the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: Funny meeting you here...

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia stood, her golden eyes searching through the trees flickered with sunlight. It was the waiting that made her the most uneasy. The uncertainty of it all, not knowing who it was who she was supposed to meet. What would they be like? Would she know them? Would they say, but you hate everyone. What are you doing here? Then she'd only have until the crackle of the whip to explain.

Isopia swallowed hard.

Being sociable wasn't quite as easy as she thought..

On her back, Hubris patted her wither reassuringly. >>Not so bad<< He sang into her mind, playing with the red fold of her cape. His dexterous claws plucked away a few errant strings, before he smoothed the cloth back down, allowing it to trail elegantly down her shoulder. Isopia did nothing but stand there uneasily. Her magic trailed up her legs, rooting her (literally) into the ground. Moss and grasses trailed up her impossibly long limbs, stopping just short of her belly.

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

@Erthe REMEMBER, SHORT CHAN. DON'T BE CRAY

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

Already Erthë was beginning to wonder what ever she had been thinking when she signed up for this.  It was not the sort of thing she usually did, and for once the novelty of the situation did not raise her spirits. On the contrary; as she looked around to find the matching tag that would reveal who her partner for the first round might be, her stomach crawled unpleasantly; the glowing butterflies that winged their way around the Grove as nothing to the riot that went on inside.

Most were older than her. Some looked to be the age of her own parents, if not more so, and there was an astonishing number of familiar faces among the pairings. It made her feel out of place, wishing that her coat were less pale, less visible - she wanted to crawl under a rock and not come out until this whole thing was over.

When she finally found the person she had been looking for, that feeling only intensified.

"Oh!" she mumbled nervously as she stopped before Isopia, "You're... here. Too. Hi!"

Gods this was awkward. Should she be glad that it was someone she knew, or mortified because she suddenly found herself on a date with a half-god, herd mate and almost sort of maybe friend?

At least there was no need for introductions.

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Isopia   I THINK this is short. Is it? Gods, I dunno how to do this either xD

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

This was ... decidedly not who she had been expecting.

Isopia had just taken her name tag and walked off, not bothering to see who she was paired up. At the time she thought it didn't matter; this was all just a step twoards social normality, but now she wished she could go back and scan that list ... it wouldn't have changed anything, but at least she would have known. At least she would have been prepared.

"Homosexuality is quite normal in the wider animal kingdom." The demi-goddess blurted out, awkwardly and unhelpfully. She didn't feel uncomfortable about the girl-on-girl pairing, but perhaps Erthe might? Especially if it was a facet of herself she was trying to hide. On her back, Hubris cackled laughter. Isopia was terrible at this.

"Sorry. Hi Erthe. I've ... never done anything like this before." She concluded, swallowing hard. "What are we supposed to do?"

Perhaps it was better that she was paired with Erthe. At least they could skip over the formalities and whatnot ... but, what did that leave?

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

@Erthe

Chan
E r t h ë

That was the first thing that came to mind for Isopia? Good gods, it made her own stuttering seem even more unintelligent, not to mention... more appropriate. Feeling her cheeks burn with the implication that they were... that they might... Damn, even finishing the thought was embarrassing. It was safe to say that Erthë had never given her own sexual identity much thought, because to be perfectly frank she had barely begun to take interest in romance beyond the puppy love, holding hands and giving flowers stage yet.

There had been one instant, in the past, where... But it was long ago, and she'd more or less forgotten about it. Right now she had to decide if - and in that case what - she should respond to the tall mare's blurted statement.

Luckily Isopia went on, seemingly as awkward in this situation as Erthë felt, and she skirted off with an indistinct murmur, relieved to instead deal with the part of the conversation she actually could answer.

"Eh, yeah, me neither... But I think we are supposed to... talk, mostly. Get to know each other, that sort of thing. Unless you'd rather do something else?"  

She would be happy with anything, as long as it got them away from this awkward standing and staring part. Maybe grab a bite to eat... though she wasn't sure if she would actually be able to eat anything in this situation.

@Isopia

Unless you'd rather do something else?

Isopia felt her limbs seemingly go numb, as if filled with ice water. Something else? Did that mean...? Isopia supposed that it did. They were meant to be on a date of sorts, weren't they? And if Erthe wasn't up for talking, surely the something else could only be one thing?

Oh Gods. But then again, Isopia had realized that most of the things she despised or avoided, were normal things that she should be doing. Making friends, having conversations, not being such an anal twat all the time. So if she didn't feel comfortable with what Erthe was suggesting, then surely it was the sort of thing she should do? Given this new leaf she'd turned over?

Hubris fled from her back, unable to contain the amused trills wanted to escape his lips. This was simply too rich to interrupt.

Isopia, who only remembered her past interactions with Volterra because Hubris gave her her memories back, couldn't recall the sensation of physical pleasure, and yet she knew that was a large component of this dating thing. Of intimacy.

And that's what Erthe had meant, right?

"Like...this?" She asked, her academic and lecture-giving tone suddenly gone. As the words left her lips, her maroon and cream coloured wing extended towards Erthe's, meaning to trace the ever-so-slightly blueish tinge of her shoulder.

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

@Erthe I COUDLN'T HELP MYSELF. AHAHAHA.

Chan
E r t h ë

Perhaps she should have known better. After all, the very first real conversation she'd had with this person Erthë had bemoaned how infuriatingly literal she could be, taking every sentence and dissecting it until any trace of underlying meaning had blown up in your face and you were standing there looking like a fool.

Or well. Maybe it wouldn't have helped, because somehow the earth-colored woman was doing the exact opposite this evening and for some reason she chose to hone in on the very last thing Erthë could have meant. At least in her own mind. Because she was decidedly not prepared for this sudden intimacy, and it was made altogether more unexpected by Iso's sudden change in tone.

The touch of the wing was light, barely more than a tickle really but the young girl flinched and leaped back as though she had been slapped. Heat rushed to her cheeks with a dizzying whooshing sound, cheeks blushing so hard that there had to be bruises left the next morning. Mortified, when she finally realized how her careless suggestion must have sounded and feeling quite horrible about her own violent reaction, she heard herself stammering;

"NO n-no no no that was not what I meant! I meant eating food, or walking around, or anything other than... Not that it'd be anything wrong with that, you know, because I don't there's anything wrong with... I'm not saying we should - or that I don't want - but I didn't mean..."

Could horses blush? Well Erthë certainly was, enough that she was sure the whole grove had to see it (luminous, scarlet, a red beacon) and if ever there had been a time to suddenly come into the ability to sink into the ground, this was definitely the time to acquire it.

@Isopia LMAO I wasn't sure you'd catch it but you did and it worked xD

Although Isopia might similarly have leapt back with embarrassment, or tried to indicate that she'd actually been trying to do something else, she merely stood where she was, wing still partially outstretched.

Erthe mumbled a lot of words, and although Hubris' sudden mental hysterics suggested that Isopia had read the situation wrong, she actually didn't understand how she did.

She'd been told she was physically attractive. She was far larger than Erthe was, but she'd just sort of assumed that the typically approved of male-to-female ratio seen in heterosexual pairings, likely applied to homosexual ones as well. In short, she was clearly the boy. She was also ... well, in words that she would never ascribe to herself, someone of importance. A daughter of a God, a former leader. Those things mattered to some, right? She had magic..a dragon...She could be a little difficult to be around sometimes, but surely she wasn't too terrible.

She'd had Volterra after all, hadn't she? And he was as superficial as they come.

"Oh." She said simply, after a moment. Her wing gently retracted back towards her side, and her large honey-coloured eyes watched Erthe curiously for a moment. "I just thought..." Now it was her turn to be tongue-tied, although instead of just spluttering out sounds, she paused for a moment, blinking her great big eyes. "Anyone can walk or eat with anyone else. I thought what made this a date was -" She gestured with her wing, extending it to about half the distance she had before, but making no attempt to try and touch the girl again. Then she shrugged her shoulders and retracted the appendage, waiting for Erthe to correct her.

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

@Erthe lololololololol

Chan
E r t h ë

Still blushing furiously Erthë averted her eyes, feeling that she might not be able to bear looking straight at Isopia without screaming out loud or running away or... anything similarly drastic. Shaking her head, she drew a breath and tried to calm herself down, sensing that the tall mare withdrew her wing again.

"I don't think they meant for us to... you know.. with everyone here. It's a blind date even, not a... pleasure house."  

Why, oh why was it so hard to speak about these things? Where were the words when she needed them, why couldn't she be as calm and composed as Isopia?

"Sorry for.. my reaction" she added, all while she pretended to be very interested by a tuft of flowers that grew just a bit away from her hoof. "I've never... never been close to anyone in that way, so if I overreacted.."

This really was not going well. Did anyone else notice? Were all the other couples having these kind of difficulties? Were there others who had jumped to the same conclusion as they had, and - here her cheeks flared again - had the proposition been accepted?

"I don't really know what to do either" she confessed, unwilling to stop talking; silence was her enemy tonight. "Is there anything you would like to do? Or know, or share..."

Smiling was hard, it felt like her face would split, though Erthë thought she managed something that wasn't just a grimace.

@Isopia

Erthe says it isn't a pleasure house, and Isopia doesn't really understand what sort of criticism that's meant to be. Her head shakes slightly, knowing that Erthe won't want her to be difficult about things - about words - but not knowing how else to be.

"This.." She stops and then tries again. "This is supposed to be a thing, as I understand it. Dating, even a brief blind one, is supposed to be different from friendship or from any other casual encounter. If we just talk, what separates this from any other time I've interacted with you?"

Erthe asks if there's anything she'd like to share and Isopia only blinks. Silently Hubris encourages her to do just that, and the demigoddess submits to his suggestion. "I was with someone before ... I thought what we had was one thing, but he had that thing with so many others ... with someone in my family and it ruined things."

Only Zero and the magical tree and Roskuld and Volterra and Ophela knew this story. But now perhaps Erthe would too.

Image Credits
Coded by Space!

@Erthe