the Rift

[PRIVATE] flying

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

Perhaps lying on your back and watching clouds is childish; if so, I might be called a child, I guess, but today, I don’t really give a damn.

The wind wisps by overhead with quiet croons, occasionally carrying with it a bird, some small, some larger, like hawks, or gulls, and far below the meadow rise, the sound of the sea splashes against the rocks.  The gold of my hooves glimmers in the sun, my buck’s antlers, cream gently entwined with wire-fine strands of metals, doing the same, and, though the hole in my heart is still there, empty, and aching, the world doesn’t seem half so bad, from this angle.

All there is up there is great, big, blue sky, and the cotton figures of the white travelers, heavy with hoarded rain.  It’s a world without borders or end, that reaches endlessly up and out, into whatever is beyond, without fear of consequences, and I feel my heart yearn for that freedom, with the binding earth pressed firmly against my back.  Once, in a dream, I’d been there, moving like water through nothingness, alongside Aelin, and ever since, I had never been able to shake the guilty understanding of what might had driven the unicorn ancestors of the pegasi to fuck birds in the first place.  There was nothing quite like the free world of the sky, and maybe just the hope that their children could own such a kingdom had been enough of a lure, to, y’know, stuff a turkey.

Duir’s disgusted snort and the sound of his hooves trotting away draw me back over to my belly, an amused chuckle breaching the distance between us.  Though the buck is glad to see some measure of my old self back, he is also not entirely pleased that he's the brunt of the amusement, either, and is attempting to get out of my sight long enough to disappear.  Not forever, of course, just long enough for me to give up on whatever taunting I've decide to make him endure.

"What?" I continue to laugh, getting up to follow the huffy little prude, tauntingly calling out, "it’s all just nature!"

’cause we need a little controversy
 @Glacia

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie
Glacia

Funny, how a few days ago Rikyn had been on my mind, and now here I was running into him, and obviously on a good day.

But I'm a little ahead of myself. I had left from the Worlds Edge yesterday afternoon, to begin a trek to the heavenly fields. With the spring came many plants, but I was after a specific one. Thistle. Now, I could have gone to the thistle meadow for this, but honestly, mountain thistle was the absolute best (really I just preferred the view, and well I liked it better here anyways.) and it was great for expecting mothers. So, that was what originally brought me here. I did actually grab some on my way though, don't worry.

Part of why I liked it so much was the fact that it made me feel young again. It had been a favorite place of mine as a filly, and coming back up here even though the elevation caused trouble with breath, felt better than most anything. Of course before, elevation wasn't too huge an issue, after all I had grown up in the mountains, but I had been too close to the ocean floor for some time now, and so it was slightly hard to breath at the height I was at.

As I reached this heaven, I came across a creature I knew, and thought of as a friend. At least the closest to one I'd ever really had. He was rolling over to stand, getting prepared to chase the fleeing tail of a Cendyr, and saying something about nature. For some reason, seeing him here, and well in such a wonderful mood just boots my own mood, causing a burst of youth from my usually slow and soft demeanor. Thick legs picking up a hard gallop, and all my excitement coming out in short spurts of bucks and kicks as I make my way quickly towards the young stallion. Only as I near do I slow into a bouncing flowing trot, hair messily splayed across my forehead, and tail raised, as a long slow snort echoed from my nostrils, before a soft giggle escapes my lips, blue eyes finding his face. "What's 'all just nature', Rikyn?"

"Talk."

Not sure I like this post but I wanted her to have a happy feel <3 Plus I thought of how my mare greets her buddies across the feild so I just had to put that in there lmao <3<3

@Rikyn
image | bckg

Rikyn

The sound of approaching hooves draws my gaze swiftly, with a wary glow, at least until I realize that I know the person coming at me. Glacia, in a much better mood than last I’d seen her, though I myself I am far worse for wear. Slowing my pace as she arrives at my side, my buck halts entirely, looking back with familiarity at the white flecked mare, though groaning that she perpetuates the nonsense that had spurred him to fleeing in the first place.

Smiling awkwardly to myself, bouncing to a careless stop from my sweeping trot alongside the lightning marked cerndyr, and casting my eyes impishly back over to the girl I had watched grow up with me. Though I know she’s no stranger to the natural embrace of a man and a woman, our last conversation entailing her worries that she had made terrible, irreversible mistakes, I certainly hadn’t expected to have a girl show up, and inquire about my inappropriate teasing. Duir’s laughter winds through my thoughts, light, and ridiculing, and though my dark pelt hides it, I feel a warm blush rise against my skin as I mentally flounder for something to say.

"Sex," I decide, bluntly stating the matter, while evading the peculiar, racist subject that had inspired Duir’s flight from me, not feeling up to lying today, barely able to cling to the ease of spirit that has evaded me since my father’s death. I don’t want to tempt it by playing games with who I am, today. Besides, Glacia knows me, better than most do. What good would it do to pretend to be a stranger, with someone who is not?

My smile is lopsided as I glance away from her, back at the buck, to hide the glimmer of youthful embarrassment that crosses my features as I state that one word. It looks like I’m just turning back to make fun of my companion, which is only half true, but good enough for me.

"He is a gentleman," I laugh, turning back to her, "perhaps too much so."

@Glacia

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Glacia

The boy came to a halt, his cyndyr. Boy? No, he was a man now. My eyes swept over his body, muscular, scarred. Grown. He was filled in, strong shoulders. He was far from horrible looking. Strange to think that I was just now noticing this. An awkward smile lifts his lips, as he seems to be considering what or how to say something. With his silver tongue I expected something sly and avoiding whatever it was. Ah, but he shocks me with coming right out and saying it. Sex. It is something I have only experienced once. One time. And it had been amazing. It had also resulted in an attachment, foals, and mentally straining. I wasn't sure how exactly I felt about the who sex subject. My mind stopping on the memory of the three hooligans who I had the displeasure of meeting. Inwardly I cringed at their crudeness. But I was yet less bothered by Rikyn. Maybe it was because I knew him, and maybe it was because he was not lewd.

My ears remained on him, and a brow raised. Contemplating him. I watch as he turns to his companion, a lopsided grin on his features. "He is a gentleman," A laugh escapes Rikyn, as he turns back to look at me. "perhaps to much so."

Softly I laugh, my eyes traveling to Rikyn's companion. "He sounds incredibly good for you Rikyn. To balance out your impish nature." My eyes slide back over to the young stallion, a mischievous smile lifting my lips. "So. Sex. Well, isn't that intriguing." I step closer. "Day dreaming about something you haven't had, or musing over someone you finally got?" My voice is teasing, joking. Poking fun at him. I had no idea of what he had, or hadn't done. I'd only guessed at him.

"Talk."

@Rikyn <333

image | bckg

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

I can’t help but notice how all the girls I grew up with have grown up; there is something about every moment after a boy becomes a man (physically anyway) that makes curves and perfume impossible to ignore. It is even harder when you happen to be talking about the one thing that makes all those small details about a woman so fascinating in the first place, and if that woman is pretty, and batting her lashes.

So to speak, really – Glacia does all her lash work with her eyes, and her smile. The proximity of her body to mine aids her endeavors, so that it becomes difficult to tell if she’s flirting with me, or if I’m just getting amped up, tricking myself with the context. Smiling, reciprocating the flirtatious glances with a steady, almost arrogant gaze, I laughingly snort at her inquiry, because in truth, it was neither that had inspired the conversation at all. She, of course, didn’t have to know that.

"Hm, a bit of both," I smirk, golden eyes glimmering; there were no other women up here, after all! "Rather the preceding act of lust…" A friend of mine, really, I think to myself, not for the first time admiring the muscular slope of Glacia’s shoulders, and strong back, lending to supple hips. Even as a boy I’d had a keen interest in pretty, clever women, even before I’d taken a keener interest in their figures; with age (and experience!) I’d become much less awkward than I had once been... not to say I was any good at it, still. "And the things it might make some do."

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Glacia

In truth, I hadn't seen Rikyn in such a mood. He was usually arrogant. Sarcastic even. There was still an air of arrogance about him, an unusual confidence.

His voice hums slightly, thinking, before telling me it was a bit of both, continuing on to explain on things that lust might make one do. Lust? The word makes me ponder. Lust. It was what I had felt with Rhoa that one time. The only time. Looking at Rikyn now, I felt it again. He was handsome. But he was my friend too. He knew me better than anyone besides my parents. My eyes moved down his body, lingering only just too long, before returning to his gold gaze. "Lust is a fickle emotion. It makes us do things we wouldn't normally even consider." One step closer. "I'd say its even some form of insanity. What say you?"

A smirk lifts my lips. I am close. I can feel his body heat. I can easily touch him here. I don't need to even stretch. Slowly my muzzle reaches towards his shoulder, but my eyes linger on his. Was it a form of insanity, or was I already crazy?
"Talk."
@Rikyn
image | bckg

Rikyn

I occasionally catch her looking at me, like now, but then she seems to look away, as if she’s uncomfortable with it, or something else. I, however, keep looking at her, not really all that ashamed of being attracted to someone, no matter how well we know one another. Two years ago, I might not have been as forward, or even all that interested, to be honest, but I was also much less comfortable with the idea of being intimate with someone else (even just as friends) at that point in time, too.

What did anyone expect, really? I’d been alone a large portion of my life, and what relationships I did have were mostly unhealthy ones. Being close to people, in any regard, sort of freaks me out, and maybe always will, but it doesn’t mean I’m not willing to try, or any less wildly allured by the thought of being with Glacia (or any girl, really, for that matter).

I am, after all, an adventure by nature!

She steps closer, and my heart moves up to my throat, and my muscles tense. I hear her though a haze of curious desire, the wanton need to press my nose down into her dark hair, or to kiss along the ridges of her back, and though I don’t, still tentatively unsure of myself, I certainly want to.

"We could both be mad, then, and it would suit me just fine," I smirk, my head lifting as she touches my shoulder; an electricity I can’t explain rushes through every vein in my body, as if fed from that focal point of her skin against mine, and, suddenly, as I look into her glacial eyes, it all becomes quite clear what to do from then on (thank you, instinct). I move towards her with an exhalation of hot breath, letting my cocoa mouth toy with the strands of her dark hair, easing myself about her with suggestive motions of my head and neck over her back, nipping and bumping when the desire drives me to. "Can we?"

@Glacia

Wishlist - Plots

Glacia
This is all happening very quickly, but I don't have the will to stop it. Burning desire. I felt afire, and my heart. Oh my heart. It felt like it would explode in my chest from the speed it raced, and the weight it pounded with. His words and touch just encourage the fire even further. It starts with my mane, and soon he is moving down my body, bumping and nipping at me. My head turns to look back at him, a brow raised, and a playful smile twitching at my lips. "Can we?"

My tail flicks, long tassels reaching out to touch his chest, before I moved forward. My head turns away, looking out across to field. Privacy, privacy. I look back at Rikyn.

Ba-bump.

My damn heart. My damn stomach. It twists and turns, butterflies fluttering nervously in my gut. "Lets go somewhere more private... The wait will make it better anyways.." I turn once more torwards him, reaching to gently nip at his shoulder, then to pull on strands of his mane. Yes. Privacy. Anyone could see us. I knew only too well the urges to explore as a child, and I didn't want to scar a youngster before their time.

I expect him to follow, sashaying my way towards some more private places up here. I don't doubt that he will.

"Talk."

@Rikyn

image | bckg

Rikyn

When she agrees, the wave of excitement that thrums through me is sudden and almost overwhelming. As hard as it was to think about anything other than the black velvet of her body so close to mine before, now it’s almost as if the whole world is a narrow, swift tunnel that leads my focus onto her, and her alone. Even when she pulls away, her lips seductively trailing along my shoulders, grasping my tangled mane, I don’t have to think to follow.

Angling towards the nearest cluster of small, windswept trees, their boughs adorned in spring’s green buds and first, soft leaves; I hadn’t noticed it, still barely do over the thrum and throb of my rushing blood, but the wind is cool up here, the air thin, and it adds to the wild rush of time, swept forward in the throes passion.

I don’t think about children at all, forgetting about anything else as the grove enfolds us, and I can at last bring Glacia to me in the closest embrace. Entering this moment as lifelong friends, what would we leave it as? I wonder, a fleeting thought, swift before it is carried away on the dancing sweep of longing that rises through me, as I bury my muzzle into her dark hair, and cover her.

Duir, left alone in the middle of the open meadow, watches the sea, and wishes very deeply that Glacia and my time together in the cluster of trees will be short lived.

- Time elapse to escape the awkwardness here –

That there are trees about becomes much more apparent than it had been on the way in, my eyes capable of seeing them, rather than just the ebony and snow mare beside me. Finding myself eager to be near to her, shoulder to shoulder, I pull my head over her neck, if she’ll let me, not really wanting to have to make eye contact, embarrassed by how overwhelmingly satisfied I feel at this point in time. There is something about it that makes me feel really weak, and a bit tired, revealing tenderness in myself that I usually keep hidden behind smiles, or brooding stares.

Even if I’d just shared, y’know, with her, I wasn’t about to start being an open book. Some things are better kept to yourself, like the fact that it feels really, really nice to be close to someone, especially someone from my past, or that I’d like to do what we just did, again and again. I’m pretty sure it’s why women seem to be able to control men, inexplicably, with glances, and swayed hips; anything to experience that rising, wild flame one more time.

[ OOC: Quietly enjoys the moment. 400th post! Woooooo ]
@Glacia