the Rift

Tryin' ta fix my pride, but that shit's broken

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Attempting to keep a pegasus on the ground was like preventing the rain to fall. It was a an exercise in futility, because just as rain must surely fall, the day would always come when the well known and familiar just was not good enough anymore.

She knew it was foolish of her to fly, idiotic even; much like the rain she might break the next time she touched the ground, but in this moment as she battled the erratic winds and felt the rain soak her to the bare skin, it was all worth it. Worth the risk of causing irreparable damage to a leg that never fully healed, worth it to be struck by lightning, even if the skies seemed gentle enough at the moment - worth it, to feel the wind under her wings again and see the horizon unfold beneath her feet.

Just to be safe though, to make sure she did not deliberately fry herself or tumble into the ocean in case the weather took a turn for the worse, she headed inland and made her way towards the south, feeling it would be best to make the most of this forbidden journey while she was at it. Though the clouds appeared to have conquered most of the continent it was exhilarating to see the familiar sights again; her mood brightened for the first time in what felt like forever.

Coming upon the Flats, movement below caught her interest and without pausing to consider the wisdom of this action, Erthë circled downwards to get a closer look at what was happening. The mare that had caught her eye was vaguely familiar but not well known to her - merely one of those faces she saw now and again, not knowing how closely connected they could have truly been. The identity of this blue-toned person was of little interest at the time however. No, far more intriguing was the exuberance with which she moved, the bold, almost joyful prancing that cared nothing for rain or mud or dignity.

It looked like fun, and the pale girl felt her own energy surge at the sight. Feeling daring already, she suddenly folded her wings sharply against the sides and darted down through the air, appearing from above the mare's left side - or at least she was as she began the dive - and at the last moment she angled out and reached forth with a pale right wing, attempting to brush the soft feathers against blue-rimmed ears. Reluctant to land unless it was absolutely necessary, she tried to beat her wings and gain more ground again, tempting - no challenging - the other to follow her back into the sky.

Why stay on the ground when you did not have to? Why run, when you could fly?

PC: 1/3
WC: 470

Summary: Sees Ampere frolic from above, decides to join in the fun. Dives down from above and Ampere's left side, attempts to touch her ears with her primary feathers. Tries to gain height again, hoping Ampere will follow her into the air.

My body is not ruined by scars.
I'm a tigress and I earn my stripes

image | coding

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tryin' ta fix my pride, but that shit's broken - by Erthë - 02-05-2017, 05:10 PM