the Rift

[OPEN] don't hate me

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Ever since the Earth God had returned to the Falls and announced that it would no longer be a place to call home, Darwin felt homesick. The Falls had been all he’d ever known, from his birth in the Windtossed Foothills, to seeking out refuge of a herd among their boarders. It was a part of him, and it burned with sadness deep within his body at the fact it would never be a home again. Antaa felt the same as he did, having found the perfect places in the land to hunt from and surprise her bonded, the memories they had made throughout everything, despite not having done much for the herd at all. They were both sad, frustrated, and even more curious about what happened deep within the land that had caused the Earth God’s sudden stir.

He didn’t know what happened with Kaos, he still thought Kisamoa was a kindhearted sea-soul that was willing to help them return the land to its glory. Though the boy couldn’t be more wrong, and perhaps it was this ignorance that confused him with the Earth God’s mention of distractions. One day he’d learn, and on that day he would be pissed.

So he moved across Helovia trying to figure out his next plan. He thought about visiting this Aurora Basin that he’d never heard of, but since Frostfall had just passed, he didn’t feel the need to venture anywhere colder than the Falls had been. And as they moved, it wasn’t until Antaa mentioned something of Edgar that Darwin even remembered where Elsa lived. He felt guilty, for having forgotten about her, but it had been so long since he’d seen her, and with the whole world around him shifting, perhaps he had a better excuse than saying “I forgot”. He’d never admit it to the Icebound, and so it would become a secret for him to keep.

When they finally arrived at the boarder of the World’s Edge, there was a giant metal gate ahead of him. His ivory head tilted curiously as he tightened his wings alongside his back. Antaa found comfort in creating a small nest in the nook of where his wings folded, silently urging him to call her name so he could find out immediately if she was here – or even if she was okay. Guilt ate at his gut as he thought about the chance of her leaving Helovia entirely – or of her possibly even dying. So Darwin breathed in deeply and lifted his head calling into the early morning.
"Talk."
It’s like marrow without bone,
to live in a house
with no home.
image credits

He's specifically looking for @Elsa but he plans on joining as well, so someone to accept him would be great :D

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
your faith was strong but you needed proof

The darkness that had enveloped following the herd meeting was endless. There was a silence so loud around her constantly that it was deafening. Her mind was dull, lifeless, and it reflected physically. Her normally pristine look was replaced by dirt, grime, sweat- her hair although grown back was still choppy along the bottoms. She had fallen so far since her rule. Edgar had also degraded with time. His feathers were dinghy and dull. Neither of them had the energy or the incentive to keep up anymore. Life was slowly swallowing them alive, and no matter what they did their screams would never be loud enough to be saved.

That was, until a familiar call swept across her ears. It shattered the silence, and suddenly, it was like she was alive again. Between the two of them, Edgar was the first to lose his shit. He pushed roughly off of her poll and took to the skies, cawing so loudly that it could be considered shrieking. He heard Darwin, but the only image that filled his head was Antaa. Elsa could feel Edgar’s and her own heartbeat increase considerably. They were at the gate, he had to be.

Elsa took off in a gallop, her hooves hitting the ground, leaving impressions in her wake. Edgar flew above, pushing his body as fast as he could manage. It was quite a sight to see the Icebound and her companion moving with such speed- but the one reason she had to return showed up at her front door, and she wasn’t going to waste another moment alone.

She hoped he had not moved on- she hoped he had not forgotten. The Icebound couldn’t fault him for it, but seeing him with someone else, or seeing him jaded and bruised, she could never forgive herself. The already broken hearted matriarch could not survive such a disaster.

Upon arrival at the gate, she saw him and froze. Antaa was curled up against him, and Edgar was already diving down and landing on the ground near her. He chirped incessantly towards his friend, and his heart fluttered as he bounced back and forth. He so desperately craved attention, craved her. Elsa was too wrapped up in Darwin to pay attention to him, and instead closed the distance between Darwin and himself. A gate would not keep her away.

She rushed forward closing the distance and connecting chests probably a little too hard. Her neck wrapped around him, her muzzle landing on his opposite should as she tried to pull him closer. There was a brief moment of pure awe at the feeling of contact again, and her eyes watered. They threatened to cry. Her breathing was ragged, and the Icebound sniffled feeling suddenly so small in his presence. ”Darwin… I’ve missed you.” the words were quiet, and she clenched her eyes shut. He may not have missed her, he may have moved on, but she needed this one moment to even survive. ”I’m sorry.” Her voice cracked, and with it so did the Icebound. She cried, and cried, and cried. The sobbing was ugly, and pent up over the course of months. He was her release- she needed him. But the question was did he need her?
the icebound
kaneryuu!

@Darwin
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE

It was quiet as he waited by that eerie metallic gate. His mind mulled over all the things he’d say if he saw her – like how much he’d missed her, how much he wished she could have seen the Falls and its beauty since it had changed from the Foothills. He needed to tell her about his brother’s fall from power as well, in its laughable state. And perhaps he needed to get a bit more serious about it in the fact that he wanted to remain by her side, to be able to wake up with her beside him. If it wasn’t only the feeling of his heart yearning for Elsa, then Antaa had something to do with it as well. How she happened to bright up every time she thought of Edgar. And how the images of Edgar helping dry off her flaming wings when she plunged herself into the water made both her and Darwin feel.

And everything he had on the tip of his tongue to say to her, died as soon as he saw her. Edgar had been shrieking, and while Darwin nodded to the bird, his gaze was focused on Elsa. Relieved to see that she was alive and still living among the World’s Edge, but dismayed and saddened by their grungy appearance. Darwin and Antaa were rugged looking, but he happened to manage his appearance well. His beard was free of little twigs and sticks, as well as the feathers on his feet, where no burrs were found. Yet Elsa looked as though she hadn’t seen a good bath in a while, and he began to wonder just what she had been up to lately.

So when she collided into him and wrapped his neck around hers, he returned the gesture by wrapping his greyed muzzle across her neck and stretching his ivory wings forward to embrace her. The first words that left her lips consoled him, and only caused the guilt to grow larger. “I missed you too, Elsa.” His deep voice rumbled into her blue streaked mane. He found a smile begin to grow on his lips briefly at the reunion until she apologized and began to cry. Immediately his brows furrowed and he pulled his head back slightly to look at her. “Shhh, Elsa. It’s okay, I’m here now.” He tried to console her, aiming to reach his dark muzzle up to wipe away her tears. “The Falls is no longer a herd, and so I’ve come to you. To stay her with you…” He smiled partially, though concern still gleamed in his eyes. “If you’ll have me.” He tilted his head slightly, trying to look at her with hope.

Meanwhile Antaa had long since jumped from his back down to Edgar, aiming to embrace the icy zephyr tightly, though as to be sure not to burn him. She squawked and cawed to him with small things of how she had missed him and how she couldn’t stop thinking about him and how she was so excited to be here with him. Antaa had barely enough time to notice the sobbing from Elsa with everything she wanted to tell Edgar. Perhaps there would be more time for that, but for now it was a time of reunions and new beginnings.

"Talk."

to live in a house
with no home.
image credits

@Elsa AHHH <3

He missed her.

Those were words she’d never thought she’d hear from anyone. No one ever missed her, it was always her missing them. She stiffened as he reached to clear her tears, but relaxation quickly replaced it. She knew she was safe with him. Her weight shifted just a fraction more forward, almost like she was trying to meld herself to him. He was a comfort she didn’t want to lose.

But his next words troubled her. Gingerly she took a few steps back, brow furrowed as he spoke of the Hidden Falls. She hated the place- the horses- but overall the breathtaking beauty that was the falls seemed untouchable by the corruption around them. Though apparently not everything was as it seemed lately. ”What do you mean- the Falls is no longer a herd, was there an invasion?” A thousand other questions tipped the end of her tongue, but for now she didn’t want to overwhelm her dearest friend. ”Of course, you’re more than welcome to stay-“ She paused for a moment, a pit forming in her stomach when she realized she no longer was capable of just letting people waltz in.

Anxiety brewed in the pit of her stomach- someone of a higher ranking would need to bring him into the herd. Hopefully in the face of everything she could find Alysanne, her successor seemed to have a good grip on reality. Worse comes to worse, if Tembovu shows up she’ll pull a few cards if he decides to be an ass. Don’t play with ice, Elephant King- you’ll only get bitten. ”You’re staying.” She finally finished with conviction, blushing briefly when she realized how pushy that sounded. ”If you want to, of course. I’ll just have to get “permission” from someone higher up on the totem pole. Of course, whatever happens we’re sticking together. I won’t let them turn you away.” There was confidence in her voice as she knew she could hold her own against them.

Next to her, Edgar practically bounded toward Antaa. Her heat was stifling, but it didn’t bother the chilly zephyr. Instead her peeped enthusiastically reaching his beak forward to nudge her face. ”I missed you, Antaa.” He said quietly, turning his head shyly from the girl. ”I’m glad Elsa came back. I missed having you around.” Truth be told, Antaa was a great break from everything. She wasn’t barred by species barriers, and she was kind and pure. Everything Edgar had hoped- and failed- to become.
the icebound
kaneryuu!

’What do you mean – the Falls is no longer a herd, was there an invasion?’ She questioned him and he simply shook his head against her words, offering her a reassuring smile. “I’m not sure what happened really. But the Earth God appeared and said that there was a darkness in the land that he’d missed and he decided to remove the herd to help protect the earth.” He admitted with a small shrug, unsure of what else to say about it. “You can still go there, though. It’s just not a herd land anymore.” He added in, hoping maybe that would relieve some of the questions she might have.

Then, as she said he was welcome to stay and began to pause, his river stone gaze sought hers and she contemplated something. Then, she continued and there was confidence suddenly in her voice that she didn’t recall hearing before. It was reassuring and the man only nodded to her in response. He understood those kinds of laws, they were the same in the Falls. And after everything that happened with Elsa, he didn’t blame her for no longer carrying a higher rank. Regardless of all that, when she said that they would stick together it was enough to make his mind fuzzy and his heart warm. “I’ll go everywhere and anywhere with you Elsa.” He admitted brightly, aiming to reach his head back to her and embrace her tightly as she tried to meld herself into him.

While everything went on with the pegasi, Antaa was beyond excited with Edgar. While she seemed to ‘melt’ him, he seemed to ‘freeze’ her in their proximity. Though neither seemed to mind, they seemed more than happy to hurt one another to be close. Edgar’s beak reached out and brushed by Antaa’s beak and pressing gently into her orange feathers. She squeaked in happiness to him and pressed her face back into his iciness. Then, he spoke and seemed to shy away from her. Spreading her wings slightly she cooed to him. “I missed you too Edgar! I think I drove Darwin crazy always thinking of you.” She muttered before half squawking, half laughing. “Where did you guys go, if I can ask? We mostly stayed in the Falls and slept a lot.” Her head tilted as she looked to him.

"Talk."

to live in a house
with no home.
image credits

@Elsa <3333

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Lightning strikes every time she moves
Chico was healed, of course--a dislocated rib won’t do much except give you a gnarly bruise, and he was a tough one anyway, so he only squealed in his sleep like, twice before that was gone, too. But even after that, both our chests still ached, and we ain’t have to talk about why.

Maybe it was a mark of how much older and more mature I was that Nyx’s death didn’t break me, even though it felt like it should. And I wasn’t sure if it was a good thing either, for me to be this...this distant about her being gone. Not like I wasn’t mourning her at all or anything--but back in the day (y’all already know) I’d’ve raged and cried and screamed and run run run run run run run the fUCK away from this place, from another one, another failure, another deat at my hands that I could’ve stopped.

(but this time I tried--)

(--I hadn’t run, I’d tried, and I wasn‘t strong enough--)

Running away from this herd wasn’t gonna help no one, though; who would I have been, abandoning this place when I knew good and hell well that they were barely limping along for protection? It was a distinction I’d learned, a way to help...cope...with the hurt. But it still hurt--and more than ever, I felt the full weight of my position on my shoulders. I ain’t have no reference point no more, a history to help me keep afloat--it was all me now.

Eh, whatever.

Someone was at the gate, and even though they’d already been intercepted by a...person (a warrior? My warrior?  I wasn’t sure--) duty still propelled me forward. It felt weird that Chico hadn’t been the one to alert me this time; he was confined to my back, dammit, even though the bruise and the pain was mostly gone. I had to be sure. And he was lazy enough to submit to it.

The horses I met there weren’t horses I recognized. Well...okay, I take that back. I recognized one of them (from somewhere), but it caught me off guard that she had acted in the stead of a warrior; I guessed that someone had taken my word at the meeting and actually volunteered for patrol. The dudebro that accompanied her was totally unfamiliar, but I already knew that the Foothills the Hidden Falls weren’t a herd anymore, so I was already braced for new arrivals. “‘Sup,” I said, while Chico flashed a toothy grin at the magic chickens squawkin’ around without actually moving from his fatty throne. I ran an eye over the new guy. “What’s the story here?”

Chico
and Roskuld
image credits

@Elsa <3

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

A well of hurt rolled through her body as he mentioned the Earth God disbanding them. Had Helovia gotten this bad while she was gone? From the side, Edgar sent her a quick acknowledging glance. He too was deeply disturbed at the recent turn of events. If they weren’t planning on destroying the Falls completely… why were they disbanded? So many questions, but so little time. She decided to stow her nosey thoughts for a later date. For now, they would have to find another, someone to actually let him in. It was kind of embarrassing, having to do such a thing. How far she had fallen in the past year or so.

But the next words that came out startled her. She took a small step backwards, looking at him with confusion, happiness, and also anger. He would go anywhere with her? How long had she wanted those words to come from another’s mouth, but it was all too sweet- Darwin was too perfect. So how long was it until this relationship came crumbling down? That nagging thought was always lingering, and for once, she just wanted to fall into whatever life gave her. She had nothing to lose, so why was she clinging so close to the cliff when she could jump? With the possibility that Darwin would be there with her, there was no reason not to just fall- was it love? Friendship? The two were blurred in her mind, and part of her just wanted to shower Darwin with all the compliments and accolades he deserved. He helped her through a lot, and he deserved to know that he was wanted, and love. Color peeked up in her cheeks, and she glanced down to the birds chirping next to them, hoping Edgar would help her. Instead, he was in his own conversation with Antaa. She grimaced at him, but turned back to Darwin. ”You have no idea how much it means to me that you say that. In case you haven’t noticed, you make things a lot easier.” It was a pathetic response, and she had much more to say, but that would have to do for now.

Edgar, picking up on her discomfort glanced up for a moment, only to leave Elsa to her own devices. He was having too good of a time with Antaa to stop their conversation. Naturally, she asked the question he knew would eventually come up. He had no problem telling her, but it would probably seemed stupid to Darwin and Antaa. He wasn’t sure if Elsa was keen on him disclosing the information, but both Antaa and Darwin deserved to know. ”She left to go find her past family, and by default I promised I’d be by her. I think she was hoping they would need her- she has an odd want to be needed. However, in the process she only found them thriving, and trying to make amends with them was unnecessary. She’s lost herself, and I think she’s trying to find her foothold in society again.” Edgar shrugged. It was boring, probably more of an invasive analysis of Elsa’s personality, but everything he said was true. They were both lost amidst this life. Without the children, and the position as queen, no one needed her, and she was going crazy alone. ”I won’t let her go again, I missed you very much Antaa.” He admitted again, this time more sheepishly and embarrassed. He turned his head away for a moment to try and hide his emotions, but failed miserably, instead he offered her a beaky grin and hoped she wouldn’t think him an incredibly creepy bird.

The reunion was joined shortly by a vaguely familiar figure. Neither Elsa nor Edgar recognized her, but if she was out an about this far in the herd land she must be someone of importance. Hopefully this girl wasn’t the type to demand respect of a title- because Elsa had no fucking clue what she did her. Edgar was more worried about the weird thing sitting on said girls back. He moved instinctively closer to Antaa, in case something went south. He was oddly protective over her. Elsa on the other hand, simply glanced in Darwin’s direction in confusion. Did he know her? Chances were he didn’t, but still maybe he’d save her from embarrassment. ”He’s a friend of mine.” She said abruptly, and somehow saying friend felt wrong. She cringed inwardly. ”He’s come from the Hidden Falls, he’s staying here with us now.” Elsa said it with a knowing tone of ’don’t fuck with me right now’. Maybe she just pissed off the wrong girl, but Elsa didn’t care. Darwin was staying. ”I’m Elsa-“ ‘The Icebound’ she almost added, out of habit. Now, it seemed inappropriate. She was hardly worthy of such a title anymore. She was not the Icebound, she was simply Elsa, the quiet and unreliable herd warrior. ”And that’s Edgar.” She said, nodding towards the arctic bird. She motioned to Darwin next, hoping he would take over the conversation.
the icebound
kaneryuu!

@Darwin
@Roskuld
It wasn't supposed to be this long I swear. >.>

As Elsa stepped back away from him, his wings lowered and began to replace themselves across his back as a swell of different emotions conveyed over her face. He passed a soft sigh in between the space where they had just embraced while offering her a small solemn shrug. Darwin didn’t really know what had all happened, but he did know that things weren’t right in Helovia. And that was enough to be rather frightening, especially with the amount of children he’d seen around as of late. “You have no idea how much it means to me that you say that.” And even though Elsa continued on, those words stuck particularly strong with the man. Nobody had said that to him as a colt, nobody had offered to be there for him when he needed it most. And when Elsa said it meant a lot to her, well, it meant a lot to him too that he could mean so much to someone.

Antaa had begun to listen to the tale Edgar relayed, offering little nods and chirps of acknowledgement while he spoke. These were a few things she’d need to relay to Darwin when they got another chance alone. The last thing she needed was Elsa finding out what exactly happened – and how she was through it all. Then, Edgar began to grow embarrassed? She couldn’t quite tell, but the bird had begun to act sheepish and turned away from her. She extended a fiery wing toward him and a small chirp of encouragement. “It’s okay Edgar! I think things will be easier for all of us now that we can be together.” She admitted with a bright grin across her bronzy beak. Then, she leaned in to him with bright yellow eyes and the same smile. “And I missed you too. Very, very, very much!” She returned, smugly situating herself back.

Though nothing seemed to last long in this land as another joined the group. She was a strange thing, with a sense of power around here that Darwin couldn’t quite place. Antaa meanwhile glanced to Edgar before chirping and spreading her wings to fly up to a tree branch – hoping the thing on the woman’s back wouldn’t come up there and get them. Darwin, however, offered her a kind, warm smile. Elsa began to speak, explaining why he was there and who she was, then left room for him to introduce himself as well. He cleared his throat briefly and dipped his head in hello to Roskuld before speaking. “I’m Darwin. Elsa is correct – I’ve come from the Falls. I was a warrior there and I hope to continue pursuing that career path here if you have the room.” He offered, not in a way that suggested they needed them, but more in a way of hoping they did. He didn’t want to have to continue wandering around for god knows how long.

"Talk."

to live in a house
with no home.
image credits

@Roskuld :D <3

Cheek wasn’t really in the mood to actively fuck with anyone at the moment, but it didn’t stop him from giving his cheekiest, evil grin at the way the chickens chickened the fuck out at him, like he wasn’t too lazy to actually do a thing. T’ha, get wrecked, he said vaguely, shifting slightly on my back so that one paw would dangle from the side of my wither.

I wasn’t really there, y’know? At least, at first. It was duty and routine and I went through the motions--but my heart wasn’t really in it. Chico could tell it was still stuck gnawing on that thing that hurt no matter how much I tried to gum it down. Cheek was proud of me anyway, even though I was still brooding on shit I had no control over; I was moving, at least. I was doing things instead of running away from it. I was here, even if I wasn’t.

But then, suddenly, I was.

He’s come from the Hidden Falls, he’s staying here with us now.

My head snapped back even as my gaze shifted directly to her, my brows raising high and my eyes blinking rapidly, as though I were genuinely shocked. Oh. Oh, I said, responding--not just to her words, but to the tone that said Fuck with me if you wanna. And there was a small overwhelming part of me that wanted to, just to see. To really figure out who this Elsa was, so that she can tell me all of a sudden who shit’s gonna go around here. And maybe she did know what’s up and had a wisdom that I lacked--whatever, right, I’d roll over, except where she been, though? Yeah, I was gonna remember Elsa for a minute (even if I never had before).

I could’ve argued; I could’ve bristled at the challenge. And maybe before, when I was young and stupid and full of piping-hot piss, I would’ve let that shit start. But the petty idea of denying this guy (a friend so dear to her she ain’t even introduce, I notice) out of spite to her wasn’t even considered in my head. He confirmed that ye, he’d come from the Falls, and it would be disgraceful to turn away a guy from no fault of his own after he just lost a home from no fault of his own in the first place.

Besides, he was a warrior. “Oh bitchin’, we got hella room for you man, don’t you worry ‘bout that,” I said excitedly, giving him a once-over with my gaze. Short, but eh. So was I. And there was evidence of his claim with being a fighter anyway, so I wasn’t complaining. “You’ll be reporting to me then. Name’s Ros, the General here.” Ugh I hated saying that outloud. It felt pretentious of me to throw that rank around like that--but I had to let him know somehow, didn’t I? I turned to lead them both back into the herdland. “Take some time to rest up and get oriented with this place, then come find me and I’ll put you to work. We’re spread thin right now so there’ll be plenty for you.” Not to mention the looming threat of Kaos and whatever the hell he had planned.

"In ornare vitae leo eu volutpat."
" I like it when you call me Big Poppa."
Chico
and Roskuld
image credits

@Elsa

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Mbwene stood in the misted shadows, bright eyes staring. A frown creased her brown and her wrinkled lips were pressed together. But not in anger. Nor disapproval. But in sadness. Melancholic blues watched the loving, sweet, tender moments between Edgar and another zephyr… Edgar had been her friend once. He had known her as a small, newly hatched calf—when all the world was her bonded’s anger and darkness. Edgar had been there for her (just as Elsa had been there for Tembovu); a friend. A calm rock in the sea of chaos that had been the matriarch’s introduction to bonded life.

But now, that was no longer.

Even Chico’s presence, his wounds, could not distract the matriarch’s gaze. Though her blue eyes did wander toward him a few times—perhaps for solace. Or reassurance that time moves on. Or to ensure that he didn’t indulge in those same, loving, affectionate moments that Edgar and his newfound zephyr partner were sharing.

Regardless, it was this silent, continuous despairing pain that drew the Elephant King to the borders. Because, no matter how many times he asked or prodded through their bond, he got nothing but silence from Mbwene. Silence and sorrow—and an occasional spike of anger at him.

So, with raised brows, he slowly (apprehensively) broached the mist that shrouded the Edge’s gate. Black-rimmed ears remained perked, listening through the thick mist, “He’s a friend of mine.” A hesitant pause, laden with meaning, before a challenging, “He’s come from the Hidden Falls, he’s staying here with us now.” That was assuredly Elsa, followed by another, male voice, “I’m Darwin…” and then Ros’s distinctive, “Oh bitchin’, we got hella room…”

And the King was surprised (though part of him wasn’t) at the wealth of emotion that expanded in his chest. He had no right to jealousy, not after all that he had put Elsa through. But he was a man, and there was some part of him that inherently disliked Darwin—perhaps because he wanted the the Icebound’s happiness, and knew nothing of this unknown stallion. And, of course, shame came quick on this emotion’s heels—and all was blanketed by guilt.

A low sigh pushed out of his nostrils, knowing that he could not stay hidden forever. He was far to large and the mists far to ephemeral (perhaps he had already been seen). So, with slow steps and eyes probing Elsa’s, he stepped forward.

His head dipped in greeting to each in turn, eyes leaving the Icebound long enough to look at Ros (—heavy gaze trying to explain things that needed so many words, and yet none at all—) and then to study the newcomer. “Hello Darwin, I am Tembovu, King of the Edge. You are welcome in the Edge. Roskuld,” his horn motioned towards the Sparklight, “is a tough, but fair, General. You’ll find she’ll hone your skills better than most, if you put out the effort. “

A long pause, and then (finally), “Hello, Elsa.” The low rumble was quiet. He knew he shouldn’t have come—if only Mbwene had answered his questions—

A sharp stab of grim retribution came through their bond. If she was forced to see Edgar with Antaa, then he would see Elsa with Darwin.
the Elephant King

@Elsa @Darwin @Roskuld

EDITED to add tags. Sorry I fergot'em before

Please tag Tembovu.

Okay so newsflash, this was apparently the new general. Elsa gave her a side eye, examining her superior with new scrutiny.  With the language- crude as it was- Elsa was pretty sure of herself that Ros could hold her own. Granted, that would be proven later in life, and maybe not exactly right at this moment. Even more surprising though was that Darwin was interested in the warrior life, ears perked she tilted her head, impressed and confused at the same time. Darwin seemed to nice and caring, but maybe, just maybe, a selfish part within her thought that he was only that nice to her.

Edgar, picking up on the embarrassment and infatuation brewing within Elsa gave her a loud caw to snap her attention back to the present. He himself, after making his bonded jump back into reality, turn toward Antaa. He was pleased that Antaa agreed with staying together- in fact, so long as she never asked him to leave, maybe he could even manage a midnight snuggle fest. Just the thought of the two of them getting some alone time and cuddling made even Edgar feel all mushy and gooey inside.

But good things do not last, and in time, that brief moment of reprise was shattered as the Elephant King decided to make his appearance. A strong anger welled within Elsa, one ready to burst forth if it not for Edgar who once again indignantly squawked to turn her attention away. Maybe in spite, but also an undertone of fear, Elsa moved back towards Darwin- both protectively and in fear. He was no longer a sane, level headed king to her. Instead, he was one driven by emotion and lust, two things which would slowly kill him if he wasn’t careful. He introduced himself, and addressed everyone- except her of course. She eventually gleaned a mere hello from him, but even then Elsa took offense he was barely meeting the standards of civility. ”King.” She gave him a brief nod, before looking brightly back toward Darwin. ”Looks like you’re stuck with me.” She offered a wink, before nudging his shoulder playfully.

Edgar was in his own odd world. Part of him was drawn toward Mwbene, he wanted to talk to her, but he knew that probably wasn’t a good idea. Instead, he offered her a calm, beaky grin and he settled next to Antaa. Part of him wondered what it would’ve been like if things hadn’t gone south. He believed they could be the greatest of friends, but it was difficult to let a relationship like that flourish when he was so deeply attached to Elsa’s disdain for the pair.

Oh how curious this situation was. A new love, a past heartbreak, a new general- what the hell was going on with her relations lately. Looking towards Darwin her racing thoughts settled. So long as he continued on the path he was on, he would be Elsa’s rock, regardless of if he knew it or not.

the icebound
kaneryuu!

@Darwin

Darwin was thankful that nothing came from Elsa’s words, that the tone didn’t provoke the person that stood before them. He was simply content to stand with his ears fixated on the woman before him after he announced his name and what he was here for, silently praying they had the room. Then, thankfully, the woman obliged, though using a type of slang he’d never heard before. He offered her a soft smile from his bearded maw and a quiet chuckle. “I’d be glad to join.” He added in quietly before Ros continued, telling them her name and her status. He nodded, eager for the information of who he would be working with mostly. “Thank you, I’ll be sure to seek you out.

But then, not all things seemed to go back to normal. Instead, tension breathed in the air – perhaps from Elsa, or Antaa with Edgar’s reaction. River stone eyes danced to the tree line where a rather giant beast appeared. And he was directly speaking to him. His eyes remained wide, but in a way that suggested he probably needed to pay better attention to his surroundings. “Thank you, King.” He returned a bright smile to the King, eyes glancing toward Elsa for her reaction until Tembovu’s voice reached out to her, quiet, rumbled, but he wasn’t there to linger on it long before Elsa gave him a quick nod and turned her attention back to Darwin. She nudged his shoulder playfully and even winked, and Darwin felt the confusion settling in his chest. This wasn’t professional, this was… different?

He offered Elsa a bright smile and a small rumbled chuckle. “Guess there was nothing to worry about, then?” He half joked, though the confusion stirred in his stomach uncomfortably. And with that feeling, he found himself shifting slightly closer to the Icebound.

Antaa in the meantime allowed Edgar his chances to distract Elsa, though it worried her. It passed through the bond, undoubtedly adding to the awkward sensation in her bondeds’ stomach. Her attention was glued to Edgar as he glanced toward Mbwene and settled beside herself. Antaa’s gaze drifted toward the Elephant, offering a chirp of hello and a small wave of her fiery wing before her amber gaze lingered on Edgar with a smile, full of excitement and curiosities of this new chapter in their lives.

"Talk."

to live in a house
with no home.
image credits

@Roskuld <3

I didn’t know what the fuck was happening.

There was a tension in the air and I missed it, having it fly right over my head in helpless oblivion. Except I did sense it, but it meant nothing to me, cuz I didn’t know where it was coming from. It was weird to have Tembo come up like this; he was so huge and his presence so dominating, it was shocking that the atmosphere was chilled instead of being the pulse of heat and energy that accompanied him. It was weird enough that it distracted me from that side-eye this bitch Elsa was giving me (I was gonna remember later and oh shit I had words for her).

Chico was quicker to the punch than I was--or maybe he just didn’t give a shit about the surrounding tension, instead focusing on the way his ‘Bwenny girl was not happy, clearly wrong-footed and upset about something. And he didn’t care why, it didn’t matter to him; he leapt off my back with a surprising dexterity for someone who was milking his injuries, zpsnk!ing into  a fluffly black-and-white creature and rushing to his ‘Bwenny as fast as his stubby legs to could him. His eyes, usually so warm and cheerful, were glistening with concern. What up, boo? He asked, and even though I was the one who heard it, it oozed from all corners of his body, all creases of his joints.

Tembo praised me for being a fair General, which brought blood to my eartips in a gooey embarrassment that was quickly gelled over by the look he was giving me--a look that was saying shit but it was shit I didn’t understand. “Uh…” I stammered, wrongfooted again; Elsa and Darwin were cuddling and Chico was agitated cuz Mbwene was upset cuz some chickens were doing chicken things and Tembo was watching it all with this strained look in his eye and I just--

--I didn’t know what to do about it, jeez, I just wanted to go back into the herdland, man.

I turned for the gate, arching my path for Tembovu’s side, nudging him slightly with the point of my shoulder while I glanced up at him with a cocked brow. You comin’? I dunno--anything to move him out of this frozen spot.

"In ornare vitae leo eu volutpat."
" I like it when you call me Big Poppa."
Chico
and Roskuld
image credits

@Elsa

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Even a blind man would not miss the sudden, overt, camaraderie Elsa shared with Darwin—especially in contrast to the brevity given towards himself. A soft sigh pushed out of the King’s nostrils—and he would have found the nonplussed expression on Darwin’s face amusing if not for the heavy weight in his chest. Though he did find the pale pegasus man’s relaxed demeanor and grins adequate (truth be told, he would have been drawn to befriend the man, if not for the current circumstance).

Mbwene, meanwhile, found her solace in the suddenly-by-her-side Chico. Only when his fluffy, black-and-white fur was immediately in front of her did her unhappy blue eyes leave Edgar and his fawning new zephyr friend. Her long trunk wrapped first around Chico’s foreleg, gaze going from miserable to appreciative as she aimlessly stroked her rougarou’s soft coat. Though she offered no answer to his questioning gaze—there was too much to say and no words to say it in (much like the position her bonded found himself in).

A strained silence followed Ros’s quiet stammer—until it was broken by the Sparklight turning back towards the gate. And Tembovu had never been more grateful for the slight nudge of a shoulder, his own massive one leaning briefly into Ros’s warmth—dark navy meeting expectant, cocked brown. In that moment, Roskuld was a relief; an unknowing, easy island of reprieve amid the tension.

And then, with a cordial dip of his head to both the Icebound and Darwin, he fell in step alongside the Sparklight back into the Edge.
the Elephant King

@Elsa @Darwin @Roskuld

Please tag Tembovu.