the Rift

[OPEN] SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely

Tyrath Posts: 61
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 2 [birdsong] HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Harcos :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Nova
Oh, to be a dragon!

A lopsided grin appeared on his fanged maw when Volterra touched his scaled hide. It comforts him just as much as it comforted the indomitable, grounds him and keeps him focused. The acid bubbling in his veins subsided in that moment, allowed a breath to escape him that was not laced with hatred and malice. "Don't get sentimental on me, old man." He murmured so only his father could hear. Despite the lightness, he knows that this isn't like that day in the meadow. This creature is no wolf, it is a monster who acts on base instincts infused with the magic of a malevolent god. It will feel nothing as they trade blow after blow, it'd simply pull itself back together and break them without batting an eyelash. It keeps it light because he knows how high the stakes are, one wrong move and the curtains will close.

The God Blood has blessed him at least, with the ability to grow strong and fast. So that he may stand there with his mother and father, ready to defend both them and his homeland. He is proud of them both, so very proud. Proud to be their son and their ally.

His eyes find Aithniel as she nodded to him, and he dipped his head. Despite ribbing Volterra for his sentimental touch, his draconian muzzle extended to try and touch her ashen skin. Grounding him, bringing him back from the acid again. A silent question of 'are you okay.'

They speak of weaknesses and he's drawn back to the battle, leathery wings extended ready to carry him into the air. Fire has little use on the bones, and a disgruntled growl ripped from his throat. "Everything has a weakness." He confirmed, eyes narrowing as the earth spike his father summoned erupted into existence, punctuated with one of his own bestial bellows deep from his chest. "If God's can die, so can their creations. We can do this. Perhaps it would we wise to combined attacks and hit it at once, rather than individually." He doesn't posses ranged magic, but he will defend the point with his life. If the beast launched itself at either of his parents, he would not hesitate to put himself between it's jaws and them.

"Talk."
Tyrath

image | coding

@Aithniel @Volterra
[Image: tyrath_by_bronzehalo_d9yw5wg_by_arahvir-d9yx9ov.png]

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy
The prince was skeptical of this beast from the moment he met him. Others believed that he should help them clean the mess made by others, but he knew different. The boy was not stupid and he was not at all suprised by the outcome of this beast. Golden eyes flaired as he watched the bone beast grow from the remains of the other bones. He seeks out for that annoying so call prince of throat. He wanted to say I told you so. Zubari wanted to rub the whole situation in his face, but he didn't. He stayed quiet watching the creature pick up the gray unicorn and shake her in a canine like manner. Small hooves remained still in the kaos of everything. Some ran past him for home others stayed and fought for their pride. Were they stupid ? Did the heathens not see the beast was not human? There is no way of defeating the creature. Some tried to get together to make a plane, and others weeped and sobbed. Zubari did not do anything. He was not upset and did not feel betrayed by the god. Maybe it was beacuse he did not have faith in anything that says it is powerful. He could thank his father for that. Speaking of Tembovu where was the elephant? The chocolate boy was sure he would come storming in as his great elephant form to save the day. Zubari chuckles slightly shaking his head listening to this Kaos guy.

He walked foward not paying any attametion to the others that were fighting with power and magic. Bright golden eyes looked up at the bone beast, then to the Kaos God. He was far enough to try and stay safe, but close enough to see full detail of everything." He created this land. Everyone helped him create this. Do you not understand that this is all our fault? Kaos was made from our greed for things. This bone creature was made from that as well. Everyone thought they were going to get something out of this, and they did. Clearly there is a plan and this is apart of it. Embrace change, and Kaos never lied. Everyone was just too stupid to realize who kis was. That is no one's but your own fault." Golden eyes flicked to the Kaos God then to the others.

Hopefully Fido over here would not give the boy a lashing for standing too close. He spoke from his heart and he spoke the truth. Greed can manifest its self in many forms. It just so happened to be the form of a giant canine beast in Helovia. Shoulders shrugged slightly seeing Verro in the distance. His heart ached for her and wanted to tell her it will all be okay, but that would be a lie. Standing still watching and waitin Zubari blended in with the mud and earth. Should he run, hide, cower, and shake in fear for what has happened? Nope, that was not an option. Well right now it wasn't. He wanted to watch and see how stupid the helovians were. This should be fun....

"Talk."
zubari
"I’ll take my bow I won’t make a sound I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

image | coding
Lyrics

@Tembovu for mentioning

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Kaos Posts: 37
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: :: Ageless
Admin
If you listened, it was almost as if you could hear the sound of Kaos' eyes rolling. A loud exhale blew through the small clearing, ripe with Kaos' disappointment and annoyance.

"I am not lying." It said evenly, Kaos' physical form still hidden from view. "Magic and bones. Magic from a world other than this. Your Gods have severely mislead you, or you've allowed yourselves to be mislead by their fairy tales if you think gumption and friendship and this air of if we all work together we'll preserver! will actually work. "

The bone monster roared its aggravation, though as multiple magical attacks fell upon its body, once again, there was no effect. It staggered, swaying slightly as the ground beneath it rocked and rolled, but it remained in one piece (well, in hundreds of pieces, but magically held together), looking as ferocious and animated as ever.

"Not every battle is worth fighting. Go away, for now. I shall call you back and tell you more when I do. For now, you only waste your efforts and risk your lives."

The monster snapped its jaws towards Aithniel, as she'd been one of the most vocal. An almost canine-like paw swept towards her, aiming to strike her shoulder and send her flying. It had had enough of her commander-like attitude. Tyrath at her side was likely also to receive a swat from the monster's claws, for its fingers were spread wide and its dew claws were long and ragged.

In its focus on Aithniel and those by her, the creature left Nyx to die on her own, deciding it would eat her later (though what stomach would facilitate this was anyone's guess). Swinging its tail and body, the monster charged.

Feel free to have your characters maimed or hurt by the monster!
Image by BLU!

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
KIADA && KIANZO
once upon a time...

Reconciliation was something the filly had attempted to do with her brother, though deep down she knew she'd never truly forgive the colt. He needed to prove to her that he would be there for her - that if she were to get close he wouldn't end up leaving her again. Kiada thought she could handle a lot of things in her life with poise and grace, but her other half leaving her was something she knew would continually break her if she indeed suffered the date more than once. So while she agreed with Kianzo, she wasn't going to drop everything for him. He could take it how he wanted to, but Kiada wasn't a fool. She wouldn't be played as one. And it was this thought that continued to come to the forefront of her mind. She was strong, independent, powerful. She'd get the things she wanted out of life, whether or not Kianzo was there beside her.

Women were forces of nature.

She allowed Khairi to land upon her back once more while she and Kianzo talked, but when a loud voice erupted over the land, and the ground seemed to shake with some sort of event, it took far more of her interest. She moved quickly from the place she had shared with Kianzo toward the sound, evading any parental figures should they be there to bear witness to her approach. And as she closed in and her eyes fell upon the giant wolfish bone creature, fear was the last thing on her mind. She was excited, her eyes growing wide and hungry as she took in the power of the beast as he pushed his way through the crowds. Oh how she yearned for such a gift. The flames along her back erupted as deer and lions as her curiosity and courage began to animate her spine. Immediately, she moved toward the beast but not in the way the others did. She aimed to move toward the voice in whichever direction she thought it came from. She edged closer to the beast as well, as it began its rampage. “I will help you in your cause!” She called out to the giant creature, aiming for Kaos wherever he may be.

If anyone was going to be upset about the choices of people she chose to surround herself with, she might as well have given them a reason. And then, as she awaited a response, she pressed the anger that situated itself into her and began to create three small vortex's of fire around her and her brother, her eyes remaining on the large beast as if to scream 'i will be your puppet, let us help you in your plight’, the fire surrounding her aiming to prevent anyone else (especially her father) to try and pull her away.

"Talk."

an angel and a devil,
pressed their hands to their hearts —
and started the apocalypse.

image credits

Posting on my phone so I apologise for any issues ;-; @Kianzo

Kiada offers herself and hopefully Kianzo for helping Kaos!

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
melting under blue skies; sunlight, shimmering love

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. NOPE.

LOOK, I had wanted to leave. I was so ready to leave and just believe Aisling and her gut feeling that we shouldn’t be helping Kisamoa. I didn’t even pick up a single bone so you know what, this isn’t on me at all.

And just like with Deimos’ death (which I am, if you wish to know, still in denial about) I wanted no part in this shrine and the angry bone creature that was attacking everyone. None of it. I don’t even go over to the crowd once I realize what’s going on because what’s the point?

Oh I know what the point is, the point is to drag Aisling’s pretty little booty out of there and keep her safe.

But there are much bigger, much stronger horses around and. “Aisling!!” I call to her and then add another shout on the end of it. “Larue!” Jellybean joins in my screaming as we try to scan the crowd leaving and the crowd staying to find our family and get out of here ASAP.

stock by vivstock and humblebeez at deviantart.com

image credits

mentions @Larue (if she's around) and @Aisling :)
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
The Elephant King is still for a few, long moments. Black-rimmed ears perked, body a hard rock of muscle and bone as navy eyes stare down the events that unfold before him.

Kisamoa. Kaos.

Father Earth.

This betrayal, this trickery…it must have been what Dorobo was like as he fled the fall. And, despite the black pit of treachery that awned in his barrel, some sort of opportunity for redemption burst as bright light against his skull.

And so an Elephant’s bellowing trumpet ripped through the pandemonium of the battlefield. The time for action was now—except @Nyx had already heeded that call. The Elephant, frozen by his magic as he shifted into a true elephant, watched with wide and helpless eyes as the bone monster’s mismatch teeth (—gathered by Helovians—) sank into one of his oldest friends.

With sheer fight and will, he ripped free of his magic’s freezing power, large grey feet shaking the earth as he charged forward. “REGROUP! FALL BACK!” @Ophelia ’s words shout into his mind, but his ears flap in an angry elephantine charge—

Until @Ampere ’s words and large, electrical horse called his attenion. Navy eyes, angry and tense, only fully leave Nyx’s body when he sees @Sacre approach the mare’s broken body. And so his elephantine form comes alongside the Mother of Companions and @Volterra . His large, flapping ears hear the Indomitable’s words, and guttural grunt of agreement comes from the old Elephant general.

“Edge warriors, to me!” His bone-shaking trumpet called all the warriors of the Edge to join the gathered Throat warriors. Divided, the bone monster would tear them apart as it did to Nyx.

Then he saw two of his children: Zubari and Kiada. ’Mbwene, get foals.’ But his mental command was ignored by and overwhelming panic that swelled from his companion. ’CHICO,’ was her scream—though it was more panicked emotion that true words. A comically small cloud of ash was sent in the direction of the monster, before the small elephant charged towards @Roskuld and her injured Chico, her trunk out and gently probing for life and injuries.

@Zubari , @Kiada , get away,! the Elephant King shouted, instead of sending his companion. Unfortunately, a wall of fiery tornados separated the King from his daughter—and so his attention turned back to those he stood alongside.

And then he sent a wave of elephantine magma at the beast while it attacked the Inquisitor.

What had they done?
Tembovu
the elephant king

image | coding

Tembovu stands with the DT crowd, calls WE warriors/people to him, and sends some magma at the bone monster as it attacks Aith.
Mbwene runs to Chico, obvs.

Aquila Posts: 95
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Craonos :: Common Narwhal Leviathan :: Boil smitty
The seahorse stares as Kisamoa becomes Kaos.

Some strange, sickening feeling tears into her breast. It is like a wound, but hotter and deeper. But the pebbled skin there—it is is intact. Whole. So unlike the feeling that splinters through her chest, gut, and mind.

A strange sound comes from the Akvian. Like a keen, but lower. It is a sound meant to be heard beneath the waves, so above water it sounds… alien; a deep cry to fill in the gaps between the kaos.

Overlarge eyes stare, unblinking, as Kisamoa Kaos disappears into the nether. Another god, another corruption, another betrayal to shake mortal through their interim bones.

Bones that were now being used against them. A monster, sanctimoniously dubbed ’Fido’ by a foul-mouthed mare. Aquila stood, webbed hooves in the boggy soil, for a few moments longer as other attacked, arranged, fled

And then her own scream entered the fray, an unearthly sound meant for oceanic battles. And she charged, thoughtlessly throwing herself at the bone monster, bladed horn slashing and sharp teeth snapping. Her barbed tail whipped wildly.

And a pained wound in her chest sluggishly bled out all the hope in her soul.

men have drowned
in seas such as these

Aquila attacks the bone monster after making crazy noises.

Please tag Aquila in all posts.

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
like a jar, you housed infinite tenderness
and infinite tenderness shattered you
It’s not a skeleton army, but Yael’s jest hadn’t been far off. A skeleton monster (and hey, shouldn’t she at least get an “I told you so,” or some sort of bonus points for like, half guessing that it would be used against the very gatherers of bone?) is almost as bad. Or maybe worse, if you factor in the magic? There is only one target, but a very bad one indeed.

Yael is not a warrior, she has no magic here, and she not brawny enough to try and take a beating for the sake of aiding others. She can fly rather adeptly, but whether or not that may be of help in this situation unclear, unless a diversion is needed. Although in reality, she might be putting herself in line of fire, having never worked with this particular group before. They seem to know each others’ abilities - and Yael does not. There seem to be plenty of those who can help in the battle arena, so perhaps she is best put to work elsewhere - helping keep children safe. She can do nothing but observe for awhile while the actual (literal) chaos unfolds before her.

Isopia (oh, hello again!) yells at her father, the God of the Earth, though she does not completely understand it, so be it. There are explosions and lightning and fire and yelling and hurling bodies and blood (oh my), and others, simply standing and watching as she is. Helovia is as mad a place as B’kanna is indeed, if not more crazy.

Regroup! Fall back! Echoes clearly in her head, and the little golden mare has more than half a mind to heed it. There’s no reason to stay right now. A God (if she understood everything correctly) had stolen land and made it his home. They had best go to make a plan, and live to fight another day. There are a couple of foals standing together in groups, and with a quick assessment, the motherly mae heads first for a rather distressed-looking filly and winged colt on the sidelines One is of the Edge, the other isn’t - but that doesn’t mean Yael can’t get him out of the way too. Her wings expand a little as she makes a shooing motion with them, urging @Verro  and @Iskra  to continue on their way. “Eet’s getting dangerous, xelp me get ze rest of ze cheeldren out of xere?” she asks - no, tells them-  them firmly - as if they hadn’t already been commanded to do by various parents.

Leaving the duo, she makes her way over to @Kolr  and @Vastra urging them the same way, with a firm, but gentle smile. “Come on girls, eets time to go.” Yael then turns to look for others - and spies a boy watching the duo she’d just tried to keep moving out of the way. And - oh shit - the bone beast is charging and there’s more fire. Hell no. “Go!” She yells to the foals she’s already visited, turning around to try and catch Zubari’s eye. She’s coming for him next. Tembovu’s voice catches her attention briefly. If she wasn’t enough of an authority figure (she’s naught but an adult, really - no rank to speak of), the King’s command to get away might be enough.

lines | coloring | coding

Yael tries to round up various foals and gtfo

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

The commotion was heard easily from the serpent's outpost in the Endless Blue (a humble palm leaf structure) - How anyone could miss such an event was beyond him. The rumbles and thunderous voices heard over the psithurism, the waves and theh chorus of nature was simply impossible to miss. With a fleeting heart and quivering steps the gilded gelding began his gallop towards the bellows and quakes, soon finding himself among a large crowd.

Pressing his way forwards into the summoned gathering, Toulouse's pale eyes looked with both wonder and horror at the structure that had been built and the bones at its foot. He knew the selcouth beast was not to be trusted and yet he had helped create this relic. What was it? Necromancy? Blood Magic? In fact he was quite sure all too many of them were suspicious of the creature. Why oh why did they help it!
Cries of rallying had come from a lapis-coloured woman and the Indomitable gave similar orders. A gathered force of magic would surely harm this dark deity would it not?

Toulouse strode forwards to stand at the right side of Volterra, a man who not long ago he had duelled with. On this day would fight beside him. Giving a nod of encouragement, fraternity, and acknowledgement for the lady Inquisitors words and te Indomitibles plan, Toulouse's furrowed brow soon turned onwards to the being formed from the bones.
IT was then that the chants from the small child, brown and spotted that caused toulouses teeth to grit and soon a roar of his own escaped his lips.
"There is a real enemy! You are a child, do not pretend to possess a sliver more wisdom or information than any present, and don't you dare divide this army with your stupid, toothless mouth. We stand together or all is lost!"

Awakening him from his rant was the rumble and barreling of charging feet; the creature charged.
Leaping and scrambling, Toulouse tried his damnedest to flee from the path of the monster - only to be struck hard in the neck. A superficial wound at most, yet daringly painful. Crystalline eyes darting around amongst a flurry of bone and blood, toulouse looked to the trumpet of his own monarch. Fight they would.
Springing with great discomfort the gelding slunk around the marsh and magma to stand with the warriors of his herd and his King. ""There must be a way to break it's defenses!" Toulouse boomed, soon turning his gaze sharply upon those of the Elephant "The Pillar - It could be a source of his power, his magic resistance... We should remove the bones and destroy it at once." This he spoke as close to a whisper as possible so the old god might not hear, his clear gaze shifting to the warriors who might help him with this task.

art: © x coding: © x

toulouse suggests that they instead try to ruin the altar and the runed spire!
@Volterra for mentions, speaks directly to @Zubari and @Tembovu
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Byron Posts: 14
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: Three Seasons [Frostfall]
Nova
[Image: for_arahvir_by_franset_dalzb5m_by_arahvi...an974j.png]

The chaos around him was deafening, and all Byron could do was bleat and sob. He'd never been faced with something quite like this, suddenly Kisamoa was not Kisamoa anymore but a dangerous monster who summoned a monster to fight for him. His mind can't comprehend the depths and layers the betrayal has sent through the gathered masses, but his body knows when it's in dangerous. He see's the jagged teeth, and he certainly saw the grey unicorn be snatched up in the jaws of the beast like some chew toy.

All of it sends him into a fresh wave of tears as he trembled from his place in the marsh grasses. Magic shrieked through the air, voices screamed and hollered. Telling them to run, telling them to fight and all he wanted to do was curl up small and hope it went away. Odd coloured eyes snapped shut as his ears pressed back into his flaxen hair.

They only opened when they heard his ma's voice, aimed toward his older sister. Telling her to find him, and their sister and go. Part of him wanted to run out and embrace her, hide beneath her wings where she would tell him it'd be okay. There would be none of that, he spied her take to the air and it was then he leapt out and bounded toward Verro. Tears stained his splashed face as sobs wracked through his small frame. "W-why did he lie?" He whispered, as he all but threw himself under his sister's flaming wing. A strange gold mare is there, when he dares to look away from Verro, urging her to move along with another.

The golden lady doesn't need to tell him twice, his body pushed against Verro's until the girl began to move, all the while he hid beneath her wing. He had to be brave right? He tried to be brave as each step was shakier than the last and his breaths came as ragged sobs. They'd get out of here and he'd hide with his sister until their ma told them the world was okay again.

franset.deviantart.com | tag goes here

[Image: byron_by_ehrendi_daod2ik_by_arahvir-daoxhe4.png]

please only tag Byron in opening posts!

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

i want to be wild, beautiful and free

She really wants to say she’s surprised. Really. Truly. She wants to shock to register in her bones and even show on her face. She wish it twinged in her gut. But it doesn’t. Only betrayal. Syrena knows this place is hell. It takes far more than it gives, dangling little treats and like dogs they all stay and sit and roll over and play dead. Herself included, don’t get her wrong. And when the sea – even the scraps of the sea – came knocking, the hope that found her was an undeniable thing. And such a rare thing she’d grasped at willingly, knowingly. Not knowing what might come, but that it could be a trap. That in this prison, it probably was.

She’d hoped anyway. Shows you what she gets for hoping. For feeling anything at all.

Everything is so damn wrong. The sound of the words in her ears, the lurching earth. She just stands and watches, because what can she do but be transfixed by the horror that unfolds before her. By the deceit? And some are already fighting and the Earth God is there and Isopia is yelling at her father and Syrena just stays there, feet planted in the marshy ground, turning a myriad of colors where the water touches doing nothing. Because there is nothing for her to do. She cannot fight a monster made of bones. She has nothing to say worth saying. And she has no where to go.

Honestly, she’d take some more rum right about now.

The thought almost makes her laugh, though she doesn’t laugh. Instead she looks around for @Tarik, spotting him on the outskirts of the group and for some odd reason finding her feet moving in his direction. Why? Because what the hell else was she going to do. She wasn’t suicidal, and if she dove into the fight breaking out she sure as hell was going to get herself killed. So instead, she finds the man with the rum and says simply, “Seems like a hell of a time for a drink,” without any hint of emotion behind those words at all.

Because maybe there’d been a chance she could learn to be not herself. Maybe. But it’d just all been shot to hell. Though Kis…no, Kaos, promises plans as he tells them all to leave, and right now, she finds it tempting. So she leaves, because hell if she’s going to die for this. She has no idea if Tarik follows her, doesn’t care. Though she wouldn’t mind finding him and that rum more often. It was growing on her.

She does not go far. Just far enough to stay the hell out of the way of the bone monster.

syrena

just like the sea

Syrena stands on the outskirts of all this and tries to drink some of Tarik's rum. 0.0

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She’d been so busy tending to Rexanna and her foal that she misses when all hell breaks lose. But after it does, it’s impossible to miss any of it. She doesn’t go right away. Not until she is sure Rexanna and her filly can get away safely. Far, far away from the world that is falling apart as they know it. And only then, when she is sure that they are all right, that she goes.

The land is new, and she imagines it was beautiful for a moment. But now a monster made of bone lashes at those that try to fight. Some stand and fight against it, though Kaos tells them all to go. Tells them it’s futile. And certainly, it is. They cannot defeat the monster, she suspects, but that does not mean they won’t try. For try they do. She is in time to catch Tembovu’s voice calling to the World’s Edge army, and she follows the call though she is no fighter.

Once, she would have fallen into that battle with the power of the wind at her side. Now, she knows she will only be in the way. But she can help. She can heal, after all. Nyx is on the ground and quite possibly dying and Lyanna halts in her tracks when she sees this, but Sacre and other healers are already there. There is nothing else Lyanna can do. No, all she can do is help those still in the fight. She can keep them alive.

She keeps moving, skittering sideways as a bone-fingers rake toward her, catching the back right of her rump but missing anything substantial. She winces, but otherwise ignores it, because she wasn’t about to waste time or energy healing a flesh wound.

Soon she makes it to @Tembovu and the group that surrounds him. She spots Aly and Yael in the crowd, and her heart lurches, but they seem all right. Her eyes keep scanning the crowd, looking for anyone that needs help, though they settle on Tembovu long enough to say, “I can help.”

And for the first time in so long, she feels like herself. Yes you can, her brother’s voice says, somewhere in the back of her mind. And she swears he’s smiling.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

Esinakh Posts: 48
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: 2 HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sachi :: Plain Rougarou :: Water & Flame smitty
esinakh
Despite all their cleaning efforts, the marsh was still that: a marsh. The faintly sweet stench of rotting organic material wafted up to the airborne strangling calf. And she was fully intending to remain that way. Never would you find her tempting these black waters or investiagint the ruined spire.

And, while many were either proven right or woefully betrayed by Kaos’s appearance—the grullo calf was not perturbed by it. Perhaps some part of her odd mind was satisfied that he was as wrong as all his mismatched and asymmetrical parts. But, beyond that superficial realization, the girl’s bizarre mind was more aggrieved by the the bog than the bone beast.

At least, it was until the sister she generally avoided was bolting towards it. Her white-striped head cocked as she watched the scene unfold below her. Battle and warfare was alien to her—aside from the terrifying attack of the griffins—so she didn’t quite understand what Oizys was doing. Nor did she understand what Nyx was doing, either.

But she did fully comprenehdn the sicking snap of bone that seemed to pierce through the air and hit her square in the chest. “Mai?” Her soft squeak would be heard by none as her wings fluttered. And then she began to descend towards her family--now nearly as broken as her mind.

Please tag Esinakh.

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra
Ask no questions, and you'll be told no lies
So this place actually isn’t so different from home at all. Because one minute she’s chilling and helping (sort of) clean with a bunch of know-it-all princes (because you know, she’s not a know-it-all princess or anything) when he world goes to shit. She is endlessly used to the world going to shit. Where she comes from, it did so in various different ways. Sometimes you were called or lured to the place where terrible things would happen. Sometimes you were taken out of time and space and apparently once a bunch of horses were actually just sent to space. And sometimes the fairy’s got pissed and flipped your home on its’ head.

Here, the world splits apart and voice that say thanks is all sorts of wrong. This is definitely not her fight, because she hasn’t actually done anything. She scooped up some dead stuff, but mostly she’d just tried to figure out what sorts of horses live here and what the hell goes on.

She goes anyway though, because a child of death really can’t resist a good fight. Everything going on is pretty much gibberish to her, though she recognizing the rather handsome colt who just follows blindly because ‘he must’, which is actually bull, but whatever. And the rather annoying colt that talked to much and pretended to be better than everyone like “this is our fault”, though this time he manages to use our instead of starting out with your. She rolls her eyes, because she can’t help it.

Some girl stands maybe bravely or maybe just stupidly in front of the bone monster that’s trying to kill everything in sight and pledges to join a cause she hasn’t even heard the details of yet. Stupid. But also, Weaver doesn’t really blame her because anything named Kaos sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. But so does fighting. She refrains though, keeping herself out of the masses but not necessarily out of the way, though the monster seems to leave her largely alone. She has to dodge a flying bone or an attacking horse now and again, but she’s stays even when he says to go. Because it’s too good a show to watch, and really, she’s not all that concerned about dying.

Maybe she’d even pick a side. Maybe. But probably not until she knew more about the sides.

weaver

Image | Quote by Charles Dickens

Please tag in all posts
Image by AmoretteRose

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar

Ru almost regrets laughing in the face of Yael’s absurd suggestions - an army of bones?

Her accented voice rears pointedly when the earth cracks open, unveiling what their hard work has reaped. The girl stands at the edges, eyes blank and heart steady when Kaos reveals itself.

We are already too late. Too foolish. She lets out a breath of disbelief, when the God of the Earth makes no effort to confront the devil. The phantom, disembodied in the marshes, has already sunk their presence here – something keeps her still as the violence erupts.

Nothing appears to dismember what is already dead; every effort is wasted, as the creature attacks without avail. She is all together mesmerized and horrified by how easily upturned their world has become. It is not until the horrible crunch of Nyx’s body that the girl snaps outside of her mind. No longer observing, she suddenly finds herself amidst the battle – a permanent frown on dusky features.

The voice that enters in her head, nearly pulls her back. She takes to the sky, trying to observe and glean as much as she could. If only they knew more about the nature, and the mechanics of Kaos’ magic; they stood hell of a better chance, than wearing themselves out, with no progress to show for their efforts.

As she makes a wide berth, the feathered mare can’t seem to look beyond the darkness that gleams from the tall spire. The strange symbols throb, now and then, as Kaos’ voice breaks out between their efforts. Perhaps they should heed the warnings. Regroup, save their strength for a critical assault. Not one that is wasted, and clearly risking the lives of equids who might aid in such an assault.

With the heralding of Temobovu’s voice, the girl hisses underneath her breath and makes to land on the edges of the gathering group. Ducking her head just as a claw makes to swipe at them, bearing a nail that punctures her flesh from across her back. It is a shallow burn that catches the mare off guard. Staggering back and glaring among those who had stayed. There are lights that flicker beside her as the emotions coalesce inside her. As wonder and stupidity flock within and beyond her – anger, caution, frustration – because she cannot clearly voice her concerns with the others.

She snaps her gaze to @Toulouse, and cries out in agreement. We have yet to attack it, in any case! She growls in the expanse of her mind. The lights that flick in and about her lengthen as various beams – but the girl is obviously unconcerned, or unaware of their presence or heavy hums.

The mare shifts, taking in @Lyanna and approaches by bumping her wing to her side. There are children that begin to cry, and mewl; there are the children, who are helped by others – she makes to glance at their efforts, but believes they are being taken care of.

She stands beside her friend instead, whickering to her – pledging, that she would stand by her side. And waits on the others for any attempt to take out the spire.

The creature would not succumb to any more of their efforts. But in any case, she would defend her friend. With a steely gaze she searched for @Roskuld  – having lost her figure in the throng of bodies, and cowering children.

Image Credits

[stands shocked initially, then snaps out of it as Nyx's body is taken and thrown down. Takes to the air, hoping to observe anything out of the ordinary to aid their efforts. Lands back to the growing group, when Tembovu calls for them. Cheering her agreement with Toulouse's suggestion. Makes to stand beside Lyanna, and searches for Ros.]
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
trying to be strong
but my heart never lets go
You are not surprised by the gathering crowd and their anger, the monstrosity that looms above them all, chilling you to the bone as it speaks, as its teeth grate and its body swings grotesquely. To say that this is what you had expected, however, would be a lie. When he (the snake, the demon hiding behind the mass of bones and witchcraft, too afraid of showing his face, a shadow keeping from the light because it would destroy) had come you had been tolerant enough, accepting his friendliness and gifts as many others had, won over by greed or the desire to give the strange sea-man a chance, instead of turning him away, instead of holding the things that angrier gods had done to Helovia against him.

It had been easier that way—choosing to believe in his sincerity, that he had been good and only wanted to help, to give, to be received and accepted. And you had done so, shoving your suspicious nature from your mind long enough to become ensnared by greed (if it had truly been that, even now you do not know), by innocent fronts hiding nefarious intentions. You had not helped collect the bones, had not bent to his every whim, and yet you are just as guilty as those who had for not turning him away when there had been the chance, for following your gut and denying the naive thoughts that maybe this time the strange man could be different.

Your eyes glance over the gathered as you make your way to Erebos' side, as parents call their children away, seeking to protect them from danger, from the harm this creature sought to wreak, and a sense of relief floods you to find your own wayward child absent, safe from at least the clutches of this other-worldly beast.

It is only moments that you watch, standing on the sidelines to assess and listen to the beast spew its vile commands of leaving, as if he would be allowed to simply slink into dark corners to gather himself, a cancer growing within the blackest reaches, unchallenged, left to be forgotten. You nearly sneer at him, as others reflect the same sentiment, shouting and rallying against him. But there is nothing else done, nothing else besides the defiance that keeps you, like them, rooted to where you stand.

Until there is something. A girl charges, brandishing sparks and a sword in an impressive (if not stupid) show of bravery, another, younger one talking of appendages that she shouldn't know about, and presumably her mother or her caretaker that runs after her, trips her, and rouses the anger of the beast that had previously simmered beneath the surface, beneath phrases and demands.  

It is the gray woman that is snatched instead of the girl, the gray woman who is mutilated by the jaws of the immortal beast, thrown from him and to the ground, shielded from those who would help. Some call for her, others are angered by the callous display, attacking him with their magic to no avail and the beast only laughs. Instead of discouraging others it only forces them to band together, so many shouting orders of staying together to defeat the monster like they had before. "This feels different than the gods before, though I can't understand why. Doesn't it?" You shift in your spot, glancing to Erebos before eyeing the animated bones for moments before shifting your focus to the strange blackness that pulses with even stranger lights. "Maybe it's the altar. No one has tried attacking the altar."

You are unsure if the boy hears you in all his concentration, and are even more unsure of the idea itself, for all the sense it doesn't make. But you do not dwell, pushing yourself away from him as the beast's attentions shift, towards those needing help.
image credits

suggests to @Erebos (and anyone else close enough, prob Volterra) to attack the altar instead of the bone creature before running along the outskirts of the group to offer herself for healing for whoever needs it.
tag me if you'd like to be healed <3

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Patrick Posts: 31
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.0 (wfg) :: 6 months
LovellaTorendo
Patrick

When given a task that just happened to included gathering Patrick applied himself with zeal. The help offered by family and family friends alike only bolstered his enthusiasm for the task despite his apparent dislike for touching bones. After they'd sorted the issue of his little sled and done some picking up as a team the colt headed out on his own still hauling the sled and hunting for more bones. Of course his contraption wasn't exactly well made and certainly didn't have any magical reinforcement. So after only a few trips back and forth to the bone deposit spot it began to come apart. This frustrated the boy but by this point he was clearly growing tired and in the end he gave up on forcing the pieces back together. Instead he wandered off to take a nap, a nap that turned in to a full night's sleep.

When he awoke he was more than a little bleary-eyed and somewhat disoriented. Rather than continuing on with the clearing up crew he headed east presumably intending to turn south at the first familiar trail. This plan went awry and landed him in a "nest" of spiders but there is no need to rehash all that here. Once free of the deep forest again he'd reversed his course and returned to the Ancient Rotunda rather than going on home. A decision that may just turn out to be very unfortunate...

Now he is standing not far from where the bones had all been dropped off gazing out over a land that was once only blackness and is now a sea of lush marsh grasses with a shining alter rising from it's midst. This scene is peaceful and at the same time not. Soon enough the peace is broken by the hideous growls of a bone beast that bursts forth from the very earth. Patrick's neutral gaze turns sullen, then wary, then just slightly frightened. His ears flatten to his skull as he peers out over the crowd of adults that has so quickly gathered.

Loud, smelly... no good. This place was supposed to be good and clean and fixed but it is not. I know some of those gathering beneath the eyeless glare of the beast. Well, I have seen them upon the sands of my home anyway. At first I try to take a step towards them because I feel it is what Pop would want of me, to stand with my herd who are supposed to be as much family as those that share my blood. I find my hooves rooted to the spot...

How something with no eyes can even glare I don't know but it is glaring and smiling at the same time. It think it might be that conflicting combination that frightens me the most. This is the first strange beast I have faced that I have truly feared... aside from, well never mind him. Taking advantage of that wall of adults I begin to turn away.

For a short time after the eruption and sudden mad rush of berserkers intent on countering it the small boy stood frozen and shaking. Maybe something managed to brake his gaze away or maybe the shouted orders of the angry adults simply got his attention. For whatever reason he comes to his senses suddenly and is turning away from the madness, probably intending to flee when his eyes settle on a thin white form smaller than his own and splashed across the face with watery color. This sight freezes him again but for a moment only. No longer shivering or shaking he does at last move forward toward the crowd."Ko!!!"

His voice, even as loud as he can make it, is surely lost in all the noise. He weaves and jumps, pushes and shoves, slips and slides through the press of bigger forms. His own body will be the worse for this ware later, likely bruised in many places. The effort proves worth while though, he reaches his sister just as a golden winged mare arrives and attempts to push her away. A quick nod of thanks is given to the mare before he slides up next to the girl moving as close as she will allow.

"This bad, we go. Come, stay together."

With that he starts turning back again clearly hoping that she will keep going along with him.

such big eyes you have
Image Credit || TABLE BY SEVIN

@Kolr & @Yael interacted with

Saoirse Posts: 55
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 16.2 adult :: 3 seasons [Orangemoon]
mar

There are people already there when he arrives. However, the boy is lost – his newfound friends are scattered, and he can’t seem to make them out among the adults and other children that mill about.

He doesn’t let it bother him. The pale and fiery red strands that follow the boy, press in deeper and closer to all the commotion. The endless stone is beautiful, he thinks – minus the bones that serve as its base. He wishes he could at least touch its surface, ensure that it’s actually there - and not merely an illusion.

“Woah… it’s beautiful.” His voice was low, as they hinged on the runes. Ebbing, like the waves he so loved, and the breeze that pulsed from beyond. He felt so proud, so important for helping – like everyone else had. Saoirse had found new friends, and now they had this magical stone to commemorate their efforts.

If only that had been true; his fantastical ideas, his pride quickly become an evil thought that is corrupted by the announcement of the petite mare.

Kaos? – oh but why? Why does she defy him?

How can she be so certain?

The voice curls and sends shivers through the boy’s body. His breath nearly leaves him, as his wings tremble beside his small and fragile body. Sea-green eyes wide as the creature appears to claw its way into existence, ears flatten as the boy’s tail presses close behind his rump.

Tears streamed down his face. He was too close, too petrified to make any attempt to escape the monster. Saoirse wasn’t sure what happened next – he felt a thud, and several cracks that left his mouth in a strangled silence he failed to capture in his voice.

Saoirse was no one and nothing all at once. His body flew like a speck of mud shaken by the creature. Landing outside the immediate gathering, farther, into bushes and wet earth.

When he woke up, the world rebooted at an uncomfortable, terrible speed.

“Ma!”

The tears returned. His heart thumped with a thunderous roar, and his sides heaved, shallow with each breath. He could make out their voices like murmurs, the sound of magic crackling from the fire, the electricity, the earth shaking and booming as if Titans sparred the nearby grounds.

He didn’t know how to move, or if he should. He felt so incredibly sore and weak.

The boy choked on his tears, lifting his left wing lamely and yelled as the pain struck him.

A wing that was broken, a body that was bruised. Scratches littered, here and there from the brush and twigs. For the time being his body remained lying against the ground. The lame wing falling back against his side.

Image Credits

@Enna   -- healing? XO up to you! ^^
[summary: makes his way through the crowd to stand close. Gets caught in the monster's swipe with his tail. Passes out, wakes up a ways out in the trees/brush, lying on his right side, left wing broken.]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

- I O N A -

The burn of Tarik’s alcohol had (unfortunately) long worn off.  Iona was tired. She was grumpy (which wasn’t saying much, all things considered). And now she was really fucking pissed.  At the situation, of course. Clearly this whatever the fuck it was had deceived all of them.  But also at herself.  When would she learn to trust her gut about this?  Her ears flattened against her head as she watched the scene play out before her just like something from one of her nightmares.  She should have known.  She squeezed her eyes shut as if to stave off the wave of self-loathing.  Deep down she knew she couldn’t have known.  Not really.  That what she felt was nothing more than paranoia and a general sort of distrust - she hadn’t known that Kisamoa was evil, she just distrusted him because he was magic. But goddamnit a healthy dose of skepticism would have been really beneficial before everyone had jumped into making a happy hideaway for this thing

She stamped a foreleg angrily before exclaiming to no one in particular, “Motherfucker. I hate being right about this shit.”

Others began to appear as Kaos began to create quite a scene, and then there are more Gods and words being hurled back and forth.  Soon magic joins the fray and all hell breaks loose.  Iona wished that the scene was unfamiliar to her, but it wasn’t.  Same shit, different players.  She just hoped that this wasn’t the battle that would claim the life of someone she loved.  When she saw Nyx tossed away like a ragdoll, her stomach lurched.  It looked like that was a waning hope indeed. 

She began to weave her way through the outskirts crowd, not yet taking to the skies, for she wanted to know where she was going before she headed into the fray.  It was there that she passed Syrena and Tarik, and wished beyond anything that she could stand with them and watch the whole world burn and drinking until she was numb.  However, such a thing just wasn’t an option.  Not while the only people she gave a shit about stood tall on this fucked-up battlefield.  

”Don’t you dare drink all of that. I’m going to need some if we live through this,” she said to Tarik, flatly, in passing.  And with a nod to the stallion as well as Syrena, she was off in a flurry of wings and fury, spewing a litany of creative curse words in her wake. 

She landed near Tembovu, heeding the King’s call but actively looking for her sister - who she spotted tending to the fallen Nyx along with those she immediately recognized to be healers.  Iona’s gaze was drawn towards the children, and she was relieved to see many being escorted quickly away from this place.  Regardless of her personal thoughts of Toulouse, she’s pleased to see him here, especially when it’s clear that they will need as much support as possible. Iona’s first and only concern was to see the members of the herd safe. If that meant launching an assault on this creature, fine.  But if that meant falling back to regroup, organize, and live another day she could live with that option as well, even though her preference was to see Kaos relegated to a pile of useless bones.  

“It’s worth a shot. But whatever we try it has to be together or else it’s going to pick us off one by one,” she mused, aloud, wondering how they’d be able to inflict any damage upon this...thing.   “If we all attack the altar at once, maybe some of the attacks could get through,” she adds, hoping that perhaps the strange pulsating markings on the tower are of some importance to the creature. 

image credit

Mentions:
@Tembovu @Tarik @Syrena @Toulouse

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
G L A S G O W

The mask fell away just about as quickly as it was shown. The spire, dark and beautiful. Yet as everything unfolded before her glassy gaze, anger began to stir within her chest. All along, Kisamoa had been a demon. All along, Glasgow had been deceived again. And, to even make matters worse, he had gifted her with magic, a source she had never found before. Anger bubbled and boiled beneath her skin as she stood among the crowd of those that dwelled in the sands. As Nyx was thrown and lay upon the ground, her eyes never left the creature of bones. It reminded her of being back home – of how she had tried so hard to protect all those living among her only to have all but her perish.

That wouldn’t happen today.

A hiss escaped her scarred, mutilated lips as she summoned the feeling that had always been strange within her. It wasn’t like the gift from the Goddess to craft glass, no. This was more menacing, dark and refreshing. A growl escaped her lips as she watched the monster paw its way through a crowd and others mutter about the alter. And as she summoned, she was surrounded by three spectral beasts. The wraiths materialized from the mist around her, large spectral creatures that were see-through, suddenly began to charge at the giant beast.

YOU GAVE ME THIS POWER.” She screamed at the bone monster as her wraiths continued on the hunt. She wasn’t sure what they would do, but she knew they’d try to do something. Perhaps try to blind the creature (blind the eyes that weren’t even there) or simply try to trip the monstrosity.

"Talk."

what a strange illusion it is,
to suppose that beauty is goodness

image credits

Glasgow uses her magic (THAT KAOS GAVE HER EVIDENTLY) to try and blind or make the creature slip!

:: [ Magic: LightxWater | Can summon wraiths of mist. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Wraiths can be 3 small (medium dog or lower) or 1 large wraith. ]