the Rift

[OPEN] i have done a few things i regret [gathering]

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
Kiada

Rage bubbled and coiled beneath her skin as her flames sputtered out marred images of wolves and snakes. Her hooves took her away from the gathering where words she’d soon regret were said, pointing her in the almost sheer opposite direction of where they were supposed to be gathering. Well, if everyone wanted to blame her for the things that had gone wrong, she’d clean on her own. She was going to do it one way or another, whether or not it was rage induced.

When she finally found a place to stop, she realized tears had slipped from her ivory lids. Khairi had jumped off of her back during her escape and followed her at a careful distance, now coming to rest on a log in front of where the filly stopped. He crooned to her in apologies and sorrow, concern lacing his blood rimmed eyes. She shook her head away from him, kicking at a small log that had fallen and was blocking a path. “Don’t look at me like that.” She growled to him and he physically flinched away from her.

Her attention grew toward the log as she channeled her anger into beating/moving the log that was in her way into a pile of things. Khairi began to go to work, to refrain from looking at his bonded, grabbing a few dead items and a bone or two that he could actually carry. Meanwhile, Kiada continued to work, pausing occasionally to rub her eyes along her ink dipped legs, trying to remove the tears that wet her face. “Why can’t I be happy too?” She asked in a hushed tone to the vulture.

"Talk."

img by Mar <3 || coding by Smitty <3

Quick speed thread for gathering/reconciliation with @Kianzo <3

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Kianzo Posts: 95
World's Edge Sleuth
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 2
Keusi :: Striped Hyena :: Terrorize smitty
“Things will never be the as they once were.”

The words echoed, over and over, pounding against his skull as he tore out of the clearing where he attacked the stupid beast of a colt. Later, he would come to realize that he had rashly and wrongly lashed out against the mutated twins. However, in this moment, he was only cursing himself for having wasted any time on them at all, rather than immediately racing after his other half.

Each moment he had spent with the other siblings, rather than with his twin, made the painfully awning chasm in his chest feel larger, more empty, more permanent. And the yearling wanted it gone now. His soul ached demanded it be filled with Kiada. Now.

So, with Keusi’s keen and instinctive tracking ability leading them, he darted after his mirrored half. ‘Close.’ Keusi’s growling voice snarled quietly into his mind. It didn’t come often, but when she spoke, it was simple, clear, and authoritative.

The harsh pound of the dark prince’s hooves paused for a split second, head raising and nostrils scenting for her familiar, sweet, unique scent. Guilt and shame and fear all closed into his mind as everything he had done swamped his mind: his absence, his control, his anger. But it was not contrition the fueled the colt’s panicked, but slow, approach from the shadows and into Kiada’s new clearing. It was fear—fear of losing her.

He froze when he saw her, sharp blue gaze wide as he took in the tears on her cheeks. “Miali?” he uttered his foal hood nickname for her, deep voice hushed and cracked. His eyes searching for hers—as if asking for something, anything.

Keusi, pushed by this overwhelming desire for reconciliation by her bonded, growled a grumpy greeting to Khairi and began to scent and snag a few skeletons to collect and bring to Kis’s gathering place. She may have unnecessarily crushed a few bones in her jaws along the way.
bckg | image

Please tag Kianzo in all replies.

World's Edge Nurse
Kiada

A small solemn coo was the only outward response she got from Khairi. “I want you happy.” He echoed into her mind in his broken, rugged voice. Her gaze landed on Khairi as she moved toward him when he paused in his gathering, pressing her head gently into the white feathers that covered his body. He stretched his wings out and embraced his bonded, burying his head into her white forelock for a few moments before Kiada pulled away and half sighed, half hiccuped as she tried to catch her breath finally.

Miali?” Her ears flickered back at the almost broken sound of Kianzo’s voice calling to her from behind her. Kiada stayed silent, her head still lowered by Khairi as he looked to Keusi and nodded slightly before picking up the branch he had grabbed and moving toward a pile. He’d rather leave the two relatively alone, aside from checking in now and then as he grabbed a few things. Kiada’s own gaze fell to the log that was now broken in half as tears threatened her eyes again. But no, she wouldn’t show him that weakness.

He already thought her weak as it was. She wouldn’t give him more fuel to the fire she had started. And yet part of her was thankful that he still came after her.

I’m sorry Jivu.” She returned his foal hood nickname with a broken voice. “I – I ni kuumiza.” She murmured as she began to dig at the log to pull it out from the growth that had begun to trap it in. The scars and scabs along her shoulders moving against her bones with the movement while the wolves in her flames died out and replaced themselves with elephants.

"Talk."

I – I ni kuumiza - I – I am hurt.

@Kianzo <3

World's Edge Sleuth
His ears twitched as he strained, waiting to hear anything from her; his gaze could have plucked every feather of Khairi’s the obscured Kiada’s face from his. He needed to see her. His body leaned forward, golden skin a taunt tapestry over tense and straining muscles. He knew nothing more than the snakes and wolves told him with their fiery tongues and jaws along her spine.

But when he finally did get to see her face, a sharp breath sucked in through his nostrils. She wore her mask.

She work her mask for him.

His ears, which had been painfully straining forward, tilted backwards and his gaze, already fractured by pain and fear and guilt, closed into a dark, shuttered, distant place. His dark lips twisted into some sort of pained, remorseful, resentful grimace. Wewe ni siri,” his low voice was still hoarse--but now despondent, strained by the many, strong emotions that pulsed through his chest.

He fell silent the moment she spoke, some shadow of reprieve ghosting through his mind that she used his own foal-hood name. His ears twitched as she spoke—she was hurt. He had hurt her. Something he vowed to never do.

His head tilted back, long limbs slowly carrying his larger body towards her. His dark hooves joined hers in the digging of the reprehensible log—though he remained silent as he glanced towards her; trying to see beyond the mask she had put in place.

But he could not. Despite knowing her with every fiber of his being, she also knew his. So her ability to hide from him was absolute, if she wanted it. Only the flaming elephants along her back gave him any indication that she was pained and sorrowful. Slowly, his digging hooves stopped as he watched the bruised, freshly scarred skin of her shoulder work tirelessly.

And then, with a quiet and wordless utterance, he slipped his gilded and striped neck over hers, tightly. Nakupenda sana, his whisper was hot and fierce, spoken from a tight throat and burning eyes. Samahani, Miali. But I want you for me, so much ni machungu yangu,” the rush of his hot words came in a mixture of their language and the common tongue. He paused only for a shaky breath before continuing, “I know it is selfish, but—” he broke off, burning his muzzle painfully deep into her shoulder and deeply inhaling all that was Kiada, “You are apart of me. Sehemu nzuri.” It was only with that last, Dorobian sentence that all of his fearful defenses fell and he was laid bare. Without her, he was nothing but prey for all the darkness that loomed within him. With her, he had direction, center, purpose.

Without her, he had nothing.

wewe ni siri. = you are masked.
nakupenda sana = i love you so much
Samahani, Miali = I’m sorry, little flames
ni machungu yangu = it hurts me
sehemu nzuri = the good part
bckg | image

@Kiada

World's Edge Nurse
Kiada

She placed the mask so easily upon her face that it almost hurt. She didn’t want to hide from him, but she also didn’t want him to see just how much he had hurt her. Romina’s words were nothing in comparison to Kianzo’s simple phrases. It was condescending almost, as if she couldn’t see with her own two eyes just what Ru’in was. Kiada could see him, and she could see what laid beneath. He wasn’t this horrible monster she thought he was when he pushed her over in the grass those many moons ago. He wasn’t this beast that could harm her.

She liked him, a lot. And Kianzo was going to have to get used to it. Still, the gilded prince edged ever closer to her until finally he couldn’t help himself and embraced her. Her bruised, scarred flesh twitched with the feeling as she turned her head away from the side he stood on. He held onto her tightly, and where she would have melted before, she hardened. The words left his lips in a hot whisper and all she could do was listen. He knew she was masked, of course he did. She could mask her features from him, and while he couldn’t see beneath it, he would always know the façade. And every time he said he loved her in their tongue, it hurt her even more.

Nakupenda pia, lakini…” She began, turning her head to face him, to look upon his mirrored face. “Sina lenu tu. Mimi nina yangu kabla ya mtu mwingine ni.” She uttered, a hardness crossing over her eyes as she tried to get him to understand. “Part of me will always be yours, but I must be free to do whatever I wish.” She noted, a small case to help her cause. “And the more friends, or relationships we have, the better off our plight will be.” She tried to force a smile to him. “Mimi nitatumia kila mtu kupata nini nataka.” Her voice grew dark once again, as she searched for his eyes to get him to understand. “Please understand, Jivu.

"Talk."

Nakupenda pia lakini… - I love you too, but…
Sina lenu tu. Mimi nina yangu kabla ya mtu mwingine ni. - I am not only yours. I am mine before anyone else’s.
Mimi nitatumia kila mtu kupata nini nataka. - I will use everyone to get what I want.

@Kianzo <3

World's Edge Sleuth
“Nakupenda pia, lakini…”

“…lakini…”

The word clattered around in his skull, thrown gleefully about by demons he had inherited from his father (or the Elephant’s absence). There had been no ‘but’ before in the sibling’s love. Never had anything come between them—until he had been stolen away and then remained gone by his own foolish pride. They were once one, whole union. But now she turned away from him. But now her hide stiffened against his embrace. But now…

“…lakini…”

But now they was a wedge between them, as hard as Kiada’s glittering gaze. Her words fell empty, meaningless, into the desperate chasm that was his scrambling, panicked mind. His own starkly blue eyes were wide and blank as she told him she was not his, but her own. She appealed to his vain volition for power (—“the more friends…the better off we will be”—).

It was only when her own darkness showed (—“I will use everyone to get what I want”—) that anything (or everything) sank into his mind. Or, at least, his demons snarled with excitement at seeing a darkness, which mirrored their own deplorable tendencies, staring back from a face that once held the Dark Prince’s strength at fighting them.

His jaw clenched once, Keusi’s head jerked up and she snarled in surprise at the sudden, overwhelming, vehement darkness that billowed through their bond. The striped hyena had only ever felt inklings of this dark power when she coerced and goaded her bonded to follow her own dark proclivities. He was always at his best (and least dark) when around Kiada.

But now— “You will use everyone?” His voice was dark and deep, a shade shuttered over his gaze as it shed its panicked veil, revealing, instead, a darkness so absolute that it dimmed his sharp blue eyes, “Even me?” This question was a whisper, black and twisted sharply with pain and shadows.

And then his gaze narrowed, his magic clouding around his chest—just barely forming snarling snouts and gnashing teeth of his ashen hyenas. He stood, motionless save for the snapping ashen jaws at his dark chest; a still golden statue of pain, shadows, and uncontrolled forbidden urges.

“Ungekuwa jambo muhimu zaidi kwangu.”

lakini = but
Ungekuwa jambo muhimu zaidi kwangu = You were the most important thing to me.
bckg | image

ONLY A MONTH LATER
/shoot me
sorryiloveyouilovethem clinicslifesux
<3

@Kiada

World's Edge Nurse
Kiada

The wedge between them grew larger and larger with each passing second. Tension grew like a wall between the two of them, a thin membrane growing larger and wider over time. Oh, how Kiada wanted things to return to the way they once were – but when he was stolen left, things grew difficult for her. She didn’t have her other half to figure out the world with – she only had herself, and Ru’in. Though she’d dare not say such matters to the colt. Instead, she turned her mirrored head away from him while his jaw clenched at her words.

You will use everyone?” She nodded slowly, her gaze refusing to look upon him until he added in “even me?” Her head swung back to him, her reflective blue gaze latching onto his face as determination glinted behind her mask. “If the need arises, yes.” She growled as she noticed his ashen clouds. Then, not to be intimidated, the filly reached for her own destructive magic. A triangle of sparks began to grow around her, as if to protect her from the ashen hyenas that threatened attack.

If she couldn’t trust her brother to not hurt her, who could she trust?

No one. Came Khairi’s rough voice through their bond. And with that little bit of information, the sparks grew into three small tornadoes of flame around the same time that Kianzo spoke their native tongue once again. Her eyes narrowed just as his did. “Ek is bly dat ons saamstem oor iets.” She replied, lowering her head and taking on a more defensive stance. Her forelegs spread as her muscle rippled with the movement. Would he do it? Would she attack? Only time could tell.

"Talk."

Ek is bly da tons saamstem oor iets. - I’m glad we agree on something.

@Kianzo I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED.

World's Edge Sleuth
“If the need arises, yes.”

He flinched. Not a subtle flinch, but one that painfully spasmed all the superficial muscles that faced his other half. It angrily twisted his bright golden hide, turning his white stripes nearly into the amorphous spots of Kiada’s skin. Nearly. But not quite.

But his sharp blue gaze never blinked and never did it leave her face. Perhaps some part of him knew her answer—or should have know her answer. But he, truthfully, hadn’t expected it. He had thought he could trust her with his soul. After all, she had half of it.

So her affirmation of his question hurt. It cut deeply, sawing away at the connection of his soul to hers. Creases of pain lined his eyes as he stared at her mirrored face—saying what his words could not. Voicing the pain that no scream could give justice.

His wounds were so deep that he did not even respond to her next javelin she carelessly tossed into his heart: ”Ek is bly da tons saamstem oor iets.” His lips pursed, but not from her words. They pursed the moment his ears twitched to ear the crackling sounds of her magic around them. His ears then pinned, jaw clenching in repulsion.

“This is what we’ve come to, Miali?” was his anguished, deep, broken growl to her. The ashen snouts at his chest scattered to the wind as a long breath pushed out of his nostrils and he shook his head slightly in disbelief. Keusi whined softly once at the pained emotion that suddenly ripped through her from her dark prince. She shuffled towards him as he spoke in disgust while turning to leave, Natumaini mnyama wako ni thamani yake.

Natumaini mnyama wako ni thamani yake. = I hope your beast is worth it.
bckg | image

@Kiada

World's Edge Nurse
Kiada

She couldn’t deny the pain that lingered in her chest as Kianzo’s face contorted and twisted, seeing how much she could hurt him physically was enough to almost shake her. But she stood strong, determination lining the familiar ivory markings of her face as she stared down her twin – her other half, the sun to her moon, the evil to her wickedness. A moment flashed across her steady blue gaze as she looked at his mirrored face, where sorrow and apologies broke through the mold she had created. And soon, as her magic began to take hold, Kianzo’s voice reached out to her; a broken growl from what used to be such a strong – powerful voice.

She tried to shake her head, but she couldn’t move. She was stuck, standing and staring down her brother as if daring him to challenge her. But instead, he turned away from her and uttered words that continued to boil her blood. A sharp snort escaped her lips as she watched him turn, eyes narrowing even further as creases began to show her exhaustion deepened beneath her eyes. “He is no beast, Kianzo. He will be a pawn.” She uttered after him, turning away as her tornadoes died and smoldered among the charred grasses, leaving small piles of ash in their wake. Soon, her twin would learn what kind of games his other half could play.

He wasn’t the only one that could be destructive. Later on, she knew she would need him once more – but until then, perhaps things were better off this way. Until then, until he found her worthy of the title, she'd let him stew, boiling and harsh against the winter that they had found themselves in. Kiada wanted to be like her brother, useful and strong. She didn't know what kind of relationships she'd end up pushing away in her yearning for power.

"Talk."

@Kianzo these two killed me ;-; I think we can end here if you'd like! <3