scales of his friends, the sensation of oneness with the world that might have carried him is gone, devoured by the winds of time. 

Besides, he was not the same man in his heart as that child, the ignorant boy raised alone, in a world of tales, and plenty; he had grown to be much more just than that colt might have been, had he not arrived to Helovia, and found the winding paths which awaited him.  It was okay to not fully recalling what it was to be someone you were, if that someone was lesser than who you had become.

Arriving to the ever-warm peninsula of the Four, the painted stallion ambles towards a cluster of driftwood, brambles, and bone not yet attended by those few gathered.  Always the sort to seek out solitude, he sets to work without paying much mind to whomever passes, or leaves, or what goes on in the gatherings he is not a part of, though he does occasionally glance at them when he turns to tuck a bone or two into his pouches, to carry back to Kisamoa, later.

[ OOC: JIJI TIMEEEE.  Anyone else is welcome to watch them snuggle while they work like total vomit inducing love-dorks. ] 
@Ranjiri
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade
I had been to the Veins several times and usually coming and going I hardly ever saw anyone. I had found Cathun one time, which had blossomed into an awkward friendship, but it was one that I valued nonetheless. But the last time I had been to the Veins it was to try and save him from a certain, fiery death. I hadn't seen him since and I wondered if he'd taken what the God of Time had said to heart and actually was working on the quest he had been given. I certainly hoped so because I didn't feel much like dying because he dropped the ball. Not when I had Letha to care for.

Mara ran ahead of me, her body stout but distinctly feline. It was a form that was more common than most others that she chose to take on, and that was probably for my benefit. Her constant changing and shifting when she'd first hatched had been confusing. I figured that she had picked up on that confusion through our connection and hadn't cared much for it. But anyways, she ran ahead of me eager to explore and find out what we were going to see. She disappeared around a curve in the path and I lost sight of her, but I wasn't worried. We were near enough to the top where the shrines were that I knew she wouldn't get far.

Still, her sudden excitement was enough to make me curious, so I shifted into a trot so I could see what had made her excited. By the time I rounded the curve she'd already made her way onto Dragomir's back and was sitting on his rump waiting for me, a smug look on her furry face. "Drago." I hummed his name in greeting as I moved to his side. "What are you collecting?"

"."

@Dragomir @Letha (in case you want to post her here)

aud pixel!

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
"Mara!" booms Dragomir in greeting, the shape-shifting bonded of Ranjiri the only cat he knows that might approach him with such cheerful exuberance. Letting her clamor up his hind leg, and wincing only slightly at the touch of her claws, he doesn’t wait for her to settle into a comfortable position before he’s voicing his concerns, not just his happiness to see the peculiar creature. "Where’s Ranjiri?"

Looking out on the horizon, from where he’d been looking back at Mara, poised gracefully on his otherwise unremarkable rump. Seeing her quickly, he smiles in greeting as she approaches, his lips reaching out to touch her lightly on her neck and whither, as she came to stand next to him. He notices, almost immediately, that Letha is not with him, and wonders where she might be… but doesn’t ask, assuming her to be safely at home, with some sitter or another.

"Jiji," he happily replies, exhaling into her skin before looking back at the branches ensnared around what should be otherwise unremarkable stones. Among them, tiny bodies, of fish, birds, and mammals, remain, white and bleached. He gestures to those, because, while they had been told by Kisamoa to remove all the debris, as well, they had mostly been asked to collect the bones. Dragomir assumed, unlike many who’d arrived, that it was to bury them, or otherwise properly honor the living.

He also had not seen some of the things that the wary had, either, like a being comprised entirely of bones, tempting Helovians with its magic. Perhaps he was naïve, but it was comfortable to be so; dreading what might become of the little skeletal figures and remnants once he delivered them would, quite simply, ruin his whole day, being the sort to grow overly anxious for no reason.

Besides, he likes Kisamoa, though he does not know why.

"I’m collecting bones, though definitely not for myself. Kisamoa is going to cleanse the marsh soon, I guess," explains the stallion, breaking away a large snaring of vine and brush, and dragging it to the side, before he continues, "those who met him were asked to clear the debris clogging the surrounding areas, and to return any bones we found to him."

@Ranjiri
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3