the Rift

[OPEN] Plants and Poisons -ALL WELCOME!- (Herb lesson)

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy

Cold gray eyes looked to the world of life and greenery around him. Small plants sprung to life and began to bloom eagerly with blossoms. Tenderly weeds were pulled out of the beds, and he worked to allow the roots of the good plants grow. Dirt flung and flicked across the ground as he threw the restricting roots of the invasive plants across the ground. Carefully looking over each herb he took count and made mental notes of what the Basin had and what they needed. Unfortionally there was no ginger actually growing in the greenhouse. Softly the demonic beast pulled a root from his neck. The small root already had some well-developed growth buds forming. Thankfully the greenhouse would provide the shelter and warmth that the tropical plant needed to thrive. Content with his planting work the hell bound beast continued down the line.

Then his gaze fell to another plant that was vital for the survival of the herd. It may not seem like much, but the Shepherds purse is something of great value. It can be used to treat bleeding wounds of the warriors. The leaves can be used dried of fresh, and when applied to the bleeding wound it will help the blood form a clot. When the plant is eaten there are several more properties that it can be used for. It can stop internal hemorrhaging of the stomach and lungs, it can even help mothers stop bleeding after childbirth.Such a wide range of herbs and plant in this small building and most of the herd probably did not know about the treasures hidden within.Turning his scarred body the beast walked to the opening of the glass structure. " People of the Basin, please come to the greenhouse if you are interested. There are many plant and herbs that can be beneficial to all. I would like to share my knowledge to keep you healthy and possibly help you survive a serious wound. You must know what herbs and plants you should use if a healer is not there to help. " Roaring through the mountains like banshies scream, deep tones bolted across the mountains echoing in the valley. Then the monster stood to wait for the heathens to arrival. His cold gaze swept across the thawing land. Hoping someone or anyone would arrive.

OOC:: Come one and come all!! There is a herb lesson going on in the greenhouse. Please feel free to ask about what plants will cure or help with specific things. You can even ask about poissioness plants if your character is the dark type!! Have fun with this and I will be posting him again soon!!

@Lena @Tiamat @Enna @Tangere

","
Your fears have just become all to real,
because the devil at the cross road
wants to make a deal.

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra
Ask no questions, and you'll be told no lies
She mostly doesn’t have any interest in learning about herbs. But there might come a day when she wants to actually save someone else. Herbs are just a waste on her. It’s faster to die in those instances and come back right as rain. But she realizes not everyone has the luxury of dying to heal themselves and then popping right back up. It’s a neat little trick and all, but if she’s really thinking about it, it can’t hurt to know a little bit about herbs and what they can do.

Mostly though, she goes just because she has nothing better to do. She needs to meet the others in this herd, even if they are healers. She’s assuming that’s their job, if they are talking about herbs. She has this picture in her head that all healers are probably fussy old ladies (though the voice that calls to them is none of the sort, she doesn’t shake the image).

When she finally finds the source of the voice, she is indeed not greeting by a little old biddy. Rather, there’s a black stallion with rams horns that curl from his head, an emerald cuff glinting in the sun from the one. She isn’t surprised he’s not a little old biddy, but maybe a bit disappointed. She doesn’t let it show though, offering a pleasant smile instead. It always feels strange to her to be polite. It’d never been required of her when she served as the Chamber Princess. Politeness was a skill she learned on her travels here.

“Weaver,” she offers by way of a greeting. It is strange not to know anyone around her in a place she now calls home. Strange because she always knew everyone once. Strange because at least when she was traveling, it seemed like she should feel like an outcast, a stranger. Now though, she doesn’t like the feeling, and would like to shake it as soon as possible. “What is all this stuff?” she says, gesturing rather generally to all the plants growing in the greenhouse.

If only he’d said he could teach her how to kill someone with some of those plants. She’d be far more interested in that then helping. Though maybe it couldn’t hurt to help now and again.

weaver

Image | Quote by Charles Dickens

@Mortuus Nox

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Another day, another call echoing across the conspicuously empty space of the Basin, its invitation ringing from peak to peak. The old stallion hasn't heard this call before, not a ‘warriors, to me!’ or ‘sneaks, gather here!’ or ‘time for another pointless herd meeting courtesy of your largely absent rulers who will nonetheless demand loyalty and action from every one of you!’ but something surprisingly new for a herd with such an overabundance of healers. His bearded head rises, turning in the direction of the deep, almost sing-song inflection he knows to be Mortuus Nox and an ear flicks forward in interest at the offer of knowledge rather than lifeless speeches.

He moves to approach the greenhouse, a structure he'd once adamantly - and unsurprisingly - refused to help repair, but clearly someone has taken the time to improve it, removing the weeds and the rocks and planting small rows of vibrant shoots at evenly spaced intervals. He sniffs at the tiny plants with curiosity, glancing only sidelong at the second figure nearby, another unfamiliar face poised to be forgotten through absence and inactivity. He turns to the Medic instead. "You have anything recreational here? Painkillers? Hallucinogens? Something I can get fucked on but still wake up in the morning?"

He's pretty sure the direct approach would work on Tangere - hell, she'd probably fucking shotgun it for him if he asked her - and he's been rewarded with a ginger root once already for yelling rather unkindly at the ocean mare, Tiamat, but with Nox he's uncertain, left staring idly into his colorless gaze for either an offer of help or a rebuke for his immediate misuse of the services being rendered here. Either way he figures he'll have learned something new from the encounter, as good a reason to get up in the morning as any other.

"Talk."
OOC // @Mortuus Nox @Weaver
Albrecht
I gave my everything, For all the wrong things
image & coding

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
When she hears the familiar, low tone of her friend’s call, the ocean mare is resting inside of the Medic’s cave. Lifting her head from the cold floor, she smiles to herself. Since she had met him many seasons ago, Nox has come so far—his demons do not haunt him as they once had, and she believes that he now recognizes what she has always seen in him: goodness. For all of his scars and his rough exterior, the Medic has a good heart, and Tiamat adores him for it. Gently lifting herself to her hooves, so as to not disturb her slumbering companion, Tiamat makes her way towards the greenhouse.

The black stallion is not alone by the time she arrives. “It’s nice to see you up and about, Albrecht,” the Mender inclines her curved horn kindly towards the elderly man, while fluted ears flick to the side in a silent display of her unease. Tiamat has nothing personal against the old stallion, but there are very few in the Basin who have not at least witnessed the brazenness of his tongue; she feels like she must tiptoe around him, so as to not encourage an explosion of...indecorum.

“How is your arthritis?” She inquires with a quirk of her head, remembering the last time they had talked. Then, shifting her attention to the mare, her smile softens. “I don’t believe that we’ve met before? My name is Tiamat, I’m a healer as well,” Tiamat offers the stranger a similar bow of her head, thoroughly pleased to see another new face among their snowy peaks.

At last, the ocean mare turns her eyes to the Medic, settling comfortably at his side. “Nox, my dear friend,” Tiamat greets him with a brush against the lower part of his neck, her eyes sparkling as she smiles a small, warm grin, “it is wonderful to see you again, it’s been too long.” Part of her wonders how much of recent events he has been subjected to (the claw wounds along the right side of her cheek and neck ache pointedly, reminding her that no one could have been spared). However, for now she forces herself to ponder on happier things—like nature’s medicines. Smiling encouragingly, she waits for Nox to continue, prepared to aid him should he want it.

“Speech.”
tiamat
we run like a river
runs to the sea
image credits
@Mortuus Nox
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Lena & Imogen

She heard the call from across the lake, basking along the embankment, striving for equilibrium and tranquility when all she could think about were the final moments of Kaos’ revelations. They bore and barbed against her, serpentine and loathing, and she tried to bury them back under her composed surface, where her eyes could stare dreamily at the water and pretend nothing irked, irritated, set her ablaze – but the emotions of her rage, of her bitterness, of her rancor (and subsequent failure at the silver mare’s dying breaths) weren’t enough to set aside. The Songbird tucked it away again, back into the waking tenors and trumpets of rumination, leaving it to simmer when she had the ability to pay it more due – hiding, once more, from the colossal remnants of her disastrous plunging. The thunderous bugle of Mortuus Nox was a blessing in disguise, bestowing distraction and purpose, instead of languishing in the nearby snow, incapable of conversing about what she’d seen, about what she’d heard, about the way life so cruelly blinded and slashed, lacerated and tore, at all of them.

So they flickered against the light, earthly beacons of a tireless generation, forging onward despite every ounce and vestige of destruction toiling beside them – she was used to adversity, eagerly, fervently, ardently clambered above it most days, baring her teeth or ensuing a grin, possessing earnest virtue over tragedy and tribulation; but eventually that too wore against her, echoed along the throng of her silence, of her eyes that stared at the ground and not at the trees, no matter how many times she’d been told to watch the canopies, the birds, the minstrels. They were not the first to arrive at the greenhouse’s welcome sight, and bowed their heads along the open aperture, winding away greetings and sincerities that didn’t mesh with the melancholy stored within. A forced smile reached her lips and curled upon her essence, a floating pretense easily rendered, casting her wholesome essence into the tender shoots and leaves, into the tiny gathering of those who wished to yearn (and she was grateful to the black stallion, who’d fought his demons and conquered the foes in his mind, who yearned to learn more and speak about the wares they held). “Hello!” She rang, a simple melody, a gentle beacon, one last shining light from the days where there’d been so few (afraid they were damned, consigned, to go out again) – pausing momentarily to glance at the stranger, then everyone else (sweet Tiamat, acerbic Albrecht), ready for learning. Her eyes landed on Mortuus as she brushed alongside the ocean mare, aligning her shoulder against hers so they were fostered and tied by elements, by strength, by vigilance, and she wouldn’t fall apart into a million tunes. “I’m keen to hear your wisdom, Mortuus.” Her faith remained gilded there too – golden and wondrous, dancing upon a harmonious string, waltzing along Imogen’s waving tails.

Image Credits

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

So like, since I woke up from my COMA I’ve been pretty gosh darn useless in the Basin. I no longer have my Weaver rank, which makes total sense I’m not complaining, and I just… I don’t know what to do now. It’s not like any of the other ranks really suit me. My sweet marshmallow is off kicking butt and making an incredible name for herself in the Basin - that’s right folks, let’s not forget who knocked her up and brought her here!! I did! But she’s pretty awesome all on her own so I can’t really take credit for that.

Anyway, there’s still a little bit of snow but there’s also some flowers in the Basin and I’m lazing about in a particularly delicious smelling patch of it when a call grabs my attention. What’s this?! Something to do?! OH BOY! I’m up so fast that Jellybean barely has time to react, she just sort of somersaults off my back (I keep forgetting she’s there whoops) and lands in the flowers. But she’s still fast asleep so I guess she doesn’t mind.

I decide to leave her behind, rather than face her wrath if she should wake up, and follow the directions to this CRAZY SWEET GREENHOUSE we apparently have?! Holy gumdrops did I sleep through a lot. I recognize a bunch of the faces that are already there - pleased as peach punch to recognize Princess Tiamat, The Grouch™ and dear Lena! “MY FRIENDS!” It doesn’t matter that there’s a couple faces that I don’t really know - including the fellow who was holding this little meeting - but those are minor details. Every single one of them was wrapped up in my bubbly greeting as I came to join the group. “You are all looking beautiful today, as per usual.” I compliment them all on their fine looking selves as I join in the group, settling in so that I can watch and maybe learn too!!

It's the perfect time of day
To throw all your cares away

image credits
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Dressy

Cold gray eyes watched as the beasts, heathens, and monsters of the mountain started to gather. First was a mare he never met before; her pelt painted in a splash of two toned colors. His deep black pelt shifted to settle in his spot as she grew closer and closer. Stone eyes danced across her figure. Nox dipped his demonic crown lower when she finally came to a halt. She spoke sternly and to the point. His cold expression remained robust as she went on to ask what all this stuff was. Before Nox could open his velvet maw to answer any questions, more people started to gather. Flicking his gaze the old bag of bones he chuckled lightly. His chest rumbled deep with amused tones. "Weaver it is a pleasure to meet you, I am a medic for the Basin. I have called everyone here to learn and ask questions about the herbs. Is there something that interests you? Poisons, recreational, healing, or pains. I am sure I have the answer to all. " Stone orbs then looked to the old man, and his eyes lightened seeing the beautiful ocean mare appear.

Her soft blue pelt rubbed against his own scared bodice. He could not help but feel the warmth radiate for her."It has been too long my dear. We should catch up sometime if you are not busy." His hardened voice softened for her; then the beast was drug back to reality as Lena appeared. The songbird was always so filled with life and joy. His head dipped greatly to the bay mare and her wonderful companion Imogen. "Hello Lena and Imogen. Ah! You must be Johnny. I have heard about you. I am Nox." His attention fell to the peppermint stallion as he came up greeting everyone. His gray gaze fell cold and silent waiting for everyone to finish up their introductions and conversations.

When the herd's eyes landed on him and not a word slipped from a single maw the beast began. First, he addressed the old man. " Albrecht I must apologize for not being able to help you with a fire this winter. I got caught up in the wilds and was not home very much this winter. To answer you question yes some herbs can be used for that. Bitter-grass or dream herb produces vivid dreams after smoking. It is also a medicinal herb against gastrointestinal disorders, cathartic anti-dysentery remedy, and as a fever-reducing agent. Its psychedelic properties do not become apparent until the user is asleep. " The beast moved a small odd looking plant from his side and pushed it towards the old man. Then he reached for a lily-like plant " Blue water lily in dosages of 5 to 10 grams of the flowers induces slight stimulation, a shift in thought processes, enhanced visual perception, and mild closed-eye visuals. Used in aromatherapy, Nymphaea caerulea is supported to have a "divine" essence, bringing euphoria, heightened awareness and tranquility. Both of these should not only help you sleep better but achieve that psychoactive feel you're looking for. They also hold valuable healing properties. His attention fell the painted mare."You seem like you might be interested in the use of the poisons. Marsh Marigolds could very well be of good use to you. They have antiseptic properties like antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral actions, which inhibit the growth of microorganisms. It is helpful to treat cuts, burns, abrasions, bruises, sprains, and abscesses. Only apply this to your skin, never eat it. It can make you very sick if not kill you. " The beast then pushed the beautiful flower towards the woman with a deviant smile. "Johnny is there anything you were interested in? Oh please feel free to ask more questions about the herbs I will do my best to answer." Turning his demonic crown he looked over to the ocean mare and Lena to see how he was doing. Then his heavy demonic skull glanced over each body waiting for the next question.

"Talking ,"

OOC:: Posting order is a lie!
wants to make a deal.

@Weaver @Albrecht @Tiamat @Lena @Johnny

More come, which isn’t surprising. The first is a hairy, upside down kind of beast, and she immediately likes him. Ugly bugger, but he asks for fun things, and she gives him a grin at his request, adding “What he said,”.  Before she can say anything else though, there’s a blue mare saying hello to the hairy dude apparently called Albrecht and seeming to care about others. The reason for this makes sense quick enough when she introduces herself as a healer, and Weaver nods, adding “Weaver,” by way of introduction. She doesn’t really have much more to add to that, given that she’s called this place home for barely more than a day. So she listens and watches are more come, another mare and some stallion that looks literally quite sweet. She is sorely tempted to lick him, but for the moment, refrains.

Soon enough the stallion that called the meeting explains the purpose, and what’s going on. Healing with herbs. She’d seen it around in her travels, but where she came from, healing was magic or bust. No one knew how to use herbs, let alone how to grow them in a garden.

Nox continues, greeting others and eventually answering the hairy beasts question. She listens, curious, because it’s not something she’s really experienced. Once, in that crazy place she’d quite literally stumbled through because of their natural…stimulants…but there was such a haze around that she doesn’t really remember. She thinks it was fun, but isn’t entirely certain. Probably it was fun. The things she’s not supposed to do always are.

She’d been planning to ask about poisons, so he’s not wrong, though she wonders what exactly gave it away.  Did she just scream DON’T TOUCH ME by the sheer look of her? To be fair, she wouldn’t necessarily be sad to find this out, though she’d been planning to pretend that she wasn’t going to immediately ask about poisons only.

To be fair, she did want to know the antidotes as well. Of course, she cares more about the poisons than the antidotes, but it’s better leverage if you can promise your dying victim the cure for a price. Her plan had been to feign like she cares to know how to help someone in need, rather than being the one who might put someone in need instead, but clearly that plan was shot to hell. So instead, she adds, “Is there an antidote to the Marsh Marigolds?” Not that she’d be terribly sad if there wasn’t.

- weaver -

Please tag in all posts
Image by AmoretteRose

The old stallion smiles in the face of his own mixed reception, Tiamats carefully guarded greeting as bemusing to him as the black and white hybrid mares openly encouraging grin, though in equal and opposite measures. Somewhere between the two are Johnny and Lenas mild glances, their greater exposure to his antics presumably dulling any reaction the Songbird or Candycorn might have had. Either that or he just doesn’t pay enough attention to them to notice, too busy gingerly lifting his right hind leg toward his stomach in response to the ocean mares question, his grey-peppered ears cocking to catch the audible crackle of unhappy tendons and ligaments being forced to stretch and contract.

This particular noise and its accompanying discomfort is new, a participation prize of his having relented to the new Generals latest call, but as his fetlock closes the angle of his leg and approaches the knobby bulge of his stifle a more familiar pop rings out and the blacks eyes widen with feigned surprise. "Nope. Still not miraculously cured.” He might have harassed her farther, or at the very least tried to wheedle his way to another free bulb of ginger, but for the Medics sudden outpouring of information.

The blacks hideously under muscled neck snaps to attention, ears cupping to catch and retain every word from the other stallions mouth. Bitter Grass, Blue Water Lily, Nymphaea Caerulea. He recites in his mind, glancing between the gathered examples in front of him, trying to commit each image and list of uses to memory. He stares at the Nymphaea plant in particular, drawn to the idea of euphoric episodes and peaceful sleep. Then there’s mention of something called a Marsh Marigold, and he tries to memorize the shape and color of the flowers petals for future wound dressing, self-consciously hoping to survive on knowledge rather than charity the next time his rowdy mouth brings him home in tatters.

"Where do you find these?" He asks, gesturing widely enough to encompass all of the example plants, refusing to meet the other healers eyes for fear that the answer is obvious to everyone but him. "If the greenhouse is empty, I mean. Or out of reach."

"Talk."
OOC // @Tiamat @Mortuus Nox
Albrecht
You take a hit now, You feel it break down,
Make you stay wide awake, this is how a heart breaks.
image & coding

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Sweeping her eyes to rest on the winged stranger, Tiamat offers a smile that is as brilliant as ever, her spirits hardly wilted by her company’s lack of similar enthusiasm. To know that the painted mare is a new member of the Basin, is enough information for the sea maiden to accept her—to see that she is also attending a healer’s meeting is simply a delightful bonus. “A pleasure to meet you, Weaver,” she speaks sincerely, and the tip of her curved horn bows in a gesture of friendship and camaraderie.

Albrecht pipes up then, effectively demonstrating the stiffness and subsequent cracking of his joints. The ocean mare’s smile softens gently, though her brows knits together in concern when his most recent injury makes itself known. “We can get you something to help ease any stiffness in your joints,” she says this quickly, know that it isn’t new information, “Perhaps even a splint to aid in the healing of your tendons if you’d like? It would ease some of your leg’s discomfort in bearing your weight.” Her grin lilts in encouragement, trying to tempt the old man into accepting the aid—she has yet to learn how swollen his pride is, and isn’t sure if he would tolerate a brace.

All the same, she does admire his activity for someone his age.

Turning her attention then to Nox when he welcomes her, Tiamat’s expression illuminates with excitement. “We should!” She agrees with a whisper of jubilation, shifting her weight to nudge the scarred stallion affectionately. She would love nothing more than to see how he has fared these last few months (and quietly hopes that the pain of his curse has eased, if not disappeared entirely). Her lips press together for a short moment, shuddering inwardly at the memories of his raw and bleeding wounds, but fortunately she is not allowed to ponder for long.

“Lena!” The blue mare coos with familiar warmth, leaning forward to reach out to the bay Mender as she comes to her side. Flooded with the intimate emotions that they share through their bond, Nimue also greets Lena and her kitsune, whistling a low sound as she floats forward to press her nose against that of the fox, and glances up to the brown mare with her large baby blues. Also adding to the delight that is already swelling within her breast, Tiamat looks up to find a handsomely sweet face coming to join them. “And Johnny! It is wonderful to have you with us again, my friend,” she reaches again to brush the little stallion’s nose, inhaling his peppermint aroma with a broad smile.

Truly, the Basin is a brighter place when the adorable candyman is around to (literally) sweeten things up.

With everyone gathered together, Nox begins his instruction. Tiamat watches from his side, standing as a silent comfort for her dear friend, and nodding every now and then to herself. While she is eternally grateful for the Time God’s magic, herbs will always harbor a special place in her heart. For so long—months? Years?—she had labored to learn their many properties, determined to not fall helpless in the wake of injury. To have others learn the same brings a particularly warm joy to her heart.

“Speech.”
tiamat
we run like a river
runs to the sea
image credits
@Mortuus Nox @Lena

Lena & Imogen

She tried to curb the feeling of disapproval as several of the members only seemed intrigued by things beyond medicinal properties. The Songbird often yielded away from judgment: many had undergone predicaments, trials, tribulations, histories she couldn’t understand or begin to fathom, but she’d never yearn to twist her mind into delusions, into hallucinations, into fits of imagined grandeur to get away from reality – so only a mild frown embedded itself along her features, cast off as quickly as it was curved due to Tiamat’s welcoming, amiable disposition, and Johnny’s appearance. She nodded to Mortuus, imploring him to continue his discussion, because in a way it aided others (and she could attempt to ignore the sway towards psychedelics), granting one more grin towards him and the candied Johnny. At the very least, the once-demon had become very knowledgeable in his chosen ranking and title, and that alone should’ve been admired – he’d come such a long ways, and she was proud of his accomplishments.

However, her mind turned readily to Albrecht again, who seemed incapable of remaining whole, either due to age, actions, or antics. She listened to his joints pop, to the odd, clicking noise settling along his hocks, and nearly sighed – but kept that feeling bottled up too. She didn’t ask how he’d received this particular injury, presuming nothing since their latest venture in a meadow of clover, and only inclined a light hum through her throat. It rallied in a soft, dulcet rhapsody, threading its way towards the elderly impersonator, gathering liberation and deliverance in its humble wake, intending to relieve, to soothe, to assuage what’d been strained. If anyone noticed, she said naught, merely reclining back into her radiant grin, into her heavenly aura, into her enigmatic, elegant refinement, and acted as if she were none the wiser.

Image Credits

@Albrecht

Dressy

His attention went to Weaver as she was the first to ask about the antidote to this horrid plant. With a wicked smile, the beast looked back to the mare. Her fascination with this plant was music to his ears. He did enjoy the uses of poisons more that herbs, but seeing as he was a healer he could not use his deadly skill very much. His attention flicked to the old man saying something abut the herb not helping his joints. Nox wanted to snort and grumble how the man never seemed happy with anything, but he remained quiet. Tiamat was always so kinda and sweet to others even when it was not necessary. She offered a splint and bandaging, but Nox was sure the old man would deny any type of help like that. Turning from the crowd for a short amount of time he picked a large amount of a leaf like plant. Walking back to the group Nox placed the leaves on a rock and crushed them into a paste. " Put this on your joints. Peppermint has cooling properties that can aid in the relief of joint pain when applied directly to the affected site. "

Turning his skull back to the painted woman he addressed her next question."Well it honestly has to do with how much has been ingested. You can induce vomiting in animals that can vomit, but if it is a horse-like animal, then that is when it gets tricky. If too much in ingested than you might no be able to reverse the affects. The Toxin in the marsh marigold can cause diarrhea, burning of the mouth and throat, confusion, dizziness, and headaches. Flush the system with tons of water, flax seeds have also been known to absorb the plant and push it through the system. If too much poison was ingested well you are looking at breathing difficulty, then paralysis, are followed by convulsions and Death from asphyxiation and circulatory failure. If it is caught quickly and flushed from the system victims can see improvement in about twenty-four hours." He dipped his head hoping that this was enough information for the girl. Nox was more than willing to answer more questions should she have them. His demonic crown turned to the old man then looking to Lena. He smiled softly to the bay mare who just kept quiet."Blue water lily is found in shallow water areas. That is if you ever need to find some more of it. I have been able to plant a few in the greenhouse." Shaking his head softly with a smile he looked to each face. Dead eyes took in the faces and expressions of each person waiting to see who would say something next.

"Talking ,"

OOC:: Posting order is a lie!
wants to make a deal.

@Weaver @Albrecht @Lena @Tiamat

The upside down hairy stallion is definitely her favorite, though the black stallion is not far behind. He seems keen enough to answer her question about antidotes, and even more keen to just offer up that information about poison. Had it been entirely her own antics that made it so obvious she cared more about poison than healing? Or had the black Medic been looking for an excuse to teach someone how to kill with the magic of a yellow plant. Death you could see coming in the dark with that color, but not in the shape. Who would ever think a pretty, yellow little flower would kill them?

The ocean-blue mare is all sorts of kind to her, so Weaver does her best to return the kind greeting. “A pleasure indeed,” she says with a nod of her own, all charm and grace and pretty words. She’s terribly good at it, when she sets her mind too it. Though in truth, it is a pleasure to meet others. To call some place home after wandering for a year. She’d enjoyed the travels, and her legs still itch to move, but her heart longs to find a place that feels like hers.

The other two…Lena and the candy one…seem less impressed with her or Albrecht. Not to say Tia was impressed, but at least tolerant. Lena straight up frowns, which almost makes Weaver laugh, but she knows better and keeps her mouth shut and attention turned to the Medic. Besides, his smile at her question is a wicked little thing and she’s starting to like him more. She needed to get to know him better. He seemed fun.

It’s a moment before Mortuus answers her question, offering hairy boy some peppermint first. His answer is rather gruesome, and she keeps an appropriately schooled look on her face. Part of her wants to grin, though part of her realizes it’s not quite the type of poison she was likely to wield. Not unless she was very sure someone needed to die. “What a terrible way to meet your maker,” she says when he finishes. For now, she has no more questions, figuring that she really can’t keep asking about ways to kill others without arousing some suspicion. So instead, she hangs around, listening to any other talk of herbs and their uses, because it probably was good to know how to help too. She’s not entirely terrible, just mostly.

- weaver -

Please tag in all posts
Image by AmoretteRose

Again the ocean mare ignores his ire, offering aid with a gentle, all-encompassing smile. The hard lines of the blacks face soften – just a touch – and his ears tip forward in anticipation of receiving something from the secret stash of herbs he knows is hidden beneath her mane, but instead of extending flowers or roots as answer to his complaint it’s an assessment and an idea that she proffers. "A splint?” He asks, glancing back at the limb in question to make sure it hasn’t deteriorated or taken on some dramatic appearance of poor health since last he’d last bothered to check it. “I don’t think it’s broken…” He trails, unsure of any other use for splinting yet fully aware of his own ignorance on the subject, doubt and concern evident in the waver of his voice. Does she think it could be?

So concerning is the thought that he doesn’t notice at first how the Songbird wanders closer, doesn’t hear the low hum thrumming under her breath through the buzz of conversation around him. It’s only later, when the gradual sensation of cooling and loosening has run its course through the inflamed tendons and ligaments of his leg and the natural heat of fibers working to knit together again begins to rise on his skin that he turns to find her, sure that there had been a familiarity in the ebb of discomfort, but by then the bay mare has moved her attention elsewhere, her face as sweet and unassuming as any angelic depiction. His brows furrow, but he says nothing, turning his attention back to Mortuus Nox and the strong scented paste he offers.

He steps up to inspect the crushed leaves as the latin Mender launches into a lengthy explanation of poisons, one ear turned to catch as much information as possible while the other stays pointed toward the little mash of peppermint. He inhales, wrinkling his nose at the overpowering scent and sensation of cold that washes through his lungs and sinuses, shooting an accusatory glance toward the Candycorn, as if everything in the world that shares this scent is somehow connected to him.

The black snorts, trying to ease the sense of tingling in his throat, pinches his nostrils shut, and scoops the paste onto his puckered upper lip to transfer to his suspiciously-less-painful-than-it-was-before leg, smearing it downward from hock to fetlock, outside first and then inside, contorting himself to reach it amid a new chorus of snaps, crackles, and pops that are probably doing as much harm as the peppermint is good. He groans. Old age is a bitch.

"Talk."
OOC // @Mortuus Nox @Tiamat Also mentions Lena and Johnny, but not enough for me to bother you with tags!
Albrecht
You take a hit now, You feel it break down,
Make you stay wide awake, this is how a heart breaks.
image & coding

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

When the elderly stallion expresses his confusion at her offer of a splint, the ocean maiden cannot help but smile crookedly at his exaggerated attempts of rechecking his injured leg, amused by his antics. She shakes her head gently, causing the sound of seashells to chime through the crisp air, and is keen to enlighten him. “A splint can also help support any torn ligaments while they heal, so you don’t strain them with further use” she clarifies, explaining that a splint is useful for far more than a broken bone.

Soon there is movement out of the corner of her eye, and she turns to see the Songbird stepping forward, also focusing on the aged stallion. Soothing melodies fall gently from the Mender’s lips, and Tiamat’s grin softens, recognizing the use of Lena’s magic (having been witness to it before). When her fellow healer returns to her side, Tiamat reaches out to brush her whiskery muzzle lightly against the bay’s shoulder, wordlessly approving of her acts and admiring her mentor’s ability.

Broadening her attention once again to their meeting, the sea maiden listens with dainty ears pressing forward while Nox continues, explaining more poisonous herbs and their grisly side effects. While it is useful information, undoubtedly, Tiamat finds her lips puckering at all this talk of toxic sickness.

Finding a pause in the conversation, the blue mare speaks up, looking around to all those gathered. “It is good to learn how to recuperate someone from such poisons,” she acknowledges with a small smile, her sheltered mind and glass heart not comprehending that there might be any sort of ominous intentions among them. “But what of healing?” Her pale eyes focus now on Nox, her smile deepening because he has done well in teaching them, and encourages him to continue.

“Speech.”
tiamat
we run like a river
runs to the sea
image credits
@Mortuus Nox @Lena @Albrecht

Lena & Imogen

Lena listened, not trying to catch Albrecht’s eye, attuned to the finer, tenacious bits of poison and treachery – the way assuaging, mending, soothing tones could suddenly become a barbarous dagger to one’s body (couldn’t she wield her magic in almost the same quality, with wondrous, melodious music, and then capable of swiftly churning the tune into absolute defiance, dangerous plumes of fire and brimstone?). She’d simply never yielded to utilizing toxins or venom upon another being, and would never think to do so to one of her own, in the past, that had been D’art’s forte, grinding his potions into something formidable, and she’d looked the other way. She didn’t question or inquire anything now either, merely listened, absorbing the harsh effects of the world around them, pondering over the lengths in which some of their surrounding figures would go to achieve their dreams – if their notions were just as lethal as some of the nature thriving around them. The Songbird kept her lips shut, trying to think past all the wars she’d seen, all the battles she’d survived, all the risks and deceptions and ruses she’d persevered amongst, eyes catching along various flora, pondering how she could proffer anything beyond her mere presence.

But Tiamat, wonderful, sweet Tiamat, thrived along the doldrums, settling her heart on the matter coiling along Lena’s, like matching throngs, and her smile became much more effortless, a grin beyond pretenses and fabrications, poised on the foundation of her gentle, stalwart soul. “I’d love to hear about any new discoveries concerning our healing plants,” she ventured in agreement, honeyed gaze pinpointing on Mortuus, “Especially as our warrior rank continues to grow.” What should happen if they managed to get in a scuffle, skirmish, or duel without a healer nearby? Could they provide aid to themselves? How could it be administered? Her ambience set upon this topic thusly, attention riveted back to the sable stag.

Image Credits