the Rift

[DROP] bird droppings [Royal SS Drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The yeti waited with very little patience until a big enough crowd had gathered to satisfy his needs. The more of these small creatures that showed up, the more likely he would be to gain something of value. Anything would be better than this nest and the egg that were currently sitting atop his head. His eyes searched the faces of all those who had gathered - and scoping out the items that they brought with them. A few shiny pieces here and there, certainly, and more than a few that his paws were itching to reach out and snatch away. But you had to be careful with these horse creatures - they liked to think they owned the place so you had to speak very clearly to them and not startle them into one of their annoying swarms.

It was Ilios that asked the question. The only question that really mattered and the only think that the yeti responded to with more than a blink of his gigantic eyes. His thunderous voice boomed out from his mouth - revealing the sharp canine teeth hidden in that furry, monstrous face. “MY ITEMS HAVE BEEN STOLEN FROM ME. THREE ITEMS IN FACT.” The Yeti pounded at the ground with one of his enormous fists three times, causing tremors in ground beneath the hooves of those gathered. His anger was obvious but he made no move to stand up or go towards them. Not just yet. “I SEEK REPLACEMENTS, FOR WHICH I WILL PAY A PRETTY PRICE. FIRST, I DESIRE A CROWN. A PROPER ONE.” He roared again, chunks of spit flying off at each and every ‘p’ that was perfectly pronounced, spraying more than a few Helovians.

“BRING ME ONE, TINY PONS.”

----------

The Yeti seeks a crown to replace the one that has been stolen from him! Use anything at your disposal to make one to please him.

Note: any items your character has that are used to make the crown will be returned to them at the end of the drop

You have 72 hours to reply.
Random Event
Image Credit

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia was not visibly daunted by the tone of the creature's voice, nor of the way it pounded the ground causing it to reverberate. Instead, she listened with the patient curiosity of one who was not afraid.

Why anyone would want a crown, she couldn't understand. What was it meant to signify or show? Why did that message need to be broadcast? For surely the reason to wear any trinket or bauble was to give some sort of message. What was it the yeti wanted others to see?

>>Cold and hard<< Hubris thought into her mind, silently scowling at how rude the yeti had been and was apparently going to continue to be. At that, Isopia brightened. "You're exactly right." She mumbled under her breath, and set about working on his crown.

Isopia turned away slightly to focus. She created a circlet of stone and made no effort to soften the jagged corners or edges of the composition she was creating. He was hard, as Hubris had noted. He was rough and jagged, just as his crown should be. She took the bit of ram horn given to her by the benevolent tree a few months prior, and embedded it into the centre of the rock, so that it jut forward like a foreboding mountain peak.

"If you wouldn't mind." Isopia said, looking to Hubris. Without argument, the dragon breathed a thick layer of frost onto the crown, coating it in ice. Nodding as she looked down, Isopia turned back towards the yeti.

"A crown of stone, punctuated with the horn of a ram, covered in ice." She said, placing the item at the feet of the yeti. Her honey-amber eyes appraised the beast, wondering if her offering met the vague specifications that he had provided.

Iso uses her rock magic to make an intentionally jagged crown. She places the ram horn in the center, and Hubris freezes the whole thing in ice.

Isopia would like a dragon.

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd
mathèo
I had a dream about a burning house. You were stuck inside, I couldn't get you out
I lay beside you and pulled you close. And the two of us went up in smoke

As Saoirse shouted care in his direction, Thèo glanced back in her direction. His sea-green eyes were full of curiosity and joy, and despite her warnings, he did not feel compelled to be afraid or careful around the Yeti.

But then he started yelling.

Thèo swallowed and, having seeing @Arakh in the crowd, casually made his way towards his brother (the thought still filled him with a happy joy), and stood near him. "I wonder what kind of crown he would like." Thèo mumbled, his lips forming a sideways line as he thought about their task. He watched Isopia literally create a crown using her magic, and that seemed like quite a good idea. Only ... the boy did not possess any sort of magic that stayed permanent.

Wincing, he looked around.

All he saw was ice and things which were dead and ugly. He had no skills with which to compose something out of the materials he found scattered around. For a moment he seemed dismayed. And then, thanks to the wonderously philosophical teachings of those in his herd, the sun-drenched boy had an idea.

He walked up to the Yeti, a tentative smile on his boyish features. Sunlight cascaded over his youthful body as he looked up. Using his magic, he created an eagle holding a circle of fire. The eagle appeared to be offering the crown to the yeti, though eventually it lowered and placed the flaming circlet on the ground. "Nothing lasts forever." The boy began."And it may be that your things will be taken again ... But ... you will have the memory of a crown made of fire. And no one will be able to take that."

He grinned brightly and stepped away, using his magic to force the circlet to continue to burn.

Thèo says NOTHING LASTS FOREVER EXCEPT FOR MEMORIES, and temporarily makes the Yeti a crown out of his fire.

Thèo would like a rougarou! One prior refusal.
Image Credits

Arakh Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17'2hh :: 2 HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

THOSE WHO OPPOSE THEE SHALL KNOW THE WRATH OF HEAVEN

The yeti's fearsome rumble detracts Arakh's attention from the arrival of Esinakh. As the ground shakes, the colt wobbles and shields his eyes with his wings against the tide of spittle that flies towards him. He shrivels his nose in disgust, but listens all the same to the command issued towards them all. The yeti wants a crown, and Arakh frowns his confusion. There's so many other better things he could have asked for, yet he chooses a crown?

@Mathèo addresses him and Arakh's frown deepens. "Arakh wonder too." He racks his mind, but something else pops into his head as he does so. "Oh, Theo! See over there?" The calf gestures with his muzzle to @Esinakh . "That Arakh's twin, Esinakh. Theo's sister." Pride swells in the boy's large chest as he looks over to his twin. "Esi!" he booms over towards his black sibling, his tail twining excitedly around his hocks as he does so. "Come see brother Theo."

His pale brother then summons a crown made of flames, which he offers to the yeti. Arakh ponders using his own magic to do the same, but it seems like it would count against him to so blatantly copy another. Instead he shakes his head to deposit the feather headdress given to him by the tree, which he's been wearing off and on since he was given it. He is quite fond of it, and it strikes him that the yeti may prefer something that is already worn and obviously loved by another. Deciding that it isn't quite enough on his own, the colt plucks from his mane a dangling eye on a string, given by the odd goat-creature at another one of these events. Artfully (or so he believes), Arakh drapes the string in between the feathers so the eye hangs gruesomely over one side, its wide, dead pupil staring sightlessly in between the nest of feathers around it. Admiring his handiwork, the calf decides that it is a suitable mixture of beautiful and hideous, and nods his approval of his own job well done.

The grullo hybrid edges forwards with the crown of feathers and eye (!!) clutched in his mouth, then deposits it near the yeti's feet. "Arakh give crown of feathers to yeti, so he know what it like to have wings. Give eyeball too, because...pretty?" he explains, giving a somewhat cheeky grin at the last part of his sentence.

_____

Arakh makes a crown from his feather headdress and eyeball on a string.

Arakh is seeking a griffin. [one refusal]

[ ARAKH ]

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather
Take just what I came for

The prince ignored the crowd, too focused, too riveted, on the pieces coming together before him, one the rippling effect of avarice and pride, on items, things, objects, and artifacts that could satisfy and appease a monstrous beast. The yeti wanted something too – like the whole lot of them, not so different from one another in the greedy convictions of desires and yearnings, because Erebos craved the egg, and the thunderous individual hankered for a coronet to rest upon his head; king of caverns.

So the pair, because Orsino was together with him in this instance, all fury and deception, all bestial shades and cunning desperation, turned out of the inner walls and the frozen aperture, glancing along the landscape for portions and particles they could combine to make a diadem that would please a fellow heathen. The boy and his fox glanced along the horizon, wandering towards the sanction of trees and timber, following along pathways and warrens until they came upon dried sticks and twigs, fallen from previous seasons, useless until now. They whittled and worked, snagging a few smoother limbs, biting off bits and pieces of snarled, snagged contortions likely to poke and prod a yeti’s skull, fashioning a circlet made from the elements, of the forest, of the mountains, of the bold and audacious. Thereafter, Orsino used his claws to cut away at the center, delicately carving a centerpiece, so when Erebos rummaged through all of his collected morsels (turkey feathers, daggers, a rain vial he didn’t dare part with), the glowing blue crystal ripped from the fallen Bear God made a unique core. It stuck within the created chamber, glistening, emboldened, like ice and peril, treachery and enticement – and the scion hoped it’d be enough. The sable kitsune added an complimentary flourish of the wicked – ghosting his illusionary magic over the glistening jewel so that it changed colors, posturing itself in the sunlight sometimes as a radiant green, a balmy yellow, or an intricate lavender.

When they wandered back, some had already presented their sculpted lines and promised crowns, some of stone and rime, some of fire (and he had to admit, the image was blistering and brilliant), some of plumage and…an eye. Neither of the princely pair commented on the latter.

But they presented theirs, the General bowing his head to the yeti, walking forward with ease, with strength, with pride, laying the parcel at the beast’s feet. When he raised his head, enduring eyes staring straight at the creature, he smiled. “This crown is made from the wood of the Steppe, and a crystal taken from a Bear God. I hope it pleases you,” Erebos concluded, backing away while others came to present their gifts.

Please, he begged in the back of his mind. Please pick mine.

[Erebos makes a crown from the sticks fallen along the Frostbreathe Steppe, and places the crystal he received from the Bear God within its center. Orsino also uses his illusionary magic to make the crystal appear to change colors.

Erebos is seeking a griffin with draining clutch.

Prior Refusal One
Prior Refusal Two
- Can I please use two of my extra VOTG rolls? :D Thank you!]

image credits

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

we walk a lonely road
beneath the fire of a thousand suns
The beast glares down on them, malice and greed swirling phlegm-green in the bowels of his eyes. It sends a shudder down her spine, latent embers coiling in repulsion, yet the copper child does not yield; she watches carefully, patiently, familiarity with this process lending her comfortable caution. It is an exchange, she knows - to earn the right of companionship, of familiarity, you must in turn make an offering that proves your worth. So far the girl has been judged unworthy, but perhaps today will be difference. Today, she does not seek this for herself, but for the brother she loves, the fox who is better than her in every conceivable way. She will weather the challenge, overcome the trials, if only the result can be Natraj's happiness, and the strengthening of their bond.

"I desire a crown."

Okay, perhaps not what the girl expected. She has not been asked for something so material before, and for a moment her mind flickers to Ampere; what would the passionate mare think of this? A life for a crown, a soul for a bauble- but the girl has little time to consider it further, for already others are constructing their offerings, preparing their exchange. Uncertain, the girl looks at her surroundings, seeking any inspiration from the barren landscape. Her mind is blank, the wheels in her head turning to little avail. What would Natraj do? What would he suggest?

