I am King
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja the FrostHeart
ice cold man watches earth die, eternal winter takes its reign

He felt calmer now - clearer, as if someone had blown the fog out of his mind. It still lingered here in his home though, thick upon the floor like a carpet. Water droplets clung to his legs as he waded through the familiar substance, and on such a night as this, his entire being seemed to shimmer with an ethereal quality. The ice crystals upon his horn glittered in the cold light of his beloved moon, and so did his wet legs, each droplet catching the light and refracting it. Pale white the wraith-like King glided through his thirsty forest, listening to their pleas, their whispers of pain and need. He was powerless, though, incapable of healing his own land, and these dark thoughts hung heavy on his mind. The land was drying up, consumed by fire, and all of it because of a rampaging God.

There was nothing that Mauja alone could do about it, but something had to be done. Could any mortal fight a God? Or would they need to strengthen the worship for the Earth and Moon in order to leash the rogue Sun? These were answers the King did not possess, and it frustrated him. The Moon had come to him once, here at the very Edge of things, but that had been before the fall of the Throat, before the madness her brother spread across their lands. Why could she not come again, and tell him what was needed? Mauja gave a harsh laugh, alone in the dark forest, and shook his crowned head. The laziness of mortals, always expecting someone to serve them solutions on a silver platter! He had a notion they'd have to fight long and hard to wrestle their lands and lives from the Sun's greedy hooves, and with little guidance but the dark passion in their hearts.

With his horn pointing at the starstrewn sky he lifted his head, proud; he would wear the moon upon his horn and in his heart, and surely it'd work out, somehow. He didn't like not being in control of things, but it was hard to control Gods. Perhaps this was one of the times that there was no grand master plan to create, no scheme that could make sense of things - perhaps this was one of the few times when even Mauja would admit that following your heart and just doing what feels right is the best thing. Perhaps. He wasn't entirely sure yet, but the world was no longer blurry and diffuse. It was cool and clear like crystal, and Mauja knew that what he thought was truth; this battle would be long and bloody, and it would be so very painful. He had never been ravaged by fire, but could not imagine that it was pleasant (otherwise, Helovians would bathe in the Heart, no?). Pain was the thing they had to endure in order to overcome.

It wasn't the most hopeful of prospects, but reality was seldom easy and simple.

( open for anyone! ^^ )
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
The blue-black hide of the shadow-mare was rarely exposed to raw sunlight, and tonight was not an exception. She watched her roan babe cavort through the dark forest, mist clinging to the child's spindly legs as they flailed in the semblance of an unsteady gallop.

Admittedly, the Edge was not the best place to raise young and she was no broodmare, but Psyche was quite fond of her get, even as she crashed through the forest like one haunted by ghosts. The mare turned from her daughter, deciding to pick her way through the forest, trusting the little filly to follow. She had not seen the FrostHeart since the birth of their child, and if he was in this forest, his hide should be painfully obvious in the darkness, but the clots of mist did strange things to vision, she knew.

Almost invisible, the mare continued on through the darkness, snorting occasionally to rid her nostrils of the troublesome mist. Its pale glow did no good to creatures robed in midnight, but Psyche could do precious little to ward it off, so she dealt with it, huffing it from her lungs as often as she could.

Red-tipped ears perked as they heard the tenure of a familiar laugh, so she increased her speed to an energetic trot, long full tail held proudly behind her. Orange eyes searched through the swirling clouds and soon found the desired object: the broad muscular haunch of a tall appaloosa, cloaked with a pelt speckled with black stars. "Mauja." She heard herself murmur softly, a smile rimming her lips coyly.

As she approached him, mist clung to her slender limbs, the weight and stress of pregnancy all but gone from her lean, toned body. A dark muzzle was thrust into his flank by way of greeting, enjoying his smell of moonlight and ice and how cool this being of snow was. But something ailed him, the dark mare could see plainly, and her shadowy form moved forward, pressing against his white one; their colors married by way of contrast. She paused by his shoulder, though he towered over her relatively diminutive form. "What troubles you?" Her voice rang out softly, like nighttime shade. She wondered if the heat from her body would melt him.

[excuse this horrible post xD I'm rusty with her]

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

I have been here far longer than any of these newcomers. These trees whispered to me lovingly, but now they begged. They cried with thirst, desperate as their leaves crumbled and died away. Carefully, I picked my cloven hooves through grass too dry to survive my weight, and my heart broke at the destruction around me. Though I had chosen to be reclusive from this new world order, I could not stand idly by and watch as my land turned to ash and dust.

The Goddess of the Moon has been unusually silent as of late, and I did not know why Helovia was burning. As I walked forward, I recognized the white king who had ascended after a period of silence. The Silence, with all dead save for myself and a few others, was both healing and lonely. With the advent of the new ones, I found myself relieved and upset. No one could understand this land, this world, the gods.

With a soft sigh, I gently rested my cheek against an ancient oak, whispering to him in the language that sang on the wind. Another, a dark one approached the white King, and I hummed thoughtfully before approaching. Even among unicorns, I knew that I was unique, blessed by the God of the Moon. My silver body was lightly dappled, but my eyes were violet, just like the Lady Luna. I swung my long, leonine tail around my fetlocks and tossed my long, curled forelock from my horn.

"The God of the Sun must be angry..." I hummed, approaching the two with a very distant look. I knew that I had often been called strange. "Where are all of the children? You newcomers have been here long enough to bear children..." I asked, eager to impart the lore of this land upon them all.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja the FrostHeart
ice cold man watches earth die, eternal winter takes its reign

Tall, proud and burdened, the King stood alone. His laugh echoed off into silence, mirrored by the Moon - only the trees whispered their anguished pleas as a stray bank of fog brushed past his body, curling around his features before continuing towards its doom the Edge. It was further out, not within his field of vision from here, but he knew it like he knew his own body. How many times hadn't he toed the precipice despite the heavy fog? It was a calming and focusing activity, despite the dangers involved - or maybe, because of them? Just as the FrostHeart thought that maybe it was the right thing to do even tonight, scent and sound of something pleasant was brought to him. His 'brows rose in surprise. Psyche had been quite busy with their child the past time, and the Plague had been standing still. It soured his mood only somewhat, but Psyche... While she didn't have the mind-boggling effect of Lotus, he was rarely opposed to seeing her.

"Mauja."

He turned his pale head around, a wry grin plastered on his muzzle. "Why hello there Sir," he greeted her playfully, noting that she was somewhat alone. He guessed the foggy disturbance some twenty or thirty yards behind her was their daughter. She'd catch up soon enough. Have I been neglecting them, or have they been neglecting me? He thrust the worry aside and backed a single step to reach her, neck arching as he bumped his muzzle against hers. She'd been around him long enough to read his body, despite the few clues he gave, but Mauja laughing in the dead of night without company usually indicated that not everything was as it should... And the question came. Mauja gave her nape a playful nip and opened his jaws to respond when he became aware of Hellena. She was.. ancient? He wasn't quite sure what she was, but she was old, and she was strange - she was like a unicorn from a legend, and not one that walked the earth today. She was worthy of his respect, for she wasn't someone he had chosen, per se. She'd just been included in the bargain of the Edge.

He'd run across her enough times to not be put off by her absentminded look and soft, thoughtful speech, as if she wasn't quite aware of the fact that she was talking. Mauja didn't let it fool him, though - he was of the opinion that her mind was keen as a blade beneath all the fog. Sometimes he wondered if she was even quite real, or if she walked between two separate worlds, pacing along the border and not belonging in either world. Thinking about it made him slightly uncomfortable though, so instead he just dipped his head in her direction. "What she said," he told Psyche, not taking his curious eyes off the old Seer. "The Sun troubles me." And then he craned his head to see if their child had yet caught up with them. If she was displeased with the lack of foals, well, Mauja at least had been at it. Ulrik was married to his machines, Lotus wasn't really that much into stallions (yet?), and d'Artagnan... He wasn't sure any sane mare would give up her body in the presence of the Doctor.

"There is a child," he said after a moment, looking back at Hellena. "Somewhere in this fog she hides, she plays, will you find her?"

It was a gentle invitation, but he wondered what she'd make of it.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here