the Rift

[OPEN] Practice makes... glass? [crafting]

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty
A Glazier? A crafter of glass? The vulture nearly wished to return to Korofi just to see the expression on his father’s face. A son of the proud Kahare house making delicate glass sculptures?! It seemed so preposterous that even Gaal stood, grinning like a fool, at the ominously black iron gate. The Kahare house was known for its mastery of weaponry. Not beautiful trinkets… but then again—his gaze looked at the glass-guarded borders.

His gargantuan body stood just inside the Edge’s new, sole entryway. His hot irises studied the viciously sharp glass spikes that stabbed towards the skies. There was no denying the ability of this glass to cause harm. Just has metal-forged, leather-gripped weapons his family made. So he shook himself roughly, gathering air into his lungs to prepare himself.

“Hallo! Hallo there! I am here to—eh—” his deep, rough call awkwardly stilted to a halt, starkly white ears swiveling around in uncertainty. What was this even called? Glazing? Glaziering? The proper words in the common tongue eluded him at times. With a quick shake of his head and rueful grin, he continued his call, “—Eh, I am here to create glass!”

And then he fell silent, waiting, thick hind leg cocked and massive hips slanted as a warm Birdsong breeze ruffled through the tangles of his feathered limbs and locks.
graasvoel

Open crafting thread for January's unlimited crafting! @Mesec may join, too to make stuff (if you want, Sarah!)?

Please post no later than 1/30 so that the Glaziers have enough time to get your item crafted!

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.

A deep voice rumbled that was not very sure of its self. raeden cocked her head slightly and looked to Tin. Did you hear that? Her question rung in Tin's skull as she looked around the lands. Tin nodded his skull slightly telling her that he did hear the booming sounds. Raeden looked around to see who was speaking, but she could not see the man, so she decided to go find him.

The pair had walked for awhile before hearing the voice rumble again, he was here to create glass. Interesting... This had to be the large feathered man from the meeting. Shaking her head the mare picked up a trot to get closer to where the call came from. Finally, she made it to the boarded. Glass spikes glistened and glimmered in the sun's rays. The girl took a moment to admire the new wall that surrounded Edge. It was so beautiful, powerful, and dangerous. This would keep the herd protected from a land attack. Her deviant smile turned to charm as teal orbs came to rest upon the man.

Trotting closer she looked to the towering beast. Heavy wings rested at his sides, and she could not help bu think of Ron and Loth. He looked so much like them, but she could not let herself fall for another man right now. Ron was her priority. Tin shuffled next to her peeking from her pale gold sides as she spoke. Hello, I am Raeden a scout here.You must be Graasvoel. I could not help but hear your call about making glass. Charming tones filled her maw as the feminine curves leaned to rest on her left rear hoof. I was wondering if you could make a small hawk necklace on a glass chain. It does not have to be perfect, but I would be honored to have the first trinket that you crafted with your new magic. Sweet tones fell silent as deep teal eyes looked upon the man's face. Cream strands of her mane and tail flowed in the soft breeze of birdsong. That's if you do not mind crafting something for me. giggling lightly she looked to Tin then back to the man.

words

OOC:: She is requesting a small hawk necklace on a glass chain please :)

Image Credits

@Graasvoel

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Mesec heard the call of his fellow Glazier and followed it promptly - curious as he was to start practicing with the new crafting magic that he possessed. To use his mother’s material and see what it was capable of instead of the hard metal of the Throat. What could they even make out of glass? Trinkets and intimidating spikes but what lay between? Perhaps Graasvoel, if he remembered the name given at the meeting correctly, would have a better idea.

For once, Mesec was completely alone. Lucius was off attempting to give Lyra a hunting lesson but if the squabbling and tattling that permeated through their bond was anything to judge by it wasn’t going that well. Since Lyra did not yet know how to speak, her interjections were mostly screeching contradictions to Lucius reporting that she had torn out his favourite tail feather or that she was a clumsy idiot who would starve to death.

Needless to say, Mesec welcomed the idea of working so he could be distracted from his companions.

By the time he found the winged stallion, there was another mare there with him - one Mesec recognized but did not know personally.  But as he approached the pair, he was able to catch her name. A soft smile appeared in his silver eyes as he came to stand nearby, greeting them both with a nod so that he would not interrupt Raeden’s words.  Only after she had finished, did he make the introductions. “Graasvoel, right?” He looked to the stallion, confirming that he had the name right, before his eyes shifted to the mare. “And Raeden - it’s a pleasure to meet you both, I’m Mesec - here to help however I can.”
MESEC
the nightwind
coding by Kyra
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

What do I do now? He had been asking himself this for quite sometime, enough that Inari had disappeared to find some food and Ríona had fallen asleep, curled up on his plump backside, with Sacre barely noticing. Though the question was always the same it varied in degrees of emotion from simple confusion to hair pulling frustration to depressed self-loathing before settling on sickening apprehension. It created turmoil with his genuine happiness to be standing here, this very day, as Sacre the Moon Doctor. What if he killed someone by accident? Administer the wrong thing, prolong their pain, fail to cure them... This agonising list went on and on as Sacre continued to torture himself on all the ways he could possibly fuck up now the general well-being of his Worlds Edge family had been placed squarely at his feet. Of course, Tilney and Lyanna were also Doctors and therefore also by his side—right? The fox-boy decided he should probably seek the out for their guidance, stop fretting over the what ifs and accept his role with all the responsibilities it brought with it. He had wanted this job after all.

Still, it was easier and simpler to say than it was to cast aside his nervous premonitions. In the end he was, in his self-created tense state, saved this time and by the call of a new Glazier no less. 

Graasvoel, was it? The orange pegasus he remembered growing sweets from his mane, was he Graasvoel? Did he still do that?

Deciding that his standing around worrying was not really doing him any good, Sacre headed towards the Worlds Edge entry way. The only entry way. The black gate, made of iron, a craft of the Dragons Throat which Sacre recognised instantly having been formally a crafter of the desert land. Though the fox-boy found the gate rather cold, despite its interesting luna design, it didn't quite scream a welcoming image. Perhaps that was the point in essence. 

By it stood the towering orange figure of the Glazier, along with Raeden, the spy who had been recently ousted from her position and, although Sacre was very curious about the incident, he didn't dare ask considering the last time he had angered the pale scout. He would only risk angering Raeden if he was stood on the other side of the iron gate with a good head start to boot. So instead he simply nodded his head to both "friends" he greeted warmly, before his eye caught a glimpse of familiar night wind. 

"Brother" Glazier he thought, proudly, in his head. Ríona at this point dropped down from her snoozing position, stretched her body and all four tails, then headed towards Mesec in search of Lyra, her face dropping sadly when she couldn't find the young kitsune. "I would love to see how glass crafting works" Sacre curiously looked between one Glazier to the other before signalling to Ríona that there was something in his tail that needed to be removed. Still pouting over Lyra she jumped back onto Sacre's rear and knocked the Sun God figurine from his tail (which perpetually fell out on its own accord from time to time). The mighty miniature lord of fire and light landed with a thump on the floor, glowing gently as the young Doctor moved him into an upright position and gave the deity a wistful look. 

"I can't have a sun with no moon" he sadly gazed at his lonely God replica, deciding he needed a friend, everyone needed a friend right? Moreover, Sacre's itinerary of useless items was part of what made him Sacre after all. He could always hit somebody over the head with them if need be... Or would the Sun God be mortified and offended? Maybe it was best not to find out "can I request the creation of a Moon Goddess figurine... to keep him company?" he asked, a hint of mirth on the edges of his lips, though he wondered if Mesec might find it a little weird to create his own mother out of glass, leaving the request up in the air and open to both Glaziers to accept or decline at their will.

ooc: Sacre is requesting a glass moon god figurine! (pose of your choice :D) <333 
@Graasvoel @Mesec
when I walk in the street... the street to the sacred heart
I remember the promises in the name of love

ellipsiem

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow

Her new magic has proven to be a revelation for the bulky yearling. The ability to shift into any animal she so desires is a deeply liberating power, one she has used to its full effect since discovering it. She has taken the forms of dozens of animals, from wolves to eagles, bears to spiders, stags to rats. Oizys spends more time in the skins of other beasts than she does in her own, and she cannot wait until she is old enough to battle and utilise her strength as it should be utilised.

There is one major drawback, however, and that is the fact that she cannot store multiple forms at once. To shift into them she must consume their blood, and it is unlikely that a bear or wolf will wander onto a future battlefield and allow her to steal the fruit of their veins. She needs a means to transport their blood into different situations, a container of sorts to carry the ability for her to shift into the animals of her choice. The Edge is famed for its glassware, so Oizys is cautiously optimistic that somebody will be able to fufill her request.

When the hairy stallion's booming voice rings out, the filly's cold eyes sparkle with interest. He is offering to craft, and she has her requests. The yearling prowls towards his call, her long and powerful strides eating up the ground as she trots through her home with Ker wobbling happily on her shoulders. She's not the first - others have arrived to request their own items, mostly trinkets for aesthetic purposes. The witch has her own ideas, though, and decoration is not on her mind.

Oizys looks between Grassvoel and Mesec, the two who had been promoted to Glaziers in the meeting, and addresses them directly. "Do either of you handsome fellows fancy making me a few small glass phials, for storage purposes?" The gargoyle glances between them. "Oh, and maybe a spear? I love me a spear." She flashes her most winning grin.

O I Z Y S
I'M NOT A HERO, I'M A LIAR
I'M NOT A SAVIOUR, I'M A VAMPIRE
image credits

Oizys is requesting 3 small glass phials to store blood in for her transformations, also a small glass spear if possible :)

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

smitty
Thick, starkly white ears swivel towards the newly appeared Raeden. His hot eyes study her striking beauty, though they do not miss the sharp edge to her eyes. As a man who had once often paid for the company of women, he had learned to read the sharpness in a woman’s gaze. It spoke volumes more than anything that came from a Mahzia’s mouth.

And the pale gold mare’s words were lovely. Honey, truly. So, despite the subtle warning in her gaze, a grin crossed his muzzle and he dipped his large, bearded skull, “Anything for a pretty lady.” He winked at Raeden as turned to stare at the ground.

So, uh, how does one… craft? Staring for a while, he felt a cool darkness slip into his veins. It was small and subtle, just a whisper—like the edge of a buzz slowly creeping up on someone. And then, equally as subtly, mist began to form and pool at his hooves, almost as if it was some ethereal liquid.

The vulture thought of hawks—their angled wings and sharp talons; their keen stare and pointed beaks. And, suddenly, a gleaming glass hawk laid in the grass at his feet. He grinned at Raeden nodding towards it, “Does it meet your expectations?”

But, in his newness to the task (despite watching Glasgow), too much glass consolidated from the mists. His brows raised—it had been a long while since his overeagerness had led to too much white, amorphous substance.

He chucked to himself at his private, dirty joke. So, with the remaining glass, the vulture slowly crafted four, sharp shivs. They were rough and slightly uneven, likely detracting from the durability, due to his inexperience with crafting. But, still, they would add to the pile their King always offered at meetings.

Then he waited for any more to come forward.
graasvoel

Mesec will craft Sacre & Oizys' items!

Crafted:
1 small glass hawk necklace for @Raeden
4 small glass shivs for WE

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Although Mesec had seen crafters at work before, it was an entirely different thing to do it himself. And he really didn’t have that much time to prepare, either. Perhaps he should have practiced a little on his own before waltzing up to this little meeting and offering his help - but there was nothing that he could do about that now. First his brother had come, greeting him with a smile as always and Mesec found it easy to return. He didn’t miss Riona looking around for Lyra, however, and quickly whispered to her: “She’s out hunting with Lucius, but I bet she’ll be back soon now that she knows you’re here.” And just as he said it, he could feel the slam of an exclamation through their bond as Lucius tried to keep Lyra focused while all she could think was getting to her fellow foxes.

Sacre’s crafting request brought a laughing smile to Mesec’s silver gaze as he watched his brother and the glowing Sun God figurine. Perhaps he felt a little uncomfortable making the figurine of his mother but at the same time, who would be better than him to do it? Mesec liked to think he was one of a few that really knew the Moon Goddess - as much as anyone could. “Alright, let’s see what we can do.” More than a little self-conscious, Mesec tried to focus and do what he had seen Graasvoel do - calling the mists forward and crafting them into an object. It sound simple enough, but it took the Nightwind a couple tries before he too had a pool of mist around his hooves. He thought of his mother, of her pride and her complexities.

It was tempting to have her trotting, frozen in a frolicking pose, but in the end Mesec chose something similar to the pose that the Sun God was in, so that they might match for all their differences. There on the ground stood a figurine of his mother - just slightly smaller than the Sun God’s figurine, as she was shorter than him in real life. She stood proudly, with her head lifted and (Mesec liked to imagine) a twinkle of judgement in her glass eyes.

He stepped back, so Sacre might investigate. “What do you think?” He grinned, happy with this work and with the realization that he had created it all on his own. “I don’t know if she would approve but I think it’s rather like her.” Mesec added with a small laugh.

Next was a yearling Mesec did not know the name of, but recognized from meetings and the day the griffins had attacked the foals. What she might need of phials he wasn’t quite sure, but he was happy to oblige. So again, he pulled on the mists - finding that they came a little easier this time (though not on the first try still). The first phial turned out deformed, in that it was just a solid chunk of glass and had a slight bend to it - so it wasn’t going to do anyone any good. He tried again, hoping that no one would judge him too harshly for the mistake, and successfully made three better phials that would actually be of use. “There. Perhaps you can find a weaver to make you a bag to keep them all in?”
MESEC
the nightwind
coding by Kyra

Mesec crafted:
1 x Moon Goddess figurine for @Sacre
3 x glass phials for @Oizys

and I'll do the spear in another post soon! :D

And now, for the spear.

He was beginning to feel a little light headed from the strain of the magic, especially the first time, but Mesec welcomed the fatigue. It had been too long since he had actually had a proper job and he was thrilled to be able to help out the Edge in this way. For too long he had been worried about too much to be of any use to anyone really, except maybe in the raising of his foals. And that was it. Here he had a chance to actually be usefully and it felt more wonderful than he could really explain.

Mesec shuffled his silver-lined wings by his side as he readied to make the yearling’s second request - a glass spear. The glass should be denser, he thought, to make it stronger and less likely to break upon the first time she used it. Much like the glass that had once made the wall that enclosed the Edge.

Focusing, and even getting a little worried frown on his face as he did so, Mesec was able to call the mists again and will them into the elongated shape of a small spear, tipped with a sharp blade. “Careful, it should be sharp.” Stating the obvious, maybe, but Oizys was too close in age to Vesper and Virga for him to not make some sort of comment. He half hoped that it would actually be sharp - because that was what she would have wanted - and half hoped that his crafting abilities weren’t up to snuff so that he hadn’t just armed her with a weapon that she could use to hurt herself or others.

But, for now, he supposed so long as she was happy with her items that was what mattered.  
MESEC
the nightwind
coding by Kyra

Crafted
1 x glass spear for @Oizys <3

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
She’s not the high-maintenance type; she doesn’t adorn herself in ribbons or chains (though imagine how lovely a sterling silver filigree necklace would look around her slim, arched neck). She wears her past on her skin and in her hair, hidden from those who do not know her mother tongue, and have never been close enough to touch her. Which is, for the most part, just the way she likes it. The weight of the large, ivory talon thuds against her neck when she runs, beating against her flesh in time with her heart - and so her sun and stars is always with her. He may never tuck her under his leathery wings again, and they may never recline underneath a desert sky ever again - but he will always live on in her oversized chest. It is filled to the brim, nay, overflowing, with love for him and their brood.

Without a way to return, to even begin to know where to go, what magic to use - it is the only thing she has left of them, the only solace Yael will ever take in the mysterious events that led her her. For something, someone burned a yod into her chest. Wherefore, and when? Why brand her with the smallest letter of their alphabet, the one from which all other words begin? It represents the spark of creation - and yes, she has brought more than enough lives into the world - but also humility, of which she is now learning while at the bottom of the food chain. It is the first in the name of G-d and his disciples, and his omnipresence.

G-d, however, ceased to exist for Yael decades ago. Why bring him back? Why, when the Gods of this world are nothing like her original G-d. Is it to remind her of her mortality? Or of her power, and what she can achieve, when she lives her life a certain way? It would certainly be a commentary on her time spent wreaking havoc as a dragon…

Whatever the case, questions run amok in the poor little foreigner’s head, causing her to spend some of her free time revisiting that which was previously thought lost. And so we come to the Glaziers, and what they can do for her. It is an odd request, having neither true ornamental nor useful value, but an inordinate amount of sentiment. The sign of a mother, the tet. Unsure of how to wear it, she can only think of a thick, glass piece that she can tie… somewhere. Or wear on a chain. Or put in a bag. It doesn’t matter, she will find a way. And so the petite mare stands in line behind the rest of the ladies until it is her turn. She flashes a shy smile to the two stallions before her, and extends a dainty leg to draw a shape in the dirt. It is a simple curve, like a backwards J without the top, and an ending that curves around like three quarters of a 6, angled, like a jar opening up, or a womb ready to be filled.