It hits her, then, as surely as if her brother had suggested it himself: she has to look at herself for the answer. Literally. If Natraj means so much - if this means so much - then she has the tools, the prizes to earn it.

The girl sets to work.

It would be easier with Natraj, his nimble mouth and dainty paws, but the Fire Dancer does what she can. With a wince she clamps and tears at a particularly slender braid, pulling the lock of gold and silver from her tail, her ears falling back at the sharp stab of pain. Then slowly, carefully, she begins to divest herself of prizes, neatly threading each one into the circlet and cursing her awkward, large appendages. Still, the end result is passable - a circle of metallic, ombre braid, with the flowers of gods nestled around the softly glowing rock that once nested in her tail. Only the great moonstone remains around her neck; she has given everything else to this offering, to the promise of hope, to Natraj.

She lays it at the yeti's feet, among the others, and stares at him though onyx eyes, her dark voice quiet in the gathered crowd. She feels naked without the flowers, the familiar light. "This crown is me - my hair, my gifts, my memories. I offer it to you," she whispers, and steps back, bottom lip set in stubborn stiffness, heart beating fast as she hopes that it - that she - is enough.

--------------------------------
Tandavi's crown is made of her flowers (purple from Moon God, blue from Sparky, orange from Earth) and the small glowing crystal Kahlua gave her, all entwined in a braided circlet of her hair.
Seeks a dragon
Refusal 1
Refusal 2
Refusal 3
"talk talk"

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
Yael joins the little gathering soon, and Lyanna returns the gesture of greeting to her new friend. Yael seems to be settling in nicely, and Lyanna’s glad to see it. Though she knows looks can be deceiving. Lyanna rarely shows how she feels, wearing her emotions on her sleeves only on rare occasions when it all simply feels like too much. Or when she wants to share. But years of being a princess has taught her to hide her feelings, and little does she know what Yael has spent years as Queen. But it’s likely the little golden mare too knows how to hide behind pretty smiles.

Yael asks what they are looking at, and what’s going on. But before she can answer, there’s a rather young cream filly at her side as well. Lyanna smiles warmly and reassuringly at the girl, wondering how she wandered so far from her parents, but now determined to keep an eye on the child. Perhaps the girl’s parents were nearby somewhere watching. Though she doubted it. It seemed more likely the child would have run back to them, and not to a stranger, if they were close.

Answering both Yael and Bellanaris, she says, “I think the creature is called a Yeti, but I’m not sure. I’ve only heard stories of them,” Her voice is low, hoping not to disturb the general quiet of the group, though there’s a smattering of conversation going on around her. But still, with the beast staring at them, it seems wrong to talk loudly. “The thing in it’s horns is a companion though. Probably, anyway. They hatch from eggs.” Which explains the group that’s standing here eyeing the egg greedily. Herself included.

It would be nice to have a companion. Someone else to keep her company when she felt lonely, to remind her that she was okay here. That life was good here. But even if that didn’t happen, she’ll stay to the end and make sure the girl is okay. “I’m Lyanna,” she offers to the cream filly, glancing to Yael and adding, “And this is Yael.”

Soon, the Yeti is speaking again, talking of how his items were stolen from him. He punds his fist into the ground, and her legs quake with the earth. And then spit is flying from his mouth as he uses far too many P words to ask for a crown. Some are quick to create them from magic. This is, of course, something Lyanna can’t do, so she has to think about an alternative solution.  After a moment, she looks to her companions, saying “I’ll be right back,” mostly for the filly. Yael didn’t need a babysitter, but Lyanna didn’t want to leave the girl feeling alone.

Lyanna isn’t gone for too long. She comes back with a piece of a nearby spruce tree. Not quite a branch, certainly not a twig. She rips some hair from her tail to tie the spruce into a circle large enough to fit on the Yeti’s head. Next, she drops her head and works her red ruby necklace off before wrapping the chain around the spruce. When she’s done, the ruby hangs in the front of the gold and spruce crown.

“A crown of spruce from the Steppe, with a gold chain and a ruby from the deep forest,” she says to the Yeti, offering him the crown. It is not as grand as some of the others that change colors or are made from earth and ice. But it is all she has to offer, and she cannot give more than her all. Hopefully, it would be enough.

[OOC: Lyanna makes a crown out of a small branch from a nearby spruce tree, and weaves her ruby necklace around the spruce. The red ruby on her necklace hangs in the front of the crown.]

lyanna

art by yewrezz

Seeking Zephyr
Refusal 1
Refusal 2

@Yael, @Bellanaris

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

i want to be wild, beautiful and free

She finds herself pleasantly surprised when Dragomir comes to stand beside her. She is not one for conversation, almost always keeping to herself at these sorts of things, going about whatever task is set out before her. But she didn’t dislike Dragomir (which is, in her world, a compliment). And more to the point, if anyone at the moment understood just how she felt, it was Dragomir. And Isopia, to be fair, but Isopia lived a whole step above Syrena and her mere mortal status. It was easier, somehow, to stand beside Dragomir instead.

“As well as can be expected,” she says truthfully. She simply felt lost now. The Falls had made sense for her. But where now? The Edge held no real bodies of water, and therefore no appeal. Maybe the Throat, only because she could spend large amounts of time swimming to and from the Throat. But she’s not even sure they’d take her, given her lack of wings. Or the Basin. But did she care for the Basin either?

The land ruled by the Earth God, who was as close to a sea god as they actually had, made sense for her. But she doesn’t belong beneath the Sun or the Moon or whatever the Spark ruled.

“You?” she asks, after a moment too long. At least she remembered to ask. Remembered that this is how conversations worked. She always tended to assume that one would just offer such personal information if they felt like it, but that’s not polite or something.

She keeps an ear flicked in his direction, waiting for his answer. Though her other ear stays trained on the Yeti, because at the end of the day, she’s not here for polite conversation. She’s here for the egg in that nest on his horns. Even if she should actually be running away screaming from the Yeti if she had any sense. And soon, he’s telling them what he wants in return, shaking the ground with his fists and making his point abundantly clear as he spits on them. Where the bits of spit land on her skin, she turns red and orange beneath the warm spit. Though soon it freezes, and the color changes to blue and green.

Gross. This really wasn’t her type of water.

But he asks for a crown. She’s vaguely tempted to see if Dragomir has figured out his skill with making thing appear and if he could make a crown appear for her too. But that’s probably not how this is supposed to work. Though really, would the Yeti care? If it’s a decent crown….She cuts that train of thought off, instead trying to figure out what she can make a crown out of.

She walks away from Dragomir until she finds a patch of that weird Aura Grass that glows during Tallsun. She comes back with it, turning her head awkwardly to try and get the string of shells out of her mane. She takes a good chuck of mane with it, but manages to get the shells. She’s loathe to part with it, but if it gets her that egg…

Syrena gets to work tying the grasses into a circlet, slowly fortifying the base of a crown with the hair she’d torn from her mane. She ends up with a twirling circle of grass and hair. As it sits in the cold snow, the hair turns to swirls of cold colors – blues and purples and greens. She’s not actually sure how long that magic will last ripped from her body, but maybe if she’s lucky, it’ll last long enough to get her the egg. Or, knowing how her life has been going lately, it’s going to stop right now.

Either way though, she loops the seashells around the crown until it’s complete. She can’t help but glace to Dragomir, who’s she’s come back to while she worked, to see what he’s come up with. And to Isopia, who’s used her magic and Hubris’ to create a rather impressive creation of rock and ice. Of course.

Horses present their creations to the Yeti. She watches, finally adding in her own voice when there’s an appropriate lull in the presentations. “A crown of the Aura Grass from the Steppe, with a touch of the sea.” The shells sound like the ocean. It’s a quiet sound, but obvious enough if you listen. The constant crashing of the waves in that lulling, rhythmic way that they never cease. Hopefully the hair and, in the right season, the grasses would continue to change colors as well. It would make the crown far more impressive.

OOC: Syrena makes a crown by twirling together Aura Grass and a piece of her mane. She ties her shell string around the crown, which emits the sound of the sea.

syrena

just like the sea

Seeking a rougarou
Refusal 1
Refusal 2
Refusal 3

@Dragomir

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
Oh! A companion! How wonderful would it be to have someone always at her side! To take the sting of loneliness away in the dark of night, to care for - the need for something (someone) to love is great. But to have to compete for it against Lyanna? Yael privately blanches inside, covering it up with a breathy “Oh…”

Tiny pons, indeed. For all intents and purposes, Yael is a petite mare, but it seemed… a negative thing coming from his spittled mouth. Items were stolen? Well that’s rather unfortunate. Yael isn’t quite sure who would dare to steal a Yeti’s treasures. If he wants it back, they must surely be valuable to him - either for their beauty or what they’re made of.

Once again, Yael’s lack of magic in this world hinders her. She watches as Isopia and Hubris make a frozen, dangerous looking ornament, while another colt makes one of fire. Hmm. It seems the Yeti will have quite the varied selection to choose from. In the wake of her limitations, Yael decides that she must again give of herself; her shiny, gilded feathers could be quite fetching and remind the snow beast of his old crown (though she realizes it may be a non-traditional design. Her lips purse into a thin line as she glances over at Lyanna and shrugs, before reaching around to her wings.

First things first - she slides her golden wing band off, the item that the giving tree presented her with not too long ago. It blends in with the feathers at the joint, still shiny and new and untarnished by any weather mishaps. Putting that on the ground, Yael then flicks her tail to her left side and grabs a few silvery strands with her teeth. Cheeks and brow distort in a faint wince, remembering the howling white witch who last got a pieces of her silvered hair; how did she manage to get herself into such situations? She’d kept a wary eye out for the madwoman ever since then - luckily there’d been no sight of her.

On the mental count of three, Yael yanks and out several fine, glinting strands. Those are laid across the golden circlet. Now back to her wings - she reaches back for six of her mid-sized feathers. Laboriously, she wraps the strands in and out of the feathers, anchoring them to the inside of the golden circlet, so that they might rise high above the Yeti’s head. It is simple, but awfully shiny, and looks like it’s wrought all in precious gold. Picking it up gingerly with her teeth, Yael follows the rest of them and carries her creation to the Yeti’s feet, laying it delicately on the ground. “A crown of gold,” she says lightly, and then adds, “Fit for ze Keeng of ze Mountain.”

Do Yetis even like compliments?

yael

Image | Background

@Lyanna

Yael would like a Zephyr. No prior refusals

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie

Ráeru

"Look at us, studying the fundamentals,
Back when we were young and now we’re up here on another level."

The beats's lips pulled back and revealed his horrendous teeth. Ráeru did not quiver with fear but her eyes did nervously flick up towards the egg balanced preciously atop his head. Lingering at the back for the gathering still, she did not feel the need to speak to any who had gathered. She did not know any and did not have an overwhelming desire to change this. Jumping slightly when the Yeti's voice boomed out she narrowed her eyes. It was the way of these lands to have items stolen from you, though it was unfair. Proving that he was quite an uncivilised beat, he pounded at the ground with one of his enormous fists three times. She attempted to keep herself steady as the pounds of his fists caused tremors in ground beneath her dainty glass hooves. Despite his obvious anger, the unruly beat made no move to stand up or go towards them. Glad that she preferred to remain at the back of crowds she was pleased that no chunks of flying spit came anywhere near her. Shaking back her mane she looked upon the yeti before settling off about the task he had given them.

“BRING ME ONE, TINY PONS.” This earned a snort of appreciation from her. Pons. Indeed. Tiny. Yes, that would apply to some that had gathered here.

She didn't have any items except for the rope that she'd won at the giving tree. Shrugging it down from her shoulders, she watched as it fell into a heap at her hooves. With a light snort at the sight she bent her neck gracefully and began to weave it. She weaved the rope so that the base of her makeshift crown was study enough to hold up the rest of the rope's weight. She shaped it so that it clearly had a 'front', winding the rope so that it had arches. Frowning she worried that it looked too simple. Despite the fact that the rope was silverly, blond, a perfect match for the yeti's fur. Frowning with concentration she summoned her magic, urging the blanket of darkness to shrink and sit in the arches of the crown. The shadows gave it a stark contrast, it was a crown made of light material while decorated with darkness.

With a huff of both approval and pleasure she turned from the crown and began to scour the land. Three items, he had lost three items and so she should return three to him. Finding four feathers she plucked a hair from her mane and bound them together, this would serve as a pretty centre piece for the crown. Next she searched through a pile of rocks until she found a smooth, polished black rock. Collecting the two items in her mouth (the bundled feathers and rock) she brought them back to her crown. The feathers she stuck between the fibres of the rope so that they stood upright, clearly on display. The rock she settled in the middle of the crown where it fit snugly in a hole.

The magic still clung between the arches as she nudged it closer towards the yeti. Presenting it proudly to the creature, a smile made it's way onto her lips. Three items with a hint of magic to make up for the three ordinary ones he had lost. If each time she brought him back three items then by the end of their exchange he would be a creature much better off. For he would leave their interaction with only three items to carry but nine in total. A fine exchange for a companion she thought.

_-_-_

Ráeru would like a griffin.
No prior refusals.

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF
Orangeish eyes close against the white beast’s hot breath and flying saliva. A crown? Wessex snorts and rolls her eyes. Uh, ok. Maybe it was foolish to disregard his (its?) size and the mouthful of sharp teeth - but the young soldier was fairly certain that if he’d wanted to eat one of them,  he would have already. Probably one of the earlier arrivals, before the rest of the group arrived; you see, sometimes it pays to be the early bird, sometimes it doesn’t.

She, however, has nothing on her to give the snow creature, no magic to craft something to assuage its ego, nothing but the brains in her head and a clever mind. So with a nod of aknowledgement, Wessex turns away from the group and sets her eyes on the surrounding area. Let’s see… the air is crisp and cool, and though the light is fading, she can see a couple of vultures circling nearby. That means a kill - something either recently dead or long dead would do because up here, the body probably wasn’t rotting yet. Wessex picks up a brisk pace and temporarily leaves the group behind; when she does find the dead animal, she is in luck. It’s an old elk! His antlers were in the process of shedding its velvet covering, leaving the bones looking like they’re hanging in flesh. Perfect.

Wit a snap and a Wessex yanks the pair of antlers off the elk’s skull and as an afterthought, also takes two of the more curved ribs. With a strand of shredded hide, she ties the two ribs into a circle, and then the horns on top, letting them branch out in all their gore. She takes a step back and looks at it with a critical eye. Well, it isn’t shiny or pretty, but it does have a certain powerful effect, and she’s almost positive there wouldn’t be one like it. So she’s got originality going for her. With a roll of her powerful shoulders, Wessex picks up her breation and hurries back to the Yeti and the assembled group. Without fanfare or explanation, she places it with the other assortment of crowns and turns around. Either the ice dweller would like it, or he wouldn’t.

On her way back, she spies Erebos and gives him a nod in greeting. Turns out she isn’t entirely alone in this bizarre task.

wessex

Makes a crown of shedding elk antlers and rib bone, nods to @Erebos  when she recognizes him.

Wessex seeks a Griffin. No prior refusals.
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Astarot Posts: 81
Dragon's Throat Sun Physician atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 2 (Birdsong) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zafír :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Pare

In her mind she fantasize about gettin with me

He watches as others arrive and wonders if any of them are frightened by the blood soaked beast. When another from the Throat speaks up he turns his attention to the creature. His ears slam back with the monstrous voice and pounding of fist. The creature acts like an angry toddler throwing a tantrum. He understands the anger behind being stolen from, but seriously, grow up. He watches the beast carefully his eyes narrowed slightly. Something wasn't sitting right, but he remained calm as he waited.

The creature takes a breath and speaks again, spit flying from it's horrific lips. His lip lifts as spit covers his body. 'Now I'll have to take a bath.' He gives the beast a nasty look before wondering off a bit. He has no idea how to make a crown for him. He comes to some bones, the leftovers of a wolf kill. He eyes the alabaster bones curiously before looking around once more. The only think he can thing of is his hair. The stallion sighs softly before ripping out some of the red and cream strands. Painstakingly slow he winds the hair around the bones, pulling more out when needed.

Calling forth his newly discovered magic he shifts, painfully, to his blue jay form. He plucks some of the glistening blue feathers flinching as he does so. He takes a deep breath and turns back into himself. Once he is able to move again Astarot places the feathers around the front of the crown accentuating the white deer bones.

With the crown in his teeth he walks back to the beast and sets it before him. "Bones of a slain deer, feathers from my magical form, and hair from myself." He eyes the crown proud of his work before stepping back away from the beast his eyes back on it. He waits quietly still ready to jump into action should it be needed.
-----------------------------------
Speaking
Words;; 321
OOC/Tags;; He makes a crown outof deer bones, his own tail hair, and feathers from his Blue jay form.
Seeking a dragon, Prior refusal
Girl I'm the king so that means I'm fly
Astarot

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
Scars heal, glory fades
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
'Cause the chicks dig it
Silently Isabella slipped sat behind the group hidden behind some foliage. She had no issue with adding another to their family, but Ilios would have to prove himself alone. She smiles as she watches her black tipped tail twitching curiously as Ilios relays the task. Her feline head tilts slightly as she goes over his items with him. She nods quietly keeping her thoughts to herself, for once, at his idea.

Ilios watches the beast as he asks his question. The ivy marked is rewarded with an answer and a task. Of course there was a task, it was rare someone ever gave something away without asking for something in return. Isabella joins his thoughts as he runs over his options. Coming to a decision he stands right where he is. Carefully he builds a crown fit for a king. It wasn't easy, but it was doable.

Once done he had a crown of woven ever green branches, with his smoke billowing tiger, the a piece of the Rift God bear lodged in it's mouth. The glowing crystal caused the smoke seeping form the black tiger's mouth to glow as well. Around the tiger he had placed his band of the tree, securing that with some of his white tipped tail. The gold and green stones shimmered thanks to the glowing blue crystal. He smiled satisfied and carefully set the crown down before the Yeti.

"A crown made from Evergreen branches, with my tiger figurine the blows endless smoke, with a piece of the Rift God bear set in it's jaws. I have placed those two items within the band of the tree, which I received from the Giant turtle." He nodded careful to keep his eye on the beast as he backed away, unwilling to turn his back to it.
------------------
Talk
Words;; 301
OOC/Tags;; Makes a crown of evergreen branches, his tiger figurine, Band of the Tree, and his glowing blue crystal from the rift bear god
Seeking a Griffin!

image | coding
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
Looking to Syrena after her morose response, the stallion’s soft smile becomes ever so subtly a frown. He certainly was less bothered by the disbandment of the herd than some, and only truly bothered at all by the notion that some mad God was running amok, and that the parting of the Earth God to tend to that madness had made so many of his friends and loved ones sad. While he had only just met the water nymph, he definitely considered her to be a good person, albeit a little awkward, and sometimes rude.

"Well enough," he says with a smile, when she asks how he is, "Ranjiri, Letha, and I have gone to the Edge, kept by my friend Alysanne, and a man they call Tembovu, the Elephant."

He sees many of his new herd mates here, so many faces he knew only from glimpses, at meetings, or in passing within the misty wood, or whom he’d seen not at all before now, and didn’t recognize as the Moon’s people. Unlike and like Syrena, he did not truly follow the Moon’s ways, and most certainly felt more attuned to the teachings and powers of the Earth; he, however, had accepted long ago that a God was not contained within a mortal realm. You could worship from anywhere, and they would hear you. His family had done so for their distant and likely dead God, after all, and it was unlike him to take on very many behaviors (aside from his love for Ranjiri, anyway) that were not similar to theirs.

The crafter also respected the Moon; her people were prosperous, the herd much larger than he remembered it being when he’d left some years prior. Any Goddess who could do well by her people was fine by him, and, besides, it had been She who had first shown him how much he had been missing before he had begun making.

The task of the yeti, however, takes over, and soon the stallion is pondering what to make, while occasionally looking up to see the splendid creations of the others. His heart soars to see so much making happening around him, and he is also greatly inspired by the various, creative creations made by those who have gathered. Reaching into his pouches and driving his hoof into the ground to make a rut, he drops some stones with shiny, silver metal in them into the divot, and covers it, finding his magic, and asking it to bring to life the beautiful circlet in his mind.

Growing up from the earth like a weird plant after he shifts his hoof away, the silver circlet is large, suitable for a Yeti head, with appropriate shape to accommodate the beast’s horns. While the band is simple, and circular, moving into a downward point at the center point of its front, it is the face itself that is spectacular, depicting a borders-only range of mountains overlooked by a crescent moon, so that the fur of the yeti would peek through, like snow; the mountain’s feet are hidden by shining, fully metallic evergreen forests, which reach all the way to the crown’s edge. Simple, but intricate, Dragomir proudly walks with the completed object tenderly clasped in his mouth towards the Yeti.

"Perhaps this will suit you?" he questioningly says, humbly placing the crown at the beast’s feet, among the other offered creations, before returning to Syrena’s side.

[ Dragomir would like a dragon! No prior refusals. ]

Dragomir
@Syrena
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Esinakh Posts: 48
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: 2 HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sachi :: Plain Rougarou :: Water & Flame smitty
esinakh
vod chafaan
dust to the wind
At the rumble and flying spittle, the strange filly skitters sideways, just barely avoiding the offensive and disgusting spray. She bleats loudly, frightened, as her bleached eyes widen and follow the impressive arks each glitter, spit droplet made before landing and melting the snow with their heat. Her white-banded nostrils flared, trembling slightly, as her gaze darted from spit-spots to Yeti, unsure of what to do: flee or linger. The twisted parts of her brain were screaming for her to fly; fly far, far away from this spitting beast. But those same parts also wanted her to stay; to remain in close scrutiny of the thick, white fur and symmetrical horns.

“Esi! Come see brother Theo.”

And, just like that, as always, @Arakh was the answer to her inner turmoil. Her darting eyes shot to brother calf and settled; a visible calm swept away her tremors and lessened the whites around her already-white eyes. And, with quick halting steps, she scurried over to her twin and the glowing, grey colt with him.

Ever watchful (and wary) eyes cast towards the ephemeral crown of flames ‘Theo’ made. And then they darted to Rak’s feathered headdress he offered. For a moment, the filly’s barred brow furrowed, soft and small lips marred with uncertainty. Should she make one for the spitting ice lord? What could she make?

And then, with an almighty tremble, a chunk of ever-present, wet clay along her spine leapt in to a jagged, uneven crown. It was soft, needing to be tempered by flame, but it still was a crown for the Yeti. She swayed, in unsettled thoughts, gaze shooting between the adorned crowns and her simple sharp, grey, jagged one (though, let it be known, the jagged edges were symmetrical).

So, hesitantly, she edged towards her offering and carefully placed her beaded feather decoration along the crown’s front piece. Taking care to not touch the clay (and thus get it on her), she ordered the beads and feathers into perfect harmony on her grey crown.

And, when satisfied, her eyes swung towards @Mathèo , “You glow. And clean. Esi like you,” her shy voice was given with a soft smile on her small, grey lips.
image | bckg

Summary: Esi makes jagged clay crown with feather/bead decorations.

Seeking: Rougarou
No prior refusals.

Please tag Esinakh.

Bellanaris Posts: 16
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1hh :: 1 :: Tallsun
Elgar'nan :: Fennec Fox :: None Rottie

Her legs continue to ache - the sudden stillness making her feel worse. Her joints are swollen and stiff, preventing any sort of smooth, fluid movement when she walks. Thankfully, the dark mare accepts her small presence, allowing her a small break from her excessively long journey. The girl is young, and quite thin, and despite how exhausted she is, she continues to shift and shuffle her hooves - an attempt perhaps to flex her joints to ward off some of the stiffness she can feel settling into her knees. Bella's ears swivel when the dark woman speaks and though she wants to take her eyes off the large, bloodied beast - she simply can't. "Oh." she replies, her voice soft but less timid than it had been before. This creature, the yeti, hadn't made a move to hurt any of them yet and his lack of aggressive action was enough to put her (prematurely) at ease.

The information provided by Lyanna was a decent amount to try and absorb at once. The yeti was completely foreign but the idea of companions wasn't entirely new. Both of her parents had animal friends - companions - but what she didn't realize was that they had hatched from eggs. Eggs not so dissimilar from the one resting atop the yeti's head. Bella is, unsurprisingly, curious about this whole companion thing and of course she wonders if she'll ever get one herself but as captivated as she is by the odd scene before her, she doesn't miss Lyanna's introduction. The girl pulls her earthen green gaze from the yeti to offer a small smile to Lyanna and Yael. "I'm Bella." she says with a bit more confidence as she warms to this entire situation.

Soon the yeti is slinging spit and words at the gathered crowd, his booming voice meant to intimidate. For a moment she hesitates, watching as the others move off on their own, each one following the yeti's demands without a single question. Do they yield to his requests out of fear or merely out of the hope that they be deemed worthy for the prize atop his skull? So many came back with crowns, each one presenting them to him with their own level of flare. The young filly sets about the task in her own time, attempting to will her legs to move past the swelling in her joints. She gathers twigs and grasses that are available nearby and attempts to weave them into a circular shape. To that she adds a few of her vivid blue tail feathers and the odd bone she'd been carrying around from a previous encounter with an odd creature. Once together, she limps forward and places it near the yeti. Without turning around or taking her eyes off the large beast, she retreats unsteadily backwards until she finds her place by Lyanna's side once more.

BELLANARIS
Image by LovelySkylark

Summary: Bella makes a circular crown from steppe grasses/twigs, some of her blue tail feathers, and the bone (from her possessions).

Seeking a Rougarou
No prior refusals
Using 2 VOTG extra rolls

Vezér Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 17hh :: One year
Pare
A touch of wicked, A pinch of risqué,
Or your fairytale princess who could ask for more
The girl looked hopelessly at her brother for a moment before turning back to the beast. A stallion spoke up asking what it wanted and the reply was ground shaking. Her legs quivered but she lifted her tiny head high trying to hide her fear. Sure Apa had taught her how to fight, but there was no way she could fight this thing, and surely there was no out running him. She shivered at the thought of him ripping her a part and her blood splattering his white fur.

She shoved the nasty thoughts away and set to work. She had no idea what to do to make a crown for him so she looked around at what everyone else had crafted. She had no magic to call forth, and no hair to use. Of course she had hair but it wasn't nearly long enough. So she turned to watch what they did with branches and copied them placing her dagger so it would rest on her forehead. She then decorated it with her two earrings. She placed them on either side of the dagger. Cautiously she strode forward and placed it at his feet before hightailing it back to her big brother.
---------------------------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 203
Tags/OOC;; Uses random branches, her dagger, and both earrings to make a crown
Seeking a dragon! @Tyrath
vezér

image | coding

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The yeti made pleased noises at every crown that was laid by his gigantic feet. A hairy hand ran over them gently, admiring how they were all different and wishing that he had thirteen different heads so that he might be able to wear them all. Perhaps two could work… one slung over each of his horns… He considered them all, appraising them and weighing them in his mind to determine whether they were a suitable replacement for the one he had lost. Isopia’s crown was cold and hard, and wouldn’t be very pleasant to put on his head, but looked magnificent. As did Matheo’s fire crown, though this the yeti did not touch - grumbling to the young colt in a grumpy voice that “Fire BURNS.” A fat finger prodded the eyeball attached to Arakh’s crown with clumsy fascination before moving on to touch the magic crystal that Erebos used to decorate his.

Having spent his life in the wintery world of the Steppe, the Yeti had never seen flowers like the ones that Tandavi used for her crown and touched them only with the most delicate of caresses (though idly he wondered if they would be tasty because they sure looked it). Lyanna’s crown was prickly but suitable for the land they were standing in. Syrena’s was fascinating, and the Yeti leaned a big ear towards it so that he could listen to the sounds of the sea for a moment. Yael crafted using things from her own body, creating an impressive crown of golden feathers that looked quite nice against the Yeti’s white fur. Raeru’s crown was impressive, decorated with darkness and materials that she found in the area around the Yeti’s home. Wessex and Astarot used bones for theirs, which reminded the yeti that he was hungry. Ilios’ had a figure figurine that earned a poke from the yeti’s fat finger as well, fascinated as he was with the black smoke that billowed out of it, and then Dragomir grew a circlet for him.

There were just so many decisions that he needed to make and he didn’t realize how difficult it was going to be to choose between those that he had been given. But, he could buy himself some time, because he wasn’t quite ready to part with the egg on his head so he would send them for another task before making his decision.

“These please me, perhaps you can help me with replacing the other things I have lost.” There were quite a few items in the crowns, sure, but the yeti had some more specific items in mind. Of course, he had every intention of keeping all of the items that they had given them - but he’d announce that later. The more items the better.

His stomach rumbled then, a loud and obnoxious sound, and the yeti placed one hand over his stomach and patted it lightly, as if to reassure it. Boy, making decisions was sure a lot of hard work. “But first, I would like a snack.”

----------

Great job on the crowns! The yeti's second request is a snack to fill his belly!

You have 72 hours to reply.

Vezér, Esinakh, and Bellanaris are disqualified for not responding in time and Tyrath, Verro, and Saoirse are disqualified for not responding at all
Random Event
Image Credit

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd
mathèo
I had a dream about a burning house. You were stuck inside, I couldn't get you out
I lay beside you and pulled you close. And the two of us went up in smoke
Siblings. It is such a wonderful and new thought to contemplate. He'd had Luther, yes...but to learn that there were so many more that he was connected to? It was an amazing feeling, especially given how small his family had first seemed. An easy and boyish smile spread rapidly across his features as @Esinakh appeared at his side. The girl looked so much like Arakh...and yet he looked nothing at all like Luther, or like Iskra. He wanted to talk to her, but the Yeti was speaking suddenly. Not wanting to be rude, Theo used his mind voice to silently whisper towards her. I like you too, towards her, beaming her way, before looking back towards the monster.

The sunshine boy was at first pleased to see the way the yeti looked at his burning crown, btu then shrank away with disappointment as the yeti pointed out the obvious. Theo's face made a :/ shape as he sighed to himself, wishing he had put a bit more thought into the task instead of just jumping in. He was sure that he would be 'eliminated' from this little conversation, but surprisingly, it seemed that the Yeti was not overly pleased with the other crowns either.

Perhaps there was still a chance?

As the Yeti indicated his younger, Theo beamed. That was certainly something he could help with.

Trotting away, Theo's eyes scanned the landscape. There were a number of frozen ponds around, and finally he found one thick enough for what he had planned. Using his fire magic, Theo created a hole in the ice, and then waited. The task was not easy, but eventually the boy was able to stab his long horns into the icy waters and land himself a fish. A grin parted his ashen lips as the fish wiggled on the end of his horns, eventually giving itself to death and growing still. Trotting back, Theo deposited it at the Yeti's feat, and then began to cook it, once again using his fire magic.

Then it occurred to him that perhaps he should have asked the Yeti if he had any preferences about food.

"You have big teeth.." The boy observed, looking up at the creature with wide and impressed sea-green eyes. "So I assume you don't eat grass like me." He looked down at the fish, then back up again. "Do you even like fish?" He mused outloud, ready to race off again should the Yeti decline the course the tribrid was offering.

Thèo would like a rougarou! One prior refusal.
Image Credits

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Her gift was looked over quickly but the demi-goddess did not seem to mind. Something told her this task was more like a ritual ... just a thing to be completed. She found nothing at fault with her crown, nor in any of the others, at least insofar as they met with the Yeti's specifications. And so as the beast growled another task in their direction, Isopia began to think about a way to complete it without question.

A snack?

Like Matheo, Isopia too had noticed the size of the creature's teeth and its claws. It surely did not eat the sort of food that they did. In this regard, she was out of her element. Looking to Hubris, she nodded.

>>I get.<< The dragon whispered into her mind, taking wing.

There was a copse of trees not far by. Rather than flying directly into it, Hubris circled overhead the way that a hawk might. His keen blue eyes peered into the desolate ground below, searching for movement or any sign of life from a creature which would be large enough to satisfy the hunger of the Yeti. Eventually, he spied a bird; a red-throated loon. Its colour gave it away, and as soon as his eyes spied it, his body immediately fell from the air. The dragon's jaws locked around the neck of the creature, breaking it immediately and hopefully without too much pain. Hubris grabbed the loon and brought it back to Isopia, who placed it on a heated rock before the Yeti.

"A snack." She said, nosing towards the loon.

Hubris kills a red-throated loon, and placed it on a stone heated by Isopia

Isopia would like a dragon.

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits