the Rift

[OPEN] SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely

Kolr Posts: 16
Outcast
Filly :: Equine :: 15hh ::
Odd
kolr

Kolr was terrified.

Her small and broken body was sore from her hard work clearing, but she'd actually sort of felt like she was apart of something. Although she'd stayed on the edges and hadn't really done a lot of talking, she'd been there. You know, while others were there, and that seemed like a sort of improvement. A step in the right direction.

But now?

Now there was a mosnter made out of boens. The bones that they had helped gather. And -

- a gasp left the girl's pale muzzle as she saw the unicorn mare picked up in the monster's jaws and tossed aside like a rag doll. She swallowed hard, backing up without even looking or thinking, and stumbling awkwardly as she did so. This couldn't be real. This had to be a bad dream.

This couldn't be -

"I want to wake up!" She half-whispered, half-sobbed to herself as she scrunched her baby blue eyes tightly shut, repeating the words over and over again like some sort of calming mantra. 

Image Credits

Amalrik Posts: 12
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 1 year
Tamme

Amalrik watched, his expression impassive as the world unraveled around his ears. As much as he wanted to cry and feel the sting of betrayal, he knew better. Ulrik was his father, so he lived with amused disappointment. The boy searched the crowd for his cousin as chaos ensued, hating more that this would hurt her than anything else. The dead body could rot for all he cared - he didn't know her, and he should have expected this of the gods. His father had warned him about their treachery and selfishness.

"ELLIE!" he yelled, frantically pushing through legs to try to find where his little cousin was hiding. Goddamit, Ellie.

He heard the crying before he saw her hazy form and grimaced, feeling her pain more clearly than he felt his own. Amalrik held her close and dragged her from the fray. "Come on, Ellie. Let's go." He muttered these words quietly even as she protested, narrowly avoiding bites and scratches from her damned dragon lizard thing. Amalrik had nothing to offer this crowd, and even if he did, he wouldn't bother. Now was not the time.

A wise hunter waited for his prey.

Another in a long list of Ulrik-isms.

Amalrik
wild card
Esveeka @ Da

Please tag me in every post

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu
Iskra
Let it go, just let it be, you be you, and I'll be me
What was happening???????
What was happening?!?!?!
WHAT!?!

Iskra, proud as could be, cleaned and cleared the beach, then collected and compiled the bones for Kisamoa. He'd done so alongside his friends, his herd mates, his kin, reveling in the opportunity to help, to serve, to contribute. That this became the outcome of all his and the others' efforts was like a kick in the gut. Iskra, doubled over and winded, could only gape at the unfolding tragedy. His heart felt utterly wrenched, and though he had cried before that feeling is not the one that swept over him. Something hot filled the fissures in his chest, something that grew and gnawed inside of him, full of violence and promise.

Iskra felt fury.

"KISAMOA HOW COULD YOU!?" his tiny lungs trumpeted, every feather on his body bristling on end. "WE TRUSTED YOU! WE HELPED YOU!" The more the spoke the less power he felt. His words, just confirming the damnable reality, started to twist inside his throat. How did they not see? How did they not know? How did the gods, and the kings and queens not stop this cretin? How had his mother let this happen? Weren't they supposed to know things!

"You don't have to do this," he was pleading, standing stock still on the sidelines, his legs as stiff as stone and rooted into the soil with a fear he was pretending didn't exist.

Iskra would always remember this moment. His first betrayal.
Holding onto something we don't need
All this delusion in our heads
Is gonna bring us to our knees
image | code

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

The sunbeam boy was too naive and full of youthful knowledge to be properly afraid of the bone monster and of Kaos. He'd heard stories of the riftian wars of course, and though he'd listened astutely during his lessons at the Dragon's Throat, the fear of the Gods had not yet been distilled into his blood. How could he be afraid, when the light of his Father, Gaucho the Wildfire, followed him everywhere?

"Mother?" He said, his voice unusually questioning and hesitant as he looked towards Aithniel. As usual though, she had eyes only for duty and justice. Her hardened silver gaze moved to their gladiator as she seemingly made her mind up about something. So instead, Thèo shifted his gaze into the crowd, wondering if he would see Luther there. He didn't at least he didn't think so, and nor did he see any of the other foals he'd recently met. Swallowing hard, the sunlight boy turned his eyes back to the monster and the mare who was currently in its jaws.

"Hey!" He cried indignantly, but offered no other support. He'd already seen fire rain down upon the creature with no effect, and so the boy was confident that his magic would be useless as well. Frowning, Thèo stood, not being able to stay quite still but trying his best.

Surely there was something he could do to help?

Then, his pale green eyes fell upon Iskra, and things seemed to open up inside of himself. "Iskra!" He cried, bounding to his friend's side with a happy lop-sided smile that seemed far more tentative than it ever had before. The look on his face was clearly one of confusion, a boyish I-don't-know-what-to-do, coupled with relief of not being alone.

mathèo
I've been sleepwalking, been wandering all night
Trying to take what's lost and broke and make it right
I've been sleepwalking too close to the fire,
but it's the only place that I can hold you tight
Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia ran to the scene, sliding to a halt in the sand and running her gaze over this familiar terrain. She had fought here before - when she was young. Darkness had overtaken it and now it seemed a similar darkness was staking claim again. Phi wasn't surprised. How could she be? The pale queen had seen the rise and fall of gods all through her life and remembered everyone. Her heart barely stirred at yet another death she carried in her mind. Hototo... Psyche... her father... her mother, even?

Their ghosts resided in her memories, haunting her day and night. She did not need another on her conscience, not when she had reason to hope.

That reason was here, somewhere, and she would do anything to get her child free from this mayhem. Aithniel, their leader, was surrounded by winged soldiers, so the Amaranthine snuck into the fray with the grace of an old spy. There, standing among many bodies, was Eleanor and Amalrik. Hurriedly, she ushered them behind her body, strange, dual colored eyes staring at the ensuing chaos without a tear shed or even a twitch of sympathy on her icy, elegant face.

Ophelia had fought many wars. She praised the Sun God. Three herds had served beneath her cloven hooves. But, she could say resolutely, that this was not her fight. The bone monster and remnants of chaos would take more than she could offer, and those who dared to take Kaos down now, at the height of his power, were fools. Their best bet was to regroup, so she sent her thoughts to those around her, reaching deep into their minds to speak into their very heads.

"REGROUP! FALL BACK!".

She shouted through as many minds as she could reach before taking her child and Amalrik away from the madness.

"This winter breath, taste of death
Where iron meets flesh. we'll take it all"

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Arakh Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17'2hh :: 2 HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

Arakh was amongst the first to land when the ground began to stir, and he saw everything unfold before him. He saw the creature erupt from the altar of death and become solid, an animal born of all the Helovian's hard work. Arakh himself had helped gather those bones, helped create this monster, and there's a cold fury in his eyes as he watches the thing unfurl and offer its threats.

Not only that, but there is a disembodied voice that seems to be commanding it, a voice that sounds like it will bring Kaos upon their world. Arakh has never felt so small or so useless. His family are here, his brothers, his sister, his mother, but that is of little comfort. They are all as endangered as each other.

So he does nothing but stand and watch, noting with an idle snort that some are attacking the creature. Fools. This thing cannot just be taken down; it will require thought, consideration, not this. As much as he wants to fight, he knows he can't. Others are not so sensible.

That includes his sister Oizys, and he rolls his eyes as she charges with obscenities ripping free from her jaws. His attention is only piqued when his mother follows.

They'll be fine, he thinks.

THOSE WHO OPPOSE THEE
SHALL KNOW THE WRATH OF HEAVEN
image credit

[ ARAKH ]

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

It was a one-two gutpunch.

A tail swiped at me, and I was able to dodge it easily--from within I was able to find the spark stream and zpsnk! out of the way of the flailing appendage. But when I came back to earth, some yards away from where I’d been charging, my whole body screamed with pain, a sudden, gut-wrenching blow to my whole right side, and I screamed from the bowls of my body because--

--because Chico couldn’t teleport with me--

--and he had been right there with me in the charge--

--so the tail found a mark anyway.

I didn’t see the actual impact, even though it was all I could feel--but I watched as Chico’s grey body flew through the air, spinning uncontrollably even though his wings were flapping mightily in an attempt to right himself. He landed some ways off, and even though my whole body throbbed with his I still ran after him. I still collapsed on top of him, and then I felt the blast of even more pain as something broken gave under my weight.

Chico Chico Chico Chico Chico Chico-- I sobbed over and over in my head, the tears of wrath already springing over my cheeks. He wasn’t dead--his life glowed to brightly in my head for me to think that--but there was a waver in his presence, a wail in his throat he fought hard against. Ouch, he said in our mental link, trying and failing for some lame-ass humor, cuz I was worried sick and this shit wasn’t funny but at least I knew he’d be okay.

That was the only relief I was gonna get; I looked up, just in time to see Nyx being grabbed by the monster’s hungry jaws. “NO!” I shouted, but it was too late, like always, and all I could do was nurse my injured companion while seeing the fruits of my failure as--everything.

A demigod.

A companion.

A General.

A friend.

Jeez.

"talk"

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Verro Posts: 25
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Pegasus :: 17 :: Three Seasons
Nova

Betrayal is a bitter pill to swallow, and this one is offered without sweet words or a tempting hand. It is forced, forced past pried open lips and jabbed down the throat. Verro feels it like a sharp stab to her chest, a lump forced down her throat as she spluttered between the common tongue and the tongue of her father. She had liked Kisamoa, like so many. His strangeness had endeared her to him, an oddity, a stranger in a strange place. It resonated with her, and now it had been stolen away and replaced by fear and repulsion.

She's too young to be of use, that much she knows. Dun painted legs are rooted to the spot as the bone creature roared to life at the fruitless onslaught. "Don't!" Her harsh scream is drowned out by the surge of magic and words of others. Her lilac orbs filled with tears she didn't know she could shed, crystalline as they slid down her face while she watched a poor mare be almost chomped in two.

Verro knows better than to reason, her body moved without her permission, stiff and shakey as she was swiftly carried by adrenaline and instincts to the feathered boy that reminded her somewhat of her father. He seemed shocked too, his voice attempted to stand out from the throng and resonate with the thing they had come to trust. "Why did he do it?" She asked suddenly, a silent sob racked through her body. She wasn't sure if the boy would answer, part of her didn't expect him to. She was waning though, the spirit flames flared and died in abrupt surges. Her blurry vision barely registered the happy-go-lucky looking boy which appeared next to the one she had chosen to stand beside.

Later she will hate herself for her weakness, as the last of her porcelain hardened to ivory, to steel.

Verro
You spend your whole life just to remember the sound
When the world was brighter, before we learned to dim it down
IMAGE CREDIT

@Iskra I hope you don't mind that she ambled over to him.
[Image: BGJGwn32.png]
force & aggression permitted against Verro at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
WINDOW SEAT TO CHAOS OVERLOAD

"ISKRA!"
Her voice snapped out like an electric jolt from the clouds, briefly terrible and illuminating as it cut across the distance that separated her from her youngest.
"Go home, take any other foals with you, NOW!"

She had drawn upon him with her second set of words, bumping him with her head, an attempt at pushing him from his frozen spot and igniting his action. This was no place for a child as young as he - this was potentially no place for any of them, but she'd have to at least attempt to push back.

Ampere dashed from the boy's side, falling in line next to @Volterra as she spotted him already in the surroundings. Her gaze flicked towards Aithniel as well, wondering if their lead, if their demi-god, knew anything they didn't on how to defeat this monster. Ampere hadn't bothered to think much on her feelings of him during the requests and first meetings. She'd been too numb to notice, too broken to care, but it didn't even matter now. The only relevant feelings she needed was that this monster was a threat to them, and for that he had to be extinguished. Her features were pulled taut with anger, teeth exposed beneath tight lips, as Nyx fell to the vile creature's savagery.

"Maybe he had a source of weakness," she breathed to Volterra, her gaze never leaving the bone structure. "Maybe an element, or a certain spot to hit. Maybe not even the creature at all." Her attention flicked to the odd black altar. "WE SHOULD COMBINE OUR EFFORTS, HIT HIM ALL AT ONCE!"

Her voice lifted to a roar as a suggestion to everyone gathered. "HE CAN'T SURVIVE ALL OF US - WE ARE HELOVIA!"
Around her sparks danced to life, the energy she amassed forming into a large electric horse, signifying them, all of them.

A M P E R E

darya87.deviantart.com

Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Kisamoa was... Kaos?

The fox-boy also watched the bone creature with horror and a sinking heart as the others began to swarm around it, his voice stuck in his throat as his mind screamed them to stop. "Don't" he cried finally as one after the other lunged at the behemoth, but to no avail as still it stood, a grotesque creation of their own hard labour. They had been fooled, all of them, even when doubt had nagged the back of his mind, Sacre had paid it no heed. Even after the Rifts and Aviya he had still wanted to believe in the goodness of Kisamoa... I am Kaos. His bizarre voice pierced through Sacre, berating and humorous, laughing at how easy they had been to manipulate to his desires. It brought back memories of wraiths and rift creatures, of death, 

Even Sacre felt like lunging himself at the beast, throwing his body against it with all his might in the heat of his anger, uncaring for what might happen. The spire, the monster, the God... Even the Gods had been deceived. 

Yet, with his anger growing each second, he hesitated long enough to watch the grey mare, the Sergeant, Nyx, as she was snatched from the earth and into the creature's bony jaws before being spat back into a crumpled heap, like she was some rag doll. Was she alive? Feeling sick, but also feeling duty bound to his herd mate, Sacre attempted to make his way towards the fallen warrior as a cry in his head shouted a retreat.

feed me, spark me up 
a monster in my bloodstream chews me up

image credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Luther Posts: 10
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 hh :: 3 months
tamme

The little war boy watched the outcome of this situation with a sociopathic indifference. No surprise marked his features not hurt pierce his heart. How could something so pointless affect him so? His loyalty and love was standing right beside him in the form of his twin brother and his mother. There was nothing else. No one else. His love nor care could extend so far to open this umbrella to actions or things. So, Kisamoa, standing there like some god of darkness did nothing but make him wonder.

Why not use him?

Right?

I mean, he used them. The gods of their land cowed to their demands through pretty words and offerings, so surely this vile god could be swayed by the same. And, it's as he said - he was fair. And, he did warn them about that bone monster. Perhaps mother was too invested in the situation to see it his way, but the more he thought about it, the more he wondered if they should get rid of him at all.

He cleaned up this section of Helovia. He offered a challenge to their gods to shape up. Mother always said that battle and competition bred strength, so wasn't this, in the long term anyway, a good thing? Luther continued to ponder this situation logically while his brother and mother stood resolute against this stranger, but his heart was not in the fight. Instead, he studied the bone monster. He watched the way it moved... so feline.

HHmmm.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne hadn’t been expecting this. She knew that Helovia wasn’t safe, knew that peace could only go on so long, but the past few years hadn’t felt like peace to her so she thought they had more time. She truly had believed that Kisamoa had been there to bring good things into their world. Helovia deserved more than this - deserved more than the shouts and angry cries that were rising around her as they all realized they had been tricked.

She lingered near the back, struck dumb and uncertain of what to do, until she watched with horror as the creature made of bones took hold of someone she knew.

“NYX!”

She heard a voice inside of her head urging her to get away but Alysanne ignored it, pushed it aside thinking it was only the frightened mare she used to be. She might have ran, might have gathered together every foal she could find and everyone she could and urged them to get away to safety, but she couldn’t turn away from Nyx. Her green eyes were blazing with a hatred that paled everything else and she moved forward - standing near @Ampere but her attention wasn’t even pulled by the sight of the monstrous electric horse.

She couldn’t focus on anything that wasn’t the silver mare she admired. She could still be alive.

“GET AWAY FROM HER!” Alysanne screeched at the monster, her anger boiling hot and threatening to choke her. She was already blinded by it, ignorant and uncaring as she unfurled her wings to make herself seem larger. She had no magic to throw at the beast but she had her body and she wasn’t alone. That had to be enough.

Alysanne
the devoted

image | coding
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Kiuaji Posts: 40
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 9 HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Matanye :: African Crowned Eagle :: None Nova
Kiuaji

Well, shit. Kiuaji hadn't busied himself with gathering the bones and a part of him is relieved. He hasn't caused the weird monster guard dog that now hunted and spied on them like particularly tasty morsels at an all you can eat buffet. Still, he cannot deny the chilling shiver that ran down his spine. God's are the greatest players of the game, are they not? They hid their hands well, they knew how to misdirect and deceive, or so the stories he'd been told had said. It appeared that they were right, maybe it was for the best that Dorobo's God's had died, screaming into an abyss while their would-be-servants turned a deaf ear and a blind eye.

The poisoner has seen war, betrayal, death but nothing quite like this. A land brought to ruin pales in comparison to what God's truly brought.

He sighed, eyes slipping shut as the familar grey hide of Nyx found itself between the jaws of the creature many had helped build. Matanye is in his mind in an instant, a soothing, flooding warmth. Tentative and questioning, she too is disturbed and alarmed but she relied on her bonded to ground her in uncertain times. Now she was just returning the favor.

Fall back, regroup.

Not a half-bad idea.

Another mare wanted to unify them and fight.

Also not a half-bad idea. If a little suicidal.

The Poisoner weighs his options as his purple eyes flickered open.

You have magic, use it. Her voice is an echo, a ripple on a calm pool and he exhaled a sigh. Yes, he had magic. He supposed now was more the time than any to use it. Matanye left his withers in a great beat of her wings, no doubt off to try and find Tembovu among the carnage.
The pain is a sweet bitter taste, not-so-gentle tendrils of shadow and earth strip his flesh in bright streaks of red in his mind, he contorted and shifted a grunt and hiss of pain. The Lindworm coiled and thrashed as it replaced the poisoners visage, forked tongue flickered between long teeth. Clawed paws tested the earth beneath their grasp before he coiled onto his belly, slithering forward like a serpent through the crowd, horned head tilted to keep the creature in his sights.

He will attack if necessary, but for once the Poisoner is selfless in his wants. He will find Edge members and see that they are safe. He will edge closer to the stricken Nyx so he may offer a defensive barrier if able.

the serpent within the mist
Art Credit
[Image: kiuajipixel_by_abbie1234_d9nzm2x_by_drea...9nzm7u.png]

"let me shatter your frame of mind, my dear"

force & magic permitted on Kiuaji at all times
with the exception of maiming and death.

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Aithniel looked around her and was surrounded by sons. She couldn't have been more proud than she as at that moment. She eyed Tyrath, seeing that her boy had taken after her in aging quickly and briefly smiled while giving an approving nod. The Inquisitor tucked her wings to her side and stood proudly, thinking on the matters at hand when a yelling voice echoed through her head, telling her to fall back. That voice was familiar, and she furrowed her brows, looking around for the source. In the back of the crowd, a slinky white mare moved children from the fray, and she nodded once.

Ampere called them to action, but now, she wasn't sure if that was the right choice. As much as her blood and bones called her to destroy the heretic, she did not want to see any others fall while this god was at the height of his abilities with a newly born monster of bones.

"Caution!" she called, looking for Volterra, Tyrath and Ampere. "From a distance, first. Do not let it get close... We have to test its abilities like we did with the other rift gods." She turned then toward Mattheo and Luther, looking at them with a loving but stern expression.

"Stand to the side, boys- please. Be careful." She then turned her attention back to the monster and summoned a fireball , tossing it straight at the nasty body monster. If it could repel fire, then she wasn't sure what they could do to take it down...

A i t h n i e l

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice.
credits

@Ampere @Tyrath @Mathèo

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

For Vastra’s part, she didn’t see what the big deal was. So what if Kisamoa had been masquerading as someone else - he had given her magic, shown her what was possible - and there was no indication that this Kaos was a threat. Sure, he had just picked up someone from the crowd and chomped down on her but they had all been attacking him acting as though he was some monster that needed to be put down.

Vastra didn’t see it that way. She still felt the awe she had first felt when she had seem Kisamoa in all his glory but it was amplified now. How incredible it was to watch the bones they had collected move and shift into a living (?) creature and watch it as it prowled and attacked.

She wondered if she would to take one of the bones from it now, would she also turn into such a mighty creature? Would this 'Kaos' be able to show her more magic and more wonders?

The dun filly watched in amazement, standing still and wide-eyed in all the chaos, until her gaze caught on a now very familiar white figure.

@Kolr didn’t seem to be impressed.

She considered ignoring the girl, considered leaving her behind, but she had already (accidentally) done that before when they were going to collect bones and she thought twice was unnecessarily rude. So Vastra trotted over to her, giving the girl a rough nudge and motioning away from the monster, away and east towards home before saying two simple words. “Let’s go.”

Vastra
image credits

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

The Dauntless had been around Helovia too long to be naive. He trusted little, and his trust was no longer in the Gods. Each one had fallen at a different time--the Sun when he burned his herdland; the Moon when she murdered his love and the others; Spark was never able to hold it; now, standing here as the creature revealed itself to truth, the behemoth lost his trust and faith in the Earth.

It burned in his chest like liquid fire.

His eyes hardened.

Nyx leapt forward, knocking his granddaughter her child out of the way, but being claimed by the jaws of the bone monster. While the gray mare had never been his friend, he did not wish to see her harmed in such a manner. Loretta lowered her weight and snarled beside him, her tail erect and every hair standing on end. Kill it, Archibald. She demanded, her amber eyes fiery and furious.

Helovians scrambled around him, but two voices stuck out. One was someone who would never lose his trust: Ophelia. The other was a mare he did not trust: Ampere.

Fall back!

Fight!

The Dauntless had never been one to retreat, and he was not about to start now.

I am sorry, @Ophelia.

The Dauntless lifted a huge, solid hoof and slammed it against the earth. Immense, powerful tremors shook the ground and moved out in waves toward Kaos. Simultaneously, he summoned flint and threw it at the bone monster, projectile flames bursting and igniting.

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
image credits

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
volterra
As Erebos addresses him, the leviathan turns, his face crumpled with concern. "Honestly?" he says, his voice as gruff as ever but garlanded with something new - worry. "I have no idea. I've fought monstrous things in my time, but this thing has me beat." To admit this aloud is a kick in the balls for him, because Volterra never admits defeat. This is different, though. This is an animal that none can be expected to defeat, not without considerable loss of life.

Everything explodes suddenly; some attack the creature and it responds brutally, sending the most crushing message possible as it almost rips a mare in two. As her children run to her, the stallion breathes a deep, painful breath, his jaw clenched and his hooves pawing the ground. "Shit," he hisses. This is what they're dealing with - a creature with no morals, and seemingly no weaknesses. It repels everything, from explosions to swords, without even a mark on it.

Aithniel slides into place next to him and the leviathan spares her a nod, although his attention cannot be torn from the dying mare and her children. Then comes Tyrath in his dragon form, and the sight of the mare's offspring makes the stallion subconsciously reach out to his son, needing to touch him and gain comfort from his hard scales. He's grown so fast, obviously taking after his godly grandfather, and Volterra is so damn proud of him as he speaks. That's my son, he thinks, and his heart swells.

What shall we do? He takes comfort from the fact others are asking them that; it is a mirror to his abilities and the reputation he is building for himself. They look to him for guidance, but for the first time Volterra fears he will come up short. He has fought and conquered dozens, but never something like this. Ampere comes too, and her message is clear; fight, band together and take the thing down. She suggests trying different elements and the stag finds himself nodding. "You are right. Remember the diseases that the Rift Gods brought with them? They were each cured by a different type of magic. To my eyes, this creature is nothing more than a disease, and finding the key to its elemental weakness may just be our way to defeat it." His words are strong, booming out over the meeting; his fear has gone to be replaced by determination, because they have a plan now. They can do this. They will do this.

Aithniel answers by launching a fireball, but they've already established that fire doesn't work - that can't be the answer. "I have earth magic, you have spark, Ampere. We've tried fire, that doesn't seem to work - we need water, dark, wind, light, time." He reels the magic off as though on a list, his voice growing progressively louder and more earthquake-like. "If you have those powers, now is the time to use them!" The Indomitable releases a savage war cry and summons his earth magic, erupting a spike from the ground underneath one of the creature's feet to try and pierce right through it. Attacking from a distance like Aithniel suggested should allow them to test the beast out whilst staying out of range of its killing jaws. "It must have a weakness. Everything has a weakness." His voice rises excitedly as he commands the earth itself to attack the creature.

I NEVER FEAR DEATH OR DYING, I ONLY FEAR NEVER TRYING
I AM WHATEVER I AM, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW

image | coding

@Erebos @Tyrath @Aithniel @Ampere

Vol is suggesting using different magic types on the creature! He's used his Earth magic on the creature's foot.

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

"We need to get the children out of here." The Warrioress muttered, her eyes never once left the bone creature. Not after it had all but devoured a mare. It's intention was clear, it's masters even clearer. This was now quickly turning into a battlefield. Children had no place on it. She trudged forward until she was beside @Ampere, her head nodded in a silent agreement. Running away was not an option, to leave the creature here would be foolish. They had already invited the monster into their bed, they didn't need to let it move in and let them foot the rent too while it ate it's way through their population.

