the Rift

[OPEN] The Lunar Pull

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow

He’d roused himself early that morning to prepare for the venture ahead, gathering up the sizeable mound of stones he’d accumulated over the course of his stay in the Falls, and neatly placing them in his pouches, before waking Ranjiri and Letha.  Eager to be out, and the awkward conversations over with, the stallion cheerfully leads the gaggle out and away from their former herd land, towards Dragomir’s plan B.

Though he had promised to visit, it would likely be a stay.  Ranjiri’s daughter needed a place to grow strong that was safe, and where she could have friends her own age.  Having not had companions as a child, the socially dysfunctional stag was quite insistent that Letha would not be as awkward as he was.  He also knew the Edge, which set his mind at ease; though Ranjiri had suggested the Throat, the nervous stallion was glad she hadn’t pressed the issue too much, loathe to admit that the very notion of going to live somewhere strange made his insides turn to jelly.

Along the way, he told them what he knew of the herd, which wasn’t much, considering the time he’d spent away.  He had begun with the most basic information; the general terrain, the buildings which had existed during his stay, and the reign of the Moon Goddess over them all.  No sooner had he started to tell his dearest girls of the former leaders, and the current one he knew of (Alysanne), however, than the glass spikes rise into view, cutting his story short.

Well those are new! he nervously chuckles, glancing at Ranjiri to make sure she’s not upset that he’s brought her daughter to an armed fortress, rather than the place of peace he’d claimed it to be, before craning his head this way, and that, looking for a gate of some sort to enter through,

should be a doorway close by, you’d think…

Thinking he sees a well travelled path nearby, he hurriedly heads down it, breathing a sigh of relief when a gate does indeed appear at its end.  Standing in its threshold, and nervously touching Ranjiri’s shoulder, and smiling at Letha, he calls out into the wood.

Hello? his deep bass booms,

anyone home?

[ OOC:  HI CAN THE HOBOS LIVE HERE? Ranjiri and Letha should be here soon also. :D ]

Manipulation by the lovely Shady, Table by Time

@Ranjiri @Letha
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Duh. Of course the now homeless Falls members would need a new herd - or else band together on their own. Yael just assumed that they would most likely live together in a random area of Xelovia. Yael is, in fact, on her way out of the Edge to continue her education about Helovia, now that the weather is far more pleasant than it had been for the past several months. To the north, she thinks today, when the wind blows surprisingly warm, and she thinks she would like to feel the dichotomy of snow against her ankles, and warm rays upon her brow. For we never truly appreciate one without the other, do we? And truth be told, even if the Desert-born-and-bred Akhal Teke abhors the winter in its entirety, there are days in the summer when even she would wish for a pool of snow to roll in.

Trotting down the well-worn path at an easy pace, Yael can feel Van’s talon thumping lightly against her neck. A smile crosses her face, and she finds herself talking to him, convinced that there is no one else around. It’s not terribly loud, but one might think there was someone else around. “Oh my sun and stars, you vould love all ze posseebilities xere… your boys vould too. And ze treeps. You vould love t’ese trees. Ahnd Leeanna, I t’ink. She reminds me very much of somevone back xome, you know?” Silence, now, as her voice grows softer. “Please don’t be mad, but I xaven’t found a reason or a vay back… I - “ But just as she is about to make her confession, a booming “Hello. Anyone home?” interrupts her one-sided dialogue.

Yael halts in her tracks, unable to see the trio yet. “Xello?” she calls back, and then after a quick look around and scent-check to see from which direction the voice came, she continues down the path. The group shows itself around the next bend, and Yael smiles warmly at the stallion, mare, and foal. A family? Well, they must need something. As the petite, golden pegasus approaches, she calls out again, “Shalom! I am Yael. Xow can I xelp you?”

Oh… how good it feels to say those words again!

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Dragomir

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
It is almost amazing how quickly her mood changes with Birdsong. There are foals around again, the cold weather is gone. That constant chilling breeze that brings with it dissipates with the rays of the sun. Why is it weather can trigger so many memories? Why couldn’t the cold wind keep her ghosts at bay? But the sun does, and she finds herself wandering the Edge today in a far better mood than she’s been in for quite some time.

She has no plans for today other than to see what the day brings. Perhaps it would bring nothing but weaving through the trees and tending to the garden (which wound need some work now that the ground had thawed), but that would be enough for Lyanna. She enjoys the forest of the Edge, enjoys working with her the earth to grow herbs. She’s spent quite a bit of time in the greenhouse planting various herbs so they would have a supply all through winter now.

Besides, hanging out in the greenhouse feels a little bit like having Glasgow around. It’s her work, anyway. A piece of the Glazier that she left behind as a farewell present. The thought brings a bit of a smile to her lips, and she thinks that soon she’ll need to take a trip to the Basin to see how her friend is faring in her new home. But today is not going to be a day for travel. The sound of a Hello! rings out from the gate, and she turns herself that way, figuring she might as well go say hello back. It’s not like she was doing anything else.

Soon enough, a trio of horses standing at the gate, and a familiar golden mare come into view. Lyanna nickers through the trees, announcing her presence as she comes to join the others. She gives Yael a warm smile and a nod of greeting, before turning her attention to the trio. “Welcome to the Edge. I'm Lyanna,” she says, offering her name to the group, but figuring nothing more needs to be said really. Yael’s already asked the question that matters, so Lyanna settles in beside her friend to see what these three would like.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Yael, @Dragomir
I'm sorry I couldn't resist - I need to hog all the Dragomir.

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Nitika Posts: 17
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 4 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Lizzy
Even though Nitika had not been in the World's Edge territory for very long up to this point, she knew she was already willing to give her life to protect it and its residents. They didn't have to be nice to her. They didn't have to heal her wounds. They didn't have to offer her a home and allow her to join the ranks of the Defenders. They had no reason to trust her, for she had come here with little memory of her former life.

But for some reason, they either did or didn't listen to their gut instinct, and they welcomed her in, especially Raeden and Lyanna, who had, respectively, brought her here to give her a home and treated her wounds. The paint mare still felt light twinges of pain when she moved, but she supposed it was a lingering effect of the dark healing magic that Lyanna had used. The outer wounds had healed, but the inner pain would remain for as long as it pleased...

That, or Nitika was just imagining it. Eager to relax for the time being before going off to train for the day, the mare had found a nice grazing spot by the trees, not a long distance from the gates. From where she grazed, Nitika had a clear view of where the entrance was; this way, she could keep an eye out for any horse coming in, to see if they were indeed residents of the land or strangers either come to spy or to seek a home like she had.

Upon this day, the latter would occur. A loud neigh echoed out to where the mare grazed, a sound consisting of a familiar tone. 'Hello!'. That set Nitika's teeth on edge. Who was it that had come here? The tone sounded nice enough, but she did not recognize it, and that told her that an unfamiliar horse (to her at least) had come to the World's Edge.

Rearing up, the mare turned and, after coming back down, started galloping toward the gate to her home. Upon her arrival, Nitika slid to a stop, kicking up small pieces of dirt and grass as she did so. Two mares were here - Yael, a golden mare she'd seen at the last herd meeting, and Lyanna, the one who had healed her.

The stallion, a tobiano with three colors, was not familiar to Nitika. Brown eyes narrowing in suspicion, she stomped at the ground once with her front hoof. She did not need words to emphasize her point; Lyanna may be welcoming this stallion, but the medicine hat mare did not trust him.

@Dragomir @Yael @Lyanna

Letha Posts: 8
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17hh ::
Makai :: Black Panther :: None Time

Letha

Where will I find peace other than in oblivion?

Letha had not strayed very far from the sides of her parents since the downfall of her birthplace. She did not quite understand what was happening, but she knew they needed to leave and find somewhere else to live. She understood the anxiety her parents felt when they stood over her sleepy, tired body. They flinched at all of the noises in the darkness that might cause her harm, although the growing filly could not hear the noises herself. The anxiety that radiated off of them in that time made the filly aware that she was not supposed to wander now.

So, she followed obediently. Her tall, spindly legs carried her behind Dragomir without much prompt from her mind. Instead, she was enthralled by the beauty of everything they passed. While other children might find fear clutching their breast at the sight of the misty wood, Letha was drawn to it. Everything in it was beautiful--the things she both could and could not see. The mist that twisted around her hooves delighted her, and she danced in it behind the massive figure of her step-father. The youngling twisted her body and trotted, kicking at the mist as if it was playing back against her like another foal would. The joy was vibrant in her eyes as she danced, and she turned toward her mother. The filly reared and spread her tiny, useless wings. Harmless hooves struck out at the golden painted woman, her lifegiver, enticing her to dance.

They stood there for quite a while, Letha dancing like the ignorant child she was in the eerily beautiful mists. She did not hear the others approach, but she felt their presence and saw them as they came upon the trio. The girl's dancing ceased and she stood sandwiched between Dragomir and Ranjiri, her sentinels. Ocean blue eyes examined those that drew near, and as the mare with the most aggressive intent made her distrust known, Letha sucked in a breathe and nearly leapt beneath the towering, strong frame of Dragomir, her eyes shooting up to her mother. Fight her, Ma. Her eyes pleaded.

image credits

Bunnie

The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow

His girls dance behind him, and the stallion happy to see Ranjiri let loose the veil of sadness that had shrouded her, ever since arrived, and even before then. While he too was mourning, his loss was only natural; the parent always came before the child, or so we liked to think, anyway. The gold and black had met the exception to this rule, and while Dragomir had fortuitously returned to tend to the chasm Rhoa’s death had left behind, the rift still yawned, regardless.

As if the loss of her unborn child’s father had not been great enough, fate had given her a crown, to steal it away, along with the land of her birth, and his father’s long term rule. The result was that his darling was quite bereaved, and logically so, and though the crafter was not the strongest or best man in the world, he bravely assumes the role as best as he can, for her sake.

So, he does not blame her for her silence, so much as he regrets it, because it means he will have to do all the talking. Setting his eyes to the horizon, however, he attempts to not let his pulse accelerate too much, when the first strange face approaches.

A golden mare, winged, and very small, greets them with a heavily accented voice. He doesn’t recognize it, or her, and neither does he know the next to arrive, or the one after that. Though the first two are friendly enough, offering greetings, and asking logical questions, the third is much fiercer, and firmly stamps her hooves at the trio, after arriving in a less-than-welcoming fashion.

Dragomir’s head lifts quickly in defense, his leisurely angled ears tilting immediately forward, as Letha bolts beneath him with a bleat of fear. Standing tall over the filly, the stallion snorts protectively at the guard, his pale eyes narrowing in thought. He certainly doesn’t want to fight anyone, but he will, if he has to, in order to protect his family. Understanding, however, the needs of one who has long not had a home, and at last found one, and their often hidden desperation to protect such a precious thing…

He too had not been so different once, before he had learned that a home was not where you slept, but whom you thought of as you dozed away.

Slowly, he nods to the most genial two of the trio of mares, first, looking on the overly defensive one last, with what he hopes is a calm gaze.

Greetings, Yael, and Lyanna, he begins, not having a name to give the third, his smile faltering as his glance meets her steely glare, I am Dragomir, and this is Ranjiri the Goldenshade, and our daughter, Letha.

That she wasn’t actually his didn’t matter right now. He considered her a part of his family, and of his concern, and that was all they need to know.

I once served as a Glazier here, a long time ago, not sure where he is going with that, he drops off suddenly, his deep bass voice falling into brief silence and a contemplative frown, before he continues, err, well. Alysanne told me I was welcome to come back, if I ever needed to. I am both glad and quite saddened that the need has came up.

I’d be happy to explain more, if need be, he states, glancing again at the warily watching Nikita, and hoping his words have done enough to ease her ill temperament, otherwise, we seek a home here, if this is still a land of peace, as it was in the years I lived here.

[ OOC: Whoa look at Dragomir use all those words :o Ali is almost done with her post and it should be up shortly! ]

Manipulation by the lovely Shady, Table by Time
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade
It was hard not to be sad and disappointed as we left the Falls behind. I had wanted to do better by everyone, to be a great leader, but I had failed them and I had failed the Earth God and now there was nothing left of the entire herd. I had suggested going back to the Throat, but when Dragomir balked at the idea I hadn't pushed it, but that was mostly because I was hesitant to go back, myself. As far as I knew everything was different since Gaucho died. And, well, I didn't want to go crawling back because I had failed.

So when Dragomir suggested the World's Edge I didn't argue against it. I had been to the Edge several times before, the most recent being when Isopia challenged Alysanne for the bags stolen from Cowboy. It had been a point of contention between our two herds, but I did hope they would be welcoming when we showed up on their borders.

Letha, bless her heart, seemed totally oblivious to everything that was happening around us and for that I was glad. I wanted my daughter to be happy and playful and not have to worry about the things adults did. Even with my own sadness and worries, I managed to keep a smile on my face when she was near and play when she requested it. I trusted Dragomir wholly and completely, so I let him lead the way while I danced along with my daughter -- until we reached the Edge's border. I remembered it from a time long past, when there weren't spikes, but a beautiful wall...

"This is where we first met." I mused, my head turning to Drago. "Do you remember?"

There wasn't much time for us to stand there and reminisce over how we had met and how long ago it had been. Two mares arrived who greeted us pleasantly, then a third arrived in a less than friendly fashion. Letha's fearful bleat made my ears fall back and I dipped my head to give her a reassuring look as she hid beneath Dragomir. When she seemed calm enough I lifted my head and looked at the mare who had caused my child's distress. "Do you make a habit of frightening children?" My voice was cold as I spoke my question, but I had found the action to be completely ridiculous. As if we would be up to no good with a baby in tow. I snorted then looked at the two mares who had been polite. Dragomir had already introduced me and stated our purpose so I nodded to them. "Nice to meet you both."

"."

aud pixel!

yael

Yael is as protective about her new home as the next person, but as an experienced (not that anyone would know that) ruler, she knows that invaders don’t come with children in tow. Unless they’re in for the really long, subversive game. Which is another story entirely.

A singular sign of disapproval manifests itself in a flicker of her ears back against her head when Nitika stomps at the trio. Mostly because both Yael and Lyanna had greeted the family warmly, and it seemed to the little golden mare that this painted woman wanted to act differently just for the sake of being different. But it is not her place to reprimand, so she simply looks at the medicine-hat mare and then back to the frightened girl and her parents. Ears fly back to their normal, alert position, and ever the diplomat, she tries to soothe things over just a bit.

The stallion mentions Alysanne, and that is enough for Yael. Maintaining a welcoming smile, she replies “Oh, of course! I am fairly new to ze Edge, but I am sure t’ey vill velcome you back as t’ey xaf velcomed me.” Looking to Lyanna, the only one who really held rank, for confirmation, Yael realizes that she miiiiight have just spoken out of turn. But old habits die hard (or simply refuse to die at all), and she would rather beg forgiveness than ask permission.

If nothing else, over the years Yael has learned to be a good spokeswoman.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Lyanna @Dragomir @Letha @Ranjiri @Nitika

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Lightning strikes every time she moves
“At ease, Protector. They’re with me.”

Chico had alerted me that there was a commotion at the gate (shit go down) but he’d already made his way there before I’d even got a head start. By the time I’d rolled up, he was already changed into his fluffy form, trotting on unobtrusive stubby legs toward the tiny that trembled beneath her Pa(?). This young thang apparently needed a lot of comfort--which was no trouble at all for Cheek, absolutely none, cuz he’s crazy for kids I guess. He boldly made a bee-line for her with his smiley brown eyes, offering a broad, whiskered muzzle before offering his squat, warm, fuzzy body for comfort.

I recognized both my warrior and the golden pegasus mare from…before, even as my eyes took in the black Lyanna and my golden Jiji and her lil’ babe and...and some dude. Which was a strange hitch in the familiar wiggle of my belly to see my bes-bes-fren, which was apparent in the slow, chilled, authoritative way I said with me. If he was here on Jijij’s heels (and the father of Jiji’s--) then he was automatically vetted in my view. But that didn’t quite mean I knew how it sat in my stomach, or that he ain’t have a laundry list of inquiries he’d have to answer to, the fuck.

But that wasn’t gonna happen right at this moment, not in front of these other yahoos; I was the General right now, not some kid being confused about seeing her long-time sissy and cousin and bestie with a guy she didn’t even know. Maybe before Volterra’s penis, I wouldn’t have felt these kinds of goosebumps at the implication. But what can you do? I gave a tight smile to my protector; she was intense, but she was doing her job and I wasn’t about to yell her down for it. “It’s coo’, no need for challengin’ no one, I can tell you now these people are good.” Then I snorted, a burst of laughter coming through before I could stop the gush of warmth. “Good? Hell, they’re better than that, what the hell am I talkin’ about?” The next move to make then was to go to Jiji, to throw my head around her shoulders, to pull her close and show them just how important these people were.

That ain’t happen. I turned towards the open gates, to lead everyone back through and away from the tension of…there. “C’mon, let’s get this fam a place to rest, they’ve been through it and it ain’t right just to leave them on the doorstep talking.” There was far more important things to discuss within the walls, where everything was comfortable and perfect for discussin things.

"In ornare vitae leo eu volutpat."  
Chico
and Roskuld
image credits

@Lyanna @Nitika

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Nitika Posts: 17
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 4 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Lizzy
Nitika's brown eyes glimpsed the foal as she moved beneath the sturdy frame of the stallion, obviously in a motion for him to protect her. Not that it would be hard; a full grown horse his size protecting a filly from another full grown horse. Nitika was fit for a mare, but her instincts were telling her that the stallion was not one to be taken lightly.

Still, the urge to protect her home took over, and she kept a wary eye on him. He snorted at the paint mare, his head going up and ears forward as he watched her. For some reason, Nitika thought she saw a glimpse of understanding in his eyes, but she brushed it aside. What could this stallion understand?

The mare then jumped in, asking Nitika if she had a habit of scaring fillies and colts. She rolled her eyes; she may have a cold heart, but she didn't mind foals. She wouldn't scare them unless it was completely by accident. She'd just wanted to defend her home, so even if the mare was angry with her, Nitika did not care.

The tense atmosphere hung for a few more moments before the stallion looked at Nitika again, his eyes calmer than they had been after she'd arrived and stomped her hoof. She noticed that, but did not let her guard down. She couldn't afford to; not after last time... she was still sore.

The stallion introduced himself as Dragomir, the young filly as Letha, and the golden mare as Ranjiri. He hesitated a moment before explaining his purpose for coming here. He had lived here once before? Nitika did feel a little sheepish at her behavior, but not much. She hadn't known he'd lived here at one point after all, and besides, who's to say he didn't have some sort of ulterior motive?

Nitika's foul manner was somewhat broken when Roskuld arrived. Now, the paint mare was not one to normally follow orders. Save for when before, when she might've lived in a herd if she could remember, she'd done everything on her own. Grazing, running, exploring, pretty much everything. She'd only ever really interacted with whoever she'd lived with when they were escaping danger. It had gone both ways too; no one from her old home, wherever it was, didn't seem to like her.

It would've explained why when she'd first arrived here, in the Threshold, why she was running from something even though she didn't know what it was.

Roskuld told Nitika to back down before explaining that the trio of strangers were to be trusted. That didn't mean she had to listen, but the painted mare would calm down for now. Letting out a small snort, she took a step back, keeping her head a bit low as she stood by the entrance to the herd's territory, absently listening to Roskuld talk.

Roskuld then instructed every horse to follow her back inside the territory to discuss... whatever it was she wanted to talk about. Without a word, Nitika walked back in through the territory's entrance, flicking her tail absently a few times as she waited for the others.

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
Nikita soon joins them, though her greeting is less than kind. Lyanna casts her a glance, about to say something, but she’s not given the chance. Dragomir replies, his words kind, and Ranjiri, less pleased. Though Lyanna doesn’t blame a mother for protecting her child, and again, she is about to say something, but then Yael is speaking and Ros is there and Lyanna is rendered unnecessary.

She lets Ros take care of her warrior, as it is far more Ros’s place than any of the others. Besides, it’s clear Ros knows them. More than clear as the mare throws her head over Ranjiri’s back and lets them inside. Lyanna smiles, stepping aside. “You are in good hands with Ros, as I suspect you already know.” She says with a playful little smile and a nod toward Ros.

She recalls their first meeting, when Lyanna has been new to the Edge and barely known a soul. Ros hadn’t stayed then, but had come looking for someone. But she’d come back in there, and though they had not really spoken again, she’d served the Edge well. Perhaps not the best conversationalist, but Lyanna found her presence reassuring. And Chico – well, truthfully, he was impossible not to love.

“I’ll leave you all to settle in. I’m sure you don’t need half the Edge breathing down your necks,” Not that this is half the Edge. No, this little group has barely scratched the surface of the Edge. But with Ros there and clearly ready to see them into the Edge safe and sound, Lyanna doesn’t need to stay. “I will see you around, and should you need anything at all, please don’t hesitate to find me.”

With that, she nods to the group and particularly their new Edge members, and leaves them to settle into their new home.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

When the General shows up, Yael shuts her mouth. Whatever comforting and placating she could have done is unnecessary now that someone has vouched for them. Such is the plight of the bottom of the food chain. Nevertheless, she flashes the formerly itchy Sparklight a quick smile and dips her dished head in both greeting and deference.

There is nothing left for her, who happened upon the trio, to do, so Yael takes a page out of Lyanna’s book. When the group turns back from the gate and towards the Edge’s center, the golden pegasus plans to take her leave. It seemed that Roskuld was good friends with at least one of them, and she wouldn’t want to get in the way of catching up. Addressing the newest members of their herd - Dragomir, Ranjiri, and Letha, Yael welcomes them with a very sincere statement, “I do not know as much as Lyanna, but eef you need anyt’ing, please do not xesitate to find me. Velcome back to ze Edge!”

And with that, the gilded woman also peels off from the group, heading off to - well, she doesn’t quite know, but there is always something to do or learn. Mastering two crafts takes up a considerable amount of time, and she should get back to the tasks at hand.

yael

Image | Background

Bunnie
"This is where we first met. Do you remember?"

"Of course."

Her voice draws his attention away from the others coming, a smile crossing his face; nodding, slowly, he repaints the memory in his mind, bringing to life a time long ago, when both he and Ranjiri had been very, very young. As he grins at his beloved, he can see the very clearing into which he’d burst upon the gold-dipped mare and a friend of hers, exchanging gifts, an overly eager soldier, and even more eager to defend his new home. While Dragomir feels embarrassed, still, when he looks back on the moment, but there is also wonderful warmth to the memory – mostly because Ranjiri had instantaneously forgiven him for his rudeness, allowing their friendship to grow from then on.

Too soon, however, the others are there, and the conversations begin; his dearest’s obvious perturbation with the stern warrior mare makes him smile subtly, the stallion finding it very endearing to see her protective nature so quickly inspired. He is also glad, however, to see a humorously familiar face arrive to their rescue.

Though she doesn’t seem to remember him, he remembers her; actually, she had been the friend whom he’d so rudely shouted at that long ago day, so he couldn’t quite blame her for not recalling who he was. He didn’t make it a point to remember people he didn’t particularly like, either.

When she simply barges in and steals away with Ranjiri, however, Dragomir is suddenly reminded why he hadn’t been overly fond of her, either. Quite the gentleman, he is instantaneously thrown off guard by her language, let alone her immediate claim over what he considered to be his woman. His expression becomes worried, perplexed, and surprised all in one swift moment, and when he looks back to the other mares who had arrived to greet them, he has a hard time hiding his reaction at all.

"Thank you. I’m sure we’ll run into one another again soon," hurriedly finishes the stallion, occasionally flickering his crystal eyes in the direction of his departing darling, nervously. Nodding to them each, especially the more friendly mares of the gathering, he plods along after Ranjiri and Roskuld at a trot to catch up, all while keeping an eye out for Letha (how hard would it be to find a lost deaf girl in a misty wood? Maybe he should have thought of that before now…), not entirely sure why he’s been so flummoxed by the entire situation at all.

Regardless, as the mists wreath around his ankles, and the familiar smell of the Moon’s wood fills his nostrils, he can’t help but feel a wave of pleasant happiness well within him, despite the awkward hurry of the moment.

Wishlist | Table Tracker