the Rift

[OPEN] -shows up fifteen minutes late with starbucks-

Castor Posts: 17
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 h (wfg) :: Three Seasons
Laine

Apparently there's some "serious epic shit" happening in Helovia. Good thing I know absolutely nothing about any of it. 10/10 for observations skills on Cas' report card. So knows. Much informed. Wow.

In all seriousness though-- wait, who am I kidding, I've never been serious a day in my life. Where's the fun in that?! Mom was REAL serious when I was a baby and it was a downer, Dad(who is apparently a big scary black guy) is super serious and like, don't tell anyone, but he kinda scares me holy shit. Nizho's fucking serious too, like he's always going on and on and on about some other sister that went missing a million years ago, and I'm like "Boi, I got my own Ginger Twin to keep track of, I can't be weighed down with your failures as a brother." I uh.... I don't think he appreciated that very much.

So, In the spirit of being the opposite of serious I've been oot-n-aboot and letting myself be in charge of fuckall. The downside of this however is that there's like, no one around and as much fun being a wayward adventurer is, like, I've been wondering if I should go home. It's kinda been a whilesince I've checked in, afterall, not like I'm lonely or anything >.> Also, I have GOT to ask Mom because I think I might be pulling some sort of reverse Benjamin Button shit cause my winter coat (which now only have a few stubborn fuzzy tufts left) left behind some grey hairs. Like, what is this salt and pepper nonsense?!

I follow the stream back in an easterly sort of direction, knowing that it'll mostly point me toward the Throat and shiiiiit if I'm not impatient to start flying. Like, I feel like i'm close, but my wings haven't quiiiiiite gotten the hang of it yet, so I'm relegated to walking like a chump. Oh shit. What if I do age super rapidly and all the sudden I'm to old and rickety and shit and I never get to fly................... NAHHHHHHH Like life would be that cruel.

My gangly as fuckstrong and muscular legs carry me though the water, because why walk in the grass when you can walk directly in the stream, ya know? Water is like, so frickin cool (never get me started on the ocean man, I will talk about that shit forever) and I like the sounds it makes when I splash in it so I end up not walking so much as doing the funky fresh little shimmy. "Making my way downstream, walkin fast, splashin past and I'm homebound, duhnananananaaa~" I uh, may or may not also be kinda singing. #NextHelovianIdol

@Kolr
Castor
I'm slicker than an oil spill
She say she won't, but I bet she will

image | coding
FLECTERE SI NEQUEO SUPEROS, ACHERONTA MOVEBO
if I cannot move heaven I will raise hell
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Castor in all posts ::

Kolr Posts: 16
Outcast
Filly :: Equine :: 15hh ::
Odd
kolr

The girl hears singing, and her first instinct is to shrink away from it. If this is another task, or big reveal, or really anything that involves crowds, she wants absolutely nothing to do with it. However as her initial panic begins to subside, she realizes that she actually recognizes the voice, un-melodic and bizarre as it might be.

Castor, her mind supplies, and she feels her heart quicken and a cold sweat break out across her pale skin. The boy represents something familiar to her, but also something unknown. He has seen so much more of the world, is so outgoing and confident, and she? She is a handicapped and nearly-wordless girl who sticks to the sands of her own home and rarely does anything of interest.

Part of her wants to run away ("run", harhar), but a bigger part of her wants to step out of the small copse of trees that she's huddled in. Maybe Castor is going back to the Throat, and he can walk with her. It would be awkward, but at least she wouldn't have to worry about getting lost.

She knows that her small voice will not carry to where he is loudly singing, so instead she reaches out with her magic. Suddenly the water he splashes through lights up with watercolour paint - or at least the illusions of it - and his ever step is punctuated by bright splotches of colour. Slowly, because her knees awkwardly point inwards hindering her steps, she walks out of the trees, large blue eyes on his retreating form, hoping that he might turn around to look for her.

@Castor

Image Credits

Castor Posts: 17
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 h (wfg) :: Three Seasons
Laine

So like, I know there's not like, singing competitions in Helovia, but if i'm being honest i prooobably wouldn't win one... Unless they were awarding a side prize for "Most Enthusiastic". My warbling is terribly off key (Or so I've been told, cause keys are like, little metal things for the bridge so idk what they have to do with singing) and I bet the local critters are putting some serious thought into relocating but my disturbance of the peace doesn't particularly cross my one-track mind. I only stop  when, looking down at my waterlogged legs suddenly look like their splashing in a technicolor stream.

"!!!!!!!!!!" is the most accurate way to describe both the emotion and the expression on my face, because I'm a toad if I don't instantly recognize the effects of Kolr's magic (it IS how we met after all). Gosh, water is about the coolest thing but she somehow makes it about ten times cooler with her color stuff. (HAHA!! Kolr/color! I just got that!) I stop with a jerk, my not-quite-big-enough wings flaring out at my sides in surprise. My eyes are probably saucers, and boy howdy there's no stopping a dopey smile and I don't see why you would. 

Anywho, I'm hella pumped because I haven't seen that girl in a whiiiile. Well, I don't strictly see her now, though she must be around here somewhere.... I do quick spin, my head leading the way as I spiral around, spraying water out in a wide arch. (Note to self: see if you can spin fast enough to start a waterspout next time you're at the beach) And here my enthusiasm gets the best of me because I spin to fast on the first go-round and don't actually see where Kolr is standing under a little bunck of trees, but like, i get there eventually.

"Kolr! Hey!" I shout and I'm off like a shot, out of the water, up on the bank and straight for my friend. It's a full-tilt, no-breaks kind of run, and it doesn't cross my mind that that might startle her. I should know better by now, and honestly I mostly do, but i just get a little excited ya know? And when I get excited I forget things like that. "Heeeyyyy I haven't seen you in foreeever! How ya been? See anything cool? Meet anyone fun?" I'm babbling already as I remember to kick on the breaks and come to a stylishly skidding halt riiiiight in front of the little tree-bunch.
Castor
I'm slicker than an oil spill
She say she won't, but I bet she will

image | coding

@Kolr
Sorry for the delay <33333
FLECTERE SI NEQUEO SUPEROS, ACHERONTA MOVEBO
if I cannot move heaven I will raise hell
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Castor in all posts ::