the Rift

[OPEN] Girl in the French Film

Manon Posts: 37
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Space

[Image: t0jfcp.jpg]

M A N O N

Her time at the Edge had been quiet, peaceful. She'd experienced more peace, comfort and kindness than she'd had in her life - a fact that was not lost on her as she wandered to the cliffs. This was where she could most often be found, either with Ultima (the one bright spark she couldn't entirely shake) or alone, watching the ocean far below. To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying... She murmured under her breath, opalescent eyes scanning the porcelain cliffs below her, and below them - the careening birdsong ocean. The breeze caught her silver hair, tugging it gently westward as she breathed softly: alone. She had endless thanks for Tilney, the man whom had brought her here... and possibly no small amount of affection, either, though that affection was purely based in friendship. No matter how kind and handsome the doctor was, he wasn't her type. Wasn't a woman. It wasn't that she craved the attention and the excitement of the "dating" world - Manon had never been intrigued by that whirlpool of games and deceit, but she was lacking. It had taken months for her to figure out what it was.

Excitement, drive, purpose. These were what she was missing, through no fault of anyone but herself - though the months of rest and softness weren't to be spoken badly of. She'd needed them. Now, though... The sun was high in the sky as she breathed in that salty air, thoughts running swiftly through her head. She should take a trade, train more, learn something. She was aware of how capable her skill set already was, but there was always more. To be helpful to the herd that had so graciously taken her in would be a worthy cause. She couldn't help thinking of her siblings - Saker and Swallow, though it had been a long, long time since she had done so. She could see Swallow in the soft breeze, the gentle jasmine and lilac of the birdsong flowers, the warm sun upon her sharp-boned face. Saker - Saker she could see in the raging ocean far below, in the stark white cliffs that refused to yield.. the never ending horizon. She wondered how much they had changed. And if she'd ever see them again. With a scoff she tossed her head and backed from the cliff edge a bit: it was unlikely, not when she'd entered another realm.

Her lips curled around the sweet grass a short distance from the cliffs edge, liking the background of ocean and sky that both reverberated with her heartbeat and tickled her slender ears. Light reflected off of her mottled skin as she lifted her delicate head, thinking that - for once - she wouldn't mind someone to share this with.

heavy as a feather when - you hit the dirt

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
toulouse

All was quiet at the watchtower save for the fraying wind that left a howling whistle in the geldings ears. Laying low had never been the serpent's strong suit, but ever since the dissagreable 'welcome' he had recieved to his new rank the gelding had decided on a lonesome approach to his title as specter thus far.
There was a solid ally in Aelfwine, he was sure of it. She was a reliable woman who had smarts and skill (not to mention her sex) up her sleeve; the others he was unsure about. Thranduil was amiable enough and certainly skilled and he possessed the most wonderful skin changing magic. Why not make their team a force to be reckoned with? Why should they continue in silence and slithering?

And so it was as he crept from his burrow and strode out upon the hill that he took in the sight of an unfamiliar woman among the clifftop. the woman appeared too comfortable and far too at home to have slipped through the border and so the man could only assume she was just another face in the crowd he'd never cared to look at before.

Toulouse kept his distance, raking his way through the trees after slinking to the foot of his hill. Finally his place was taken behind a tall conifer, his gaze curling around to watch the doe as she craned down to nibble at the sea-splashed grass by the vey edge. Dusted in the most strange colours of russet and spots of brown she owned an unusual pelt - however, this miss was far from an ugly duckling. Her striking white tresses, pleasing facial structure and lithe legs gave away a possible desert origin in her blood; one she might share with Toulouse. splashed and marked, she reminded him easily of his own people. The t'detans were known for their striking markings and mixes.

Surely such rudeness was quite intolerable - Toulouse remained quite convinced that he should not just stand and spy. With a hop and skip the agent of the Edge slinked forwards, announcing his presence only when he stopped a number of feet away.
"madame" the gelding nodded her way with sincerity, neck craned high and confident. "You would make a remarkable sneak you know. How long have you been a member of our humble herd? Anyhow, you have remained invisible to me until now it seems" was the serpent's smirk.
"Toulouse; A Specter."

the motherland don't love you,
the fatherland dont love you.
so why love anything?

the faithless; they dont love you
the zealous hearts dont love you.
and that's not gonna change.

ut deo.

art: © x coding: © x

i saw this was open, hope u dontm idn me throwing toulou in! glad to see youre back! <3 @Manon
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Space

M A N O N

"madame" - Manon turned her head, the stark lines of her cheekbones prominent as they were glazed by sun and shadow. It was a man, or the semblance of one. He boasted a pleasantly handsome face, framed by the most wonderful mop of hair and silk scarves. Opalescent eyes took him in silently, sliding over the lines of his body and pausing briefly at his mouth where, when he spoke, a pair of pointed teeth gleamed. While those teeth made her slightly more wary, she had seen many a strange mutation here and it did little to stop her from turning fully to face him. The movement was elegant and smooth, almost unnoticeable. "A Specter.." she murmured, her voice full and husky - the one thing that never seemed to fit in with the rest of her long, sharp lines. She raised her own head as she surveyed him, something that lingered between thoughtfulness and friendliness upon her face.

"Toulouse, I am Manon. As for how long I've been here... it can't have been more than a few months." She paused, still watching his handsome, open face. "Although I'll admit invisibility suited me in those months." She stepped a little closer, a lithe, entrancing step. "Perhaps it would be time to change that - to a degree." A small smile played upon her velveteen lips at the thought. Though once upon a time she might have felt quite disgruntled at the lack of attention, now she was glad for it: for the rest it had provided, and for the opportunity it now presented to her. Now that she cast her mind back, she had seen Toulouse here and there, perhaps flitting in the background through the Edge. The breeze ruffled her hair again, setting her mind afresh with the need to learn, to serve a purpose - if only to shake the boredom from her skin.

"Tell me more - both about yourself, and the position" she paused then swiftly added: "Please." While she despised political conversations, dancing around questions and answers, this did not seem to be one of them - but a few manners would not go astray. She cast another glance to the ocean before returning to Toulouse's charming manner, delightful and... admittedly slightly off-putting. There had to be a reason he was in his position. He was an intriguing creature. So she waited, and blinked her long lashed eyes slowly as she considered every angle of his proposition and what that would mean for her.

@toulouse of course I don't mind! I love that we're in the same timezone, it's such a rare find haha Thanks! Glad to be back xx Oh my goodness as WELL, I was looking at your Toulouse playlist and YES. I have the exact same music taste! There's not one artist on there that I don't know!

toulouse

To say that the mottled mare was pretty would be a vast understatement. Perhaps if Toulouse did not deeply desire the companionship of his own sex and the wealth of understanding only other males could provide then perhaps she could completely enchant him. Manon; her name was Manon. Angelic, unique and short. A name uttered fiercely in only two syllables and, at a guess, had a similar origin to the name he'd chosen for himself - or so he could only assume by the romantic way their titles seemed to match.

"Enchanted" He spoke this word not as a pleasantry but almost out of sincerity. She had a fluidity and grace he had missed, one only encountered among others of his kind. As the words left her blaze-stained lips, Toulouse allowed his eyes to wander only slightly until he noticed the bones of a tree worn as a crown, beautiful amaranthine charms dangling from each side. It was quite an interesting headpiece that perhaps complimented her beauty in a strange way - why not wear a silken sash or a hijab?But did he ever stray from his decorative scarves though? Perhaps it was Toulouse who should be taking a leaf and a branch from her book.

Months she had slipped past the nets and the webs of his mind, and here he stood thinking none could escape his view. Craning his neck higher, his pride ever so slightly wounded the gentleman could only give a smile when she quizzed him about himself and the task of the sleuths. Was she truly interested in joining his ranks? She would make a good ally, this he was sure of.
"I recently won the right to be Specter" the gelding spoke bluntly "I fought Raeden, a woman who like my superior specter has laid back allowing the lower ranks to do the work for them. I found the missing doctor's lover and returned her to her people - and yet I received no credit from my superiors. My orders had been to find a lead on her whereabouts and I brought her home. This is did as a sleuth; a minion in their eyes." Words soon turning to venom-laces hisses, the serpentine man began to recoil at the thought of the thankless herd he served. Still they twisted his efforts into failiures - Iona herself had called his successful infiltration of the Throat an invasion. Yet here she had stayed in her nest at the edge. A dog who barked with no bite were the ones who starved, and the ones who finally bit were put down. Iona's narrow-mindedness would be the end of her.

"I intend to reshape the sleuth ranks, and to stay involved in the work of the sleuths under my order. It is a guild not a hierarchy. I could use more allies however... at the moment the Edge still clings to its old ways it seems."

so why love anything?

ut deo.

omg yes, i know right!! and AAAA that makes me so happeeee, i feel like no one knows the music i listen to xD
oh ps. there is a herd meeting manon should probs get her lil butt to! if she went and stood with toulouse he'd be super happy, he has no friends lmfao
oi do you have the skype? @Manon

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Space

M A N O N

The sound of the ocean far below soothed her as she watched Toulouse take her in, feeling no small amount of egotistical pleasure at whatever reaction she could glean from his sharp jade eyes. He, himself, was a vision. Though Manon had little to no preference in her attraction toward women, she still had a veritable eye for beauty - and of course took pride in her own. Toulouse and herself... they indeed seemed like a matched pair. His body was smooth and svelte, his fine ears curved and his bone structure a true delight - in fact, even their differences seemed to echo one another. Where Manon's eyes reflected opals, Toulouse boasted a delicate mint green - with depths even Manon envied. And his skin, mottled, like hers but creamier, almost sweeter. Where she wore her diadem and necklace, he wore his silken scarves both of which spoke of subtle style. Even his lips were soft and pink and utterly kissable. Manon decided, quite promptly, that she liked him. Although like and trust were completely different things.

"I recently won the right to be Specter" an impressive feat, and one that caught her interest - as did the rest of his explanation, a tale that she beheld with an open mind and growing interest. He spoke with passion, his polished voice echoing past emotions that occasionally brimmed toward venomous, though never harsh. Raeden - the woman Manon had seen multiple times, even found attractive. She would have to find out for herself how arrogant and misled these superiors were if she were to truly back Toulouse, though perhaps... she considered the slender Specter with an investigative gaze. Such a situation could be quite beneficial to her, to gaining a standing within this community, to finding some kind of fulfilment. Whatever that meant to her. Finally she murmured "An impressive feat, to be berated and left thankless for.." Manon swept her eyes around the clearing, the cliffs edge, the trees and their shrubbery. She took a step closer to Toulouse;

"A coup?" She questioned quietly, thoughtfully, waiting a moment before continuing a little louder. "I have always embraced change, Toulouse - and more often than not I find a little change can improve on old views, dusty systems... tired management." Her gaze locked onto his meaningfully, "In this, I would stand with you." For the first time she questioned whether this was a chance meeting, or whether some other force (or perhaps Toulouse himself) had placed them both here at this time, in the moment she had been questioning her position here. She would look into the old sleuths and see for herself whether they deserved to be uprooted. There was already a vision colouring her mind, one of old, dusty diplomats displaced and replaced with young blood, new ways of thinking, change. A soft breath released at that, and again she glanced to Toulouse's enticingly soft lips, and then to his disarming viridian eyes. A sleuth indeed.

@toulouse ugh I LOVE Toulouse, every time I look at his profile / read his writing I feel like a discover more depths <3 I will jump into that now! Ofc she'll stand next to him, she's practically in asexual love with him haha Yeah I do, I'm rarely on it but its lindsayjosborn, definitely add me!

toulouse

Manons words came as a cool breeze, a zephyr of fresh air. To hear someone speak a similar sense to his own mind was comforting beyond any words that any lips might utter and most embraces any could lock him in. Here on this cliff he had found someone who would stand with him in a cause to unite the sleuths - that was something he had not expected when slinking from his hollow.

Could he have it his way, Toulouse would test the ballerina's strengths as a sleuth in action and then hopefully promote her to scout... a rank already taken by the woman who fell as his challenger. There were plans though, Plans which only existed within his own machiavellian mind - there was a path to take to claim Ionas role, a path to take to grant the Laurelin a place at his side, and hopefully a path to slip the mottled assassin in as their assistant.

A coup?
Those had been Manon's curious words, Causing the serpents lips to curl upwards in what could only be described as a devious smile. "Come now, that sounds a bit chaotic" The gelding hissed with a hint of a giggle.
"But yes. A coup d'etat is has come to"

It had crossed his mind multiple times by now that someone so eager might really be a trap, a leech willing to suck information from him. Perhaps Iona had put her up to it - or Raeden (even better). Hopefully, if she truly was a leech, the woman knew that it would forever be his word against her own. His crystalline gaze fell upon her own with a cautious glare, though he saw nothing but curiosity and a wish to help in her own eyes. This was no quivering spy.

so why love anything?

ut deo.

oml <3 you're so kind, It means so much to hear someone say that! I didnt think he was very cool at all xD I absolutely adore manon but im pretty sure you already know that ;) ;)
Partners in crime they shall be!
lmao i can imagine toulouse constantly trying to test the friendzone but just never getting through HAHAHA gawd manon c'mon
@Manon

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Space

M A N O N

"But yes. A coup d'etat it has come to"

She swallowed his words with a slow, burning sense of delight - it had been many years since she'd been in such a position, and this time, this time she would follow the course to it's conclusion. She'd never met the Specter Iona, but perhaps that was the exact reason she needed replacing - how many sleuths lay hidden behind ordinary citizens? Toulouse had wasted no time in proposing the idea to her, and now here she stood; the benefactor of his attentions and a boon for him to use against whomever he chose. Manon stilled her thoughts for a moment, focusing again on the handsome Specter and noticing (with no small amount of humour) that he watched her closely. Perhaps he thought her a spy, a cuckoos egg in his small but expanding nest of followers. In this, he needn't worry. While she was sly, cunning and exceedingly ambitious - she was also loyal. Though she'd never admit such a thing to Toulouse, she had also chosen his path because it had seemed like the most chaotic and perhaps the most fun.

Staring back into his mint green gaze for a long moment, she gave a sharp grin, more a baring of her bone white teeth than a real smile. She could feel the air around her sliding subtly over her soft, supple skin and the breeze tickling and fluttering her long silver lashes. Manon lowered them tactfully, twisting her elegant neck to gaze at the edge of the cliffs and the ocean far below before returning her polychromatic gaze to Toulouse; "So here we stand, perhaps on the brink of a somewhat raw civil war - and I know nothing about you." She paused, shifting her mile-long legs with elegant ease before looking the Specter up and down, "So tell me what there is to know."

Was she to follow a man she had just met? Without thinking too much into it, she knew the answer - yes. She had never been one to waver on important decisions, and despite knowing altogether nothing about the crimp haired gentleman (she supposed he was a gentleman) she was entirely certain that he was the change she had indeed been searching for.

@toulouse yaaaas let the games begin! xx
please tag Manon in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

toulouse

Manon was quick to wear his suspicions away - perhaps it was a spark within her eye that lead him to believe they actually could trust one another. It was unlike he ever could trust another being though; Anyone drawing breath could scheme and lie, he knew this much to be true. Manon might one day obtain a loop of his trust if she was lucky.

The mottled woman's next words brought the most crinkled of smiles to the gelding's lips, his older eyes creasing at the edges as he grinned. Really, what could he tell her? There was not much to know about Toulouse... or rather, not much he could share.
"I hail from the great plains; Dorobo." it was clear by his accent and appearance that there was much more to the story - he was not the colour of a cheetah or antelope like their King, nor did he possess any kind of fierce Dorobian accent. Soon a smirk crossed his drifting mind, his glassy eyes turning downwards with a hint of sadness "I am afraid I am boring myself, dear Manon. The truth is there really is nought else to know about me"
The serpent had spoken quite a lie, as there really was a great deal more than what met the eye when it came to this gelding of the Great Plains.

"You must tell me of yourself, though. You are young and remarkably beautiful - where is your handsome beau?" Toulouse spoke with a cheeky smirk upon his face, his nose remaining straight ahead while his eyes crooned sideways to his companion. The man could only assume such a beauty would come with a stag attached to her hip.

so why love anything?

ut deo.

@manon
<3