the Rift

I Got A Heavy Soul

Calyndar Posts: 2
Unclaimed
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.0 :: 7
Rennix
CALYNDAR If I had a heart I could love you If I had a voice I would sing After the night when I wake up I'll  see  what  tomorrow brings
The scarred and battle-worn boy walked silently.  If one were to ask how long he had been doing so, none, not even himself, would be able to say.  Perhaps several months?  A year?  It hardly mattered of course.  Little mattered now a days.

As saddening a thought as it is, it's the truth.

A rustle of leaves to the left, a little thing others would dismiss, had the boy pivoting and turning the gaze of his single seeing eye in the direction of the noise.  A hassle it was to do so, it was the only option he had as his left eye had become dead and unseeing to the world nigh on close to a year and a half ago.  Such a new thing meant there was still some uncertainty when it came to trusting his other senses.

My boy knew he was more than likely one of the scariest looking things here, but he still wasn't a fool.

Seeing as well as he could that there was no immediate danger, he returned to his previous position and began walking again.

The calm and lively forest he found himself in now was almost a blessing.  Sun poking through the branches and making his black coat pleasantly warm.  He had only ever known dark and lifeless woods, something he found unpleasant now.  It seemed that memories associated with such places would forever haunt him, so he would enjoy this reprieve while he had the chance.  His quiet mind did bring up a question though: where was he?

A concentrated look appeared on his face as he tried to piece the puzzle that was his life together.  He doesn't remember much.  Only her beautiful white coat and their little foal before he looked away and then... nothing.  They were gone before he knew it.

He came to a slow stop as his mind wandered off again, and how my boy's mind did this more often than naught, before turning his head to the right to look behind him with his eye.

He could go back; turn his old ass around and head on back from where he came.  Perhaps she was meant to wander away though.  A monster with as much blood on him as my boy saw himself undeserving of anything close to angelic.

Mind decided and focused once more, he turned forward and continued onward.  Walking was the best choice as far as he could tell.  No where left to go and knowing that none would want to associate themselves with a stallion that once killed for a living and looked as he did.  His appearance hardly mattered. He had made peace with his looks a long time ago, he was never a beautiful boy to begin with.

Loneliness was something else all together though.

A bone rattling sigh came from him as he continued on, shaking his matted mane; a bur had been bothering the boy for quite some time.  His mind began the endless cycle of wandering again, another question making itself known: perhaps this walking was punishment?

Calyndar knew he deserved far worse.
pinn @ THQ

note: open to anyone c:
[Image: 25pixelbases_by_bronzehalo_d97wlc5.png]

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

The Songbird avoided mulling over grief, over loss, over melancholy by throwing herself into a mixture of movement and arias – trying hard not to let laments slip from her lips – drowning out the sorrow by infusing it with motion and color. Her earthen, elemental grace wove a tender refinement through the valleys of melting snow and disappearing rime, gliding past argent sentries without tangible sight, past the terrain of awakening blossoms, past the chilling winds, past the grinding notion of nothingness, wrenching all of her despair into hope – into something serene, noteworthy, and necessary. Her limbs were poised and aloft, her dreams were rendered into more realistic things, and her body was attuned to the gradual release of winter, escaping into the spring air with a heart-felt warmth and an opulent glow (even if she didn’t feel it seeping into her skin, even if the sun didn’t kiss the fabric of her pelt, didn’t stroke the highlight of her scars). Lena knew what she was doing, was fully aware of thrusting herself back into old habits, where she tried to forget, tried to disappear, tried to picture anything but the thoughts that haunted, chased, and demanded every single snippet of the day. Perhaps there was another way to cope (to cry, to scream watery dirges back along the tomb, to weep until there was nothing left inside of her), but she’d been serenaded by these skills for far too long to back away into anything more simplistic or desirable. So while her herd waned, while it slowed to a screeching halt, while it yielded naught but an overwhelming sensation of demise, she wandered straight for the Threshold and its wide-open gates. At least it would be a useful distraction.

She wasn’t deterred the least by mysteries, by enigmas, by the sway of the unknown; she was tempted, enticed, and beguiled by the notion of new faces, new hopes, new dreams, foundlings coming from another land, another world, another empire, fervent, eager, and ready to become apart of something worthwhile. The diversion was worthwhile, an imminent tap into the dusk and void of other realms, because they needed to grow, they needed to overcome the heavy, looming weight pressing down over all of them, slipping over their necks, and tying along their throats – she refused to be knotted and gnarled, praying for salvation but proffering nothing in return. The Mender turned, glimpsed behind trees, followed over wayfaring scents, and paid little mind to the inner reeling of what truly consumed her. Imogen chirped along her forelegs, running beside her as they entered the grounds, shifting her foxy eyes over the fortifications, to chance the sighting of a stranger needing to be led further into Helovia. The kitsune gave one more spark through their connection when she heard something sigh from beyond – ears twitching, then following the movements and sounds. Lena drew behind, studying for forms beyond the trees and limbs, looking between petals and fir, needles and thorns, and only when she’d peered directly into shadow, did she realize, recognize, the sable stallion standing amidst the eaves and pine. “Hello!” She yielded, in a kind, considerate, compassionate voice, sprinkled with melody, forgoing any distinct sadness hastening to her brow. Her movements came a few yards before him, picking over fallen brush like she’d belonged within the narrowed lanes and pebbled roads instead of back towards the north, along the mountains and caverns.

A brush of examination came over her, swift and sure, molded by an amiable smile and a softening of her eyes, casting over his frame with subtle strokes and incandescent sentiments. He was scarred, like much of them, but the possibilities of how he obtained such markings were endless – from war, from feuds, from others who deigned him unfit, from the cruelties of the world. Her head tilted, mane tasseled, forelock long and extended between her honeyed gaze, and she offered the grandest of strains again. “I’m Lena. Welcome to Helovia.” Then she paused, looking over the depths of his eyes, the claw-marks sunken over one of the sockets, and showed curiosity instead of fear, compassion instead of immorality. Her words began a snippet later all over again, still radiant, still dipped in satin and silk. “Who are you?”

Lena
where there is love, there is life.

image by safetylast @ flickr.com

@Calyndar

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.

It had been seasons since the girl had gone to the threshold, but today was different. Raeden crept in the shadows of the lands making her way to the place of new hope and dreams. Maybe this is what she needed after the challenge
Just to get away
Cream hooves trodden lightly over the mud and muck of birdsong. Tin was next to the woman jumping and skipping happily over the puddles and others things that cross his path. Elegant antlers rose above the bush so Raeden could see where the little creature was going. Then the deer halted in his tracks. She could feel his green eyes widen and then narrow upon something. Raeden furrowed her brow as cream hooves came to a halt. great what did you find Tin? The companion just edged her to move closer and see. So with that being said the pale woman did so.

Finally she stood next to her bonded. Tin cloaked the pair into the forest, hiding them from any wondering eyes. A man stood there, conflicted and confused. He was towering much larger than Raeden. His mane was unkempt, and his tail was a tangled lock of black spider webs. A slight huff fell from her maw as he soon resolved his conflict and pushed further into the threshold. Maybe he needed a home to call his own? Conflict brewed in her pointed skull, but she eventually decided she should help the man. A cream hoof stepped from the brush, and she revealed herself from the shadows. A ray of sun glimmered across her golden pelt in the darkness of shadows. Long milk colored strands hung around her neck with a soft bounce of untangled tresses. Her tail kissed the earth her hooves walked on, and she came to a halt in front of the newcomer.

Teal eyes glittered with silver flecks as she looked up to him. Clearly, the beast had severe damage to his eye, and he seems war ridden. His pelt intertwined with bare spots, and his coat was ebony like the night sky. Despite the appearance of the demon, the angel smiles softly. Her honey skull quickly looked to see another mare arrive. It was Lena from the basin. Her smile looked towards the bay unicorn and dipped her opalescent. crown. Hello Lena! I hope all has been well for you and the Basin. It has been a long time since we have seen eachother She finishes her sweet words before looking to the man. I am Raeden of World's Edge, and this is Tin my companion Bright teal eyes looked up towards the man. Tin moved from the shadows excited to see Imogen. Small hooves walked towards the little fox-like creature, and he lowered his antlered crown in a greeting. Do you need help finding anyone, or anything? I am sure between Lena and me, someone would be able to help you. Her bright voice rung in the air with sweet tones and a sweeter smile.

words

Image Credits

@Lena @Calyndar

Calyndar Posts: 2
Unclaimed
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.0 :: 7
Rennix
CALYNDAR If I had a heart I could love you If I had a voice I would sing After the night when I wake up I'll  see  what  tomorrow brings
A wandering mind held back little in the ways of illusions, so when the distant cry of an Hello ringed out around him, the boy all but ignored it.  Of course, when some little movement was snared in his sight behind him, he halted his steps.

