the Rift

The pain I feel is a different kind of pain

Kyanos Posts: 3
Unclaimed
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 5
Sonayk
When do you know who you are?

The darker side of these woods, that's where you will find him. He doesn't know why he's there. But why not, he doesn't have a place to call home, nobody to care for, and nobody to long for.

His long and strong legs are pulling him through the rough pats while his mind is absent. He's struggling with his own thoughts go away.. stay.. go away.. stay these discussions in his head are killing him. How does anybody know who they really are? Now that he thinks of it.. does he even know who he is? His name is a fact, his parent thought it was a strong and fierce one to be known by. But does it tell who he is, what he likes or what he dislikes?

He lifts his head as he looks around, the surroundings are so different from where he has been. Branches of trees and bushes are swiftly brushing against his body and legs. The smell here is strange, or maybe he is. So many questions and he can't answer even one of them. An severe headache is setting up, it always happens when he overthinks too much. His legs stop moving. As he closes his eyes it felt like he can feel the blood flow through his veins, how his heart is pumping it around. It feels like everything around him is intensified. This day doesn't feel like it should be, although he doesn't know how it should be, these kind of thoughts are driving him insane. How can he ever get through if he can't even make a simple stúpid decision on how the day should be.

As he inhales deeply he opens his eyes again, the light blue eyes searched through the woods. Looking for.. for what? He doesn't even know what he is doing here, so how does he know what he's looking for. Due to the fact that he hasn't been paying any attention to what he is wandering into he made a step into a puddle which is a bit deeper as he expected. An weird movement shook his body as he regained himself. Jezus This a mad men's job. The mountains are rising high upon him, they are impressive. Everything here is impressive, maybe that's the reason why he feels so undecided. Then all of sudden his head felt like it cleared up, as if the dark clouds that ruled over his mind disappeared at once. He felt how the headache disappeared and how his body relaxed immediately. A little smile crossed his lips, and his ears came back up out of his neck. The little twitch in his jaw was gone. These moments are the ones he loved. The moments when he didn't have to worry if he would do anyone wrong, and he was able to think for himself again. With a fresh and good mood he walks along. Looking for anyone around, maybe this is the place he could settle down, if this could be the place he could call home.

Wandering through the different paths he enjoys the whole experience, everything came in like it was the first time he walk through a forest. The leaves that crunch underneath his hoofs, the sun which warms his coat. As he walks he noticed how the path looked wider so he took the opportunity to spread his wings. With a little hesitation he spreads them as wide as he could, pointing them side wards and having them shaking a bit under the force he stretched them with. The dirty ground is messing with his white legs, make them look filthy with the brown and black dirt on them. Even with the fact that he doesn’t look on his best today he couldn’t care less. For one time he has a good day, the past few months he mostly had bad days.  

Well, he would like to see some others by now. Or.. maybe he is alone here? Maybe this place is abandoned? He didn’t think so, he knew from story’s that Helovia is a place with a lot of creatures. He looked around but didn’t see anyone, his eyes worked overtime to make sure he searched every little spot where someone could hide. Should he say something? Say a word, of maybe just make some other sound? A little nervous he opened his mouth a bit. For the past few months he was alone, he didn’t spoke with anyone. He though about it, what did his voice sounded like? Is anybody there? a smooth, low and charming sound made his way out of his throat. He looked astonished, well, that wasn’t what he’d expected. The small grin on his mouth hadn’t left since he felt better. For once he felt great, but.. what if he gets a relapse. Exactly on the moment that he got an visitor.. His mood did a step back, he looked a bit insecure. This wasn’t the stallion he'd always been. And it annoyed him more than he thought.  

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The trees are large and grow close together, their trunks are thick and darkly colored, and the boughs overhead are so lavish in growth that the leaves block out most of the sunlight. What shafts of rays do manage to filter through, are cast in a greenish-yellow hue, and throw mottled patterns across the forest floor that dance and stir in time with the branches’ movements. Carefully, the blue mare navigates her way through the dense underbrush, lifting her cloven toes daintily as she tries to disturb the undergrowth as little as possible. Nimue, floating closely at her side, does the same as she swims through the brisk spring air.

The oceanic pair, as far as they can remember, has never ventured into this part of the Threshold before. It is thicker and more overgrown than the weathered paths they are used to, with very little signs of life, and shadows that never quite seem to dissipate between the crowded tree trunks. Tiamat breathes deeply through her nose, delighted by the nature’s strength in this region—but, knowing that many find themselves lost in a woodland as dense as this, she searches for any trace that they are not alone.

“Is anybody there?”

The unfamiliar voice slips through the maze of trees and draws the Mender’s attention. Her head rises as her white eyes glance around them, a muted whicker given to her companion before she alters their direction. “Hello!” Tiamat answers with a voice that is as honest as it is friendly, and a smile warms her expression when the stranger finally comes into view.

The winged stallion is standing in a thinner patch of forest, allowing them to settle relatively comfortably in one another’s presence. “My name is Tiamat,” she dips her head to him with a small grin, before she gestures to the little whale at her flank, “and this is my companion, Nimue; we’re from the Aurora Basin. Are you perhaps new to Helovia?” The mare’s head tilts slightly with her inquiry, while tulip-shaped ears slant forward to hear his answer. He is an impressive man—much larger than herself—and taking into account their location, she’d be more surprised if he hadn’t just stumbled into this new world. Either way she is happy to be in his company, and waits eagerly for his response.

notes; Welcome to Helovia! Would you like to be tagged? c:
Also, just so you know, the measurement of a horse's height only goes up to .3 hands (ex. 16.0, 16.1, 16.2, 16.3, and then 17.0, etc.) so Kyanos would technically be 17.3 ;) or 16.3 if you wanted him at the top of 16 hands.
“Speech.”
tiamat
we run like a river
runs to the sea
image credits
@Kyanos
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Unclaimed
Sonayk
He looked around, nothing answered his call. Maybe there is nobody after all? With a little sigh he began to walk again. Maybe this isn’t a place for him, but what did he expect? That when he walked in here there would be twenty others waiting for him, to let him know he is welcome here?

He shook his head as he felt his body and mind react to the depressing thoughts, his heart began to pound harder while he tried with all his might to get control over his mind again. He can’t be his negative self again. Not when he just regained his positive way of thinking. But then all of sudden he heard a sound. His ears perked right up, twisted around to hear where the sound came from. It wouldn’t be just a bunny right, or a branch which was moved by a light breeze? As he looked around he tried to figure out if there is someone or something coming his way, his blue eyes searched the bushes and among the dense trees. A vague smell entered his nose as he looked straight ahead. Someone wás coming! but what if they weren’t friendly? his ears turned a bit to the back, out of a bad habit he laid them in his neck as his blue eyes became glassy. As soon as the friendly hello reached his ears the look in his eyes changed. They became lighter, back to the original light and shining blue. His ears came back up and his body relaxed a bit. A sigh of relieve slipped through his lips.

His tail was rocking slowly back and forth, as he lets his glaze go over the mare. She was blue.. nothing like he’d ever seen before. The herd where he spend his youth didn’t have horses with such special colors. Also, they didn’t have any unicorns like the mare before him. They were just like him all a Pegasus. His eyes showed a curious glance. She had a lot of shells and seaweed in her mane and tail. Maybe she had something special with the ocean? Could he ask her about it? No! Act normal stupid.. Most of the times he just blurted out everything he thought. And when he had his difficult times with the changing moods and personalities, the blurting out was rather a disaster most of the times. She was different from him, but that wasn’t a problem. Cause he wasn’t happy with his being for the past few months.

Then all of the sudden he woke from his thoughts. His eyes had gotten an amazed look in them as he saw a little creature next to the mare. Due to his surprise of the creature he didn’t hear her name when she told it. For a short moment he tilted his nose to the creature until he realize what he was doing. He lifted his head as his eyes went from the mare to the creature. At that moment he heard the words that were said by the mare. So, that was her companion Nimue . A lot of questions came up to him. He heard some stories about them but haven’t seen one in person ever. Finally he tried to stop watching the little whale and his eyes met those of the mare shortly. shít what was the mares name she told him just a little before.. His ears turned a bit nervous as his overall appearance got a little withdrawn, I’m so sorry, I didn’t hear your name. I’m a bit ashamed to say but I was distracted by your companion. I haven’t seen one with my own eyes ever he said with his low warm and a bit ashamed voice. Trying to avoid her eyes as he regained his confidence.

A little breeze flowed through the feathers of his wings, it felt nice. He enjoyed the feeling while he remembered what she had said. The Aurora Basin? That’s a herd right? he followed his sentence there was a little grin around his lips Well, I guess it shows right? A newbie here. with a little spark in his eyes he finally dared to look the mare straight in the eyes. He moved his weight from his legs, the stallion didn’t had a lot of rest in his body, he never had.  Maybe she could explain to him how this land has been divided? Or maybe it isn’t. After a little fight within his mind he just blurted it out without thinking if there could be any consequences. Could you tell me about this land? Before I do more stupid things then I can handle myself he smirked while telling the last part. Well at least he was honest from moment one, cause he had gotten himself in more trouble than he had liked. This mare wasn’t that bad, and since she was here he hadn’t felt his bad mood came up. Maybe this place was good for his spiritual condition, could that be? Or was it just wishful thinking?

Note; Hi! yeah i'd love to be tagged! And i'm so sorry if my grammar isn't always what it should be.. I'm Dutch and sometimes i'm struggling gheh :3
I have changed the height of Kyanos thanks! didn't know it worked that way with hands, had to look it up from cm to hands haha.

@TIAMAT

At first, the stallion doesn’t react much when she approaches him. He doesn’t answer her introduction, he doesn’t acknowledge her with a grunt or other greeting of his own; had she not made brief eye contact with the winged man, Tiamat might have thought that he had overlooked her altogether. As the seconds tick by, it becomes more and more obvious that he’s fascinated by something—not by the blue maiden, but by the creature who hovers at her flank. Following the trail of his gaze, the Mender smiles to her companion. She remembers when she had first seen a Leviathan—the floating dolphin is still clear in her memory—and so she understands the amazement (or speechlessness) that seeing such an incredible creature can cause.

When he manages to come around, Tiamat smiles softly, accepting his apologies with a shake of her head and a twinkle in her eye. “That’s okay, you aren’t the first one,” she reassures him, chuckling gently to herself before she continues. “My name is Tiamat—and Nimue is a Leviathan, a cousin to the larger whales in the sea. She’s beautiful, isn’t she?” A doting glance is cast over her shoulder towards the little whale. Nimue, very much feeling the pressure of attention, would be blushing if she could. Instead she emits a high, short squeak before she wiggles herself closer against her bonded’s flank.

Grinning to herself, the sea maiden returns her attention to the stallion when he continues. He seems kind, she notes to herself, observing the bashfulness in his expression and the adorable nervousness of his posture. For someone who has just stumbled into an entirely new world, she can hardly blame him for being so anxious.

“It’s quite alright,” she laughs gently when he says something about being a ‘newbie’, her neck arching as she searches to meet his gaze. Soon after, when he questions her about Helovia, her expression brightens with enthusiasm. “Of course, I’d love to!” Her head rises and her tail curves cheerfully behind her, tulip-shaped ears standing erect as she contemplates where to begin. Ultimately deciding that it is best to stay simple and go with the broad semantics, she beings. “Well, this is Helovia. There are four—” she stops for a moment, catching herself as memories flood into her mind of that day, that day that had changed all of their lives…

…but it isn’t a discussion for someone so new to Helovia, so she continues quickly, “—forgive me, there are three herd lands: the World’s Edge, the Dragon’s Throat, and the Aurora Basin. I haven’t properly been to the other herd lands, but I know the Edge is a coastal territory towards the west, and the Throat is a desert island, in the south. The Basin is up north, nestled in the mountains; it’s a beautiful valley, with hot springs, caves, and a lake that never freezes. It is truly a wonderful home,” she sighs wistfully, forever fond of the land that has adopted her. She couldn’t imagine ever having to live anywhere else!

Clearing her throat, the blue maiden continues. “Within each herd there are different ranks that you can choose from: the seers, the crafters, the sneaks, the warriors, and the healers. I’m a healer myself!” She beams proudly, her white eyes shining brilliantly beneath the shafts of sunlight. “And, of course, there are the leaders,” the tone of her voice sombers every so slightly, remembering recent events and the death of her beloved Lord—but, she reminds herself that time goes on, and they must heal from his loss (however hard it might be).

“I’m sorry for the load of information, it’s a lot of words to process. Do you have any questions?” There is laughter mingled with her words as she looks to to the darkly-colored stallion. With as much knowledge that she has dumped on him all at once, she’d be surprised if he didn’t have any questions. Either way, she is happy to be here to help him adjust to the life he has found here.

“Speech.”
tiamat
we run like a river
runs to the sea
image credits
@Kyanos

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Companionless, Yael is of a different sort of ‘striking’ than Tiamat. What sunlight does trickle through hits her golden fur and gilded feathers with a glint that cannot be hidden. So she does not try to hide herself, nor seek up on unsuspecting strangers. It is a blessing and a curse, to always have one’s approach heralded by one’s coloring. Her great big wings are tucked tightly against lithe sides, tall ears up and alert for any newcomers who might wander into the Threshold as she once did, not too long ago. It is mostly quiet out here, much to the little foreigner’s relief. The Edge is full of kind, caring individuals who are loyal to their herdmates and want the best for their group, but goddamn, there are a lot of them! She misses the open sands, where one could stand atop a dune and look in all directions, and see no one and nothing, save for a distant oasis.

Even the skies are crowded, it seems. After a particularly distressing incident with an anthill and a Queen, Yael needs a bit of time to think. Why she chose the Threshold, she doesn’t know, but nevertheless, here she is.

Voice attract her attention, and when Yael comes upon a duo in the middle of the trees, she offers both the blue horned mare and white and black stallion a small smile. When her attention is drawn to the floating whale (how could she miss that?!), she gasps quietly and her smile grows wider. How lovely! And amazing! She’s caught the end of the Basin mare’s spiel and when she ends, pauses a moment to introduce herself.Shalom! Xello, I am Yael, and I am from ze Edge, vone of ze xerds she talked about.” And then, as if remembering her manners, the petite pegasus turns to the Basin lady and says, “I am so sorry, I deed not catch your name!” Back to the stallion - “But also like our freend xere, I am een training to be a xealer and a seer. Only I am fairly new, like yourself, and so am very much still learning about Xelovia” Hell, even someone who’d been there a whole season still has questions - but this isn’t about Yael.

“But I vould be xappy to tell you more about ze Edge, eef you’d like…” she finishes, finally, and shrugs a little, rolling her shoulders so that the glass necklace shifts against her skin. Just another one of the lovely, unexpected things the Edge could do.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Tiamat
@Kyanos

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Unclaimed
Sonayk

The grin on his face stayed for a while. He felt quite alright at the moment, with the few rays of sun trying to warm his body. The breeze playing with his manes and tail, and the vague smells that are floating through the air entering his nose. For a moment a shiver went through his body when he looked up again. The blue mare was still standing in front of him, it looked like she didn't care that he got distracted from time to time. And he was happy with that, he tried to be his best self while he had any control over his mind. Although it wasn't always possible.

He noticed the bright look in her eyes and he just couldn't help but give her a little smile. Her words reached his ears and this time he díd listen. Glad to hear she accepted his apologies. Tiamat and Nimue he repeated her name out loud appearently, it would help him remember it. She wás beautifull, so he agreed with an approving mumbling sound. The high squeek that was produced by the leviathan was a big contract with the calm an soothing voice of the mare. The mare.. he kept calling her that in his mind, he should call her by her name, Tiamat. And stop calling her "mare", that way he would never remember it. His eyes had gotten an absent glaze over it, the last time he remebered a name was years ago. The last ones that were important enough to remember, were names from members of his old herd. Her enthousiastic voice woke him from his thoughts. And the absent glaze dissapeared right away. He looked at her when she stopped her sentence, she looked liked she doubted what and how she needed to say what she wanted to say. His eyes tried to catch hers with a questioning look, she didn't nééd to tell him about it? Didn't ze want to? She just told him she wanted to, but why the hesitation?

Before he could overthink she started to speak again, and he let his thoughts flow away. The way she talked about the herds was nice to listen to, her soft and friendly voice wasn't a bad thing to listen to. He was intrigued about this place, it radiated so much peace that the just couldn't get frustrated. But at the same time he had some trouble to give his mind the same rest. She told about the three herds, but when she came to the third one, the herd she was a member from The Aurora Basin it looked like she brightend up, even more as he though she already did. It sounded like a beautifull place, maybe a place he could find his mental rest? When he though she could get any prouder she told him about her rank within the herd. She was a healer. So she had some amazing magic that she could use for the better. A smile played around his lips, he would have been proud if it was him to. And know he thinks of it, maybe he felt a little proud for her to even though he just met her. It was the way she let the words roll out of her mouth, the smooth, calm tone and the fire she spoke with that had a good influence on him.

He was glad she was the first one he met here. But maybe he was a bit to trustfull at the time, from this short amount of time you can't know anyone. Maybe it was a disguine of how she really was, maybe she just played around and wanted to get him on the wrong path after all. She asked him if he had any question, well.. yes he had.. but he needed to think this through, weigh his questions against the answers he was looking for. Before he could even start to think about which question he would like to be answered the most, his ears picked up some noices from an other direction than the blue mare. And again he called her the mare . His eyes shifted from Tiamat to a golden figure that became larger quickly. He positioned his body so that he could look at his first companion and the newcomer at the same time. Unwilling and unexpected he felt how his body reacted to a possible new threat. His muscles got tense and his eyes became a few shades darker. His glaze followed every step of the golden mare, from the arrival at their spot till the enlightend look in her eyes as she sees Tiamat's leviathan. Maybe she wasn't the threat he prepared for, are all the others here as friendly as Tiamat? The thought was far to positive for what he normally thought about. And that's why he just couldn't believe it. Nevertheless he ran his eyes over the new mare. She was well build, with large wings folded and tucked against her body. The golden glow that shined over her was complimented by the sun. She had silver almost white manes and tails which suited her whole appearance, the blue and golden mare were a nice couple to look at. He questioned himself if they would already know each other? Maybe they were in the same herd? But before he could think about it any longer the golden mare started to speak. At first he just listened to what she said, until he heard the strange accent she spoke with. wait what? He thought he had trouble finding the words he wanted to say, but this mare had a bit more trouble. For a moment a soft laughter left his mouth, which almost impressed him more than all the different things that came to him at the moment. He hadn't laugh in a while so this sounded even stranger to him than his own voice earlier. Maybe she was from a whole different place where they all had this strange accent? And so this was Yael, the golden mare, would she mind that he called he that in his mind? Yeezh as if she could read his minds. And she wasn't from the same herd, that was good, then maybe he could find out what would be the difference about the two. He shook his head slightly as he looked for the eyes of the blue mare for a moment. But what did he tried to find? Reassurance? Calmness? At the same moment new words found his ears, so she wanted to tell about the World's Edge.. That could come in handy, maybe the new mare should be given the benefit of the doubt. His tail rocked back and forth and touched his hind legs slightly as he did.  

He looked from Tiamat to Yael, trying to figure out which one he needed to answer first. He figured it should be Tiamat, but it was weird to continue their conversation and ignore Yael for the first while. Well I haven't introduced myself either so I will now. I am Kyanos. Don't be offended while  I answer on Tiamat's story He knew the words didn't sounded very friendly, even though he didn't actually ment it that way. It was one of his "talents" to make things sound more hostile than he ment.   Thank you for the quick explaination on which herds are where, the Aurora Basin sound like it has a wonderful home indeed. But you sounded like you hesitated... why? his last words were a bit softer than the others. From the moment he said them he regretted them too. Maybe he shouldn't have asked it while the new mare was there too. I do have some question indeed, also for you.. that where he hesitated for a moment, cause he forgot the golden mare her name, he thought about it for a brief moment when it suddenly popped up in his head I'm sorry.. Yael . And this whole situation made it more complex than he had hoped for. His communication skills weren't that great, and now he had to talk to the two mares at the same time he had some trouble thinking on what he really wanted to know. I guess I can't just walk up to a herd of my choice and tell them I want to join I guess The little grin showed up again. His voice had a playful but charming tone. But Yael and Tiamat actually.. could you tell me, why did you choose for the herds you are in?

"Talk."
Kyanos
To be irreplaceable, be different, or 5 types of different.

image | coding

@Tiamat
@Yael
OOC ~ sorry it took some time, had a really busy week. Will be quicker now!
Kya loves to be tagged! <3

The stallion listens quietly while she speaks her lengthy (and yet so condensed) explanation of Helovia. She had half expected his attention to wander off halfway through, or even doze off a little bit, but the man seems to keep an even level of focus, to which the mare appreciates. A smile rests softly on her lips as she comes to a close, sure that he has questions, but before he’s able to voice any, another equine comes to join them. Long lashes flutter as Tiamat turns her white eyes to the newest stranger. She (Yael, Tiamat soon learns) is undoubtedly beautiful, with skin of glowing honey and wings that are both large and glorious, not to mention the exotic accent that flourishes around every word.

When Yael’s attention turns briefly towards the sea maiden, her smile widens, and she nods a brief greeting. “Hello, Yael,” the angle of her body shifts to accommodate their newest arrival, “My name is Tiamat.” Meanwhile, Nimue has once again huddled close against her bondmate’s hip, peering underneath the curve of the mare’s belly to observe the gilded pegasus. The little whale is shy, but Tiamat can sense the Leviathan’s curiosity through their bond. Giving her companion encouragement through their mental link, Tiamat returns her attention to the two winged equines, focusing again on the stallion.

“A pleasure, Kyanos,” she is happy to have a name to christen his handsome features with, wholly oblivious to the inward turmoil and internal struggle that he might be warring with. While her own world has been blackened with recent events, she has been spared of many of the world’s larger demons.

Kyanos seems to have noticed this, and inquires about her earlier stumbling of words. “I did hesitate,” the blue mare confirms, inhaling a deep breath before she continues, “because, up until recently, there was a fourth herd in Helovia: the Hidden Falls. It was disbanded when their patron god dedicated himself to the entirety of Helovia.” She leaves it simple, delicate, because there is no reason for him to know why the Earth God had to abandon his people. It is information Kyanos should absolutely receive, but not today. There is too much that is good in this world for his view to be stained so quickly.

Flicking her tail around her ankles, Tiamat is relieved when their conversation goes on. A chime of laughter breezes past her lips when the stallion speaks playfully. “You could do that, I suppose, but it’d be wise to have an escort with you,” she says with another airy chuckle, more in jest than anything else.

At his final question, the ocean mare pauses, trying to organize the plethora of thoughts that suddenly flood into her mind. “I’ve lived in the Basin the whole time I’ve been in Helovia—several years now,” her smile twists crookedly, and she shakes her head, hardly believing that it’s been so long already. It seems just a short time ago when Lena had found her in this very land. How time flies! “I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else, it’s my home. It’s safe, it’s beautiful, and the people have accepted me as more than a simple herd mate—we’re a family. It’s wonderful to...belong somewhere,” her tone drifts off, thinking blissfully of the comfort of her beloved mountain valley.

“Speech.”
tiamat
we run like a river
runs to the sea
image credits
@Yael @Kyanos

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Yael’s never been to the other herdlands; the Basin has never sounded terribly appealing, as she is desert-born and desert-bred, and even a winter in the Edge seemed like an eternity of torturously cold temperatures. The Throat is appealing, and she often thinks that if she didn’t have friends and comfort in the cliffs, she might try her luck in yet another hot, dry home, where she could bake under the sun and practically blind her enemies with all her shininess. But as luck had it, Lyanna and Erthe (and Romina) had found her, had offered her care and sanctuary and a place to work out… well, all the missed connections in her poor little head. There are still many outlying dots and lines which lead to unresolved questions, but there are also strong and bright, new lines that are being forged. They would not exist without the Edge.

Kyanos and Tiamat. Wonderful. Names that she shall tuck away if recruiting does not go her way. A wing makes a movement to indicate that she does not mind that Kyanos continues on with Tiamat, or even later, when he forgets her name. “Ees ok, ze T’reshold can be a tad overvelming sometimes.” She knows from experience. Head tilted ever so slightly, the golden pegasus listens to Tiamat describe the recent events that have shaken up Xelovia, and then emotions that she is familiar with as well. A soft smile tugs at the corner of the foreigner’s lips, identifying easily with the blue woman.

She imagines they might be friendly, if they were to meet again. Two women cut of the same cloth, though Yael is made of sand and sun and Tiamat of sea and stars, it makes little difference in the kindness, the optimism they radiate. When she finishes and it is Yael’s turn to speak, her smile widens and her gaze drifts between the two before her. “I find ze Edge to be similar een vhat Tiamat says of ze Basin. I found myself een Xelovia at ze end of t’is past fall, and two of my now dear freends found me een a very poor state out xere… but vitout xesitation, t’ey took me een and offered me a place to recover and rest, vitout a time leemit or expectations. Everyvone xas been kind and supporteeve, which led me to choose to stay and purse a pat’ een xealing and visdom.”

She takes a deep breath and turns directly to Kyanos for this final bit. “T’is ees my t’ird xome, my t’ird land. I xaf found t’at often t’ere are many good places to call xome, and sometimes eet just comes down to vezer or not you like se veather!” A dry chuckle. “Ze Edge ees chilly een vinter, but temperate, ze T’roat ees xot, and I believe ze Basic is colder, yes?” Her last bit is thrown to Tiamat with a wink, showing she means no harm at all. In fact, she admires the horned woman for her ability to exist in such a climate. Yael would be a literal ice cube up there.  

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Kyanos @Tiamat

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please