the Rift

[PRIVATE] Y x C = Dearest

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
I'll carry you on my shoulders, never set you down.
Ferry you through the coldness, never let you down.

What were the chances of her accidentally poisoning someone? Pretty high. She would have to make sure these herbs went under the expert eye of Tilney or Sacre (she did not know the third doctor's name) before they were added to the herd's herb pile. It was one of her many number of duties was to collect herbs from all over Helovia. At first she hadn't gotten the point, The World's Edge had herb gardens didn't they? She was sure that Tilney had mentioned one during the first healers meeting that she'd attended. Why did she have to travel to collect herbs from the most inconvenient places? Then she had thought perhaps wild herbs were better, more natural. Then she realised that they might not be able to replicate all the temperatures and different environments in their greenhouses. Meaning it was her task to collect the herbs that could help save lives, the herbs they could not grow in their greenhouses. Ráeru had made her peace with this. Wanting to contribute as much to the herd as possible she set about to collect said useful herbs. Additionally she wanted to prove herself as a useful healer, willing to learn and having (at least some) natural talent. Yet proving her so called natural talent was proving difficult. In fact she'd only managed to offer advice to one other, the filly Bathsheba with the sickle-hock. No one else had been in need of her services. Ráeru had wished she had the capability of healing the filly of her affliction completely but unfortunately she did not have any such abilities.

Huffing she stared at her bundled good and then scoffed at her own stupidity. Of course. Here she was, deep in the forest and had absolutely no way to transport the herbs back to The World's Edge. Instead she stood in front of the collected herbs looking like a complete fool. There was no way she'd be able to carry all of these in her mouth. Maybe if she tied them with her rope and made some sort of sling? It might work, though she'd have to be careful to bind the stems and not crush the herbs. Allowing her rope to spill from her shoulders she set to work binding the herbs together and then tying the rope so she'd be able to wear them in a sling.

Wearing her herbs and feeling reasonably better, Ráeru peered further into the forest. She'd be able to cram a few more herbs into the bundle. Adding needing a satchel to her list of items she'd like to collect, Ráeru began to move further into the forest on the hunt for more herbs.

@Sacre
+ Herb gathering. Apologies for how awful this is.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre always seemed to end up in the Deep Forest when he was moping. Perhaps it was because it always felt like the forest was weeping in some way, a past that wasn't quite forgotten, remembered in scratched bark and red waters, as if he shared the woodland's sorrow and they, silently and painfully, lamented together. A comforting feeling, but a silly notion, however it soothed his aching heart. Often he came when he was thinking too much of Roux, but this time the fox-boy came because his thoughts were troubled by one grey mare, her lifeless eyes and him, the healer, that couldn't save her life. What was the point of his silly title if he couldn't even save a child's mother? He knew that pain, he knew it so well, the sudden removal of a sturdy pillar in his young life—destroyed and mangled on the floor. Was this how his father had felt when, not even with all his years of healing experience, he couldn't save Kou? He remembered Oizy's face like a mirror image of his own... "I'm a healer", he had said "I can help"... lies. Even if he thought he could've helped, at the time, all they had been were lies. He should return to the Worlds Edge and give up his title to someone who was more capable and stronger than he is. Even now he doesn't try to dedicate himself to his chosen discipline, despairing over something that cannot be changed instead of improving himself and becoming a better Doctor.  

He meandered through the woodland, not really caring for direction, his anger at himself was growing by the minute and his two fox friends had already disappeared, hunting the excuse, but really they didn't want to be around him right now. They watched him from afar instead, shooting worried glances his way, hoping he would snap out of it at any moment. He was being immature, he knew it too, it made him more annoyed and an innocent branch had to be snapped under his cloven hoof before finally he looked up from his brooding. Then—there she was. A picture of her mother, a pale outline of delicate beauty all alone in the dark woods, where she stood out like a beacon of light to banish his weeping thoughts for a moment. Sacre had never had a chance to get to know his pretty little sister, brotherly instincts driving him forwards towards her, not wanting her to be alone in this terribly miserable forest. 

"Ráeru" he sang her name, casting his bitterness aside to greet his sister, who seemed to be carrying different plants in her mane. "Hunting down herbs?" he asked, nodding to the tied bundles, feeling a prideful surge that she too had chosen to be a healer. He often wished he had asked their father to tell him of the most useful herbs to find, although, he was fairly certain that d'Artagnan had only ever concerned himself with those plants that could make a horse writhe in pain. 

Pausing, he thought about all the things he wanted to ask Ráeru, about what had happened to her, had she been living well... He went to walk by her side, trying to brush his shoulder with hers, she didn't much look like a little sister, she was his height after all and older now. "How have you been?" he asked, figuring it was the best place to start.
on the day that you were born the angels got together
and decided to create a dream come true

yewrezz

@Ráeru I hope its okay to set this after the Kaos plot, I have all my plot lines muddled up ahhh but let me know if not! <3 (sorry its a little late too!)

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!