Having only a single eye to see from was something he only saw as a disadvantage, especially when in territory he knew nothing of.  It also meant having to pivot around more than necessary to get the approaching newcomer fully in his sight, his entire right flank towards them as the individual came closer.

A mare, who had yet to speak, her tangle-free mane and tail the color of milk and coat almost ghostly as a horn rose from her.  Had the hello he thought a figment of his mind come from her?  The silent and beautiful mare, for my boy would not deny the lady her looks, smiled.  The boy could not help but grow wary at that and pressed his ears against his head in suspicion.

With his attention on her this is perhaps why he did not realize another had approached.  His head turned to allow his sterling eye to set upon another as he took a thoughtful step away from the two to allow himself a better view.  A new mare, same as the one before, her head crowned with another spiraled horn.  Threats they did not portray themselves to be, but Calyndar had learned better than to let appearances decide for him.

The companions of the ladies kept his attention for a moment as his mind began to wander back to the hell hounds he once considered friends.  A sharp blink and his mind returned to the present.

He kept silent as the ladies, Lena and Raeden it seemed, stood there still.  Both spoke as if their voices were made of cream and honey, and it seemed they knew one another?  At least Raeden had spoken as if they did.

This situation was almost overwhelming, honestly.  My boy had spent so long walking on his own he knew little of what he should do.  Maybe fate kept pulling him from those he had considered his for a specific reason after all.  My boy would still be respectful to the two ladies, for even though he was a monster in looks, his words had a different opinion.

Voice of gravel, he spoke.  Calyndar.  Calyndar is my name.  He said towards the bay mare, studying the pair of unicorns as best he could with them at such vicinity to him.  Perhaps, if he was civil enough, he would be able to be on his way, burdening the two darling ladies was not something he wished upon them.  

Thank you too,  voice laced with disuse and expression blank, as his head turned towards Raeden,  but I am not looking for anyone.  He was too far to find the one he did want to find.  I do appreciate your offer of course, and also appreciate you, Lena, for telling me the name of here.  I had not known where it was I walked.  Another step was taken away from them without him really knowing he did so.  An apology too, for I did not mean to take what little time I have taken from the both of you.  I was merely.. wandering, and I can see little to no help that either of you could give me with such a thing.  Voice still rough and deep, he knew not what else he could say.  For help was something he received few and far in between, and he was sure that what little help they could give would easily be destroyed by himself alone.

Better things the ladies could be doing than offering this boy help.  He felt that he was beyond any help anymore anyway.
pinn @ THQ
[Image: 25pixelbases_by_bronzehalo_d97wlc5.png]

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

The fey was content she’d chosen to wander into the Threshold’s mist and midst today; the locked pathways and yielding gates always had a sense of diversion, a hold of curiosity, a state of inquisition and diversion that led her away from all the strife of midday or the haunting hours of the evening. Before she even had an opportunity to delve further into correspondence with the stranger robed in black, a familiar figure approached (one she was forever indebted and grateful to for the simple act of returning an object close to her heart; serving as another reminder, another beacon, of things that were still beautiful in this world). The Songbird yielded a full, bright, brilliant smile in return, entangled in blossoms and radiance, in beneficence and grandeur, a sense of repose, tranquility, and serenity curled through her features. “Raeden, how wonderful to see you!” She meant it, from the bottom of her blessed heart, tilting her head to study the mare for a moment, perusing, not noticing if anything had been altered in their time spent away from one another. “We’re fine,” the femme mustered thereafter, half a lie bidden between her teeth, because she didn’t want to admit to the rest of the realms that their Lord had fallen, perished, died on the banks of the unfreezing lake, and they were all still, all silent, all vigilant and waiting for a noose to slink over their throats. “I trust you’re well?” She proffered one last inquiry for the dusty-rosed hued femme, all passion and posies, before returning her focus back upon the newcomer, who’d offered his name at her request.

