the Rift

[PRIVATE] More in common than you know.

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
I'll carry you on my shoulders, never set you down.
Ferry you through the coldness, never let you down.

Never before had she seen the Halcyon Flats, it was a nice change from The World's Edge. She had needed a break from the mists, cliffs and curious glances of those who couldn't quite figure her out. This need for an escape had lead her here and she was glad for it. She was not like others, her reactions strange and her words stranger still. They did not like the feel of her strange glassy stare, nor did they appreciate the sometime chilly feeling of her presence. The warmer more comforting touch of the other Moon Doctors, Apothecaries and Nurses was preferred over her own. Of course none of this truly offered the pale dove, it was difficult to upset her after all. Not because she was level-minded, nor because she carried a 'I don't care what others think' attitude. It was mostly because she didn't truly have it within herself to be offered or upset. It was both a blessing and a curse, often she wondered if one day the dam would open and emotions would pour out. Mostly she was curious to see if she'd eventually be completely accepted by all, regardless of her differences.

Pale blue eyes studied the overcast skies, it had been raining on and off all night. The ground, trees, rocks and herself were soaked from the down pour. Now it was passing between grey skies and gentle, short light showers. While the clouds were reasonably thick with...fluffiness, there was still a chance it may burn off later. The weather had caused what she assumed was normally thin waters to widen, while the coastal stands gave way to the waters. Waters rippled as raindrops hit the surface, though they were few and far between. The grey and white sky was reflected in the waters, as was her pale pearly form. Here the sky became one with the ground and it was only her reflection that broke the illusion and neither grass, trees or any other shrubbery grew here. Yet the rainy skies also played a hand in shattering the illusion, something she was grateful for. She'd wanted to visit a plain land of Helovia, one of little magic to cloud your eyes.

Coming to a halt before the rippling waters she studied her reflection. She resembled only her mother in truth, little of her father was represented through her build. Only her height and slightly studier build hinted at her Nightshade lineage. Turning away she continued to wonder through the waters, wondering if her father would ever return.

@Rikyn
I suck at starting threads, I'm sorry. ;-;

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

The myriad ripple of the world stretches endlessly onward, the nearer aurora kissed inch deep water fading into the rich, steel blue of the sky above the further out it reaches, my dark body purposely placed beneath the path of a cloud. Travelling not far behind me, my cerndyr, highly displeased with open area I have decided to venture into, is equally displeased with my continued, poor mood, though not enough so to be numbed to the ethereal prettiness of the world around us.

It is like a dream land, a place where the borders of everything fade into blurred endlessness, and though I’d previously avoided the place, disliking the headache inducing, easy to become lost in expanse of shallow sea water, I now find the edgeless void soothing somehow.

My pace is morose, slow and without purpose, though the soft silt below would be good to test my endurance against, the pull of the loose earth difficult to overcome, especially at high speeds. Even at a walk, I feel the steady downward drag of the sand trying to keep my hooves from rising, my muscles burning ever so slightly from my long term walk across its expanse.

With a glance to the distant horizon, I spy a small, ivory figure of a unicorn, which is familiar to me, but only just so. Staring at her, drawn to a sudden stop by the nagging in my head that I know her from somewhere, I stand with the sun to my back, and her pale perfection is illuminated, like a moon, or a star, in the midst of the blue gray waters. She stares at her hooves, perhaps at something in the sand, or nothing at all, or, perhaps still, visions, as I’ve heard some to do at this peculiar, shallow sea.

"Raeru?" I ask when I approach her, after remembering it, delving far back into my childhood to find her. She was even smaller then, and silent, a pretty snowflake that had stood at the edge of the gathered foals, seemingly exempt from the rest, though she was certainly a part, but is otherwise far more beautiful as grown woman than she had been as a dainty child. I wonder if she is still as lonesome as that girl I remember, in which case she would probably be the loneliest person I knew, aside from myself, and Erebos. No matter who she is now, I’m glad for the distraction, as is my companion, who follows along after me, somewhat wary of the strange mare, and thusly keeping his distance, but otherwise eying her curiously.

"Er, I’m Rikyn," I tell her, because she probably doesn’t remember who I am, considering I only know who she is because I was raised by my mother, who had rather inventive (and painful) ways of ensuring her princely son knew the names of her patrons, even if they gave no shits about one another, "you probably don’t remember me. We grew up together in the Basin."

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
I'll carry you on my shoulders, never set you down.
Ferry you through the coldness, never let you down.

The sound of hoofs falling among the sands caused her ears to perk up, although she only heard him when he was relatively close to her person. She turns at the sound of his approach, her glassy glaze roaming over his form. He is taller than her, thicker as well. A well built stallion, meant to endure the cold - more than herself. Was he from The Basin? Ráeru thought it was a fairly large possibility. Even with her parents being based in The Basin she was better suited to the temperatures of The Edge. Although she missed The Basin, the snowfalls, the hot springs and the family that had been hers who lived there for such a short time. Yet her family now lived in The Edge so that was where she belonged. Or for the immediate future at least. Her eyes looked over the boy's strange markings, the way the gold glinted in the dim light. She'd never seen markings quite like the ones that decorated his body, they were curious and quite unique. Something about them was familiar? Or at least they were linked to a memory, yet it was not one she could quite bring forward. It lingered just out of reach in the back of her mind, frustrating and teasing. Blinking her eyes moved towards the cerndyr that travels not too far behind him, she'd seen a creature similar to this one in The Edge. Assuming that the cerndyr was his companion she returned her gaze to the stallion. He was looking at her so intently that she far far more comfortable in silence rather than greeting him or urging him closer to her.

She blinked, taken aback that he had known her name. How he can know her name? Uncomfortable her gaze again darted between the stallion and his companion. Again she tried to pull up the memory concerning him forward but she could not place it. All she remembered was the gold, something about it clueing her in that this stag was somehow apart of her past. It was this feeling of a possible connection that stopped her from turning and walking away. In truth anyone with a connection to her past intrigued her as it had been such a difficult time and her memories remained dark, blurry and unknown. Someone had said it was a defence mechanism, her minds way of protecting her mind and body from reliving the murder of her mother. No matter why her mind had blocked out the past, it was now only frustrating. "Yes?" Ráeru's response was soft and her tone spoke clearly of her confusion as to how he had known her name. In fact it had come out sounding as a question, 'do we know each other?' It would be awful if they'd had an offical introduction in The Basin and she'd forgotten him. Even worse if they'd been encouraged to befriend each other which had resulted in a small friendship between the two. Because now she could not remember him, had no idea what their history was.

Rikyn. As he told her his name she frowned, not even a name had brought forth any of her memories. Ráeru cast an eye over him again but nothing felt overly familiar. She'd not had someone who held her hand and introduced her to all in The Basin, in fact (aside from Hotaru's occasional influence) she'd made her own way through the snowy lands of her childhood. "The memories from my time in The Basin are foggy." She explained in a hope that he would not take it as a personal insult that she had little to no recollection of him. She managed a half hearted smile, somewhat apologetic for her lack of knowing. "It's been sometime since I visited, mayhap if I did they would return to me." It had been difficult for her to gain the courage in order to return to the snowy home of her past. She wasn't sure what she would find lurking within the depths of the frozen land. What had been left behind, frozen for all of time beneath the ice? Clearing her throat she nodded to the stag "it's nice to meet you again." She laughed before looking nodding towards his companion, "what is his name?" She knew most where proud of their companions and were often dying to speak of them and share the stories of how they bonded. When they did it generally meant she had to talk less and would be allowed to settle into a far more comfortable silence.

@Rikyn

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Her stare is haunting, like the sound of wind arcing over the peaks, and wending through the ice rifts, or the very shade of the ethereal blue ice, itself. Cold, is a good word for it, or distant, the sort of gaze that one gives someone they care nothing for. I guess that’s fine. We didn’t know each other that well, really, and I’ve become rather used to my solitude. Even if she chases me back out into this rippling expanse of reflected heaven, I will be okay, though I’d much rather remain here, with her, and away from the dark thoughts, coiling like shadow serpents inside me.

The chilliness of the girl’s gaze is at least explained when she at last says more than a single syllable. Why she doesn’t remember well isn’t, but when I think about her parents, I do remember something about her mother having died, rather violently. Though it only highlighted my mother’s odd choices in what to keep from me and what not, I had not been told much more than that the Doctor’s wife had died, and that I should be kind to him and young Ráeru, if I saw them. I hadn’t seen her though, not since that meeting with Zikar Sin, and the bones, which wasn’t really her fault. I’d left Helovia, after all.

"It, ah, well, it looks the same, anyway," I remark, about the land from which we both come; aside from the decaying sentinels, though, the mountains hadn’t changed, in a physical sense. The lake still never froze, the mirror was still cryptic, and the Springs were still far too occupied during the frost for my liking. However, the people in it certainly had changed, and I’m not sure how helpful a place filled with strangers would be to her. I myself had found it moderately disconcerting, and into the wilds I had fled.

"It’s good to meet you too," I smile, incapable of the chuckle that would normally have been roused by her jest, liking that she seems much less off putting than she had at first; either it’s the fact that she’s talking, rather than staring, or maybe its that I have gained some skill in garnering the approval of others, rather than rousing immediate anger, "he is called Duir. We have travelled together for nearly a year now."

Unfortunately for Ráeru, I’m not much of a talker, either. Unless asked, I don’t tell people about how I got my companion; I only brought up his age because the matter has been at mind as of late, probably because he keeps reminding me. I guess he thinks I should get him something?

Ha!

"Where are you living now, if not the Basin?" I ask next, deciding that it’s my turn for a question, and all, and wondering if maybe she’s out here wandering around, too. She certainly seems like she’d be less hostile company, if not just flat better, than Mordecai had been…

[ OOC: EVIL TAG DIDN'T TAG ME but the threadlog came to the rescue ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Raeru

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).