Pippigrin Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Gladiator atk: 6.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 10hh :: Two HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Brandybuck :: Wolverine :: None Neverrmind

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

"Excuse me!"
"That is steel from Zerikkania! Fine craftsmanship!"

The bear prodded the saucepan with his great tallons, turning the dinted and badly rusted pot over and raising it into the sunsine to observe the object. To a forest animal, a saucepan was unheard of. To a Helovian it was unnecessary. To a hobbit it was one of lifes plain and humble ncessities.  

From the heights of an oak the Helovian chapter of Pippigrin Littlefoot's story of began, wings flared and tiny nose crooning below at the creature who had robbed him of his most prized (and only) posession.
"You know, If I dropped on your head you'd get a nice headache" - This was Pippin's best shot at a threat, and as his silver gaze cast over the forest below his feet his stomach began to rumble. It appeared he would have to miss luncheon today all because of his hairy fool who had taken a liking to his saucepan.

It would be an awful shame to leave it with the bear - it would go to such huge waste! There were forest berries out there just waiting to be stewed! The thoughts simply continued to urge his stomach into an angry, growling fit and a defeated moan passed the young shetland's lips. It was no use - This bear had claimed it. He would have to make do with filthy raw food until a replacement could be found.
CRACK.

SNAP.

WHOOSH!
The branch the hobbit had taken refuge on plummeted to the ground, envelopping the creature previously perched upon it.
Pippin was no longer fussed about his own luncheon - it was the bears he was worried about now.

art: © x coding: © x

Manon Posts: 37
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Space

M A N O N 

She had not returned to the Threshold since her unceremonious arrival months before, and until today had had no inclination to wander through the confusing but friendly northern forest. While she found herself attuned to the ocean, she could not help but to enjoy the eternal and ethereal gist of the forest - no matter how young or old the trees may have been. In another life, perhaps, she would have found comfort in the mottled shadows sliding over her slim back, or in the soft fresh-rain and life smell that permeated the air so thickly in this region. Alas, her heart beat strong for tumultuous waters, sand and salt. Still, she could appreciate the claim the forest held over many hearts, and found herself softening into the quiet forest hum with almost a sense of decadence. She was well aware that this, The Threshold, was where outsiders arrived into Helovia - where she, not so long ago, had ascended into this world full of wonders. Manon wasn't entirely sure whether she wished to stumble upon a newcomer or not... on the one hand, she was looking to provide more of a service to the Edge, and bringing in new recruits would certainly fall into that area... but on the other, was she ever really in the mood to meet anyone?

The decision was made for her - and in an instant she wished she'd melted back into the embrace of the forest, for what awaited her was a racket indeed. Her opalescent eyes trailed from broken branches to a rather disgruntled bear and... the smallest pony she'd ever seen. It was hard to stop the corners of her soft lips from curling upward at the sight, the young man looked quite put out and cross. Manon made to move forward, her mile-long legs stepping gracefully over broken twigs and sticks, eyes ever on the bear that seemed indecisive as to whether he should bother making the small pony into a snack or whether (and this seemed to be the winning thought) all of this was too much trouble and he'd rather not have to deal with the stout young man and this new consort. Manon eyed the bear, providing a cold smile as it ambled away, leaving both pony and pot in a disgruntled mess of branches and leaves. Brow raised, Manon picked her way to the centre of the mess and, against her better judgement, made to help the stranger up.

Pausing between attempts, she said coolly; "Well, that's one way to make an entrance."    

@pippigrin I hope you don't mind me throwing Manon in! I feel like all my threads involve you haha but Pip is too cute to ignore!
please tag Manon in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
Najya
Oh, the desert dreams of a river that will run down to the sea, like my heart longs for an ocean to wash down over me.
Najya found herself back in the Threshold, surrounded by the familiar sounds and scents this place.  She was glad to be here in the warmer season, for her last trip in Frostfall had been frightfully cold for the desert-born mare. Even after years in Helovia, it seemed her blood had not thickened nor had she grown any more fond of the bitter chill of winter.  

Unlike many, the desert mare very much liked her adventures into the arms of the Threshold.  You never knew what you were going to find here.  You could never come to this place with any expectations. Najya knew that well by now.  

She picked her way carefully through the trees and over the branches, not following any path in particular.  A’mal flew overhead, scouting for any who might be seeking refuge or assistance...or for those with more nefarious intentions.  Nowadays Najya never left home without her sword securely fastened to her side, even though she hoped she wouldn’t find herself in a situation where she’d be forced to use it.

Little man fighting bear. A’mal said, somewhat uncertainly, through their bond because she couldn’t really discern what was happening between the pony and the bear.  Najya wove her way through the trees as quickly and as the foliage would allow her to do so safely, but was relieved to find that another mare had already arrived and was assisting the pint-sized pegasus.

“Are you quite alright? Not injured, I hope?”  Najya asked, concerned that the tiny fellow had been injured during his fall.   Najya kept a wary eye on the bear, knowing that if need be her magic could keep the creature at bay if it attacked, but she did wonder at what business this little man had with the bear.  A’mal landed, nonchalantly, on the remains of the branch that had been broken and kept a careful watch on the bear - ready to raise the alarm if need be.

“I’m Najya from the Dragon’s Throat.  Who might you be?” the little mare asked, hazel eyes dancing between the two.
image credits || HTML by Reli  

@Manon
@Pippigrin

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

OOOPH!

The dainty creature landed with a great thud, his small lungs expelling every last ounce of air held within them. Winded and startled, the hobbit flarred his wings in an attempt to remove the branch from his form - that hungry bear would surely attack!
It was however with great surprise that the bear took his saucepan and ran - the throat of being dropped upon by a hobbit becoming all too real.

"AH-HAH!" Pippin cheered, crawling to his feet after heaving in a few deep breaths of much-needed oxygen. "Did you see that!? Scared him right off I did."
The proud pony tread over the fallen branch - apparently his wepon of choice - and presented himself to the two damsels.

"Are you ladies alright?" The small fellow queeried, quite genuinely mind you. While he remained quite entranced in the fantasy that it had been by his magnificent calculation that the branch had fallen and scared off the bear, he did remain concerned for others present during part of the ordeal.

"My name is Pippigrin Littlefoot. I come from Under-the-Hill" spoke the young man proudly, chest puffed and blue eyes keenly looking above at the taller women.
Both were lithe and slender creatures, however one seemed much more fierce in stature - the other gentle.
"I like your ears! How do you make them like that?" Pippin asked the woman with sand-stained feet and curled marwari ears - to say that he was unworldly and had much to learn was a vast and dangerous understatement. Pippigrin had everything to learn and had far to travel. His crystalline gaze turning next to the spotted woman, one with the most intriguing crown, Pippins smile widened. He hadn't anything to say to that beauty just yet, but he would think of something. He always did.

@Najya @Manon

Manon Posts: 37
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Space

M A N O N 

Manon turned abruptly at the arrival of a new mare, her sharp gaze gliding over the newcomer surreptitiously. She was lovely to look at, with a depth and honesty that didn't at all match the coldly inquisitive stare directed at her. In fact, she seemed quite concerned with the small pony and his predicament - giving cause for Manon to turn back to the scene that unravelled before her. "Are you ladies alright?" She would have snorted in amusement if she hadn't been so tense, choosing instead to allow a dry smile to grace her velveteen lips as she inclined her head ever so slightly. Again, she watched the two of them as Pippigrin spoke, her own angled ears tilting toward the conversation while her eyes lingered on Najya and the dragon that perched so lackadaisical upon one of the nearby branches. Dragons Throat - the reason Manon hadn't seen her around, though this possibly said more about her opted hermitage than it did about Najya. She allowed herself a sensual sigh, more for show than anything, lifting her delicately angled head as she spoke to the two of them:

"Manon - from the Edge." It was a short, curt answer, though her gaze belied the interest she held in the two of them. Najya because she was from Dragons Throat and might know the events and whereabouts of the ex Sultana Sikeax, a woman Manon had found herself particularly interested in - and Pippigrin because, well, he was unlike anyone she'd met before. "Do you know Sikeax?" She asked abruptly of Najya, eyes intent on the other woman. Usually when she looked at another woman that way it meant only one thing, and it often left the object of her affections feeling either seduced or extremely uncomfortable. Casting the thought from her mind, Manon glanced once more at Pippigrin and said casually; "I don't suppose you've been here before? I could... take you to my home, the sights are quite spectacular." Though she said home, Manon couldn't help but feel like outside the realms of the Edge was where she belonged - but those whitewashed cliffs tempted her too much, and there was a certain gelding that she wouldn't walk away from. Not when she'd made promises to him. Despite her own qualms, Manon knew the Edge was a pleasant place to be, and that it was supposedly a good thing to bring more people into it's ranks.

@pippigrin
@Najya
please tag Manon in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
Najya
Oh, the desert dreams of a river that will run down to the sea, like my heart longs for an ocean to wash down over me.
“Well done!” Najya said, with a laugh. The stallion immediately whirls and inquires about her own well being, but that is the least of her concern. She’d only arrived in time to see the bear run off! “I’m more worried about you, that was quite a tumble.” She was pleased to see the little fellow pop up so quickly, seemingly unharmed, but she was still concerned he had sprained something in the fall.  However any concerns she had about the stallion’s health were quickly put to rest by the sheer exuberance that poured from the little pegasus. A’mal, from her perch on the stump where the branch once stood, let out a happy whistle at the the truly joyous noise that escaped Pippigrin as the bear retreated.  

Najya kept her attention on the equines as A’mal ensured the bear did not bother the group again.  Pleasantries and introductions were exchanged, and the little russet mare dipped her head in polite greeting before offering her own. “It is good to meet you, Pippigrin,” she said to the pair,  “And you as well, Manon.” Najya had called the Edge home for a brief moment, however she had arrived on the border during a turbulent time and did not have much nostalgia for the land of mist and glass.  She hoped one day to visit again and replace her memories with happier ones.  Najya was surprised when Manon brought up Sikeax.  Had the Sea Soul taken up residence in the Edge?

“And yes, I do know Sikeax, though she no longer calls the Throat home.  I’m not sure where she is now, to be honest.”  Najya frowned slightly as her thoughts turned to the fallen Sultana.  The last she had seen of Sikeax was of the mare fleeing from the battlefield on the Throat and yielding her Throne to the Daughter of the Sun.  Najya could not claim to know the Sea Soul well, but her reign over the sands had been fleeting and overshadowed in grief following the loss of Gaucho. It had been a difficult time for all of them, and just thinking of those months drew shadows to her bright hazel gaze.  However the little stallion’s fixation on her curled ears was more than enough to chase the shadows away, and Najya quickly blinked away the darkness.

“Well thank you, but I suppose you’d have to take that up with my parents. Family trait,” she said, with a small laugh and a smile for the little pegasus.  Manon had already offered the Edge to the small stallion, so Najya followed suit with her own offer. “You’d be welcome in the Throat as well, Pippigrin, if desert life interests you. I can say for certain we have no bears for you to tangle with in the South!”
image credits || HTML by Reli  

@Manon
@Pippigrin

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

While he found the ballarina most enchanting, it was Najya and her exotic quirks that piqued his interest. Manon, slender and simply gorgeous merely intimidated him to say the least.
He was not one to stand before the gaze of a great beauty and charm them - more often than not he would make a fool of himself by falling over his wings which had grown much faster than the rest of his body, or simply saying something silly. Already he'd fallen from a tree.

An offer was presented to him by the mottled mare, one of travel and comfort in a home that she mentioned held spectacular sights. A grin sweeping effortlessly across the hobbits face, he fluffed his wings and gave a great hoot.
"Brilliant."
The small gentleman was about to take her up on her offer when Najya offered one of her own - Lodgings in the desert.

Freezing in place, his nose turning to look at the exotic beauty with great, wide eyes. "The desert!? There's A desert here!?" He asked most curiously, his eyes alight with all the curiosity of a cat. This was a little man who'd spent his short lifetime in rolling green hills, sheltered by mountains, forests and streams. Deserts were where dragons roamed and were to be avoided by hobbits at all costs!
So naturally... Pippin couldn't resist.

"I'm going with you" He declared, once again ruffling his wings and bounding past the two women.
"Which way to the Throat desert!?"

ooc; Thankyou so much lovely ladies! Pip is off to the throat!

@Najya @Manon