the Rift

[PRIVATE] how to stick a landing

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Despite the fact that Alysanne technically knew how to fly now, her first instinct was always to walk. She still felt incredibly more graceful on the ground and couldn’t quite get over the rush of nerves that came with making a landing. She wondered if Lyanna or Iona (or the dozens and dozens of fully grown pegasi out there) ever felt that way, or if landing just became as easy as taking a step after a while.

As she had the last time she had visited the islands in Helovia’s southeast, there was a very serious debate over swimming vs flying to them. Though, perhaps, with the betrayal of Kisamoa the seas might not be as safe as she had thought… if that bone monster could appear, what else was lurking? Forests and meadows and beaches she all knew and understood but the world of the sea, of the depths that belonged to it, was unknown to her.

It didn’t seem worth the risk.

So she had flown - thinking everything was going perfectly fine - until she got to the part where she was supposed to land. As it did every so often at this part in the flying process, fear seized Alysanne’s heart and she felt like she just forgot how to do this next part safely. Even with Hemlock’s calm voice in her mind trying to explain to her she didn’t seem to be able to make her wings or her body co-operate.

“I uh… I think I’ll just fly around for a bit longer.” She called out to Hemlock who released a strange noise halfway between a hoot and a snort in response. “It’s a lovely day for flying, don’t you think?” Alysanne continued, not really sounding convinced. Though it really was quite nice. The air was warm and the sun had only just come above the horizon so the sky was a pale shade of periwinkle and almost completely free of clouds.

Perfect weather for circling around the islands a few more times.

Alysanne

art by duskbeguile

for @Ilios <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries