the Rift

Tryin' ta fix my pride, but that shit's broken

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Hope the wound heals but it never does, that's cause I'm at war with love
Never let a wound ruin me, but I feel like ruin's wooing me
Caught up in her revelry, Ampere did not see the pale girl that arrowed through the sky. Whether that was a testament to her embracing of this brief happiness, or to the neglect of her rank's duties, it was hard to say. Either way, it was embarrassing to be caught so off guard.

Ampere's skin leapt from her body, or so it seemed she she shied heavily at the abrupt caress of her ear. Her head flung instantly to the opposite side, its weight and motion pulling her body along with it, but in such a dramatic and explosive fashion of surprise that her limbs overextended themselves in their haste to flee. Her muscles roared and her right foreleg snapped up suddenly, causing her balance to suddenly be thrown onto the remaining three, and so it was she slipped and skid on the slop of the rain's ground. Her haunches splayed, her inner thigh burning as she stretched in places she'd never stretched before. As pain burned through her senses and rationality gnawed off her instinctual flight response, Ampere pulled up short, snorting with annoyance. Her tender forelimb was curled up towards her body, loathe to be placed down and bear her weight,

"Wh- -- appened?" Kygo's query cut through her consciousness as her baleful blue stare found and traced the ascension of the pale dove. The green parrot had flown on towards the safety of the Throat when the rain hit, not as enticed as Ampere by the weather. The distance made their bond weak, but he'd felt the abrupt plunge of Ampere's emotions.
"Nothing," she retorted hastily, "found a fight is all." She smiled, the competitive drive in her igniting as she struck out, her damp wings spreading to catch the wind she made as she ran (lopsided as it was on her tender leg).

The smaller size of Ampere, coupled with her speed and agility, made it easy for her to get airborne quickly. Her opponent wasn't much bigger, but she seemed to carry a bit more muscle than Ampere, which wasn't worth too much in the air with nothing to push off of. Even so, Ampere would have a hard time catching up to Erthe just with outright flying. She wanted to keep this spar light and friendly, it was obvious her opponent did too by that starting 'attack', but that didn't mean Ampere couldn't employ some of her more, special talents (too bad this wasn't a stallion or she'd have a bigger arsenal).

So Ampere reached out with her invisible fingers, attempting to pluck at the electrical threads that ran inside Erthe's body, as they did in all living things. Like strumming an instrument Ampere would pull at just the right chords, selecting the choice tunes within the symphony of that alabaster body to make her wings slow, if not stop. Ampere could utilize the confusion and the delay to keep flying and close the gap between them, her crazy grin of delight spreading, spreading, until her lips were pulled back to reveal her teeth. She aimed to dart above Erthe, reaching down to nip at the girl's withers, near her sensitive spine. If effective, Ampere's body should also block the height of Erthe's wings, further forcing her to delay her flight.

“Hi!" she greeted her opponent cheerfully.

Raindrops were tangled all over Ampere's body, caught on the edges of her fur like dewdrops in the morning foliage. Flight made the gentle rain more fierce, the speed increasing the amount of rains he encountered, causing her eyes to squint and her ears to fold back. The more rain that collected her, the less it looked like dew and the more it became an actual droplet, merging with others until it saturated past her hair and darkened her skin with moisture. Her feathers were a natural barrier against the water, but they weren't perfect, and eventually the wet would seep in and ruin her flight, so she'd make the most of it now; but she kept that in the back of her mind, reluctant to fly too high.

A: 1/3
W: 682/800

Ampere

image credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tryin' ta fix my pride, but that shit's broken - by Ampere - 02-06-2017, 05:36 PM