the Rift

[OPEN] Does This Place Give You Anxiety? (WELCOME)

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

RAEDEN & TIN
Didn't you know that Poision is always Pretty?

It was a long slow trip. The pale golden mare made sure that her mud-drenched hooves remained at a pace that the injured girl could keep up. Milk tresses floated atop of the earth like perfect steamed milk on a cappuccino. Soft strands whispered in the breeze that started to hug and warm the pair. Tin scurried next to the pale woman's side. Cloven hooves shuffled and thankfully did not have to move too quickly to keep up with his bonded. The journey was by far not a very easy one. Raeden had to carefully plan out what route they would take to ensure the injured woman would be able to make it. Muscles lightly dampened with sweat, and teal eyes started picking up on signs that they were close to Edge. Smiling teal orbs looked to Tin then back in front of them "The trip was not an easy one, but we are almost there." Sweet tones rang out to the mare. Raeden glimpsed over to the girl for a brief moment."There are many rank's within the herd. Our King is Tembovu, and our Queen is Alysanne. Mauja is the emissary. Those three hold the highest rank, and they make the decisions for the herd's well-being. I figured you might want a little information about the herd before we got there." Again her shoulders shrugged slightly, and her hooves pushed forward.

Finally the mare came to the thick mist filled forest, and her hooves went to a complete halt. At her feet were shards of glass that still scattered the ground. They made it to the border of World's Edge. Teal orbs looked beyond the boundary and into her home. Then her gaze fell back to the Nitika wondering what she thought of everything. Tin went skipping off into Edge to find a Moon Doctor. "Tin knows who to look for. How are you feeling? We must wait here. If you wish to stay, you may enter the lands after someone accepts you into it. If you do not want to stay it is up to the Ranked member if you can stay here overnight. It is all your choice." A sigh fell from her maw waiting to see who would show up and greet the pair."So Nitika where are you from? I hope Helovia gives you everything you are looking for." Hopefully her efforts would pay off, and the mare would remain in the herd. 

"talk talk talk"

OOC:: I go to the end of my post and hit the space bar one time then type @Name with no spaces. sometimes it works other times it doesn't. But I am tagging healers!! 

table code by tamme

@Nitika @Lyanna @Tilney @Alysanne

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
Lately, she is not hard to find. With the roof on the greenhouse completed, Lyanna has taken to working the soil. When she is gone, it’s in search of herbs she could dig up and bring back to plant. When Frostfall rolled around again, she wanted the greenhouse to be well stocked. She’d traveled south a lot, finding plants that would grow in the winter so long as they were warm. Which, hopefully, the greenhouse would provide if it worked as it should.

Today, she’s tilling the soil, a small pile of herbs and roots at her feet. Slowly, she begins digging a hole, scraping at the ground with her hooves. A little trowel would be nice, she thinks. Certainly, it would make planting faster, would allow her to spend half as much time in this place. Though she also likes the excuse to linger in the greenhouse. It is her job to be here, but it gives her space to herself. Something she takes too much of, spending less and less time mingling in the herd.

It hurt, pretending like she belonged. So she just stopped pretending.

The Cerndyr is familiar, she smiles at Tin when he finds her though she’s quick to stop planting and follow him quickly. Her immediate assumption is something has happened to Raeden, and she bolts through the forest as quickly as she can manage. Soon though, the familiar golden mare comes into view, and she seems unharmed. A sign of relief escapes Lyanna before she turns her attention to the stranger at Raeden’s side.

She gives Raeden a nod, but her attention stays on the stranger. “I’m Lyanna, one of the Moon Doctors in the Edge. May I help you?” It’s obvious this mare is the reason Tin came to find her, the cuts along her skin obvious. “And can you tell me what hurts?” She could, of course, see the cuts. But she needed to know if there was anything internal that she could not see. It always helped her target the magic.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Raeden @Nitika
Nitika, if you prefer I wait till after you post, just let me know and I can edit! But I had some time and wanted to make sure Lyanna was around to help :)

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Nitika Posts: 17
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 4 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Lizzy
For the majority of the journey, Nitika stayed pretty quiet, only offering one or two-word responded to any of Raeden's questions. On occasion, it was more than one or two words, but only when absolutely necessary. Other than that, she was silent as a newborn foal.

Truth be told, it wasn't just Nitika's natural way of being quiet that kept her muzzle shut. During the trip, she'd begun feeling a stinging pain in her ribcage, like a sharp rock was poking her in the side each time she moved her right leg. It didn't hurt her severely enough to dampen her walking pace, but it did hurt was the point. She worried that it might turn into something worse if she wasn't careful. So, if Raeden tried to pick up the pace, Nitika did her best to keep up, doing nothing more than a trot until even then she couldn't take it anymore. Then she'd just spout a lie that her legs were sore and hope Raeden bought it.

By the time the two mares and the stag finally reached their destination, Nitika's neck was lathered in sweat, for this journey had been just as taxing on her. A glance up told her the palomino was just as tired, if the sweat on her body didn't provide enough of a clue. Nitika suddenly felt a little guilty for making the mare take this journey, but then remember that she lived here anyway; she would've had to come back here sooner or later.

After the stag - Tin, she remember his name from their journey - raced off to find whoever Raeden knew could help, the palomino explained to Nitika the ins and out of the herd that lived here. Raeden then asked how Nitika was feeling.

"I'm fine. Sore, but alive and breathing, so that's something," the mare pointed out. Nitika wasn't trying to be sarcastic, sometimes her words just came out that way.

Raeden explained some more things about the herd land, including that a Ranked member - whatever that meant - had to approve of Nitika's residence, or at least allow her to stay the night. For some reason, the medicine hat mare was intrigued by this. If the horses here were so closely guarding their home and their herd, could it be a safer place then what she was used to? Or rather, what she remembered she was used to?

Maybe... maybe she could stay here... if the others seemed nice that is...

Raeden asked where she was from. Nitika shrugged again, hiding the sadness in her voice, "Like I mentioned before, I can't remember a lot, including where I came from it seems."

She didn't wish to say more; luckily, before Raeden could have the chance to ask anything else, Tin came racing back, a black mare who looked to be around Nitika's age, if not slightly older, in tow. Her hooves were a tan in color, which really off-set from her dark coat. Everything appeared normal, outside of the accents of teal across her mane and - wait a second, were those-?!

Nitika did a double take, blinking her eyes a few times to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. What she saw was indeed there, and not an illusion - the black mare had wings on her back! They appeared to have feathering like a birds, and looked soft, but how was Nitika to know? This was definitely something new to her - or was it? Had she ever met a winged horse before, where she came from? She honestly didn't know anymore, and she wasn't sure if she was more shocked by the winged mare or the fact that she somehow knew what this mare's species was called.

Pegasus...

An aura of friendliness radiated from the black mare, but Nitika remained on edge. Her brown eyes watched the mare carefully, seeing her give Raeden a nod before asking Nitika herself if anything hurt, after she introduced herself.

Nitika balked for a moment, unsure of what to say. Finally, when the gears in her brain started turning again, she offered a quick response, "My ribs... near my right elbow..." she tells her, motioning to the spot of pain with her white muzzle.

@Raeden @Lyanna

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

RAEDEN & TIN
Didn't you know that Poision is always Pretty?

Listening to the quiet girl her head nodded slightly. Nitika seemed to take in all the information that she spoke to her, even though she was pretty quiet. Raeden Wartched as Tin was no longer in her sight. He was a great compaion to have at her side, even if he was onhery. Tin leapt through the bushes and thick fog of Edge. He knew who he was looking for. The Moon Doctor that he was most fond of was in the Green House. Green eyes looked to the woman the was planting and she followed without hesitation. It comforted the deer knowing that she would so eagerly follow him to his bonded. Finally when he jumped from the bush, Lyanna came to a halt infornt of Raeden and their new friend. His gaze went to the girl who was hurt then to the Moon Doctor. "Lyanna will take good care of you. She is wonderful at her job, I think she is the best. Everyone has their own oppinions though. " She smiled softly as the moon doctor asked what was wrong. Nitika was eager to answer.

Silver flairs watched as the girl pointed to her elbow area. She was glad that the equine would allow Lyanna to heal her. Once the girl was done speaking her honey words flowed from her maw again."I offered to heal her until we got here, but she braved through the pain with out my help. " Light chuckles came from her maw as she looked over to Tin. The Cerndry watched closly to see if the mare would feel reliefe and want to stay in their little home.

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

@Lyanna

Kyra
Was she that obvious? Raeden’s words bring a smile to Lyanna’s face, a soft friendly glance offered to the golden mare. She probably really was that obvious. So much of didn’t have to do with being the best though. Not really. She didn’t care if Tilney or Eva or her came to the aid of other herd members – only that someone came to help – but rather, she just didn’t quite feel like she belonged. There was something stopping her, some part of her heart that couldn’t get past who she was and into who she’s become. Not entirely, anyway.

Because she knows she has friends here. Raeden’s words are warm and genuine. Alysanne has been nothing but a good friend and mentor. Glas – and there’s a pang in her heart at the thought of their once Glazier – knew Lyanna’s story better than anyone else. And Gawen, precious, wonderful Gawen who warmed Lyanna’s heart no matter how she was feeling. She had all of them, and more. Yael now, who seemed to be fitting in well.

What made her feel so out of place? She didn’t know, and she hated it.

Lyanna nods as Nitika points to her injuries, smiling a bit at Raeden’s other comment. “That is no easy walk, either,” she says, her tone still warm but slightly distracted as she summons the familiar dark mist. There is something ominous at such dark healing magic, but she’s grown accustomed to the way the mist rolls in on the wind. It is strange to have light magic that appears so dark, but the touch of it is soothing and soft as the mist gathers itself around Nitika. Much of the mist concentrates on the ribs, where Nitika had pointed, but it spreads along her body, knitting together the cuts and easing the bruises.

Lyanna lets some of the mist drift to Raeden, offering some relief and energy, as both mares look tired from the long journey. Soon, the mists roll away, and Lyanna keeps her gaze focused on Nitika. “How do you feel now? It might not be perfect, so take it easy, but it should be largely better.”

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Nitika

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

Nitika Posts: 17
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 4 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Lizzy
"Not like it was hard. It doesn't hurt that bad anyway," Nitika told the palomino mare, disguising the sudden twinge of pain with a grimaced smile. It was quite obvious she was trying to hide it, but the mare was careful about being so open with her pain. She didn't want others to know if she was weak so that such knowledge could potentially be used against her.

Then again, if she believed that, then why was she all right with letting the mare heal her? Why wasn't she that cautious about the dark mare's 'abilities'? Why did she feel that it was okay to - dare she say it - trust her? Something in the aura the mare gave off just put Nitika at ease. The medicine hat mare was a bit too eager to embrace such a feeling; it had been a very long time since she'd last felt safe.

The dark mare, Lyanna, took a moment to offer Nitika a somewhat compliment, she figured, for making the walk here to the World's Edge in her condition. Ignoring the pride building up, Nitika's ears instead went forward as the dark mare seemed to wrap herself in focus for a moment, summoning what looked like dark fog.

Niitka took a small step back, slightly wary. What sort of power was this? Even if she'd never seen anything like it before, Lyanna had said she could heal the paint mare. What sort of goodness came from darkness, or dark mist, in this case? Healing and good were associated with light; should Nitika trust it?

All she knew for sure was that if she didn't try, her broken or cracked or whatever rib might get worse. Fighting against every instinct telling her to run, Nitika's brown eyes watched the dark mist as it rolled over her wounds, everything from the small cuts from the bushes in the forest to the ache in her ribcage. A few moments of silence passed as Nitika's wounds healed before Lyanna took her power back.

Stretching out a little, still feeling a bit achy in some areas, the mare moved her limbs and neck to get a feel of her condition. She did seem better, which was good. A bit sore, but nothing that wouldn't heal within a few days time, or hopefully by tomorrow Nitika hoped.

When Lyanna questioned her, Nitika's brown eyes met those of the dark mare, "Better. Still sore, but I'll be fine in a day or two now." Swallowing her pride and unwillingness to trust, the paint mare bowed her head, even going down on her leg a little, "T... thank you, for healing me. I am in your debt." She said this with a hint of grimace, for Nitika hated owing others a debt. Even if they said it was no trouble, Nitika's own pride forced her to repay such debts, no matter what the cost was.

The medicine hat mare then spoke to both of the World's Edge residents, "So... h-how many of you live here? With a piece of land this large surely there are many?" she inquired.

@Lyanna @Raeden

Kyra
She understands hiding pain, though her pain is not physical. But how can she simply explain to all of them what brought her here? There are a few she knows, trust enough to tell. But the rest? Perhaps it is not trust, but simply the desire to keep the pitying stares away. It’s easier if they don’t know. Easier to pretend she came here because she wanted to, as Alysanne did, and not because she had no other choice.

There were other lands she could have run to, certainly, but Helovia was far from her homeland and the name meant nothing here. Besides, the horses were often more extravagant then her, and it made it easy to hide the teal markings among the heavily colored horses of Helovia. Where once the teal was a marker of her status, it had become commonplace. Mundane even. Which was exactly what she needed.

She feels safe in Helovia. It is still a slow process to make it home. Not because the residents of the Edge had made her feel anything but welcome, but simply for her own reasons. She’d never wanted to leave Morham. She could not stop longing for it.

Though she thought of home as the Edge now. She thought of her family as no one – Gawen, in a sense. Ru, in a way. But mostly, she had no family anymore, and she’s growing us to the thought even though it never stops hurting. But she has new friends, certainly. Raeden for one, who stands with them. Ru and Aly and Glasgow. She was not alone, even though sometimes it was easy to forget that fact.

As the dark mists roll away, Lyanna adds, “I’m not sure how much you know of Helovia, or what Raeden has told you, so forgive me if I’m repeating. The Edge’s patron god in the Moon Goddess. Hense the rather dark healing magic." The mare thanks her, saying she’s in Lyanna’s debt. Lyanna smiles warmly, shaking her head and tossing her tri-colored mane around a bit as she does. “Not at all. I’m happy to help. Besides, it is also technically my job here.” She says it with a grin that makes it obvious she’s not just here because it’s her job, but because she wants to be. Healing is one thing she can do, and purpose gives her a reason to move past the ghosts.

“Many indeed,” she says, agreeing. “I don’t even know how many, in truth. If you stick around, next time we have a herd meeting you’ll get a sense for how many though.  Would you like to come in and look around?” she offers, stepping aside to let the mare into the Edge. Raeden, of course, didn’t need Lyanna to step aside, but still, she didn’t want to be straight in the way of either mare.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Raeden
@Nitika
I'm so sorry for the wait!! Life's been a little crazy

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki