the Rift

Memories Cloud My Mind

Moondust Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The silvery dapple gray mare walked delicately through the newly fallen snow. She blinked snowflakes off of her eyelashes. She lifted her head high, and her nostrils flared. She pranced in place. Then, she broke into a trot, frolicking in the snowdrifts. She kicked up her back legs and snow flew everywhere. Snorting playfully she started galloping. She saw a log ahead, so she went even faster. She loved jumping. She leaped over it gracefully, and slowed back down to a walk. Her breath looked like smoke in the bitterly cold air, and she shook out her mane. She turned left into a forest of colorless dead trees. The only thing she could hear was the sound of her own hooves crushing the ice. She needed to find shelter soon, and get out of the freezing weather. She lifted her head, and smelled the air. The only thing she could scent was the smell of ice. She sighed with relief because there were no stallions around this area. Suddenly, she couldn't stop the memories from flooding her mind. The deadly manipulative stallion chasing her down. Him catching her, and tearing a gash in her chest. Her screams of pain, and blood splattering the ground. Her eyes flew open, bringing her back to the present. She had a jagged black scar across her chest to remind her. She lay down in the ice next to a sturdy looking tree. Her body heat was so intense, that it melted the snow ice around her. She then fell asleep watching the snowflakes fall .

Abyss Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Abyss
"I must confess that I feel like a monster"

Were there no mares in this forest that were not dapple grays?

It seemed to him he had encountered an overabundance of them as he stumbled upon the dozing mare. The snow storm had kicked up once more, a blizzard sure to follow. He should wake her, perhaps he would save her from freezing. He knew of a shelter that he could hide her in for awhile. The problem with that was that with the stallions recent luck he was becoming fed up with the random mares he encountered in the Threshold. These were his normal hunting grounds and yet...he had only managed to conquer two mares. A third had attacked him, and this the forth. Perhaps she would be receptive to him.

"Awaken," he commanded after a moment, nudging her with his black muzzle on her shoulder. In doing so, he noted an ugly scar across her chest, the result of a fight perhaps? Perhaps someone had a feud with her. If she was anything like the last mare he had encountered he could understand the desire to harm or maim. After all, the mare had threatened him, her horn pressed against his chest. This mare though, in sleep seemed innocent. Perhaps when she woke it would be a different story.

Unregistered
Moondust felt someone nudge her side. Her eyes flew open, and she snorted in surprise. She stood up rapidly, and all of the snow fell off of her back. When she saw the massive black stallion, she reared up in alarm, and backed up several steps. Her body was stiff with fear, and her ears were pinned. She was filled with adrenaline. She snorted and pawed the ground. She eyed him warily. Their breath misted the air. The wind and ice swirled around him, and even with his black fur he was hard to see. "Hello. What do you want?" she asked quietly, keeping her distance. She prepared herself for him to attack her. For him to leave her another scar.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

In the trees hanging above them a small thrush sits. It hops lightly from branch to branch, feathers ruffling and re-settling against the cold. A triangular beak scrapes along the rough bark, wiping an early breakfast off.

Small eyes glance down at the pair below. Suddenly lonely the small bird begins to warble out a song. It is a pleasant melody, though laced with longing.

A cry from beyond sets the bird into flight. Its departure stirs the branch, causing snow to drop suddenly.

[There is no more to this RE.]

Unregistered

Abyss

Were there no mares in this land that were not afraid of every stallion they encountered? He rolled his eyes at her immediate assumption that he meant her harm. He did not, he only meant to spend some time with her, pass the day away in a most pleasurable manner. He smiled politely, meeting her fear-filled eyes with his charcoal ones.

"I mean you no harm," the stallion's voice sounded. He stepped closer to her, then recoiled when snow splattered across his maw. Damn birds, always upsetting the way that snow sat on a branch. He detested snow, and he shook his muzzle, grimacing at the feeling of the cold penetrating his winter coat.

"I am called Abyss," the stallion offered, hoping to gain her trust.

Unregistered
Moondust didn't move when he moved closer to her. She tried to decide whether she would stay, or flee. She expected him to be arrogant, or mean. She flicked her tail. She looked at the massive stallion; his coat was as black as a night with no stars, and he had a white stripe on his forehead. He was older than her, and much taller. She looked into his charcoal eyes, and sensed kindness. "I'm sorry, I guess you just startled me that's all." she said quietly, but seductively. She pawed the ground, digging up the snow, waiting for his response.

Unregistered

Abyss

She did not flee, a good sign, but he could detect no signs from her at all. She cloaked her emotions and in doing so enabled him no way to see what she was thinking or feeling. He was attempting to exude kindness, for of the last mares he had encountered, one had withheld her treasures from him and desperation was growing. Her words held a seductive tone and in that tone he read an invitation.

"What is a beauty like yourself doing out in such weather. You should be warm and safe from the elements, for should you freeze, a great gift will be wasted." The stallion moved closer to her, this time no snow falling upon his muzzle. He inhaled her scent, trying to gain an idea of where she could be from. It seemed she was unattached, as he was. He had no desire to join a herd, and he imagined he never would.

"Tell me, love, what is your name?"

Unregistered
"I am Moondust." When she looked into his eyes, all of her fear melted. He was listening and seemed interested. More confidently, she said, "I've been alone ever since my mother abandoned me when I was a newborn. I had to learn to survive on my own. Then, when I was three years old I was attacked and manipulated by a passing stallion." She closed her eyes in pain, relieving the memories."He was the one to give me this scar. He left me there to die, thinking that I would. But I didn't. I slowly recovered, until I was able to walk again." She walked nearer to him, and said "Why are you alone? what is your story?"

Unregistered

Abyss

Stallions harming mares...again. This did not surprise him, but the old shire preferred to use mares for more pleasurable means than a mere fight. Of course some of them...attempting to kill him...required a more stern hand. He had encountered his share of mares determined to impale him on a horn or batter him with wings.

"Ah my dear, it is a sad story, a sad story indeed. Let us not speak of it now. Instead, let us turn to more pleasant thoughts." Pleasurable was the word the stallion should have used, for those were the thoughts his mind turned to in a heartbeat. This mare...she was beautiful. To use her for such purposes was not beneath the black shire. And her tone had held such seduction in speaking to him originally. He couldn't be blamed for his responses.

"Perhaps, in meeting you, I will not have to be alone."

Unregistered
As she looked into his eyes, she realized something she hadn't felt in a very long time. Love. She felt it stirring around in her emotions. Taking away all of her fears. All other stallions she had met had treated her coldly. She had been alone her whole life, and that was about to change. . She smiled shyly, and walked up next to him. "You no longer have to be alone.", she said quietly but seductively. She touched his muzzle to hers. Her heart was racing, and she was excited. The icy wind swirled around them, making them nearly invisible. She shivered, and stood close to him, and even though they weren't touching, she could feel his intense body heat. "I honestly don't know why, but I love you. "

Unregistered

Abyss

It was all too easy. The stallion felt her muzzle press against his, heard heard her declaration in his ear. He smirked lightly, before pressing his muzzle against her back, inhaling her warm scent. She was a delicate flower. He did not share the feelings she had, perhaps he never would, but his lust rose in him, wild like a wave crashing against the beach.

"Let me show you?" he asked, his deep voice whispering against her ears, "Let me show you what you make me feel." It is like picking ripe fruit from the vine, taking this mare. He desires her. The need rising in his loins. Will she allow him access to her treasure or will she turn away?

"Abyss speaks"

Unregistered
"Let me show you? Let me show you what you make me feel?",he said his voice seductive and deep. Her heart was hammering against her chest. She flicked her tail, nervously. She breathed in his sweet scent, her body pressed against his in the bitterly cold wind keeping them both warm. She traced her muzzle down his neck, onto his back, and rested it there. She whinnied quietly in happiness and pleasure. She was deeply in love with him. There was no going back now. "Yes, Abyss. I will love you forever and always.", she said quietly. She submitted to him.

Unregistered

Abyss

Her uttered confession caused him to hesitate only momentarily, letting the words sink in, the implications. He would hurt her, it seemed inevitable. But he hardly cared at all. He took her offering, her submission, she was his. Later, perhaps, his emotions would take the helm and he would feel what he had done, but right now, he needed his thirst and desire to be slaked. She was temptingly beautiful and he could not deny his need.

"You are so beautiful," he whispered as he dropped to the ground beside her again. Her slender form was warm against his bulk and he pressed against her, sheltering her from the wind. She had given something to him, something precious and he had taken it. It was wrong of him, but Abyss...well he wasn't right.

"Abyss speaks"

Unregistered
"You are so beautiful", he said to her. His voice deep and seductive
She was pressed against his side, and she could smell his warm scent. Her icy blue eyes gazed intensely into his. "Oh, Abyss.", she whispered quietly. "Should we have done this? Did I make the right decision? Our foal might not be born healthy at this time of year. And this will be my first foal." She pawed the ground nervously, and blinked the falling snow flakes off her eyelashes. The wind swirled around them, blowing ice and snow everywhere. "I really don't know why I trust you." she said. "I've been beaten and abandoned my whole life. My heart has been dark and cold, and you're the ray of light to brighten it again." "I love you. Please stay with me."

OOC: I'm very sorry I haven't been online for a while. Can we continue this thread?