the Rift

[OPEN] Bad Girls of the Bible

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
All she ever wanted was the world.

Birdsong was here, and the snow was finally melting. Though she was prone to a perpetual moodiness, even Sheba’s spirits were lighter than usual: with the thaw would come her path out of here, and soon she would be on her way back to the caves she called home. Back to the darkness of her little nook, to sleeping indoors on her mossy bed, back to her torches and pebble trails and blessed privacy…Frostfall couldn’t vanish fast enough.

Of course, Helovia may have gone to hell in the past day, but what did she know (or really, what did she care) about that? It was all politics to her, and as far as Sheba was concerned, the greater workings of this land were something that she held little interest in unless they held any direct consequences for her. Besides, what difference did it make: hadn’t she already been living in her own personal hell (for, what was it? three years now?) so kindly custom-made for her by one of the very gods who’d let it all happen anyway? If she had known of the chaos that reigned outside of her secluded grove, perhaps she even would have smirked: so nice of them to join her down here, at rock bottom—pull up a patch of moss, cherie, and get comfortable. Might as well; she’d learned that much.

A clump of snow slid down a willow frond and landed with an icy plop! on her rump, jerking her rudely from her thoughts and eliciting an exasperated squeal. Flicking her tail in irritation, she edged away from the offending tree and waded through the mud to the next tender patch of baby grass, lips curling back to better grip the delicate shoots. The old mare sighed, the emotion behind the heavy exhale indecipherable. Soon, she told herself, soon.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

for @Bathsheba c:
Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Bathsheba Posts: 45
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.3 hh :: II years
Kansas
There was something lighter about the way I moved, long legs plowing through short snow-drifts and reveling at how easily they fell away. It was a strange, yet not unpleasant, feeling that wound its way through my veins. Bright and airy, leaving my thoughts soaring and body weightless. Or so in theory. Perhaps it was Syrena, images of the seal grey woman kept flashing through my head, reminding me of the... joy I had found at seeing her again. It was a very, very bizarre sensation in my bones, rattling about my brain like a loose gear. I had no desire to banish it, not yet, not now when I needed it most.

I did not mean to come upon her, in fact I discovered rather swiftly that I could not catch any of her scent. Nostrils flared in surprise, inky black hairs stung against my hide as I swept my tail across the dusty snow. "How is it, that I cannot smell you?" I ask, immediately questioning the rudeness of such an inquiry. Really the mare had no obligation to answer unexpected questions from equally unexpected children. Some part of me began the slow process of building a wall, protecting the new facade I had so eagerly discovered.

So focused was I upon the strange mare that I seemed to have forgotten the reason that which brought me Grove in the first place.

"Talk."

ooc - please crush me with a table at this tardiness.
@Sheba
sassy quote goes right here
doo doo dee dee da da

image | coding

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
All she ever wanted was the world.
As she grazed, Sheba settled back into her reverie, anticipating her homecoming. The nook would have to be dusted off and the fire restarted and fed, and the moss would need to be freshened up…she made a mental note to collect these items once she neared her cave, for efficiency’s sake. The moss would probably be easy enough to find, since it liked the damp, but unearthing dry kindling in mud season would be—

Wait.

Though caught up in her thoughts, the old mare had been on her own long enough to keep watch while exposed aboveground. Someone was coming, the spring breeze told her that much, though the hoofbeats were so faint that she wondered if she would have noticed them at all if it had not been for the telltale scent. And then, before she could move, over the rise came a tri-colored filly, obviously only a little more surprised to see Sheba standing before her.

“How is it that I cannot smell you?” she asked immediately upon spotting the old mare, who was sizing her up in turn. She was gangly in the way foals were, but she appeared to be alone, Sheba noted. She guessed her age to be about a year or so, which would explain the length of the bright blue horn that sprouted from the center of her forehead. Luckily, she did not appear to be threatening in the least, but still, Sheba was caught off guard all the same by her lightfooted approach and sudden appearance.

“I’m downwind,” the crone replied evenly. Finished with her assessment of the stranger, she resumed her meal but kept the filly in her line of sight. “First rule of grazing alone. Didn’t your mother teach you that?” Hers certainly had.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

@Bathsheba no worries!
Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Bathsheba Posts: 45
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.3 hh :: II years
Kansas
The mare was a lanky thing, broad shouldered, wide chested. Her nostrils flared in annoyance at my intrusion and my ears tipped lightly back in response. I had no desire to be threatening and refrained from expressing such, merely caution in regards to her snippy reply. "First rule of grazing alone. Didn't your mother teach you that?" She exclaimed, teeth gnashing. My hooves pressed into the soft grass, icy eyes taking in the smaller details about the woman's figure, while gears shifted and cranked in my brain. It was no riddle in need of solving and there appeared to be no hidden meaning between the non-existent lines. She really did seem baffled by my supposed incompetence. "O-of course she did! I just-" I stutter, unsure of how to resolve such a silly lapse of judgment. Of course if I had taken a split second to consider the wind conditions, I would have noticed that it was difficult to smell anything.

A long, thickly haired tail swept anxiously at my heels, hips shifting uncomfortably as the bones in my spine began to feel the awkward angle of the hill. I was reminded of the disease inflicted upon my bones, progressing as every day brought new changes to my body. It was a condition that in the past year I had learned to quiet some, pushing the constant ache to the back of my mind. Still, it did little to help the slightly off-kilter appearance of my legs, something that if I stood just right, could be hidden from prying eyes.

"I was not paying attention, I apologize. I am Sheba, who are you?" I ask, lowering my nose some in an effort to portray respect.

"Talk."

ooc - I am trash
@Sheba
sassy quote goes right here
doo doo dee dee da da

image | coding