Calyndar, he’d said through rubble and stone, and she watched him carefully through the honeysuckle depth of her eyes as he maneuvered in various directions, perhaps making up for the ivory, scarred orb. She wondered how she could aid him without giving herself away, and attempted to take up a stance where his unblemished beacon could view her, them, without complaint or issue – then she simply listened. It was a task she was fond and familiar with, ears attuned and pricked, mind whirling at the sensation of voice and sound, of the convictions laced between determination and hopelessness, at apologies for time taken. Here she shook her head, the grin never faltering, still steady, stalwart, and kind, a hint of valor rising through her chest and along her throat, like dulcet, sweetened dove-tails, airy and light, trying not to press where they weren’t wanted, but still encouraging, still unrelenting. Maybe that was the source of her power, of her potency (that pervading tenacity where others gave in, faltered and stumbled, where she rose from her trials and tribulations and banked purpose along her tongue). “No apologies necessary. We’re here to help.” She indulged Raeden with a wink, a smile, and slid her gaze back to the sable stag. “Where do you wish to wander? Do you long to be by yourself? Or amongst a herd?” Imogen waved her tails as she watched the beast – but Lena had just gotten started, parting her lips again and again to indulge him in the riches of their world. “I come from the Aurora Basin, towards the north,” and she nodded against the horizon, where the mountains lingered just out of reach, tall and strong despite all of their agonies. “There are three others, including the Dragon’s Throat, Hidden Falls, and the World’s Edge,” then she glanced at the other mare again, because she’d been able to grant details of some lands the Mender could not (except from other seasons, days she’d spent in war, in prison, or begging for the release of her comrades). Perhaps something would pique his interest, and they could provide the aid he required (or ignored – it was difficult to tell what he intended, other than disappearing into the void, not wishing to be of any trouble); the only worry in the back of her mind was the possibility that he would wander into hostility, into acrimony, into the abyss, and there’d be naught left of him thereafter.

Lena
where there is love, there is life.

image by safetylast @ flickr.com

@Calyndar @Raeden

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.

Lena filled the air with kindness and sugar filled words. Her face was a relief to Raeden's built up anxiety. She could feel the beast fly from her heart like ravens in the sky. A smile of genuine sweetness filled her honey colored skull. I really must visit you next time I make my way to the Basin. I am glad you have been well, and I have been... well fair. There are just some issues that need buffing, but that is another talk for a different day. Her smile falters and flickers like a specter trying to appear. Raeden had to smile past it, now was not the time to talk about herd issues in front of the newcomer. As she finished, the pale woman turned her attention to the man along with Lena.

He answered the question with a deep voice grumbling in Raeden's ears. Dipping her skull lightly with the greeting, she waited to see what Lean would say about the man called Calyndar. He told the women that he was not looking for anyone, but was that really true? Now is not the time to judge Tin intermingled into her mind. She looked at the deer with a smile while she shook her skull. Clearly, the man was not native here because he did not know the name of the land. Helovia, she wanted to say welcome to what you think is heaven, but is really hell. Her tongue remained silent listening to the man speak. He apologized fro taking her time. Oh, the mare wanted to laugh, if she did not want to give their time to strangers, she would not be here. A smile graced her face instead as Lena explained that he should not apologize. Calyndar, you are not taking any time away from me. Please do not feel like a bother. You will be surprised wondering around here can get you lost, like a lamb in the dark forest full of wolves. I do not wish to scare you, but Helovia can be a little rough around the edges. She chuckled as Lena continued about the herds.

Teal orbs turned to the woman after watching the man take a step back. Her composure remained still listening. The herds were all so different and wonderful in so many ways. World's Edge is to the West. It is filled with larger than life trees, and it boarders a large cliff. Mist hangs over the land, but I have found the place to be my home. The Basin is incredible as well, if you enjoy the cold weather. A chuckle rang out looking to Lena with a smile. Dragons Throat can get pretty warm, and is like a desert . Hidden Falls is a tropical place filled with waterfalls. That is all I know about those herds. Raeden went silent for a moment before speaking again. I would be happy to lead the way if you wish to come to Edge, but if you would like to be alone that is fine as well. Sometimes it is best just to wander solely, then find a herd whenever you are ready. It is all your choice. Silver flecks moved to the man then back to Lena curious what he will choose to do.

words

Image Credits

@Lena @Calyndar