the Rift

Kick Back

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Never looking back or too far in front of me

The present is a gift, and I just wanna be
Chico was…somewhere playing grab-ass, I dunno, I wasn’t paying attention. Fuck him for a sec.

I found the spot again--that place where the ground was level and sure, a place I was gonna stamp as the official sparring ground if it wasn’t already. I snorted, leaning back and forth against opposite legs, fidgeting. There was so much I didn’t know, like logistic-wise; who was who, what was what, how was how, where was where. How was shit supposed to be done around here? What were the customs? The expectations? The names of shit? I needed to talk to Nyx, sit down and have an ass-to-ass honest chat with her, pick her brain cuz she’d been in this biz for awhile (I bet) and if there was anyone out there who could give me the rundown, it was her.

But first--

I started pacing, and from nowhere I belted out a loud, heavy whinny of HEY, COME HERE A SEC, and maybe it was rude for being wordless and nameless and using such a brusque, general command but I…

I didn’t know her name.

Her. That uh...girl. Woman(?). The one who responded to an asskicking with nothing but eagerness and silence. She’d bucked up when I needed and I appreciated the hell out of that, but she still ain’t said a word to me and I don’t know why. Even at the meeting, when I was named General (ugh I still get heebies thinking about it) she ain’t say shit to me about it. In fact, she’d looked a little pissed, like she was annoyed with something--but she didn’t speak up any about it, so I was left wondering just what the fuck I was missing, if something was missing, or what.

Fuck it. I’d told her already I was gonna come after her ass soon anyway--I wanted to fight all my warriors and I was true to my word--so if she had beef here was her chance to serve it up hot. And maybe give her name if she felt like it.

--
@Ru ! Maybe they can talk first before fighting? (Talk= Ros getting frustrated that Ru won't talk at her :C )

WC:342
0/3
0/1

Setting: Early afternoon, World's Edge. Overcast, even lighting, slight breeze. Ground only slightly soggy from melting snows.

image credits

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar

Ru had been hard at work.

The fruits of her labors rested scathingly in the form of a few new scars, pelting across her otherwise unblemished body. A nasty gash that had recently healed over Birdsong rested against her right shoulder, and narrowed across just above her elbow. Sending a lackluster view of skin that hardened, and, would eventually bleach with the arrival of summer.

The others are less notable; a bite mark that hides underneath her feathers along her neck, a few scratches against her rump. Those might heal, perhaps. However she is uncertain if she should hold them preciously like rare jewels to collect and marvel. She rather felt like trash, and she was scrambling to find something of value in the heap she found herself in.

She can imagine where she wants to be; to be strong, defiant, and hungry for the drive that might sustain her. But over the coarse of springtime, she felt… funny, and off. She had no desire to be impregnated, and yet, every now and then a whiff of something unveiled an almost macabre sensation that rattled her senses.

Far, far from the pleasantries of a girl frolicking in the meadows, fluttering her eyelashes to attract – males? Ru grunted and rolled her eyes.

In any case she would have creepily been the one, peeled to the shadows, tracking a scent and observing from a distance. Did it mean anything?

A cry into the air catches her ears instead, as she wanders the Edge. It’s a familiar voice, a commanding voice – and without further delay the winged mare decides to run off into the sky.

Ah – there was another thing. Every now and then, there were these strange lights that appeared out of now where. Was she losing it? Did she get knocked in the head during a fight? With a rattled growl of discontent she elevated into the sky. Catching sight of the stout, striking general, and circled once before landing ahead of the mare.

She made an easy landing; the soreness had since ebbed from her previous fights. Or perhaps she had simply gotten used to them? In any case, she let her voice cross the threshold between them in a curious trill. Some sort of, bird-like noise that cracked slightly, and sung out in a light tune.

The feathered woman – girl (she couldn’t make up her mind about that sometimes), approached Roskuld with a slight tilt to her head. Glancing afterwards, at the hoof trodden grasses that surrounded the immediate area around them.

Where was that thing? She wondered, that creature? It must have a name – maybe she just couldn’t remember it. But it wasn’t with the general, grappling at her butt or dangling off plaintively on the edge.

--

[0/3]
Words: 495

Image Credits

[ooc: bwaha! Let the confusion begin! ;P And yes, I don't mind a talk pre-spar <3
@Roskuld
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

The Present is a gift, and I just wanna Be
A slight tinge to the air was settling itself, a kiss of warmth that gently wafted in the breeze, a promise of summer descending on us quite soon. It was broken by a cool shadow flying above, and I squinted into the sky at the approaching warrior I’d called to action.

Should fly, I heard Chico say, and he came up from the fringes with a rabbit carcass hanging from his jaw, the fringes of his pale mane sticky and rus-colored with dried blood. He settled down on a stomach that was engorged and fat, smacking meat and bone between his teeth and watching me with heavily lidded eyes. Y’know, usual Saturday shit; he would probably be taking a nap soon. Should fly, he said again, catching me watch my soldier dance in the breeze, cuz Chico’s a lil shit head and he won’t let me drop a promise that I’d made him anyway, regardless of if I were busy or not. I pinned my ears at him, aiming a kick in his direction that did nothing but make him scoff and fart a little and go back to his lazy meal.

Anyway, the warrior landed, and she made noises at me that probably meant a greeting but still didn’t count as speech. I tossed a nod at her, giving my own greeting “‘Sup?” And then that’s when the awkward started.

Cuz I was gonna fight her. I wanted to fight her. I gave her a quick up-down with my gaze, noting again how...thick? Dense? That’s a better word--noting how dense she was, padded and built like a shit-brick house, someone who looked like they fought and itched to fight almost as much as I did. And her work ethic was proven time and time again, and I wondered sometimes why Tembo hadn’t handed her rank, and whether or not that was my call to make. I still had a Captain...somewhere...but I’d feel better if someone else official could run around where I couldn’t, and in the air no-less. (Maybe if ever fly…) (Shut UP Cheek)

But she still wouldn't talk--even now, when we were standing face-to-face--and it was driving me batshit and I didn’t know how to handle it. Like, usually in this situation I’d just avoid the person entirely, but I ain’t in a position to do that no more (not like I wanted to ignore her anyway, she interested me). But I was also in a position of responsibility, so I couldn’t just...just spew whatever I wanted at her willy nilly, like an idiot. But I was also uncomfortably aware of my position over her, and my ability to demand things, which bothered the shit out of me and even though I knew I could pull her name out of her lips with a command, I really, really didn’t want to. Not at this point.

“Uhh…” I stammered, losing the thread of my commanding presence; my “General” mask was slipping, and I was quickly resuming my role as village idiot as I tried to find a tactful way of showing my ignorance. I still wasn’t sure if her silence was due to beef, and I wasn’t trying to instigate. “How...uh...how’re these daaays? Smooth.

Wow.

Fantastic.

Got goosebumps.

--
@Ru

WC:540
0/3
0/1

"In ornare vitae leo eu volutpat."  
image credits

Mar

The light breeze tosses Ru’s head feathers in infrequent shudders. Her nearly pupiless eyes steady on her superior, waiting for something. Commands, information perhaps, or… a test? Ros had mentioned a patrol that one Frostfall day, when she gave out tasks – perhaps this was where they’d begin?

Sup?

Ru isn’t sure what to make of the greeting. In truth, she’s never heard the word ‘sup’ spoken out before. Her response is a combination of perplexed confusion, giving rise to the brow that lifts, and the low hum that seems to reflect her steady surprise. Was she expected to say something?

The thought of having to talk still sends an uneasy flattening of her crest. Her eyes skirt away from Ros’s roaming gaze, preferring to focus on the creature behind them. That bizarre animal with bat wings, and a tail she’s only able to recall seeing in the deserts; munching away on meat and sinew.

She swallows a sense of impending dread collecting at the back of her throat. Would the general cast her out of their ranks if she knew? Little, white lights seem to reflect her unease – casting tiny strands that flit in and out of existence.

The stammering reminds her she should be focused. And snaps her gaze back on brown and bright blue eyes. The lights that surround her cease all at once, as Ru presses her ears forwards.

“How...uh...how’re these daaays?”

The mare grunts without realizing she has. There is… something in the air between them that she had previously zoned out of. But the silences drag far too long for there to be a cordial mood, especially between two strangers. And that dread, that sick feeling of uncertainty – of childish hopes, preserved in legend and imagination hinge on this interaction going smoothly.

She decides to be honest for once, rather than shrugging off the question. The mare unfurls her wings, spreading them out like white and dusky sails embracing the full force of the wind. Tossing her head up into the sky, the sun – the heat and the warmth – these are all things that are dear to her. And she is content.  The mare exaggerates a big grin on her features, that perhaps – looks a little more menacing than usual, because she’s really trying hard to look ‘happy’. A little too hard.

Ru’s gusto flails, and quickly crashes as she snaps the limbs back into her sides. Shuffling awkwardly, and holding only a faint trace of the forced smile. She finally nudges her muzzle at Ros. Cooing out, in an attempt to deflect the question back at the general.

Image Credits

@Roskuld
Please Tag

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
Please remember to specify in all posts 0/3 or 1/3 for attacks, etc.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Maybe, if I were in a right frame of mind and was actually paying attention to what was happening and what she was trying to do, I would’ve understood. But I didn’t, cuz none of that was actually happening. More and more I was beginning to get wrapped up in something called self-doubt, and it was warping things, my perception, what I was watching her doing and how it related to me, that gave me the awful, twisted idea that she was mocking me.

It didn’t help that Chico was sitting there chuckling, this time at both of us, and refusing to clue me into the joke. Ridiculous, he said, smacking meat and skin and rabbit bone. Was he talking about me? Her? He wasn’t being clear and he knew he wasn’t being clear and he knew he was stoking the fires of my nervousness.

She reached out to me, offering…something, but I didn’t recognize it as an offer at all; I pulled my head back a little, keeping my distance, my brow furrowed unknowingly as I tried to comprehend what to do next. I was lost; totally wrongfooted. I didn’t know what to do or how to even juggle this situation or even what it was. All I knew was that someone wasn’t talking to me and it was deliberate and I wasn’t even sure if it was something I even needed to be upset over but I was and I didn't know why.

“I…” I stammered, trying to fix my confused, worried face into something more neutral, professional, “Uh…” If I only had her name, that would make this a lot less awkward. Maybe if I openly recognized her worth as a warrior, woudl that...clear up any of the murky water that surrounded us? Letting her know she was doing it? “You’ve...been kicking ass, y’know,” I said, unsure and hesitant, but trying to deliver this praise candidly, “I really appreciate the work you’ve been doing you….yooouuu….?” And it was a clear question, or maybe confession was the right word for it; an obvious prompt for a name I hadn’t learned before, even though she was one of the most valuable warriors I had.

-----
@Ru

WC:365
0/3
0/1

image credits

Mar

Her gesture flails into the open, doesn’t seem to make any connection as Ros keeps their distance. The general’s face pulls into a worrisome conglomerate of frowns. A background of thought appears to plague those eyes across from Ru, but they yield nothing. Only a tangible discomfort that permeates, and thickens the longer they stand across from one another.

This is where an inkling of fear starts to creep in Ru’s psyche. Where her smiles loosen to thinned, tight lines. And her eyes become reserved, and perhaps – even cautious as she steps back for a moment in her thoughts. Attempts to cool her rearing nerves, in order to approach Ros with a clear explanation that must be mimed or exaggerated.

Ears press forward as Ru wrestles how to respond more clearly. The stammering clearly highlights the current unease, and she wonders – if any mentions of approval will loose its light with this odd encounter. That she will be viewed as too weak, too broken to function properly in her determined role. But the thought remains abated. If it stands and breaks through, she isn’t sure how she’ll handle herself before her superior.

Hesitating, as Ros trails at the very end of her words, Ru gives a quiet sigh in an attempt to relieve the stress bottling up inside of her. She gives a quiet chirp, nudging her wing forwards to pluck a feather. The moniker is the easiest to assign her; there are several who seem to flock to it. And perhaps it will finally allow a successful attempt at communication.

Ru places the white feather between them, and steps on it. Casting her glaze steadily on Ros, sky bound eyes unflinching before she looks down at what she had offered. And as if to punctuate this action, she finally lends her voice with a rough, rust-toned exclamation.

“Ah!” Pawing once against its bottom quill tip. She clenches her jaws, simply because the attempt at filling the silence with her voice felt weak and simpleton, ugly, and inadequate. But it was inevitably who she was, and a brief, small part of her mind wondered why she did not embrace it more fiercely. Why she should hate the things she had no control over.

For now she doesn’t resume her gaze. Waiting to hear, instead, if Ros understood; or if she had something else in mind to get on to.

[0/3]
Words: 399

Image Credits

@Roskuld
Please Tag

I can only stay in this “careful, hesitating, quasi-professional” state of mind for so long; the strain of awkward and cluelessness was burning quickly from both ends, and my patience was wearing thin. She still wasn’t talking and I still didn’t know why, I mean, she could make noises with her mouth--why couldn’t those noises be words? Why was she clearly choosing not to talk to me?

So when she placed the feather between us, and stepped on it, I crossed my limit. I was already floundering at what was going on and how to fix it in a mature, calm manner, but this was a whole new thing I had to analyze with nerves that were well beyond frayed. Even so, my most basic assumption was that she was throwing a gauntlet in my face--I didn’t know what the feather meant, but she stepped on it, so it had to mean something--and seeing an obvious challenge being tossed at me, I couldn’t reel it in anymore. I snorted and tossed my head, cricking my neck from side to side, because I was done playing this dumbass game.

“Alright, fuck it,” I said, and my frustration was blowing out of me in heated waves as I squared the fuck up, “Fine, whatever, doesn’t matter. I dunno what your deal is but fuck it, you ain’t gotta say a word to me to be a good soldier.” I lowered my head, horn pointed squarely for her. “But you’re gonna tell me your name even if I gotta beat it outta you!”

With that, I charged with a snort, launching my stocky body forward, aiming to hit her head-on.

--
@Ru

WC:277
1/3
0/1

image credits

Mar

Roskuld’s voice sends an array of pins and needles into Ru.

She glances up with ears pinned back, head reared up, and eyes that remain guarded and as distant as the furthest day lit star. She shuffles in her spot, narrowing her eyes as the other begins to center their body directly across. The stocky mare scalds the air with their unease, reflected by the defensive thickening of Ru’s gaze. Defiance licks the youth’s eyes with a growing fire, especially as the general lowers their scabbard.

Ru’s fear has unraveled, and become reality. Breaking, crashing through – without a second thought the duo toned unicorn lunges after her. A ragged exhale forces itself through her nares, gripping onto wet ground to purchase a few strides. Ru doubts she’ll be able to gain much speed given their short distance from one another. So the youth turns to expose her left side for collision. Attempting to swing her haunches around, and –

Ru’s cry pulses out from her lips soundless, as the horn pierces through flesh. Followed by a gurgling noise trapped behind her throat. Along the posterior edge of her elbow, the shallow cut, twists away deepening as she carries her hind limbs around to face Roskuld. The cut trails along her left side, before she is released from it and sends a buck into the little ball of muscles behind the attack.  Aiming for Ros’s head or jugular.

Holding her breath she lunges forward as soon as her hind legs reach the earth. Each breath hurts from the wound. Makes it difficult to take in long drags of air, as Ru intends to turn about and face her challenger. Tears threaten to burst past the edges of her eyes, but they hold for the time being.

The harsh presence of pain adds fuel to the anger that presses fiercely from her heart. Tells herself to feed off of her wounds; but even thoughts now, are hard to comprehend in the heat of the moment.

With the intention of facing her opponent once more, the pegasi turns left to ram her chest into the unicorn’s ribs. While teeth snap out for their jugular. A sweet spot, intended to feel the full force of her jaws. It might not have been as severe as the cut, but it would certainly be just as painful – or so Ru felt compelled to think.

It would be silly to assume she might out gun the mare, considering their stature. And from the untold experiences the general may have had, Ru felt confident that she might posses just a little more endurance than her superior. Enough, hopefully, to outlast Roskuld’s gusto, haphazardly bottled by the frustration in the air.

In any case Ru had no choice but to fight.

And if that resulted in deadly injury, so be it.

She’d get through it – somehow.

Through every tightened, pain flinching gasp – and the hot, erupting sweaty mess of a spar, there was a beginning and an end.

--
[1/3]
Words: 498

Image Credits

@Roskuld
Please Tag

I felt bad at once.

We were so close, there was no way she had had the chance to anticipate my attack and try to counter it; pretty much as soon as I made the decision to attack her, I did, and I immediately drew first blood. I caught a glimpse at the grimace of pain that disfigured her features, but that’s all I got, a glimpse, cuz she was already turning around and I was already anticipating her flailing hooves. She wasn’t just gonna roll over and surrender to my terms, I guess; she was buckling down for the good fight. I could respect that.

What I couldn’t respect was where her hooves tried to fly; instead of flinging them at my chest, like I expected she would, they came at my fucking face, making me back up as quick as I could, scrambling to evade her blows. I was only half-way successful; one hoof missed me, grazing the air beside my cheek, but the other one caught me directly in the throatlatch, pulling a “GUK!” from me as my teeth clacked together. More than anything, though, the blow erased any and all guilt I had about this fight; a thick, hot wave of rage crept up my stomach, searing the pain in my throat.

I. Hate. Fucking. Head-shots.

As soon as her hind quarters started falling for the ground, I charged for her again, to close the distance between us. My face was a mask of fury, and it even felt like I was blowing fire the way I was snorting at her. NO FACE SHOTS, SOLDIER,” I roared, rearing up as I came upon her; she was twisting to face me, her shoulder coming around and narrowly missing me as I descended toward her. Her teeth, though, found me anyway, closing on my left elbow even as I aimed my own teeth for her wither with the force of my falling weight, to force her into a cruel submission after she’d used such a cheap shot; she was taller but I didn’t think she was that much heavier than me, and I was pissed anyways, so it ain’t like I was directly thinking about it in any case.
Chico had already cleared the area, knowing how wild it could get with battles like these; he’d flown to a nearby bough, smacking down his rabbit meat and paying close attention to our fight. From the way he saw her react to my blows, he was making a connection that I was too mad to make myself--and reflecting on the irony of it all, even if he wasn’t really sorry about it. If anything, it was at least entertaining.

--
@Ru

WC:451
2/3
0/1

image credits

Mar

Ru no longer celebrates the small victories. The punches and the kicks that manage to push through her opponent’s defenses. It’s a momentary, mind-tickling thought that adds wounds against a tally of successes and defeats. Thrust into the background of her mind, as she tries to anticipate her opponent’s next move.

It eludes her that she’s infuriated the other a second time. Perhaps she blamed Roskuld for her impromptu challenge, and the illogical circumstances for wanting to beat the shit out of her - for what, exactly? A damn name? There were no rules, no established guidelines – there was only instinct and emotion that fueled Ru’s actions. And the flame that burst within was allowed to consume the mare in a tactless, stubborn state.

When she hears Ros’ heated words, the woman let’s out a laugh. Careless, disheveled and nearly air squeaking as it pushed through her throat. If not for the mirth and the thoughtless amusement that followed with its sound, it may have slipped the spaces between them as a gasp.

Just about.

As the mare anticipated impact, having thrown her weight in the desired direction – the other rears. Ru’s teeth snatch the flesh of the opponent’s elbow, but she’s extended when the shortest of the pair begins their descent. With an ungracious, billowing snort – cut short by the pain striking against her side – Ru hurries to back herself up and out of the way. The white tips of primaries snap out, as if to balance her from the fall and the wet earth. But the short hurried steps, and soggy ground cause Ru to loose her footing at her hindquarters. Tripping backwards.

The space is tight, and there’s not enough time to avoid the collision of the shorter mare against her left shoulder. The general’s teeth snap where the weeping cut begins. Issuing a sharp, feral squeal, followed by the inevitable wing that punches out where Ros has purchased her teeth.

The pain travels along her side, and strikes quickly and sharply into her lungs, seizing her limbs for a brief moment. And like a child, she punches out at the noxious stimulus poisoning her blood, and erasing her civil inhibitions. For the sole reason to get away, and stop the wound from spreading its nefarious talons into her whole person. Inevitably that aim follows the source of the teeth, and teeth are consequently attached to a head.

With a heavy, warped groan – she presses her wings against her sides after the initial motion. And side steps to the left, hoping to angle herself along Ros’s right side; lunges from the power of her hindquarters and lifts her right fore to strike out against the general’s ribs.  

Gnashing teeth against the agony that ebbs with each large inhale.

--
[2/3]
Words: 461

Image Credits

@Roskuld
Please Tag

I could’ve handled it if she had sneered at me in derision after I barked at her about fucking head shots; I could’ve handled outright disdain, or any sort of condescension if remorse wasn’t the reaction she was willing to give.

But what a got instead was--laughter. She laughed at me, at the roar I was spewing at her, and it--shit got weird after that. Cuz she laughed and it caught me off guard and there was a twist in my gut and goddamn it I was fucking furious--

--but it didn’t feel like I was furious.

It--well, in short-hand, it felt like I was amused. Like I was gonna laugh myself at something so outrageously ballsy. And I wasn’t sure if I was handling my reaction well at all.

I didn’t have enough time to feel any sort of thing about it; my teeth landed where they needed to and I was having a field day with a mouthful of her flesh as a fuck you to her laughter. But I guess I was hurting her a bunch more than I anticipated, cuz she jerked away from me scrambling, her limbs trying to slap the fuck out of me once again, another goddamned head shot. I didn’t let it get that close; I backed away from her as soon as she tore from me, her hooves whistling in the air in front of me even as I stretched the distance between us, if only for a brief moment.

I hadn’t yet made the epiphany Chico had--so I was just sure that every movement she was making against me was out of spite, and more and more my own reaction to her was one of challenge and anger and that weird twinge that I wasn’t going to think about wasn’t going to think about wasn’t going to think about at that moment. I focused, instead, on how she was still coming in for a shot at me, lunging for my side in order to punish me the way I’d punished her.

Well, fuck it, I wasn’t gonna run either. Instead of backing away or retreating, I pivoted on my heel, my ass swinging to meet her approaching form; I felt a sharp rapping on my right hip, her blow torn somewhat from her intended target, and even though the shit hurt I was already moving anyway and I allowed the vast plane of my asscheek swallow the blow. I kicked out at her, and normally I would’ve made extra careful to make sure that my heels weren’t flying for her face--but at that moment I felt reckless and wild, and I let loose my hooves furiously, not “really thinking” about where they were actually headed.

It was around this time that Chico started debating on whether or not he should tell me.

--
@Ru Sorry for the wait!

WC:472
3/3
0/1

image credits

Mar

Her hoof escapes its intended target, for that of Ros’ meaty back end. Not the mare’s sensitive, rib ridged sides. The disappointment ricochets off Ru’s harried breath, as her ears fall back against a feathered skull. There’s about a 100% chance that those hooves will kick out at any moment – considering their proximity.

And who wouldn’t?

A throaty growl gurgles from the edges of her mouth, rearing up to avoid her head from the onslaught. Once more her wings snap about, remnants of blood tinged the left wing – carrying with it the brief waft of iron as it pulsed with a brief stroke.

Both hooves hit her chest with a dull thud. The woman exhaled out, and grimaced as her ribs contracted – inhaling prematurely with a large gasp. Leaving a severe bruise that would most likely impact the ease to move forward. It more than ached, it stung and tightened the muscles connected to her fores.

Ru was never one to give up, despite her circumstances. And perhaps this fight was done before it ever began, perhaps the same could have been said about her journey. Why bother struggling in the first place?

With peons embracing the air, she tossed her head and drove her forelegs down against Ros’s right hindquarter. More specifically the previous wound – intending to unfurl further damage. Not that the hindquarters were particularly vulnerable, but in this case at least she had more to work with.  

Whether or not the weight of her body made their mark, she continued onwards. Planting her feet at an angle from Ros, intending to place her body nearly side by side with the General. With one last hurrah, she bucked out at Ros’ right side. Gingerly forcing her forelimbs to embrace the weight, and revering the brief reprieve awarded by the return of her hind limbs. But each movement was stiff, and everywhere hurt – and she felt like she could give up, except she couldn’t.

Not when her spirit burned, and her eyes danced with wildfire.

She whipped her tail as she put distance between them. And turned sharply to face the electric daughter – breath heavy, sides quivering as the pain followed each inhale. Her mouth was agape as she glanced back.

The fear, the worry that she’d experienced moments before they started brawling had all but vanished. It was as though her defiance had all but cleared the possibility of rejection. She couldn’t run away from these things, or hide or submit. It was who she was, and despite how badly she wanted to change – Ru felt compelled to defend everything that she had worked for.

And how far she had gone.

--

[3/3]
Words: 443

Image Credits

@Roskuld   :: no problem! <3 Thanks for the spar!
Please Tag

Boom--got ‘eem. I felt my hooves hit flesh and I heard the breath literally whoosh out of her, and the hot throb from my blood was the garish, savage response to it. Fuck with me if you wanna. And even though I hated it, there was still the brutish hope that I’d at least made her teeth click.

The fight still flowed on, and there was no stopping us; it was like a tide pulling us through the motions--we’d lost the control of it, the decision of it, and now all of it was just it’s natural response. She stomped down on me, catching me right on the quarter that was already bruised and throbbing--and she did it not because she chose to, but because it was the natural thing to do. And I growled and stumbled in my step, not out of anger--it was just what you did when you got beat the fuck up like that. I lurched forward even on a leg that was pulsing with deep muscle pain cuz I knew I was open for another hit, what with the way she was angled around me; I scrambled away, just in time to feel the air whoosh from hooves that she’d thrown at me. Just missing them.

I snorted and angled myself towards her, my ears pinned as I watched her face me in turn. It didn’t occur to me that we were getting towards the end of our spar. I’d forgotten my duty in calling her here and the anger that’d inspired the first hit; at this point my blood was boiling too much from the sheer excitement and frustration, and now she was looking at me and there it was, that same fever that was pounding in my chest, and it felt like a great rusty coil was poised to spring inside me as I lowered my horn, my body bunched to charge at her despite the sting from my throat, the throb on my elbow, and the growing pain in my leg. With a snort, I dug into the ground, launching myself straight at her, aiming my horn right at--

Can’t talk.

Wha--I’d already started moving, so the skidding stop was super awkward and did nothing to help the flashing heat in my right asscheek. The HELL are you talking about? I asked, furious with Cheek, cuz even though my body understood his words by some instinct, my head was still too lost in the sauce to catch up. I was just wondering why the hell he’d said something to me to break my concentration like that.

Her, can’t talk, he explained again from where he was. I couldn’t see him; I was still seeing red, and I looked around wildly until my eyes rested on her, my breath heavy as I narrowed my eyes to look at her closely. Can’t talk? What the hell did he--

---

WC:484
3/3
1/1

Lovely fight my friend! Continuation here!

I like it when you call me Big Poppa.
image credits

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
20+ HP gap, Roskuld defeats Ru. Roskuld earns 1VP, Ru earns 1 EXP
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode