the Rift

none of us were angels

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki
vesper
It takes a moment for me to realize just why it is that the Edge is so empty. Ultimately it is Everly that calls my attention to the fact that a meeting is in progress and that I’m missing it.  The zephyr circles ahead, directing me towards the gathering as I do my best to gather my thoughts.  I hadn’t thought too much about the prospect of herd politics and the like, but I suppose since the Edge was going to be a more permanent home than the Basin, I should start doing more to learn about the ranks and the politics and the like.  However, the very thought brings up a twinge of discomfort because it leads my thoughts back to Mama.  Her duties to her own herd have called her away from home for so long now.  Are there roles like that here too?  Roles that would take me away? Or Papa? 

I swallowed heavily as Everly gave a reassuring chirp from above.  I slowed as I could make out voices, and the meeting was already in progress by the time I’d arrived.  I was somewhat overwhelmed by seeing so many, but it wasn’t so much the crowds that were overwhelming - but the politics.  I spotted Papa, and resisted the temptation to run to his side.  With the amount of people that had come, it’d be almost impossible to reach him.  My ears pricked though at the mention of his name.  I’m not entirely sure what a Glazier is, but it certainly sounds important! 

I stay tucked beneath the branches of a small tree and everly lands gently in the branches above, content to observe for the time being.  I’ll have to ask Papa more about his new job after things here have finished. 

Look at the stars, 
Look how they shine for you,
And all the things that you do.

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit