the Rift

Here Without You [Open]

Insanity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Her mind was colored with millions of thoughts, everything twisting and bending in the recesses of her head, pressing outward to create a throbbing ache that she had never felt before. The cool breeze laced her breath in frost as she moved forward across the Steppe, contemplating where she might end up. The ground was hard beneath her feet and the sound was hollow, much like the barren cavern that occupied her chest. Everything was silent and still around her which made the thud, thud, thudding of her hooves echo against the empty atmosphere. She was a stark reminder of the winter wasteland that highlighted her dark features like the moon in the sky at night. It was this time of the year that her coat actually resembled the deep lavender tinged soot that she had been born with versus the murky brown that often hindered her appearance in the summer. Her eyes were wide with life which was something that she did not often possess, but it seemed that life had granted her a new path to take and she was quite tender with the thought of it.

She was unsure what had brought her to such a barren place, but the soft gurgle of water excited the innermost part of her heart as she navigated the icy terrain. She had always felt at home by the shore side in Avalon and while Helovia did not offer such a briny escape, as far as she knew as of late, any source of the element was comforting enough. To rest eyes on the reflective surface and ponder made her feel as if she were almost free of herself and that freedom always brought her home. She longed to gaze across the waves of the Oceanside with Jackal once again, but she knew no such thing should occur until her soul was lifted from earth and cast to heaven to rest at peace alongside his. She had paused now by a small stream, eager to dip her face to the unmoving surface whereupon her breath created small ripples in her reflection as she looked back at herself. She was much healthier than the year prior due to Avalon’s ruin and now she could understand what it was that had caught Jackal’s attention.

Murky brown eyes peered back at her from the water, golden flecks littering her gaze of temporary innocence. At one time she had not been tainted with sin and even now it was possible for her to imagine such days in her life. Her slender face was wrought with anxiety despite her current carefree mood and her lips were tight against her teeth in an effort not to grimace. Long ago, this was not my face, no such worry lie in the pits of my heart and darkened my eyes with hurt… However, now she was alone, no King to accompany her anguished cries at night, though she prayed for him. Sometimes she saw him in her dreams, but they were not reality and it often caused one more wrinkle in time to appear upon such a beautiful face.

[W/C:520]
The night's on fire
where is your God?
HorseRidingFreak

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

TOR
a mare who is forever wandering, bound by nothing but her mind

Completed her work successfully, Tor had been planning to leave the ex-Edge and return to the Threshold, to pick up any horses that may prove valuable to her, but instead, she had lingered on the tip of the steppe, not quite willing to leave just yet. A large number of her Helovian memories had been formed here. Mauja, her meeting of Ophelia, Lucius, and Faelene. Healing a bunch of battle-crazed, angry, racist beasts. It was, Tor thought, rather ironic that her, a selfless horse, had been the one to soothe the unicorns taking hold of the Steppe, had been the one to cleanse wounds and heal flesh. It wasn't in the mare's nature to simply leave one wounded behind, no matter how atrocious they had behaved or how rude they were. No matter how foul the actions they had committed or their threats.

The big-boned draft sighed softly, resting a leg as she looked out solemnly into the ocean. Even the frigid winter here was nothing compared to her homeland's. At the Li'Nal, the air was so cold the ocean water turned to black slush licking at ice, everything was dead and barren and white, the horses huddled with the masses of caribou to keep warm. Winters had been hard and cruel there, but it was fun too, laughing and trotting to keep warm, watching the foals leap and gallop and test out their legs, before curling up under the horses' hooves, where the snow had been scraped away to reveal dry dirt emanating gentle heat. She missed her homeland, but not as much as each little figure. Blackfoot, the proud black Friesian Percheron cross that was her mother. Whitewood, the Gypsy Vanner, her kind father. Tirala, Lunalu, Thalium- the prancing fillies and the colt, each respectively, bright and cheerful and hopping and bouncing. Now, they would be yearlings, two years old at least. They would begin traveling by themselves, relying less and less on their parents... Daisy, Whisper, Nirana, all of Tor's close friends, except perhaps Nirana, who Tor had always clashed with about selfishness. Still, Tor missed them.

Now she had Ophelia. And Paladin. But that was all, really. Tor shifted her stance, warm brown eyes catching glimpse of another hornless mare not too far away. With silent, massive, feet, Tor walked over, head low and relaxed. "Hello."

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: 450

Unregistered

INSANITY

Tell me would you kill to save a life?

She was quiet for a time, merely pondering the world and how it rotated around her, losing momentum for a while as the Steppe grew silent around her. It was a queer feeling that made her heart pause its incessant beating and made her lids close and conceal the murky depths of eyes that had seen far too much sadness. She longed for the forgiveness of her past transgressions and beneath such a cool exterior lay a fiery core that was now exposed and raw with hurt. A soft groan escaped her lips and the sound shocked her own ears against the deafening quiet that infected not only the atmosphere but her heart as well. However, this moment of pure isolation was short-lived as the crunch of hardened ground alerted her to the approach of a large pallid mare.

She was a passive beast, much larger than the little shadowed mare, but this did not worry the small animal; she was beyond fear as of late. Only anxious thoughts of redemption had caused her such unease in the past few weeks. The larger mare was kind and seemingly gentle upon her entrance and Insanity was glad to welcome her with open arms. “Why hello…” She was unsure of what to say to the girl, due to her unexpected approach, but she felt confident in the commanding silence that she brought with her. There was no pressure in her greeting, no prodding and ultimately Insanity felt safe with the draft at her side. She really wouldn’t mind keeping her there if her guest chose to stay.

[Ooc: I'm sorry, I didn't want to keep you waiting and the quality of this post sucks]

[Image: insanityu.png]

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

TOR

Quiet. A sweet silence, a gentle one that lulled you and rocked you, made your tongue fall asleep, made you want to ponder and wonder and think. At least, that is what Tor thought to herself. The tobiano didn't feel the need to speak to the smaller mare, instead continuing to revisit former horses, former family members. One gray hoof rested under her, relieving some of the constant weight ever pushing it into the frozen sod. It was a quiet solitude with this brown mare and the white. Despite the fact being strangers, it felt safe and gentle, like they were cocooned in their own little world, not completely oblivious to each other, but apart, dreaming in their own ways.

The healer sighed, mind drifting farther and farther away as memories came trickling back, in rhythm to the shush-shush of the frigid ocean lapping at the white ice. It was strange how different yet similar this land was. Here, real gods walked, bizarre and wild, bad-tempered and mysterious, totally... unreal. At Li'Nal, the Great One was the goddess, a dove who could take on any shape in the land, the model of kindness and a rewarder of those who committed only good deeds. In a way, Tor had unknowingly made herself the Great One, the mortal version, although the painted mare had no idea she had done such a thing, despite always trying to model herself after the dove. In Li'Nal, the Great One had never been seen, except for vague rumors of the Ki:Kin:On, a shrine where the white bird rested her wings when tired of bringing justice to the world.

Lovely brown eyes suddenly came to focus on the ocean, admiring the swirl and lap of iron water, gray rimmed with white foam, rippled with veins of blue. It was only then did the mare realize it would perhaps be best if she introduced herself. "I'm Tor, a healer." The mare said quietly, not wishing to break the fragile silence.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count:

Unregistered

INSANITY

Tell me would you kill to save a life?

She is silent still, no words forming in her throat to return the other mare’s sentiment. It is as if the little shadow is contemplating a response, ever so slowly as it stands. She looks upon the other for a moment, revealing only patience within warm, brown eyes. Thoughts flutter aimlessly through her head and with a sigh of resignation, she speaks soft words of endearment. “Insanity, Foothills Shadow.” She rests her gaze upon the draft, equally harmonious in tune to the raven who bears friendships with the silence that engulfs them both. However, in that moment the bond is broken and Insanity knows that she cannot elude conversation much longer. But in the remaining seconds that tick, tick, tick for what seems like an eternity, she ponders much more than what had brought the pale ghost to her side but chooses to ignore all else in favor of her companion.

I suppose there is a viable reason for your visitation in the Steppe? Do share why I find you in my company.” These were not words that should evoke tremors of questionable ruthlessness, but instead soft whispers that inquire of the past, of stories to be shared, and of ties that she Insanity wished to be unbreakable. There were not many that understood the refuge that the shadow sought near the seaside and she was grateful that she had not been the only one. She could only image the briny gusts of ocean air that purified her soul from the inside out and this brought a blissful smile to her face, one that would bear no meaning to Tor. However, she was helpless to evade it, helpless to welcome new thoughts of Avalon and the great memories she shared with such a land. It had seen far more than Insanity could ever grasp in her short time upon its dirt, but she felt a deep connection to her true home, one that left her heart broken as she had left it upon the ashes after the empire’s ruin.

She returned her thoughtful reverie to Tor, pondering all the while. What dark tales do you have to share my friend? It was a curious thought that made her shiver, hoping that she would never have to hear of a life so filled with destruction and torment. Her own heart’s sadness was enough to burden, let alone carry that of another’s.

[W/C: 400]

[Image: insanityu.png]

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

TOR

Insanity. It was a strange name, and it seemed to hold all of the world's bizarreness in its depths. Someone else may wonder why ever in the world a horse would walk around bearing the name of the disease of madness- perhaps that certain horse was, in fact, mad itself. But Tor's constantly selfless nature, belief in better lives, did not dispose her to such thoughts. More seconds slip by, water elusively slipping through fingers, until conversation must be held again. Insanity poses a inquiring question, yet it does not press on the fringes of Tor's mind, instead holding a plain curiosity. "Well, friend, I'm in an alliance with the ex-Edge and those who need my healing skills. I'm not one to leave horses, unicorns, or pegasi suffering just because of their wrongdoings." Not wanting to betray her allegiance to Mauja and his band of followers, she doesn't speak of those injured, nor the colts and fillies, not of Mauja himself. "It's a rather delicate matter, and I would prefer if you perhaps kept such news to yourself." Tor courteously continues, her meaning clear but her voice remaining soft and well-spoken on the ears.

"And what of you, Insanity?" Why would this mare, of equal age of Tor, be wandering in this cold when there was a herd to care for her?

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Unregistered

She had never heard of the Ex-Edge, but the name slipped nimbly through one ear and out the other. She had never heard of the band nor of its leader and she had no intentions to ask. However, what she did intend to indulge in was the friendly conversation thereafter. “I come to the Steppe to find solace. At one time I thought I had found a place in which I felt at ease, but that place is long ruined… destroyed by ash.” It was a sorrow story that she sung and she didn’t ask for pity, just a mere understanding of why she was traveling about Helovia seeking a niche that she could call her own. Gazing out against the snowy peaks, the small raven felt that the Steppe wasn’t going to replace the Oceanside but it was a good try in all definitions of the thought.

The frozen air that swirled around them both was sickeningly aesthetic and Insanity felt as if it infected her body. She was stiff and bitter at the thought of finding comfort in such a morbid place. At least she was able to find tolerable company in the Steppe, because she surely wouldn’t find serenity in the snowy climate. “And… not to worry, your secret is safe with me.

OOC: I'm sorry, I'm kind of museless... 0.o

[Image: 2ephjwg.jpg]

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

TOR

With a slight exhalation of relief, Tor wondered idly for who this mare was. What was the sorrow present in her tone doing there? What had accidents must've happened to make Insanity regret as she seemed to do? Tor took a few steps closer to the mare, pressing her white body against chocolate, and began grooming her. A simple small act she enjoyed, the relaxation of teeth scratching against ochre withers, comfortable with their quiet sentences. Soon, Tor should leave, not press on the ex-Edge's warriors and their bloodlust. A new thin trail of friendship, a bond, had formed between them, and Tor knew should Insanity call on her, she would come, quickly, silently. It was a friendship, a bond, of which while it may last, would be quiet company, time to share and cherish in the peaceful moments of the seasons. "Insanity, I will be leaving soon. Should you ever need me, you need only to call on me, and I will come."

[ooc: there isn't really anything to add to this thread :/ end here?]

Unregistered
OOC: No not much, let's just say that they end with an alliance of sorts and later on either will call upon the other in a bad situation that could possible strain their bonds w/herd?