the Rift

Tryin' ta fix my pride, but that shit's broken

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Hope the wound heals but it never does, that's cause I'm at war with love
Never let a wound ruin me, but I feel like ruin's wooing me
Rain had always done something for Ampere. It had something to do with the cleansing quality, washing away grime and worry alike until she was a new horse. Feeling refreshed and revitalized it was easier to smile, to laugh, to love. At least it was easier to remember how anyway, or why you should.

It wasn't just the rain of course. The electric cat-dog that had enticed Ampere to travel through a portal had played a role in lightening her heart. Time had done it's duty to, a god of hers even if she didn't bow her head in prayer to him. Today just proved to be the perfect mixture of weather, thought, and patience that Ampere was finally able to spark again. Going tit for tat with the pale warrioress in the sky was just the kindling for her to lay that energy onto, fully reigniting. She'd been naught but a shell of the mare she once was, little more than a husk shaped like Ampere, but empty of anything meaningful within. No more, she asserted.

With her mind sharpening back into the ways of war with this little game, Ampere was keen on Erthe's evasive tactic as the nimble girl rolled out from under her. Talented Ampere admired, well aware of how many pegasus didn't seem to embrace their birthright and claim the sky. Thankfully Ampere did, so with nearly as much swiftness and grace she rolled the opposite way, tucking sharply on the one wing to divert her momentum into a tumble. The offending kick Erthe sent blew past her, harmless as Ampere dipped away. Ampere popped out of the barrel roll with lower altitude and a distance grown between her and the pale girl, but she timed it well enough that her arc ended with her facing the same direction. With a smirk the Mother of Companions took off after her chipper opponent with punctuated flight; Erthe might be just as at home in the sky as Ampere, but one of them was still faster, and that one was blue.

Except, Ampere felt heavier than normal, and the weight seemed to add a noticeable sluggishness to her normal pep. Still blinking rapidly against the sheets of rain they faced in flight, Ampere didn't immediately notice the growing ice creeping up her frame, not until the cold pierced the fire of her adrenaline and racked her body with a shiver. “What in the Sun's light!?" Ampere swore as she craned her head around to eye the spreading frost. Her flight slowed dramatically, but she tried not to let it stop her, attempting to fight through it with sheer will power. Ampere had always been known for her stubborn nature, and after slumbering for so long her character was in full tilt today. Too bad her body couldn't keep up with her heart, not after so many weeks of neglect and disuse. Birdsong had helped feed Ampere, but she was still underweight from her depressed diet, her muscles faded into thin cords beneath her sleek coat. She couldn't maintain her resolve, and that exertion, coupled with the cold, caused a tenseness in her wings that burned into her chest musculature. Wincing at the flush of pain, Ampere grit her teeth and opted for a different tactic.

From the ground below Ampere summoned the remnants of energy that dwelled within the decayed matter. Blue sparks hummed to life with a pop and a dancing light, faintly cyan. While Ampere struggled with her premature frostbite, her sparks combined into one heaving mass of lightning, taking the faint shape of an eagle (mainly for showmanship purposes). Unhindered by the cold, the purely electric bird would be shockingly swift. If Ampere couldn't reach Erthe fast enough, then she'd drive the girl towards her.

The hapless beast gave a silent scream as it shot up, slicing through the sky like a vengeful arrow, aimed just in front of Erthe. The voltage raptor was trying to cut her off, to slow her if not turn her back. Ampere all the while continued her icy flight, attempting to crash her iced shoulder into Erthe's haunches, hoping the cold 'armor' would crumble off in fragments that might nip the ice maiden in return. Meanwhile the electric eagle kept up its attempts at herding Erthe within Ampere's reach, until finally at her command it flung itself towards the girl's front, meaning to dash its erratic body against her pale chest.

“Name's Ampere!" she greeted not unkindly, if not perhaps a bit smug with premature victory. Stubborn and competitive as hell.

A: 2/3
W: 765/800

Ampere

image credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tryin' ta fix my pride, but that shit's broken - by Ampere - 02-15-2017, 02:15 AM