the Rift

[PRIVATE] May I Speak To Your Manager

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

This has been long in coming. I’d felt some type of way about being born in godsblood; about having a Ma that was used to bring forth my life, a life that was bound to a duty the moment it was conceived in my mother’s womb. There were grudges and worries and blood and sweat and tears and there were others who were born like me, born to protect our home from the threat of our own parents. And we held our duties at different standards in different ways, and sometimes I sneered and growled at them because of it--because we were different and we were free to be different in the same type of prison.

All this was based on our parents--our Pa’s and our Ma, born and bred in the deep magic of their realm, a realm that we trusted them to watch over, to protect just as we were charged to protect ours. And I guess we just assumed that they could handle that, and it was the mortal realm that they were doomed to fuck up, simply because they were too powerful, too impersonal to really feel any kind of empathy for the peoples they created. That was our job.

And apparently our job descriptions kept getting longer, and longer, and longer.

Drolgatha. The Rift Gods. He Is Kaos. My sergeant and someone’s Ma was down because someone dropped the ball, and we had to figure out who.The bullshit tally was getting longer and longer, and now it was time to discuss it.

My cheeks were still wet with anger and heartbreak, and Chico rode on my back, brittle and bruised, but mending. From deep within me I gave a fierce whinny, a loud cry to gather my...my cousins on godsblood. Ugh, I hated thinking about it like that, but I couldn’t ignore our shared responsibility like this anymore. As I called, a long arc of white-hot lightning surged from my mouth, blasting into the sky to create a column that lanced through the darkening Birdsong clouds.

A storm was coming, and we had to plan for it.
"talk"

image credits

Obvs set after Kaos' reveal and the disbanding of the Hidden Falls!

@Isopia
@Aithniel
@Mesec

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

For once, Isopia was fine with the obligations that came with being related to the other demi-gods. Today, it felt as though it gave her strength. So often she went through life feeling as though she was one of a kind and that the problems she faced were unique to her. In this however, she was not unique. In this there were three other souls, carved and honed uniquely to understand this fucked up situation that they all found themselves in.

She'd talked to Mesec about the confusion that they felt regarding their roles and responsibilities, and what their purpose here actually was and what it was meant to do or provide. But now that need for structure and a fucking job description had come to a head.

And that head had a name.

Kaos.

A God who had appeared, knit himself a body using the sweat of their backs apparently, and then promised to ... well, Isopia didn't actually know what it was Kaos was going to do, but nothing about his situation or the events that proceeded his arrival suggested that this would end well.

"Hey." Isopia said with uncharacteristic familiarity despite the fact that'd forgotten most of what Roskuld had actually done for her. Though Hubris hadn't let any of her memories return, he had allowed her fondness and appreciation for what Ros had done slide back through the bond, and although Isopia was surprised to hear the near-affection in her voice, it didn't bother her. Though perhaps it was because she had too much on her mind.

"My Father disbanded the Falls. He said that it had pulled his attention away and was the cause of his lack of recognition of what Kaos was doing." Isopia offered, unsure of how quickly the news would have spread through Helovia. Her voice was like iron, so much stronger and full of heat, in contrast to her normally academic and sterile tone. "Excuses aside, how did they not see this coming?"

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Mesec couldn’t get the image of his mother standing idly beside Kisamoa Kaos out of his head. It was burned there, causing his gut to churn unhappily with sickness.

Had she known all this time?

He felt on edge as he followed Roskuld’s summons. Though he was no longer in warg form, it still felt as though he was bristling. Lucius and Lyra were feeding off of his restless energy - the former soaring overhead of the gathering demigods and the later with Vesper to keep her out of trouble. Not a single one of them was able to sit still for long.

He whickered a soft greeting to his cousins as he approached, coming to stand with the group - his silver eyes focusing on Little Earth as she shared her news from the Falls. What? Mesec’s disbelief caused the rhetorical word to slip out in a breath of angry air. How many had called the Falls home? And now it simply no longer existed because the Earth God was seeking an excuse for his ignorance. Or, at least, that was how he saw it - feeling his anger mix with new pity for all those cast out because of the God.

He could only answer Little Earth's question with one of his own. “Do you think my mother knew when she helped him change the beach?” Mesec asked, his quiet voice singed on the edges with doubt and anger. She had done a lot for him lately, though not exactly how he might have wished, and he had just been feeling better about their relation. It was hard to believe that the Goddess, who was wise and cunning, had not been able to see through the charade. Would she disband the Edge? Claim that her (minimal) involvement there had been distracting her as well?

There were too many questions and he could only hope that together, the four of them might be able to find some answers.

MESEC
the nightwind
coding by Kyra
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times