Looking to the two stallions before her, she asks them a simple question, “Can you please make a sturdy piece shaped like t’is? I vould not vant eet to break…” Of course, she already knows Gaal - but Mesec is unknown to her, and she to him. But where they stand… she’s never quite sure. And so best to play the impartial supplicant, simply a herd mate, requesting something rather personal.

It's been a long time since she's requested something for herself, and herself alone.
yael
by night, tie your heart to mine, and the two
together in sleep shall defeat the darkness

horse lines | wing lines | coloring & coding

@Graasvoel
@Mesec

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"BITCHES GET STUFF DONE." -tina fey

Iona joined the group quickly with little fanfare, nodding in greeting but letting others make their requests before asking anything of the newly appointed glaziers.  Iona was not seeking trinkets.  The painted mare’s paranoia had peaked, and she was not ignorant to the weapons that those in Helovia wielded. Magic. Enchantments. Armor. Swords. Knives.  And those were just the mortal enemies to contend with.  Since she’d called Helovia home, she’d fought Gods.  The prickling feeling beneath her skin had her feeling very vulnerable, and even though glass was considered by most to be far more ornamental than useful it had advantages too.  

Armors made of metal and heavy blades were never really an option for the dark specter, because she spent so much of her time in the air.  The weight alone would pose a problem, compromising aerodynamics and costing her whatever speed advantage she took with her into battle. She had other concerns as well not limited to maintaining these items.  With the amount of moisture that she encountered in the skies, especially in the Edge, anything made of metals would be vulnerable to rust.  That’s the last thing she needed, to be carting around a heavy, useless weapon. 

So glass certainly did have its advantages, if you were willing to look past the obvious drawbacks.   “Would either of you be able to craft concealable wing blades and perhaps a lightweight glass chainmail that would cover shoulders and wing joints?” She asks, casually, hoping she’d be able to better equip herself to defend against whatever threat was brewing.  She didn’t know what it was, but she knew it was out there. 

I O N A

@Graasvoel
@Mesec

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

Maude stumbled upon those gathered about the crafters, curiously eyeing the scenario from the outskirts for as long as it took for her to get even the slightest clue what was going on. Were they making things?!

For anyone?!

A girlish noise of delight escapes her as her hooves begin to dance eagerly, as if in time with the various objects of her desire which immediately float to mind. Of course, she doesn’t ask for them as soon as they come to mind – how impulsive! – but does occasionally make a peep or aloud coo of reverence for the dreamy objects which drift in and out of her thoughts.

First, she wants glass flowers, because, well, who wouldn’t? But, she then thinks of bells, and how pretty they would sound in her hair, when she walked. Even more exciting though is the notion of her own set of pots to plant in, and keep in Trewdwellan, or perhaps a watering can of her very own to use in the greenhouse. Her eyes widen all the longer she thinks, until, at last, she settles for two of her wishes, and patiently waits her turn.

Hello, Mr. Glassers,” she boldly states and gracefully curtsies when the time for asking at last arrives, one foreleg tucking down over the other (entirely confident that she has properly named their rank), “I would really like a few small pots, to practice growing things in, please! And, if it’s not too much to ask, a little watering can, too?

[ OOC: Can the pots/watering can be aquamarine blue or seafoam please? :D ]

If you’re tossing & you’re turning,
& you just can’t fall asleep,
I’ll sing a song beside you. and if you ever forget
how much you really mean to me, every day,
I will remind you.

Art by neverrmind @ DA
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

It was unlike this particular man to ever feel greedy, though in this moment when he felt so insignificant that he felt an odd sensation that came with rudeness as he approached the Glaziers.
Reminding himself that he was a specter, an equally ranked member of this herd gave him some comfort, yet still the beast felt inferior. It was a feeling he hated and dreaded more than any other - curse Iona for setting this upon him.

"If I may be so bold," the snake uttered to the most vibrant coloured of the pair; one blessed with wings and a great bulk of a stature. "may I make a personal request?"
"I require parts of an armour set - a head and neck piece, a breastplate and a rump piece with connecting chain mail and an overlay of cotton tapestry. It is a schematic that will require materials from both the north and south - do I have your word that it can be made if the materials are collected?"

The former silk trader would not settle for some clunking glass nor common iron - his own personal armor would be a masterpiece, a testament to his former self. The man who had come to Helovia and vanished in the threshold - nothing would ever be found of that man, not even his name. Toulouse he was now, Toulouse of Myrhh.

art: © x coding: © x

@Graasvoel Toulouse has no request for rn, but if he gathers materials/quests for it can a suit of armor be made a little similar to this? (http://orig09.deviantart.net/1154/f/2009...ootten.jpg)
(no saddle obvs)
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie

Ráeru

"Look at us, studying the fundamentals,
Back when we were young and now we’re up here on another level."

Glass? As long as it wasn't the ship piece that had sliced into her ankle on her first night in the Edge then she'd most certainly like some glass. The pale girl's ears twitched and she moved away from the small spring from which she had been drinking. Small droplets clung to her ivory coat but with each step she took they eventually fell from her body, landing with tiny splats on the ground. She liked the sound of it, rain was a favourite of hers to hear and smell, less so actually feel. The the sound of the water falling around her was calming, it allowed her to relax and even sometimes took her away from the present. Away from the darker memories that still clung to the corners of her memories and reared their ugly heads. Though admittedly these memories had become rarer with more space between the attacks, her time away from Helovia had helped set her on the path of accepting what had happened to her.

Raeru heard the sound of feathers and turned her strange blue hued eyes towards the edge of this cliffs. Often she was not easily distracted but today she was moving at a calmer and slower pace. Now, the sight of a griffin soaring over the cliffs held her captured attention. He was a graceful, elegant creature. After circling over a certain spot he dived, his wings tucked tightly against his tan feathers. A sleek and deadly shape that rose from the cliff side a few moments later with a small furry creature caught between his deadly talons. Once the griffin had disappeared into the clouds she turned from the edge and began to make her way towards where the voice has sounded from. She'd like a griffin. In fact during her time in Helovia seen seen a few unicorns bonded with the curious creatures, each one unique. Surely that meant that she'd also be able to bond with one of the creatures.

As she arrived upon a large group she took a moment to study all of those who had gathered. Among the faces of those gathered she saw only one that she knew better than the rest. Sacre stood with the group and seemed to be waiting expectantly for something. Was her brother also here to collect a glass item? Managing a small smile for the black fox boy she crossed over to his side, giving a quiet nicker in greeting to her brother. Turning to the two stallions that seemed to be running the show, she waited patiently for them to finish their current orders before placing her own. The dove watched as the winged stallion stepped back and revealed an impressive Moon Goddess figurine. "That's remarkable." Looking up from the figurines she cast an inquisitive eye over the winged stallion. It really had been a rather impressive feat, she'd only ever had an interest in the healing arts. That interest had simply been because that was what her parents (and now her brother) did. Mayhap it was also worth a look into crafting. "I think it looks like the lady." She had no idea what the goddess looked like. Apparently it was 'nice' to say things like this. It encouraged others or something. "If I may also request something?" It wasn't really a question, everyone seemed to be placing orders so Ráeru assumed she had just as much right to do the same. "I'd like something to decorate my tail with. Perhaps a glass chain with a small raven or moon pendant on the end?" This was intentionally posed as a question as she was unsure what the stallion was capable of crafting. She didn't know if such a request may be too delicate or complicate for him. "Either will be fine. Both if you're capable." Ráeru finished in a rather dreamy voice, her glassy stare turned back to Sacre. The girl wanted to know more about the brother she knew very little of.

@Mesec
@Sacre
Ráeru would like a glass chain with a glass raven and/ore moon pendant on the end.

Just as Mesec was crafting his items, more of the herd came over - some offering compliments and some simply making requests. The compliments made him uneasy so he appreciated the requests more - eager to try his newfound skill and stretch it and see if maybe this was a talent.

One of the Sleuths arrived, Mesec recognized her from the herd meeting but he couldn’t remember a name. Soon, he thought, he’d have to do a better job about going around and introducing himself and actually getting to know the herd that he was easing into. She requested a pair of wing blades and a sheet of lightweight glass chainmail. The chainmail would take some concentration, but he had seen enough armour to have an idea of how it might go, and the wing blades where an interesting request.

“I think we can do that.” He felt a little better about arming one of the adult herd members than he did about giving Oizys a spear, at least.

Although his head was a little spinny, Mesec wasn’t about to just give up now. He pulled on the magic again and first crafted two matching wing blades that he thought would be concealable whenever her wings were folded. The chainmail, though, he wanted to make sure actually fit so his silver eyes smiled at the Sleuth mare as he looked to her. “If you don’t mind?” He stepped towards the pegasus mare, encouraging her to stretch out her neck a little so he could craft the chainmail on her.

This one took a little more time, with all the links of the chain falling in together. It took Mesec a couple tries to actually get the links to connect how he imagined they should - and he did his very best not to fidget while he was doing so and worry about whether everyone was growing impatient - but before too long Iona had a sheet of glass chainmail covering her shoulders and wing joints. “What do you think? Is it lightweight enough?” He had tried to get the chains somewhat dense, otherwise they would just shatter, and worried that perhaps by doing so he had made it too heavy.

MESEC
the nightwind
coding by Kyra

Note: the crafters can only do so many items in each post so I split it up based on the size so I could get as many in as possible! The others will come today as well! <3

permission from Kiki to PP Mesec crafting on Iona's bod

Crafted:
2 x glass wing blade and
1 x sheet of glass chainmail covering shoulders and wing joints for @Iona

“Hello little one.” Mesec greeted the young filly with a smile, not thinking anything off the mispronunciation of his new title. After all, ‘Glasser’ was pretty accurate as well! She curtsied before them and asked whether they could make some pots and a watering can. The pots seemed pretty easy enough but he had never seen a watering can before.

Still, Mesec figured the name pretty much described the function and he could use that to figure out what it was supposed to look like.

He started with the pots, pulling on the mists and shaping them into a few small pots. To Mesec’s surprise, the glass for the pots turned out light blue which he absolutely had not been intending and hoped the filly would not mind. With the same glass, he concentrated and formed a larger shape - with a long spout and a handle that the girl would be able to grip in her teeth to tip it. Not half bad, he thought, pushing aside the fatigue that was washing in as he checked the girl’s reaction. “There, what do you think?”

The second, newest Sleuth, arrived but spoke only to Graasvoel - but Mesec was almost immediately distracted when he caught sight of who else had shown up. The mare made no introductions but his silver eyes skitter to Sacre for confirmation - was this their sister? She looked so much like Kou that it felt like a kick in the stomach, reverting Mesec to the sensation that he was nothing but a child again.

She complimented his figurine of the Goddess and Mesec ducked his head at the compliment while whispering a bashful “Thank you.”

Her request was simple - or, at least he understood more of it than he had Maude’s - though Mesec was just going to have to find out whether his skills were up to the task. He could see the item she was describing clearly in his head, and perhaps that would be enough. The constant use of the magic was straining him but he had enough in him to do this, to make his sister something beautiful. Mesec wove the mists into a delicate-looking glass chain, adorning the lengths first with a glass raven and then with a small moon. That extra charm wasn’t too much work, really, and he was happy to add it. “There. Do you like it?” And then, a moment’s pause, before he practically blurted out (though in a uncertain, hushed voice) “Are you Ráeru?” He couldn’t help but ask, his gaze flickering to Sacre for some sort of confirmation that this was the sister they had spoke of. What were the chances that they would all end up here, in the Edge?
MESEC
the nightwind
coding by Kyra

@Graasvoel will be crafting Yael's item!

Mesec Crafted:
2 x small aquamarine-coloured flower pots
and 1 x aquamarine-coloured glass watering can for @Maude
1 x glass chain with small raven and moon pendant for @Ráeru

smitty
Hot, red-yellow eyes watch all those that appear, asking for things. There is a part of him that feels pride, a (surprisingly) new emotion for the vulture. Pleasure and following satiety are familiar cohorts to the gargantuan stallion. However, rarely has pride ever struck his this, hairy chest. It is a feeling he too often saw in his father—and, thus, one he never sought to feel, himself.

But, as he watched Mesec so easily create and command the glass, some small part of his pride vanished. The dark, winged stallion seemed a natural at crafting (the vulture was ignorant to his shared blood with the Goddess with whose glass they worked). Envy, too, was not a feeling with with the vulture was accustomed. Though he did covet other’s sexual endavors, he was not one to grow jealous over them. He would either join in, or go find another to exercise such wants and desires with.

Thus, when a familiar, sensual, and thickly accented voice sounded a request, the Vulture was quick to jump on it. His hot eyes drifted and lingered on Yael’s petite, dainty leg as she carved a unique symbol in the rich earth before them. His eyes then switch to her lips as she asks for the craft.

A lopsided grin crosses his muzzle—though some part of him is worried that (after his roughly hewn dagger for the gargoyle princess) he will not be able to create the symbol’s design. But yet another new emotion flashed through him: determination. He liked Yael (beyond her gilded beauty and sensual accent). And he was finding that he liked this newfound niche of crafting.

So, with painstaking care and (remarkable) slowness, mist began to meticulously gather before him. It swirled, becoming denser and denser, amassing more and more mist—until it was truly a thick and sturdy, perfectly clear glass. “Does this suffice, my lovely Yael?” His chest was puffed with undisguised pride, a boyish grin crossing his dark muzzle. Then, as an afterthought, he asked, "What does it mean?"
graasvoel

Crafted:
Medium glass Tet symbol on glass chain for @Yael

Sorry for the delay!!
Everyone- Don't forget to post in Records Updates to have these items added to your records!

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

The little golden mare watches as Mesec crafts warlike and useful items for the rest of the herd, and so it is a pleasant surprise when Gaal takes the initiative to craft her request. With rapt attention, her bright and curious gaze watches the mist form into shape and solidify into a beautiful, sturdy-looking piece (and he even adds a chain!) that brings a delighted grin across her face. “Eet ees perfect, Gaal! Just vhat I was t’inking of.” Her voice echoes with pure delight, genuinely thrilled with what was made. She shall have to find a way to repay him, she thinks ever so briefly, before he asks a question. And now her eyes fly to the roguishly charming stallion and knows that if he had not asked a question, she would have left their encounter at that, their seeming usual: Yael, awkward and unsure, oscillating between undeniable desire and capitulating guilt, while she imagines that Gaal must have no idea what to make of their hurried, half-flirty exchanges.

“Xow much time do you xaf?” she asks Gaal, implying that it could take awhile for her to fully explain what it means and why she chose it. But, oh, he probably is not interested in such things, so she chuckles lightly and intends to brush it off with an abbreviated explanation. “Ze short answer ees t’at eet ees ze nint’ letter of my language. But eet also repreesents femininity and mozerhood and ze choice ve haf bet’een good and evil.” Her nose bobs down to indicate the mark on her breast. “T’is too, ees a letter. T’ough xow I got eet, I do not know.” She huffs out a little sigh and rolls her shoulders in a shrug. Did it even matter how she got it, or from whom? Yael takes it as a sign, a personal little reminder to take to heart - so this tet will do the same.

Gingerly, she reaches out to take the chain between her teeth, and in all innocence looks up at Gaal.Toda, Gaal. T’ank you. Vould you mind putteeng eet over my xead?” Because, of course, she would not want to break it right after he made it. That would be utterly irresponsible.    

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Graasvoel.
She doesn't know it, but she's all about the long game XD

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

The rising swirl of the mist makes her eyes widen with surprise and delight, her tiny hooves bouncily prancing beneath her, and her muzzle lowering to hover eagerly about the spectacle of the magic. Careful not to touch the moving mist, fearful as to what might become of her nose if she intervened in the magic in such a way, Maude gasps and unleashes an, “oooh!” of reverence as the small pots appear from the molecules of mist.

A pale, pretty blue, just like clean water, or a bright, summer sky veiled in the gauze of clouds, they are one of the cherub’s most favorite colors in the world, aside from sea foams, creams, and the red, shiny copper of her father’s coat. Alongside the planter’s tools appears a watering can, though she is less enthralled with its creation, than she had been the pots, still quite distracted with admiring Mesec’s first few gifts.

Whoa!” she exclaims, brushing her ginger lips across the smooth, cold surface of the nearest planter, her still-wide eyes flicking up towards the Glazier with a broad smile in tow, “thank you so much!

Giggling as she stacks them and they sing in contact with another, she carefully sets them inside the wide mouth of the can.

I’ll be sure to bring you some of the flowers I grow!” she promises, before happily grasping her easy to hold, new watering tool and happily making her way home. She had to start now, if she wanted flowers by summer’s end!

If you’re tossing & you’re turning,
& you just can’t fall asleep,
I’ll sing a song beside you. and if you ever forget
how much you really mean to me, every day,
I will remind you.

Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Mesec
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.