the Rift

shackled & bound

Revenant Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

REVENANT
i'm waking up i feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems grow

The stink of sulfur hung heavy in the air – rotting eggs that caused the dark gentleman’s stomach to roil about like a perilous ocean in the midst of a storm. His pale eyes drank in the splendor of this area though, appreciated its’ mystery, its’ emanating dangerous edge. Magic was at work here and ran rampant through the streets (so to speak). Wild like uncontrollable freights, one tract like a rhino in its charge… it was unsettling but also exciting. He could feel the stirrings of such an emotion rouse within his gut. His curiosity was heightened… but so was his wariness… and his despair.

That always lingered. It was always heavy. It shackled him with intangible chains – broken and trapped, trapped and broken. He would never be free. Never.

So there was great reason for distraction and Revenant had become a scholarly and philosophical soul. He hungered, O’ he hungered, not for powers (it was unbeknownst to him he could have them here) but for knowledge. Perhaps if he’d been powerful, Atalanta wouldn’t have betrayed him. She would have kept him as he’d kept her tenderly against his chest, close to his blood beating heart. Yes, this distraction would be a beneficial one for him. It would help him forget such cruelty. It would give him a purpose above solely Ophelia’s and the unmet Ktulu’s.

”Am I supposed to pray?” He wondered in a deadened voice as he came to stand before the shrines that rested precariously close to a steep ledge. No emotion betrayed his apathetic face – cracked the carefully composed exterior of ice. It was artful, it was masterful, and it rarely thawed even when challenged by awe.

OOC: I'm not entirely sure what God/Goddess he'd be seeking for the power I want for him. I believe it would be Dark... and Earth magic? I want him to be able to conjure and manipulate metal chains. ;)

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
"To pray without sincerity is the greatest offense to a God, Revenant," a voice spoke with the hushed tones of a wiser one than he. From darkness the Goddess of the Moon came forth, narrowing her eyes even as they were hidden by darkness, and holding her leonine tail high and proud. Her wings, previously folded neatly by her side, struck out to cut the air with a violence that suggested her temper was running high that dismal day- that she would have been more pleased to do anything than see the creature before her.

"You seek a power far beyond your worth, stallion. The chains that you seek could crush and kill, and yet you've never experienced such pain yourself," she began cryptically, letting her words slide off into a chuckle as they fell away. "Go from here and find your own shackles in the eyes of another. Return them to me, and only then will you feel the grip over earth and shadow that you desire," The Goddess concluded firmly and mysteriously. Above them a storm stirred and dark clouds gathered at the bending of her will; their shadow was mirrored in her eyes. He had one chance to leave and find another before the storm fell; he'd best begin soon.

[[Forge a strong relationship with another character to the point that he feels in some way or another bound to them, and then bring them back to the veins. You'll discover the rest of the quest when the two of you return. The power is DarkxEarth]]

Revenant Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

REVENANT
i'm waking up i feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems grow

She came for him – swirling shadows, darkness incarnate but void of the salacious intent that could be imposed on the creatures that went bump in the night. He knew better than to assume goodness or malice of anyone however menacing they appeared… and she was menacing. She stank sickly sweet of power and capability far beyond his. She could ruin him. She could sully him red and horror picturesque upon the slate ground but oddly enough he didn’t fear her. No. His pale eyes leveled upon her devoid of emotion, of feeling. She could cause him so much devastation… but he’d already been ravaged beyond repair. Broken, broken, broken.

’I’ve felt pain.’ Pain was when the streets were painted red with your daughter’s blood and you could do nothing to stop it. Pain was when the love of your life abandoned you and replaced you with someone far more important and esteemed. Pain was when riches valued more than life’s most coveted possession: another’s beating heart. ”You ask the impossible, I think.” the dark gentleman murmured blandly, matter-of-factly. ”I can feel nothing anymore.”

He wasn’t refusing her request… but he was confounded by it. He’d constructed his imposing towering walls of ice, of apathy, for what? For the Goddess of the Moon to command he thaw them and leave himself raw and exposed – shuddering like a helpless babe when faced with the striking possibility he’d have to care. He sighed deeply and relished the feeling of the air swelling his lungs, stretching his ribcage, and releasing an odd tension and restless he felt in his muscles and bones. ”Why do you ask this of me? Why?”

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
Above them thunder rumbled when no lightning had appeared- clouds gathered and wind howled, yet no rain fell. Her brother of the Earth was not in cooperation with her tonight; the other who could have aided with the storm had been banished long ago. Instead, shadow reigned and an oppressive darkness fell over the scene. Each word of protest the stallion spoke found itself assaulted by darker and darker shadow, until the world around them was pitch and one could barely make out the figure of another. "Whatever pain you may have felt in the past will do nothing to serve you now if you still seek a way to force it upon others," The Goddess hissed into the air, the thin veil of patience that she had crafted herself and repaired so many times beginning to fray at its edges once more. His attempts to assuage her, perhaps change her mind, fell on deaf and temperamental ears.

"If you truly believe this to be impossible, Revenant, then you may leave me and the choice to return behind. This is your task, if you fail to carry it out, what you wish will not be granted," She said matter of factly, her eyes narrowing and her stance growing more tense with each passing moment. The rumbling of thunder overheard accented her words and conveyed her impatience; she had little mind to allow him to stay for much longer.