the Rift

[OPEN] [SWP Clearing]

Amalrik Posts: 12
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 1 year
Tamme
Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are gone
Amalrik sauntered toward the crowds on the beach cleaning up and clearing, and he sighed. The water thing (god it was so fucking ugly), told them to clean up the beach. Why he couldn't do it himself, he didn't know. Normally, he would stand to the side and watch, but peer pressure was so very real. He would have to do this and hopefully some hot young thing like Oizys would see him working and find admiration in his physique.

The young stallion saw Ellie nearby too and made a slight face. His little cousin was sweet and precious, but she could also be a buzzkill. Still, she needed to loosen up and get the gigantic stick out of her butt. Ellie was too much like her mother that way. Amalrik yelled at her to come over and they started their own pile, tossing leaves and sticks on top. "You got this, Ells?" he asked her kindly.

For all of his blustering and asshole behavior, he was a sweet kid on the side, and he absolutely adored his baby cousin. Even when he was smirking in his wicked, bad boy kind of way, his eyes softened like golden honey when they landed on Ellie. He as definitely different than his father - better even.

Please tag me in every post

Eleanor Posts: 15
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 6 months
Miranda :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath Tamme
City made of thin glass
Smoldering in pitch black
Eleanor had listened to the words of the water beast - who seemed so kind and genuine- and she was eager to get started. But, when she wandered onto the beach, she found herself very alone. The adults, so tall and determined, worked steadily, and she was shy. Crippled by her inability to join another group, she simply stood until a familiar voice yelled at her from over the crowd. Amalrik. Ellie smiled and ran over to her cousin, glad that he had pulled her from her shell.

Together, they worked to make a pile, and even Miranda, her little black dragon, helped. The small, scaled creature scampered between their legs carrying mouthfuls of seaweed and sticks, and Ellie worked on somewhat larger quarry. Once they had done quite a bit, she paused and looked up into her cousin's sweet eyes. He could be an asshole, but in moments like this, together, he was hers. Her Amalrik. Her cousin - like another brother.

"Yeah, I am good, Amal," she said softly, wanting to embrace him but also not wanting to embarrass the boy at all. Instead, she took a deep breath and then started back at collecting again. From the looks of this beach, they had a long way to go.

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd
tarik
What doesn't kill me better run.

For someone who didn't have any real interest in assisting Kisamoa, the viking-man had done a great deal of work towards helping him reach his goals. Though that was likely because the only way that he could lounge around the beach in peace was to help those nearby with their tasks so that they would go away.

Today however, would not be like the rest though.

Today, lady fortune was apparently making an appearance.

Although Tarik and Ralik's ship had inadvertently crashed near one of Helovia's shores, the duo (nay, trio, counting Huldra), had not been too put off by this poor turn of events. After all, despite Tarik's long (and rather terrible memory), he thought that he recalled one of his kin taking a band of bachelors and heading south. Helovia was a likely place for Ulrik to have found, and ever since Tarik had landed here himself, he'd been on the look out for his distant cousin. Or nephew. Or ... well, whatever he was. They were related somehow, even if Tarik couldn't quite remember how. Immortality will do that to you.

But they were men of the North, and it didn't matter how diluted their blood relation was. Blood was blood.

So as his sea-blue stare found the filly and the colt, he immediately took interest. Both bore horns that, while potentially coincidental, were more aptly chalked up to some sort of indication of their lineage.

"Eager to help the sea-man, I see." Tarik called to them, laughter sparkling like waves in his sea-blue stare. His words were punctuated by his thick northern accent, but sounded amicable enough.

Esinakh Posts: 48
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: 2 HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sachi :: Plain Rougarou :: Water & Flame smitty
esinakh
Ears, one white and dark grey rimmed, flickered around nervously. Though she was inclined to help clean (cleanliness was the best, after all), she was not entirely sold on actually handling the filth. So, with hesitant wing beats, she hovered over the foamy shore, pale eyes wide and uncertain as they repeatedly scanned up and down the beach.

She found that the beach (and the disgusting, hateful sand) was much more manageable now that her small, long-feathered wings could support her in sustained flight. The sound of voices, young voices, wafted up to her low flight above the waves, bringing her bleached eyes jerking to the two foals that hovered around a pile of refuse. A shudder ran through her small, grey, barred body at the sight— filth. But, there was a redeeming quality about the pile: the surrounding area was now free of litter.

Hesitantly, her wings of varying whites, greys, and blacks beat closer to the pearly white filly and dark bay colt. She paused once in flight at the appearance of another—her airborne body hovering as her head cocked slightly at his accent. Wan eyes studied him closely, interested in the tattoo that marked his shoulder. Though it was not symmetrical, there was something clean about the lines that did not entirely irk her, like other markings did.

So, daintily, she landed—giving the pile a wide birth. With painstaking care (almost fearfully), she kicked an old oyster shell towards the growing pile. “Esi help?” her quiet, small question came on a hushed voice, body quivering once as the gnarled mollusk’s roll came to a halt amid the seaweed and sticks.
vod chafaan
dust to the wind

@Amalrik

Please tag Esinakh.

Amalrik Posts: 12
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 1 year
Tamme
Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are gone

Amalrik was glad that Ellie was doing okay, and he smiled at her before hearing the deep, familiar accent of a stranger. He furrowed his brows, the smile slipping from his lips as if it had never been there in the first place. The colt turned, angling his body in front of his cousin's on instinct, and he swept his gaze over the larger stranger. He was thickly built and sported a beard like Torleik's and horns like his cousin's. Even the marking on his shoulder rang true somewhere deep in his bones.

The colt turned his head to the side curiously and swept his lion tail around his hocks. For whatever reason, the stranger's laugh didn't immediately piss him off, and he shrugged a little. Amalrik looked to his cousin and then back at the stranger. "Uh yeah, figured it'd be a good idea, regardless," he muttered. "Who are you? My name is Amalrik," he offered, wondering what it was about this stranger that was so familiar.

I mean, it was ridiculously uncanny. Did Ellie see it too? He shot her a brief look.

Then, another arrived - a dark colored pegasus with horns, and he nodded to her. "Yeah, you can help," he said, picking up a bigger log than he probably should have to show off.

Please tag me in every post

Eleanor Posts: 15
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 6 months
Miranda :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath Tamme
City made of thin glass
Smoldering in pitch black

Eleanor watched the familiar stranger approach and looked out from behind her cousin's shoulder. Their horns were almost the same! And he looked like her father except for the pretty brown hues and the white splash marking on his chest. She smiled up at him while Amalrik spoke as if he wasn't interested (which he was). "Oh, we are happy to help!" she said softly. Miranda cooed from behind her horn.

"My name is Eleanor. Amalrik and I are cousins." Ellie then continued to work until a pretty winged girl showed up, and she smiled warmly. "Don't mind Amalrik. He's grumpy," she said, rolling her eyes when she watched her stupid boy cousin dragging a huge log. "Your name is Esi? Mine is Ellie!" she exclaimed, walking toward a bigger log. "Can you help me with this?"

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd
tarik
What doesn't kill me better run.

"Let me help you with that." Tarik immediately offered as the horned boy began moving a log that would likely pull a muscle in his neck or back, rather than getting the attention of the winged girl who had shown up.

Tarik didn't mind terribly. If she and this Amalrik were cousins, then why did she not share their characteristic ik naming convention? Had custom been watered down so much that a pretty name was deemed more important than family history? She was a pretty enough girl, and would likely grow into a beautiful woman. She could deal with an ugly name.

Then again, Tarik was fairly stuck in his ways on matters such as these.

"I am Tarik." He responded, voice still somehow charming despite the fact that he smelled of the sea and look as though he still might be slightly hung over. Which, was not untrue. With a grunt, he helped shove the log out of the way, causing the beads in his mane to gently clack together. "Tell me Amalrik. In this land of winged children and short-haired men, how is it that there is hair coating your chin and stomach?"

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Lightning strikes every time she moves

I came running cuz there were men around my baby sister and I felt some type of way about that.

Like...okay, most of them were kids. Well, one of them was. The other one was a grown ass man with ink and a powerful smell that was familiar and not all at the same time, but that reminded me of a drunken night not too long ago and that was a weird association to make between my sister and stuff. I wasn’t approving.

So I rolled up, and I cast an eye over the scallywag and the other kids who’d turned up; one of them the child of my sergeant (though I didn’t know it), the other with features that seemed familiar, but I couldn’t place for some reason. They reminded me of the cold, though, of something far in the north that I found endearing, but I couldn’t put my tongue on it.

Whatever. They were cleaning up and I guess that’s what I was gonna have to do. But I wanted to make it a little spicier than that, especially seeing all the demure faces of the girls there. I snorted, coming up to my Sis and saying with a devilish gleam in my eye, “C’mon, let’s show them how hard girls can roll,” I cast a look at the other filly there, somewhat shy and reserved, “betchu we can run circles around ‘em, yeah?”

Chico
and Roskuld
image credits

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Esinakh Posts: 48
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: 2 HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sachi :: Plain Rougarou :: Water & Flame smitty
[quote='Esinakh' pid='196473' dateline='1485044568']
esinakh
A white-rimmed ear flicked back in uncertainty at the brusque, off-hand answer the richly chocolate colt gave her. Pale eyes widen even more (if possible) as she regarded him—her unease deepening has he started moving a ginormous (at least to Esi) log towards the pile. Thoroughly daunted, the strange girl began to quiver, feathers fanning in preparation to flee— that was, until the pearly grey and blush tinted filly turned sweetly towards her.

“Ellie?” The strangling filly hesitantly parroted the other girl’s name, pale eyes creasing slightly with a tentative smile crossing her dainty, white-marked lips. Bleached eyes linger on her un-matched eyes and uneven, white marking—before jerking towards the foul-smelling, strangely accented man as he spoke to the gruff colt.

Watching the two males work on the over-sized log, the grey filly shuffled towards the (even larger) log that Ellie had begun move towards. Warily, as if the thing would eat her, she began to slowly nudge the driftwood towards the pile—

Though she nearly jumped out of her skin as yet another appeared and spoke with so much laid-back ease to her that a frisson of envy pierced her tiny chest. Though it was easily overrun by the warmth the grey filly felt towards at the Sparklight’s friendliness, “Not run. Esi fly circles,” was her corrected agreement to the demigoddess—although a new happiness and assurance now infused her body, face, and quiet voice.
vod chafaan
dust to the wind

Please tag Esinakh.

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark

Aelfwine

Aelfwine had been late trying to find a group to join for the clearing, but that didn’t mean it stopped her. She had gathered a couple of little items on her search, a few bones and dead things she planned on bringing back to Kisamoa as she cleaned. Her cloven hooves made quick work of the job, and she found it easy to hold onto the tiny items as she made her way around. If she gathered too many, she made a trip back to the main pile, but it had soon grown exhausting.

The dappled doe had been in the process of returning to the pile as she walked along Endless Blue until a vaguely familiar voice caught her attention. Her heavy antlered head swiveled and spotted a filly she had met previously in the Meadow, the frightened and young one who didn’t know how to get home or find her brother. Quickly, she glanced around to see if her brother was here too, but alas to no avail. Instead, she found a variety of those she hadn’t met before.

Intrigued, she trotted over toward the group, offering them all a brilliant smile. “Hello!” Her voice rang out to all of them as her emerald gaze landed on Esinakh. “And hello again to you, Esi.” She offered a gentle smile as she looked upon the large log Esi and another were standing around. “I can help too, if you’d like?” She tilted her antlered head, a smile sticking to her greyed face.

Roses hang like paintings of you
Oh, How beautiful you are

Pattern Credits || Pattern Credits || Image Credits

:D

Arakh Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17'2hh :: 2 HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

"Esi!"

The boy's hearty boom rings out as he lands, ungainly, upon the sand. His limbs move faster than his body can follow and he almost falls, but just manages to stay on all fours whilst desperately hauling his wings close to his sides. He'd seen his sister amongst the crowds, in the sand, and it set his heart to pounding with anxiety. Would she be okay alone? Would she have one of her moments?

He staggers towards his twin, ignoring the others and blundering blindly to her side. Only when he's pressed close to her does he allow himself to relax. "Is Esi okay? With....sand?" He whispers the last word as though it is an obscenity. She seems okay, though, moving a log alongside another filly and a woman, and Arakh wonders if he has been hasty, overprotective. Should he accept that maybe she can look after herself? Maybe he is ruining her chance at friendship with her sudden reappearance, cramping her style in his brotherly way.

Slightly embarrassed, the colt shuffles towards the log that Amalrik and the large stallion are moving. "Arakh help," comes his accented voice, pressing one large shoulder against the log to help move it.

ARAKH

[ ARAKH ]

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow

Like the helpful little soul she is, Oizys is clearing and gathering her ass off recently. She is determined to collect and clear as much as she physically can in order to earn Kisamoa's favour and, more importantly, his goodies. That leads her to the beach once again, Ker gliding loyally by her side.

She soon reaches a gathering of others, mostly foals with a few adults who look like designated childminders. Amongst them is Amalrik, who receives a fully-fledged grin from the scar-faced filly and a suggestive wiggle of her eyebrows. "Fancy seeing you here," she addresses him cheerfully, whilst casting a furtive glance over to the other filly who always seems to be around him. Having arrived too late to learn that she is his cousin, Oizys assumes she's a loved-up girl who - to put it bluntly - wants some Amalrik dick in her life. Who can blame her? He's a hottie, but there's more than enough of him to go around.

The gargoyle's stony gaze hardens as it lands upon Arakh and Esinakh. Ugh, why must the brats be here? As if stealing her mother's attention in the first place wasn't enough, they then had the audacity to bugger off to the Throat and leave Oizys to look after their manic depressive dam, which has only served to solidify their older sister's scorn towards them. Still, she can't let that show, so she approaches Esinakh and the other ladies with her attempt at a friendly grin in place. "Have Team Girl Power got room for another member?"

Without waiting for a response, the yearling lends her strength to the logs that the other women are trying to move.

O I Z Y S
I'M NOT A HERO, I'M A LIAR
I'M NOT A SAVIOUR, I'M A VAMPIRE
image credits

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS