the Rift

[OPEN] on the brightside [gathering/birthing]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
After helping Nyx for a short time, the gilded mare returned to the scene in search for Tembovu. Her sides were swollen and heavy, and the small amount of work she had done with the silvered mare of the Edge had already caused a small amount of sweat to darken the golden patches of her skin. She needed a small break, and what better than to find where the Elephant King had gone? A little bit of small talk always seemed to keep her mind off of the inevitable soreness of her joints, and Tembovu always seemed to know the right things to say.

She danced off toward the location where she thought him to be, Marembo skittering across the ground under the hooves of many others in search for the leader and his wrinkly grayed companion. He was swift and quiet, faster than Rexanna was in this particular moment, and for that she was grateful. She at least wanted Tembovu around, if for nothing else but company. Besides, the pain that she felt in her joints weren’t only her issue. After all, it took two to tango. And Tembovu had been her dance partner those many moons ago.

Rexanna finally decided to pause in her small search, leaning on a nearby tree for added support, her oceanic gaze dancing across the earth for anything that could help Kisamoa’s cause. She didn’t find much, but she did manage to find a decaying branch (probably a bit too big from what she could actually carry in her state, but she was stubborn) and took her front left hoof around it to pull it closer to her. Her head lowered and jaw opened to bite into the branch to try and stand it up onto the tree she had been leaning on to try and make it more manageable. A gruff sigh escaped her lips with the action, as a small amount of pain began to billow in her stomach. It was a pain that was a bit too familiar to the mare – but against her better judgement she continued to pass it off as nothing more than normal soreness. She’d help Kisamoa get the job done, regardless of the life brewing within her.

"Rex talks!"
rexanna & tembovu
I wish I had done everything on earth with you.
image || coding

@Tembovu and open! (Rex is gonna give birth to little Safiri in this thread, I'm assuming the next post so we'd like to keep it limited until the babe is actually born! Then you all can go hard ;)
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
rexanna & tembovu
But please remember me, my misery;
and how it lost me all I wanted —
After exchanging some (disturbing) news with the Devoted, the Elephant King naturally and instinctively drifted towards his (very) pregnant Rexanna. Though she was searching for him, he had never, truly, let her out of his sights. He stilled for a moment, simply enjoying the sensation of watching her; watching the heavy sway of her swollen sides with each step of her delicate, black-stockinet legs. The sway of her thick tail about her now-abundant hips; the searching glances of her cerulean gaze beneath the glittering gold chains. Searching for none other than him.

A lopsided grin crossed his pale muzzle at the thought, watching his gilded mate lean against a tree. Slowly, he began to start towards her—a slow walk that turned into a brisk jog just as his grin creased into a disapproving frown. What was Rexanna doing with that log tree?! It was far to big, a hefty load for even the Elephant King, let alone a heavily pregnant, slender Rexanna!

His ears tilted back in annoyed displeasure as he quickly approached her swollen side. Mpenzi, what are you doing?” was his deeply rumbled objection, “Stop, this tree is too large, and you are too heavy with our child.” And, with that, he attempted to move the log himself, stopping Rexanna from doing so. Gods all help him, though, for one should never get in the way of a pregnant woman.
My dear, but if I make the Pearly Gates
I’ll do my best to make a drawing of God and Lucifer,
a boy and girl,
An angel kissin’ on a sinner.
image | table

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

She wasn’t as good at keeping track of her surroundings anymore, it seemed. She was completely oblivious to Tembovu’s gaze watching her as she tried to manage the tree, and Marembo was awful at his job as well as he seemed to run in the complete opposite direction of the Elephant King. As she began to push the branch onto the tree, the swiftness of Tembovu caught her off guard. “Oh – I didn’t know you could move that fast, my love.” She teased, as his concerned words reached her ears. They flickered in a slight annoyance, and she laughed it off quietly.

I think I can handle it.” She admitted, perhaps a bit sheepishly as she went to try and move it once again – but she was stopped as Tembovu’s head reached around to stop her from moving the branch. Immediately, her brows lifted and she gave a look to Tembovu that nearly screamed ‘you’re kidding me, right?’ Did he think she couldn’t handle a simple log? (Though in all fairness, it was too large, but she wouldn’t admit it.) And suddenly, as she tried to push her pregnant body against Tembovu’s massive size, a sharp pain continued to grow even larger in her belly.

Oh – Oh, no.” She admitted, backing away from her lover’s side and away from the tree and the log. The pain began to grow in spurts, with even shorter times between each rippling pain. “It’s happening!” She offered a wide grin as her eyes searched for Tembovu’s. Another pang of pain caused her to carefully lower her protesting, swollen body to the earth. She left herself open for Tembovu to help in any way possible, in any way he saw fit while she did the job of giving birth to their child.

Pain rippled through her stomach yet again and sweat glistened off her gilded coat. She measured her breaths, having been used to the action now. This would be her fourth birth, and out of all of them, none of them were as troubling as the first one. She only hoped it continued to get better from here on out. After quite some time, she felt relief as the child was born. She heaved her breaths, doing her best to stay as calm as she could during the process, but worried if anything had gone wrong. Out of all of her births, this was the first one that had a witness. Her eyes sought Tembovu’s for a moment as she lifted herself toward the child, aiming to clean the baby.

It was a girl, and she was beautiful. Gilded skin in an almost mirrored pattern of Tembovu’s and her own, with the most beautiful black markings sliding across her face. But something seemed wrong. And worry grew further and even further as she began to nose the little girl. She began to clean the filly, to clear her nose and everything else, and yet something still didn’t seem right. She looked to Tembovu frantically, with a pleading look in her eyes to help, or find someone who could. At least the child was breathing; however small amount it was.

"Rex talks!"
rexanna & tembovu
image || coding

@Safiri omgg this got so long ;-; long story short, saf has been born <3 but she has a heart problem and isnt breathing very well!

Safiri Posts: 18
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 14hh :: 6 months
Haki :: African Wild Dog :: Paralyze dark
safiri

It had begun with a tremor; a beating of gentle wriggles that in time became vibrant drummings. Why Safiri rattled the bars of her ocean of warmth and love was something explained by biology and naught else - the ivory bairn would have stayed there in that sea forever if she could.

Oblivious to the world she would momentarily meet and the life that was beginning, the fawn clung to the remnants of her sea; the blanket of love and shrouds of comfort that had been her home for as long as she knew. The creature knew nothing of her current predicament and could only flock to natures beckoning.

Blinded by a piercing ammount of light the babe shut her eyes with force upon her first glance at the world, and not long after she had spilled from her mother in a great tangle the perplexed, diaphonous bundle began to test her heavy limbs.
Lifting her head was hard - in fact it was impossible for the time being, especially while her breaths came in great heaves and all she could hear was the pulse of her own heart. Safiri did not know it of course, but this was not normal.

A pale eye twitched through the verdant colours around her, all the while her velveteen mouth remained agape. The fragile creature truly struggled to keep up with her own breathing, each of her legs remaining still and silent as she lay flat on the earth.

Hardly any time passed at all until the bundle of colours and stripes noticed the faces crooning down from above. One held a countenance as fierce as a tiger's and the other as kind as a doe - one thing was for certain though; Their eyes would forever remind her of her ocean, her sanctuary and the endless love that was born from it.
Instantly the little one adored them and wished to be nearer.  While it caused her great discomfort to the point she was nearly gasping for air, Sarifi would not let it sepparate her from them and continued her wriggling efforts upwards, her legs splaying and nostrils flaring.

a wind in the shadow, a whale song in the deep

coding: © x

@tembovu @rexanna

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
rexanna & tembovu
But please remember me, my misery;
and how it lost me all I wanted —
A rough snort pushed out his nostrils as Rexanna sheepishly claimed that she could ‘handle’ the gigantic tree she was attempting to move. And then, as his thick neck moved to block her further attempts to move, the ferocious look on her face made him instantly regret his attempts to corral his very pregnant mate…but only partially, as he was as set on protecting her and the precious cargo in his barrel as she was on moving the blasted tree.

His black-rimmed ears tilted back, lips setting slightly in a firm line as he placed his heavy bulk to brace against her very pregnant body pushing incessantly against his (but not too braced as to not hurt her). “Rexanna—” he began, low voice laced with exasperation. But he was cut off from his (attempted) reasoning with the stubborn, pregnant woman by her words.

“Oh – Oh, no.”

Those words struck a cold note of fear into his chest. His head drew up, brows knitted together in concern, eyes that had been light with playfully serious exasperation suddenly darkening with worry as they raked over every inch of her body—what was hurt? What was wrong?

Though she offered a wide grin with her words (‘Happening’? What is happening, mpenzi?”), it did little to mitigate the Elephant’s misgivings; nor did he realize what was “happening” until Rexanna began to slowly lower her body to the earth. His eyes widened, a loud snort of shock reverberating from his barrel and out his nostrils.

Their foal. It was coming. And he was there, with her. He would be there for the birth.

With a powerful, adrenaline-fueled kick, he cleared away the offending, large log that had started this whole mess. His ears swiveled around, listening for others (though, truthfully, there was some Dorobian part of him that was still listening for the predators of the plains). He wanted this moment for just them, and there were so many bodies milling around the Rotunda with Kis’s call.

Using his great body as shield from where the bulk of others had gathered (although they were far off through the woods), his head dropped to Rexanna’s side. His lips brushed away the sweat-slicked tendrils of mane from her neck; he cleared her face of bedraggled strands of forelock. Quietly, deeply, he murmured soft words of encouragement while she pushed. Not because she needed them, but because he wanted to share this moment with her. He had not been there for the birth of their twins. But, for this child, he would be.

The moment a body breached past Rexanna’s pushing, his muzzle was there. Perhaps a different stallion would recoil or avoid the messiness of birth; but the Elephant King was to awed by the new life of his child. A broad grin crossed his muzzle, “She is beautiful,” was his low, hoarse murmur to Rexanna. Afterbirth stained the pale coat dark, but there was no denying the delicate beauty of the girl’s new life.

But not all was well, as his perked ears and traveling nose (bumping numerous times into Rexanna’s as the new mother cleaned their filly). There was something wrong.

Her heart raced, far faster than any other foals’. And her breath, it lagged, far slower than any others newborns’. His alarmed navy gaze met Rexanna’s, and it was only the pleading in her gaze that allowed him to grasp his mounting panic with cold, controlled resolve.

“Mbwene, Marembo, help. Go,” was his urgent command of the two companions, sending them to find any healer that may be near.
My dear, but if I make the Pearly Gates
I’ll do my best to make a drawing of God and Lucifer,
a boy and girl,
An angel kissin’ on a sinner.
image | table

@Rexanna and AHHHH FINALLY BABY @Safiri !! :D <3

Any healers that wanna pop in?! Feel free to PP Mbwene finding/bossing you over!

Please tag Tembovu.

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

She’s been mostly staying in the Edge during Birdsong, knowing it’s that time of year when she’s needed to check on births and keep on eye on the children. Like clumsy Gawen, who is less clumsy now, but who’s been healed on numerous occasions from plenty of falls. She still remembers the chunk of leg he’d taken out of himself on one particularly nasty fall, the scar that even the Goddesses magic had left behind.

But like nearly everyone else in Helovia, she was out helping Kisamoa. They’d been trying to get the bones back to Kisamoa from the Endless Blue when Lyanna heard the somewhat familiar sound of an elephant trumpeting. Her ears prick immediately, knowing of only one elephant in Helovia. Though there could be more, she assumes it’s likely Mbwene, and soon enough, the little elephant comes thundering into view.

It’s immediately obvious something is wrong. Lyanna gives quick nod to her companions, but nothing more. They know she’s a healer, and certainly Glasgow could explain her sudden departure, because Lyanna is already running with Mbwene as fast as the two of them can get through. This would be the day that there are piles of debris littering the ground.

But soon enough, the familiar form of Tembovu comes into view, Rexanna on the ground at his side. The girl is still on the ground, though she’s moving, which is a good sign. But as Lyanna comes closer, it’s clear the girl isn’t breathing right. “Tembovu, Rexanna,” she says, though it’s not a greeting. “Is there anything you can tell me?” Other than the obvious breathing.

Lyanna doesn’t actually wait for their reply though. She’s already at the little girl’s side as well, her face calm and her eyes kind like always, though she moves in a brisk manner. “Aren’t you beautiful,” she says to the girl by way of greeting, trying to make sure the little girl will let her near enough to try and figure out what’s going on. Trying to make sure the girl doesn’t panic as the wind brings with it the familiar dark mist of the Moon’s healing magic.

She listens for any reply Rexanna and Tembovu make while the mist rolls in, letting the magic do its' job better than she ever could, focusing on the lungs and anywhere else the girl’s parents suggest. When she is done, the mists roll away, and Lyanna can only hope it’s enough to ease whatever problem the girl is facing. In truth, she hopes it’s enough to cure it altogether, but she doubts it. This seems likely to be some sort of defect, though she doesn’t yet know. She just wanted to make sure the girl was breathing better before wasting anymore time.

She turns back to Tembovu and Mbwene, addressing both and asking permission at the same time. “If there are other healers, it might be beneficial to bring them as well?” Because she’s not sure knows enough, not sure she can rely on herbs and magic alone. There’s still so much she needs to learn. Then her attention shifts to Rexanna, asking, “How are you feeling?” There was no outward cause for alarm with Momma, but Lyanna wanted to make sure. Even as she asks though, her gaze keeps flicking back to the filly, trying to see what symptoms, if any, remain.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Tembovu, @Rexanna, and @Safiri - I couldn't resist. I tried to make sure I left room for everyone to be like "I don't like this", but if something came off a pp please let me know and I will edit!

Also other healers are totally welcome - Lyanna would love it. :)

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Everything had happened so fast, that the fear that struck within her heart continued to grow. The seconds felt like minutes as Marembo followed Tembovu’s orders and ran off with Mbwene. While Rexanna worked to try and clear all the airways of their beautiful filly, she paused while Tembovu’s gaze landed upon her. Everything seemed to slow and panic continued to grow in her mind. Then, suddenly, a healer was there asking questions. At first Rexanna tried to find the answers but nothing immediately came out.

She’s having trouble breathing.” She finally said after a few seconds of fighting back flashbacks of her first child. His pale, still body. At least the child was breathing, as difficult as it may be for her. Rexanna’s ears wavered nervously as she watched Lyanna move swiftly to the filly’s side. The words Lyanna spoke weren’t relieving, but it was nice to hear. And while she watched with wide blue panicked eyes, surprise began to grow in her as well. She had forgotten the magic of the Moon Goddess when it came to healing – only having experienced it once when Alysanne was with her at her last birth.

Rexanna remained quiet while Lyanna worked, her head resting against the ground after a bit, still panicked but knowing that if something were to happen Tembovu would be the first to say something. And so she allowed the Elephant King the time to speak while she searched his face for any signs of what might be occurring. And when Lyanna was finished and turned her attention to herself, the gilded mare offered her a small smile. “I’m okay. More worried about her than anything else really.” She admitted, lifting her head to gaze upon her new child, waiting to see what might happen.

"Rex talks!"
rexanna & tembovu
image || coding

SHORT AND AWFUL I APOLOGIZE ;-; <3 @Tembovu