"Verro, leave." She urged, her odd coloured eyes on her daughter when she spied her waning and flaring flames from the side. "Go with the rest of the Throat foals, find your brother and sister if they are here, do not leave without them." It's less of a command and more of a plea. She doesn't want her children harmed, or worse, she doesn't want them to see her bleed if she ended up on the receiving end of those teeth or claws.

Her wings flared and she launched herself into the air, high enough to avoid the creature as she scouted the field. Anything at all, any environmental flaws they could use to their advantage as they tested it. All the while, her ears and trained on her Sultana, the occasional glance thrown their way should they decide that testing was over, it was time for action.

"Speech."

Art by Bronzehalo@ DA

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu
Öde
At first he doesn't understand what's happening. He's missed most of the adventures with Kisamoa you see, having been in a grave of sorts. He helped clear the land and gather the bones though, so he's present as all of this goes down, but he doesn't have that same budding sense of betrayal or "I told you so!" as everyone else around him. Truthfully, even if he had been here from the start, Öde may not have felt that at all.

Because what Öde feels in the presence of a god, however corrupt or not, is awe.

You really must appreciate the fact that Kisamoa Kaos managed to trick the entirety of Helovia, gods included. Even if some horses felt a skepticism in their chest, they still hadn't stopped Kaos, now did they? So truly, Kaos is admirable for his talents, and softly Öde smiles at the skeleton beast and its many-layered voices. It tells everyone not to attack, to leave, and yet they stay and assault him anyway. Then, then they are surprised that it fails?

Öde laughs.

He's standing at a distance, where his magic ought not fail that of anyone in the main grouping, content to watch the drama unfurl, his own manhood threatening to do the same as he pleasures in this display of power.
That, and, now he knows gods can't be killed.

Am I a god?
because what happens in the haruspex cave
stays in the haruspex cave

Image by Smithers
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

The world exploded before him, contorted in mayhem, consigned to the riches of bedlam. Years later, he might’ve rejoiced at the scene, felt his heart shudder at the wake of so many opportunities to unravel, to unveil, to drive unholy ventures down into the roots of pandemonium – but his soul was too tired, too exhausted, too fraught with peril to do anything but stare.

There were seemingly no answers. Others fought, flashing their swords, their armor, their might and will towards the monster – and though they’d seen it all before, though they’d brandished weapons and heralded all of their thunderous glory into disaster and vile, rotten heathens, it didn’t seem to matter now. Fire was deflected. Beings were scattered. Warriors were felled. Children cried, followed others out of harm’s way.

His mind twisted and turned into so many directions at once – some echoed over the lungs of others with a fall back and he glanced around wondering who’d shouted (because it certainly hadn’t been Orsino), and then the blue, lightning mare summoned them all to fight, and everything burned down into his sights, into his chest, crawling and rasping over his marrow until he was just as maddened and ignited, incensed and infuriated, as the rest.

When did he ever give in?

Aithniel was out there somewhere too, all white and glistening fury, but he knew better than to follow, to drive himself into the open to be attacked, assaulted, and annihilated like the silvern femme (who’d seemed to only want to protect her babe, and even that smoldered and seethed along the curls and coils of his audacity; a taste of vengeance, a legion of seething ambition, a touch, a relish, of the old foundations begging him for abhorrence and direction).

He nodded to Volterra, and proceeded, slowly, carefully, forward, along shadows and walls, along infernal alleys and twisted pathways, staring at the collection of moving bones and awakening wrath. Contempt flooded through his system, and it obeyed with such an unrelenting grace – eager, fervent, ready to overcome grief, anguish, and misery with lacquered loathing – that he extended the tiniest of smiles over the length of his lips. The corruption seethed and touched along his bones, bewitching, extending towards the massive cretin like a thread of darkness, desperate to tip the scales, to entice and encourage, to spell him into disaster and ruin, rubble and desecration. A command whispered through the shroud, stop, a beckoning for the beast to yield for just a moment, to cease movement, to abruptly alter its course into nothingness, so the rest of the realm could obliterate it.

[Erebos tries to use his corruption magic to get the bone monster to stop moving for a sec. ;D]

Erebos
i have nothing, but then the have is not as good as the want

image || table

@Volterra @Aithniel for brief mentions