the Rift

[OPEN] How Tragic

Kiuaji Posts: 40
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 9 HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Matanye :: African Crowned Eagle :: None Nova

'You need hobby' Matanye's amused voice filtered through the wash of thoughts, each one absentmindedly meandered through the poisoners mind with no destination in mind. One moment his thoughts painted him splayed on silk sheets, the next he sneered over the writhing twitching body of just another poor unfortunate soul. He didn't know which he missed more, the unabashed debauchery or the delicate threads of life he once lorded over.

Oh, my kingdom for a warm bed. My soul for a man who made him feel alive.

"Do I?" He hummed out loud, lavender eyes glanced at his companion from underneath pale tresses. She had a point, he admitted with a bitter sigh, a sigh she answered with a shrill laugh. "Did anyone ever tell you, my dear, you're terrible company?" He bit without malice, the eagle shifted on her lofty perch to rest on his metallic bodice. 'Go find something to do.' She urged, he had been uncharacteristically quiet., to the point Matanye had began to worry for her bonded. He'd appeared like a fleeting mirage in the mists and snow, only breaking his silence to watch the delightful challenge between Toulouse and Raeden he had returned to his solitary lounging.

He'd have to catch the newly crowned specter to give him his most heart felt congratulations.

Kiuaji eventually hauled himself to his svelte legs, long tassels idly flicked back and forth as he took a moment to shake the numbness from his bones. He'd made himself a tidy little place to rest as the months had crawled by, the entrance hidden by mist, leaves and overgrown roots to afford the poisoner his much needed privacy. All it needed was some trappings and he might actually have a shred of his old luxuries back. Alas, that was thought for another day, where Matanye wasn't kneading her sharp talon's with a deliberate edge in his mind.

The spring air isn't bad, but it's no tallsun. Mists are thicker without the hindrance of rain, but he found his way through it with practiced ease. One didn't simply live in the Edge and fumble their way around after all, it was the set up to take a rather unpleasant dive off of a very tall cliff. Gold clinked a pleasant tune as he walked, the amethysts in his precious pieces glinted in the sunlight which peppered through the renewed growth in the canopy above.

Eventually, the tree line waned and opened up to one of the sheer plateau's the Edge was famed for. Nostrils flared with a silent intake of sea air as he stilled near the edge, ringed ears pressed forward and gently back. Long ombre tresses picked themselves up on the morning wind, rising and falling with each gentle caress, while his tail lingered behind him in a long train. Lavender hues fixated on the rising sun just cresting the horizon, head tilted just slightly to the right. Pretty as a picture, but nothing like Dorobo. "Are you happy? I'm doing something. The view is marvelous, the ground is still misty and I'm still unentertained." He snarked with a smirk to the bird, Matanye answered the only way she deemed fit, a well placed jab to the side of his head. 'Better than being sat on fat ass.'

x
[Image: kiuajipixel_by_abbie1234_d9nzm2x_by_drea...9nzm7u.png]

"let me shatter your frame of mind, my dear"

force & magic permitted on Kiuaji at all times
with the exception of maiming and death.

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy

Why was he awake this early? Golden eyes opened to see dawn's light peeking from the horizion. His chocolate muzzle huffed slightly as he stood up from his resting spot. Long legs stretched and loosened the tight muscles from the long night's sleep. Birds chirped and cheered their morning songs at the boy, and he grumbled at the thought. Why could something be so happy, cheerful, full of life, and ecstatic about day break? Narrowing his eyes at the chirping bastards he kicked the tree that they perched their ass on. Scampering and running away distressed chirping noises flooded the air along with heavy flapping sounds. "Serves you right." Zubari mumbled and huffed trudging into the herd land.

He did not have to travel far away from his resting place before he heard vocals of another beast. Growing horns reached for the sky and they finally sat at 6 inches above his ears. They would serve good use when he is older and ready to fight his own battles, for now, they just itch and hurt. Through the thickened mist a figure appeared on the edge of the cliff. Breathing in a deep breath of the humid air, the prince walked closer to the beast. Tall horns broke the horizon of the man's skull. He was much older than Zubari, but most people were. Edge did have a lot of children lurking in the depths, but he found them boring. They were a poor excuse for a good time, and they never had intellectual topics to speak about. Quite frankly they were unamussing, poorly educated, childish, and not willing to grow up.

Golden eyes rested upon the man as Zubari came to a halt next to him. There was something about him that made the boy think he knew who he was. No name in his memories matched the bi-colored face. Then it dawned on him. This was the man who was at his grand entrance to the earth. He found Tembovu shortly after the first breaths of air filled the young boy's lungs. Zubari had grown greatly since that day. Muscles were starting to fill out, and deep black spots filled the chocolate tones. His head tilted slightly "You are my father's friend. I remember you." Slightly dull tones filled the air as he looked over the cliff. "He called you.... Aji I think." Bright golden eyes squinted slightly thinking back to that day. Then a long sigh came from his maw "Mom and Katua have been missing, I can't find them anywhere. Dad does not seem to care very much, he replaced us with his new family. Have you by chance seen them?" Annoyed vocals came from his maw thinking about his father's relationships. He tried to smile past the pain and look to the man called Aji, but disappointment was plastered across his small features.

"Talk."
zubari
"I’ll take my bow I won’t make a sound I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

image | coding
Lyrics

@Kiuaji

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury