the Rift

[OPEN] what it takes [foal sneak lesson!]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
It was a beautiful Birdsong day, the sun shone through the treetops cascading along the mists as they stretched out across the land. It was early afternoon, a perfect time for a meeting. The task had been set, that Rexanna and a man whom she’d never met before, would end up teaching a few lessons in the means of what it meant to be a Thief in the land of Helovia. When Rexanna suggested she could teach a few things from her time back in the Basin, she wasn’t sure what she’d talk about. She had never been too successful when claiming items off other’s bodies, but she had been successful in gathering information. And perhaps it was a mix of both that made a great Thief – so she decided her point would be all about the information she could gather. So she set off to find Toulouse, the man who was to be her partner among the lesson.

When she finally found the champagne, she offered him a gentle smile and a dip of her head in greeting. “Hello Toulouse! I’m Rexanna. I hear I’m supposed to be your partner for the lessons on being a Thief for the foals.” She began, shifting her weight. Her joints were feeling much better now that she wasn’t carrying around the extra weight, and Safiri, despite having the second scare of her life during their birth, was already doing a little bit better.

My duties in the Basin didn’t really consist of stealing things, but I gathered much information over the seasons, I can talk about my experiences if you wanted to touch a bit more on the actual act of stealing things?” The ex-Thief suggested hopefully. “Of course we can talk about both and you can talk about the information, it’s just what I used to be best at so I figure I can contribute a lot to that factor.” She added in, knowing that she was blabbering but she hadn’t spent much time with others during her time in the Edge and it was showing.

Then, if they came to an agreement, she allowed the man to call the meeting and waited patiently for the children to show up.

"Talk?"
rexanna
darling, you have a dreamer's heart.
you mustn't let the clouds eclipse your light.
image || coding

Permission from Neverrmind to PP Rex finding Tou <3
Please wait for @Toulouse to post first! Then UNLEASH THE CHILDREN <3
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
tinker tailor soldier sailor
rich man poor man beggar man theif.

The suggestion made by the potty-mouth child had actually been a great one in Toulouse's opinion.
Start them young. Experience was truly the only way to learn, and besides - a handfull of little urchins to do some spying for the guild would be the least suspicious.
While this gelding had hardly ever been one for children, he would try his utmost to welcome these youngins with open arms. A wealth of primal knowledge was stored in the young, a rawness and truth to their thoughts. There was much he could offer a young aspiring theif, and hopefully much they could offer in return.

The end of his daily patrol of the boders took him ambling back towards his hilltop outpost, however it was as he made his first step of the incline that a shrill voice cause his ear.
"Hello Toulouse!" it spoke.
Turning his snakish nose in the direction of an amber woman, the gentleman looked her over cautiously with naught but a frown upon his face. Eventually it softened when she continued to speak, introducing herself and what she had approached him about.
He had no intention of teaching anyone today, though so be it.

A kind smile found his face, his crstaline eyes remaining still and un-smiling as usual. "It is lovely to make your acquaintance, Rexanna" he uttered politely, stepping down from the hill and into the grove at it's foot.
"Teaching? Well, it is a gorgeous day for it. Why ever not?" He rumbled, now stepping past her and allowing his long, crinkled tail to brush delicately over her ribs. Saying naught much else and merely nodding in agreement, the pale one looked sharply through the trees. Where would children be on a day like today? Only the gods knew.
"Children!" was his cheer "It's time for your sneak lesson!"

Soon a devlish grin has crossed his face, a smirk soon after it. "How about a little game though?"
"Whoever makes it here and tags Rexanna or I  without detection wins a special prize from the glaziers."

As he spoke this he sent a playful glance Rexannas way and then began to back up against a tree in order to keep a watchful eye on the grove.
Let's see how sneaky these urchins actually are.

ooc! The children must sneak up on Toulouse and Rexanna if they want in on the lesson!
If they are successful and remain stealthy enough to evade detection until they 'tag' either Rex or Toulou, He will give them a special prize. (One of the herd's glass daggers, plus may accompany Toulouse on a top secret mission!)
We will roll to see who is successful (doesnt get caught!) and who fails (is caught).
PS. sorry for the delay we were waiting to get permission!

I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD