the Rift

[OPEN] [MOON] Synergy

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
toulouse

The Gods had been far from the specter's mind for almost the entirety of his short dwelling in Helovia. This had changed drastically with the coming of Kisamoa, or rather, the creature who wore that selcouth blob as a mask.

Toulouse finally turned his attention towards the Veins of the Gods, a place rumoured to be but a stepping stone to their realm. He wondered why Kaos didn't just attempt to conquer the veins or the heavenly fields - surely if there was a way to pierce the veil between the mortal world and the one where the thrones laid in wait, those would be the places to do it.

Striking his pale hooves delicately along the storm-worn rock, his pearlescent eyes crooning with a strange kind of fear at the magnificent lava that bubbled below the land-bridge.
It was times like these that the man ungifted with flight so wished to possess it the most - just one slip and he was a volcanos breakfast, yet if he had a pair of pennons on his back he could beat his way into the air to safety. How lucky the pegasai were.

The palomino had soon approached the shrines, watching timidly as the ocean's offering of sea spray littered his hide and the rock below. Why anyone, let aloen a god, chose to dwell here was beyond him.
Striding forth the specter sought out the shrine of the Mother; if he was to chose only one to follow it would be her. It would always be the creator of night, dispeller of light and mistress of wind that his affections turned to.

How did one summon a Goddess though? Was he supposed to do something to please her? Praise her? Entertain her?
Giving a slight huff, the gelding looked upon the shrine with disappointment and perhaps wishing this had come with an instruction manual.

Timidly the gelding strode forwards a pace or two and cleaned some debris from her shrine and then focussed his gaze upon the sky above. Should he kneel? Probably.
Kneeling down upon his front legs with one extended gracefully beside his head, the gelding spoke her name.
"Mother Moon"

ooc; using my VOTG pass from COTM.
Toulouse would like to quest for;
DARK X WIND :: can transform into a fast-moving cloud of greenish-black smoke to pull opponents and disorientate them

[restrictions: does no damage]

art: © x coding: © x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky

"I thought I would find you, sooner or later." The Goddess' voice was like the tearing of velvet as it crooned through the air towards the snake, followed quickly by her svelte lilac body. The horned man was much taller than she, but her figure still demanded and commanded attention. As she lifted her chin, star shine seemed to dance and fall from her mane towards her delicately cloven hooves. Her eyes, silver and pupil-less regarded the secret-keeping gelding with an amused upwards tilt.

"Although I don't enjoy members of my herd trying to kill the others.." She began, speaking of his not-so-recent challenge with Raeden, "I find your gumption admirable."  Her lips curved upwards for a moment before she continued. "Tell me, what do you seek me?"

The magic would be

DARK X WIND :: can transform into a fast-moving cloud of greenish-black smoke

Image Credit

toulouse

Eyelids enveloping his crystaline eyes, lips relaxed over his fangs, Toulouse waited in silence for the goddess. He remained unshaken and unmoved even at the prospect at beholding such a being, though still a timid and uncomfortable shift in his balance took place one or twice.
And soon her voice was heard amongst the wind. A whisper much like an echo, it spoke to him with what felt like the words of a watcher, a lover - perhaps even a carer. It was if her voice could soothe all pain and any grievance.  Why Toulouse felt such a connection to the woman of night he could not say, though it was clear he held a deep reverence for her as his eyelids lifted and he beheld the magnificent creature cloaked in moonlights and kisses of one thousand stars.

Like most mothers her words had been scolding at first, though soon turned to a warped kind of praise. It only caused the gelding to grin and flutter his eyelashes her way, stepping to his right and then forwards a pace or two in an effort to be closer to her.
"Oh they misunderstand me - I was only trying to frighten her. To be thrown from a great height is a horrible way to die"

The gelding's slinking step took him to the side of the starlit hybrid, inspecting her sky-born wings and lithe spine. Her question demanded an answer, though the gelding hardly knew what she would like most to hear. Perhaps the palomino wished to declare himself enchanted and see how far that got him in her favors eye, though still he was sure he would be one of many awe-struck men.
"Do others come for other things? All I wish is to look upon your starlit face for a moment or two" The gelding chimed poetically, a great smirk bewitching his face.

Toulouse had heard the tales of how the gods could grant magic, mythical followers and enchanted items fit for great battles. He wondered what services he could recruit from the mother of night.
"I wish a great many things from you. What I would ask of you is entirely another question."
He paced before her, opalescent eyes enveloping her own as he stepped forth and attempted to reach up to her, to whisper, to perhaps even feel her precious breath.
"I want the power of darkness and wind"

ooc; using my VOTG pass from COTM.
Toulouse would like to quest for;

@Mythical Request

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
For a moment the lady couldn't decide whether she was intrigued or annoyed by the gelding's tone and manor. He walked a line dangerously close to blasphemy, and yet she silently praised him for it. Would he slip and fall, and lose her favour all together? That remained to be seen, and yet she did want to see it. And she was rooting for him to keep his balance.

For now, she was intrigued.

Her lips curled upwards at the sound of his flattery, but she had to resist the urge to delve deep into his mind to find out what he was really doing here. Just as she didn't really believe he was only trying to scare Raeden, nor did she believe that he was here for just a glance in her direction. This proved unncessary though, as the gelding revealed the more pressing reason that he had ventured from the Edge to the Veins.

"Well then you've certainly come to the right place." She mused, pale eyes growing lighter as her smile crept towards her eyes.

"The elements I control are fickle and dark, though I suspect you know all about such things... Though they are not so easy to harness. Prove to me first that you can handle the power that you crave..." Her lips smiled as she pondered what it was she would ask of him.

"I shall give you two options..." She began. "The first and .. shortest of the two is simply to have a brief conversation with someone you don't...well, you don't quite get along with within your herd. Alysanne, Tembovu...Iona...Raeden...they would do, I think. Perhaps you could chat with them about your digestive issues." Her gaze darkened as her smile spread across her lips dangerously. "Secrets can destroy us, Toulouse. But if that is too much of an ask, then I would have you straightforwardly prove yourself. Defeat someone stronger than you, and steal from someone guarded. Both are simple enough, in their own ways.."

Toulouse must EITHER tell someone in the Edge (that he doesn't get along with) about his vampiricm, OR he must win a spar against someone stronger than him (with higher HP), AND steal from someone in another herd (if he steals successfully, and then gives the item back, no one would ever know it was him).

The magic would be

Image Credit

toulouse

He could see the deliberation upon her starborn face, her betwitching eyes switsting and twinkling. There was no guessing what she might be thinking - perhaps that was what intruigued Toulouse most of all. He could easily predict the thoughts and intentions of most he had come across in his lifetime. This woman - absolutely not.

Nodding contently when the Goddess mentioned that he had indeed come to the right place, Toulouse took a generous step back, at last, allowing the goddess a little more space.
what she spoke of only caused his lips to twitch and eyes to darken. Of course she wished for a favor, but by the four; she made it sound a lot harder than it was going to be.
He had full confidence that whatever task she gave to him would be one accomplished swiftly and easily.

Then she actually told him.
A growl escaped the predators throat and he turned upon his hocks, circled once before the goddess's shrine and stamped his hoof in protest - and then, he began to bark.
"How do you kno-!" He hushed himself, wondering why he was asking a Goddess on how she knew things. she was a Goddess. "NO ONE must know about that. Not ever!" The pale one grumbled, ears pinned and voice grumbling.
The gelding settled with a huff, listening to her other option with flattened ears and flared nostrils. When the words reached his ears his frown slowly erased, turning into a smile.
"You could have just said so, my lady" He scolded, turning tail. The Gelding was intent on making his moves as soon as possible.

"I will return soon, my love. Tutta"

Thank you!! <3

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS