the Rift

[PRIVATE] Can you feel my heart?

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy

The prince crept through the Edge border and fled far away from his home. Why did he even remain in this so-called herd? There was nothing for him there. Bastard children of his fathers ran around in happiness and joy. Was he a bastards son? Was he just there out of mistakes and broken promises? His growing golden horns shook with anger, deceit, hate, and confusion. Tembovu was never in his life, He had no father figure to look up to. The man was off boning his next piece of ass, making more babies, and ruling over their herd land. Why would the chocolate child be any concern to the elephant man? He was a nothing, he was not the son of the woman his father loved. Maybe then he would have the attention he longed for.

Sturdy long legs galloped through the lands. His heart raced, chest expanded and contracted with every stride. Blood coursed through his widening veins. He had to get away. He had to build up his muscles, become stronger, more powerful, and better than Tembovu. Pushing himself harder and harder, he was not weak. Zubari was strong and he was proud of himself. The boy did not need his father's approval on how he was succeeding or not in life. Small hooves thundered against the ground, roaring, and claiming the land as his with every stride.

Finally he came to a halt, his nostrils flared taking in as much air as they could. Flooding his lungs with the crisp sea air, Zubari watched the sun starting to set. Brilliant golds and reds filled the ocean with colors, and for the first time today he enjoyed a moment. Sweat dripped from his drenched, deep brown coat. Black spots blended into the chocolate swirls, and his growing mane hung in dreadlocks against his neck. Finally, the herd was behind him, politics were out the door, and he did not have to be a prince. He could be Zubari, he could be what he wanted, and not what the herd wanted him to be.
"Talk."
zubari
"I’ll take my bow I won’t make a sound I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

@Tembovu

Good luck dad XD lmao
image | coding
Lyrics

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
They say an elephant’s eyes speak the greatest language
‘Dark spot run away.’

The King’s heavy head flew up, blades of rich grass clinging haphazardly to his muzzle as his navy eyes darted to Mbwene’s expectant bright blues at hearing her words through their bond. Her wrinkled grey brows were raised, her thick sensitive lips pursed in an expectantly disapproving line. Despite the lush growth of Birdsong, the Elephant King was growing lean; muscle still clung thickly to his body, but it was more defined now, not covered with its usual coat of well-nourished padding. The Edge’s needs had superseded his own, and so he was attempting to eat whenever he could.

However, it seemed that the Edge’s many needs has superseded the needs of his son, as well—as Mbwene sent him the image of Zubi’s darkly spotted hide galloping away from the Edge, towards the shore to the south.

A long breath pushed out of his nostrils, and he quickly swallowed what greenery was left in his mouth, before he, too, took off in a ground-covered and earth-quaking canter towards the ocean. His body was already spent, his mind tired, but he still pushed himself after his son.

Thick limbs flexed in the dune’s deep sand has he bridged their final swell. His black nostrils flared, sucking in the briny air of the ocean that now stretched before him, set aflame by a rapidly setting sun.

Navy eyes darted along the shore, pausing once to take in the sunset, before finding the dark (no longer small, his surprised mind found) silhouette that was his son. He took in the two, bright gold horns and instinctive paternal pride flared among the exhaustion as he slowly walked towards the handsome, mahogany child.

“Zubi,” his low voice sounded easily above the waves’ quiet lull. He paused, at a loss for words, navy eyes closely studying the dark colt with a loving pride that only a father could manage. And then, “How are you, my son?”
What else could make you feel so much without a word?
image | table by neo

@Zubari

Please tag Tembovu.

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy

His chest shuttered with heavy breaths. His golden eyes took in every inch of color and beauty of the sunset. Zubari was at peace in this place; it was perfect. A soft breeze floated through his growing mane and tail. Closing his eyes a long calm breath entered his nostrils. The salt water floated into his lungs, and finally expelled with a heavy sigh.Then a rumbling voice broke the silence. It called his name then asked how he was. The chocolate colt did not dare to turn and look to the beast who was calling him. Golden eyes shut tight within chocolate eyelids; he did not want to see his father. For a moment he was silent, pondering, questioning, and holding back his feeling and emotions towards the Elephant King. He wanted to snap at the man and tell him to go away, leave, be with your family. Zubari was silent, only the sounds of the lapping waves filled the air. Finally, golden orbs opened once again. They revealed a broken soul, crumbled by false hope and love. His mother was gone, Katua was gone, everyone was gone.

Deep brown colors were brightened by the golden suns rays. Looking out to the ocean the boy finally spoke to his father."Why didn't you tell us about your actual family? " His words were harsh and cut through the air like a golden knife. Deepening tones whispered in the wind as he questioned his father. His heavy skull turned to look at the man. He wanted to see his face, feel his emotions, and understand if the King really cares. Orbs cut through the air has he narrowed his gaze upon his father. "Mom is gone, and Katua has not been around for months. Why don't you send out a search party like you did for your other child? Better yet did you even realize they were gone?" Heartbroken words spewed from his maw, there was no stopping what he had to say. Zubari was going to make how he felt very apparent to his father.

Then snatching his golden gaze away from his fathers the boy took a step closer to the ocean. Cool waves lapped over blackened hooves as he waited for the king's answer. "Everything has been about Rexanna and her children. It is like Katua, and I do not exist in your world anymore. You act more like my king that you do my father." Accusing eyes turned sharply to the large stallion. The fire burned deep within their depths. Maybe it had to do with the way he was treated at birth. The whole situation put a sour taste in the colt's mouth, and he had remained quiet about it, until now.

A long sigh escaped his mouth once again shaking his golden horns. "Why don't you just tell me I am the black sheep? I want to hear you say it. I was marked at birth, and don't you lie to me. I am the problem child, and Katua was always the child sent from heaven. Do not get me wrong I love her more than anything on this earth, but admit it you only ever felt a bond with her. You never felt that way towards me ." A coldness swept through his voice in shallow pained tones. It hurt the colt to admit those things, and to questions those things, but it had to happen. As his golden eyes widened once again, he looked to the sand below his hooves "Please do not lie to me father. I just want to know the truth." Maybe the boy realized that he was too harsh and sharp with the man. Maybe Zubari knew he could catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Either way, his voice was softer, more innocent than the previous rant. The chocolate spotted boy knew what he had to do to get the reaction he wanted. He wanted his father to feel the pain that he felt all this time. He wanted him to suffer deep down in his heart.

"Talk."

OOC:: Okay wow.. throw it all out on the table Zubari...
zubari
"I’ll take my bow I won’t make a sound I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

@Tembovu

image | coding
Lyrics

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
They say an elephant’s eyes speak the greatest language
At first, his son did not respond. The darkly spotted colt was turned away from him, silhouetted by the fiery setting sun; the only movement was the gently play of breezes through his silken, long mane and tail—inherited from his dam, as Tembovu’s was thick and coarse. The thought sent a quiet hum of sadness through the King’s heart, knowing Adaeze had returned to Dorobo…

Black-rimmed ears tilted back at the shunned silence he received from his child. Slow, heavy steps slugged through the deep sand, until he was just abreast of his son’s mahogany haunches. But he pushed no further, stopping his great bulk there and just…waiting. It was a pained, hopeful silence on behalf of the Elephant.

And it was rewarded…somewhat. Harsh words asked cutting questions, followed (finally) with acknowledgement by Zubi’s beautifully golden gaze. Dark, navy eyes met the caustic stare sadly—but not without love; for there was an unencumbered paternal warmth in the Elephant’s lined and tired eyes. And it would glow there indefinitely, no matter what barbed insults or questions his dark son threw at him.

The Elephant waited silently, only a few shortly expelled and pained breaths outwardly showing how thoroughly his son’s pain and questions cut through him. Only when the massive stallion was certain that his son was finished, did he begin to speak—picking through the tirade as he answered his son honestly.

“Your mother and I… we have a history quite different from Rexanna and I. I do not think Ada would have… appreciated my sending a search party after her,” and, indeed, given their uneasy past, a search party would leave a sour taste in his own mouth—it was too reminiscent of when he was forced to hunt the spotted cat in Dorobo. “And Tutti, I believe, is with her mother,” at least, the Elephant desperately hoped his sweet sunshine of a child was with her mother.

A long breath pushed out of his nostrils as his black-rimmed ears tilted backwards, before he began to address the more painful questions. “You are not a black sheep, my son. I have never thought of you as such,” he paused, closely and sadly studying the handsome, richly spotted face, “You have asked me to be honest—and so yes, it is true, you sister and I share close bond. But that is not because I do not love you, it is just easier for me—” he broke off, knowing that his words were coming out entirely wrong, and so he started again, “Zubari, you are my son and I love you deeply. Nothing— sisters, ranks, other children, mothers—nothing will ever change that. I have given you space because I felt that you did not want me near or close to your life,” a pained pause and blink towards the horizon, “And I am sorry if that made you feel any less than loved than Tutti.” A long, low, sad sigh pushed out of his chest.

Then, again, he began to speak, “There are many reasons I have not been open about Rexanna or my twins with her. They are not good reasons, but,” another deep breath, but this one filled with self-reproach, “At the time, I wished to focus on the family I had rather than one I had lost.” And then, when his voice had grown husky, he stopped for a long while.

His great bulk took a half-step towards his son—oh! how he wanted to hug and hold his own flesh and blood!—but he restrained himself, waiting for Zubi’s response for he engulfed him in a fatherly embrace.

“I hope you can forgive me, my son.”
What else could make you feel so much without a word?
image | table by neo

@Zubari I'm sorry I let this almost die ;-; we can end it here since it's old, or keep it going!

Please tag Tembovu.