the Rift

[PRIVATE] The chill of my inheritance

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
Somewhere, beneath her dainty glass hooves, the Basin's inhabitants were going about their daily routines. Strange, to think she had once been one of them. That had been her home, no matter how cold, lonesome and forgotten she had felt. Yet it had been in The Edge that she'd found her brothers and her calling. They'd been there (all along) working hard at rebuilding their lives some the family had crumbled. Well at least she thought this true for Sacre, Mesec's position in and on their fan ily was still blurry for her. Ráeru did not think the death of Kou had a great effect on him, no more than sorrow at the pain it caused Sacre. The dark winged stallion had not been described to her as a member of their family by Aviya, he'd been a brother of 'dirty blood'. The dark girl's disdain for their brother was obvious, his mixed blood made him worthy of her (and fathers?) contempt. Yet in the end they had both moved on and left her, Sacre, Roux and Mesec behind and with Roux missing it was the three of them who had remained (or become depending on how you looked at it) a family. Their presence in her life was fixing an affliction she had not been aware of - the need to feel a sense of belonging.

A breeze rose, the winds rolling down her spine, easing hairs. No matter how much thine she spent in other lands, her body would remain comfortable in the colder climates. The pale dove had been born to the frigid temperatures of the north. The day was beautiful, clear skies and the top layer of snow rolling away in the winds. The sun was warming through, it's reach included inhabitants of the north today. Whenever a breeze cooled her skin, the sun would slowly warm her again. It touch as gentle and attentive as a lovers.

Yes she was quite comfortable in the North, it was these snows and chilling winds that were apart of her DNA.
Silly things cease to be silly
if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way.
Jane Austen, Emma

lines | color & coding

@Bathsheba
Typed on my phone so apologies for any mistakes. Will edit when I get on the computer :)

Bathsheba Posts: 45
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.3 hh :: II years
Kansas
bathsheba
The Steppes, again.

It was becoming irksome to find myself consistently drawn back to his place, its white valleys and rocky paths filled with ice and snow. Where once it brought me comfort, it now left an uncomfortable ache in my bones, the world felt brittle beneath my hooves as they drew me deeper into the chilly abyss. Tallsun had reared its head these past weeks, revealing land, and even grass beneath the heavy permafrost. New sprouts found their way between my lips as I chewed mindlessly. It was not often that I took the time to enjoy anything, not even this could be counted as enjoyable, moreso a necessity. The idea of having fun and being carefree was a sore spot, and so well guarded behind a wall of indifference.

But, along with the rise of the burning sun came the inevitable; horses, activity, forced interaction. It made my skin crawl, despite the warm weather. Even the steppes could be considered pretty to look at under Tallsun's brutal gaze, perhaps even I was pretty with the sunshine plowing a way through the sparse clouds, and to my back. A sound lifted my head from the ground, grass yet within my grasp as pale eyes scanned the area.

A white woman - or mostly white - stood not to far away, how I managed to miss such a detail was beyond me. Which, as of recently, was not too uncommon. It felt as though with the passing of the seasons came a passing of my own observation. More and more often I found strangers at my door, although in this case I would say that I knocked at hers. She appeared quite content, at peace her her spot at the top of the hill, sunshine accentuating a long back and rolling curves, thin tail swinging lazily in the short breeze. Should I announce my presence? Disturb her moment of silence in my self-imposed shortcomings?

"Ah, lovely day is it not?" (blast!)

"Talk."

ooc - this is way overdue and I'm sorry :(
@Raeru
look to the stars

image | coding

Email P