the Rift

Now is the time

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

As things get underway, it quickly becomes evident that it is not just Kaos that’s pissed Spark off. Looking around at the small group gathered, remembering the numbers that had been here during my youth, I can’t help but feel somewhat in agreement with the God. Sure, I might be partly to blame, having ditched two years ago, and all that, but it can’t be all my fault, especially if the leaders keep wandering away.

Hearing that one of the Gods have left their herd behind to deal with the Kaos situation is a bit more than disturbing, as is the threat the Time God makes against everyone here, if things don’t change. Looking over at my blade brother, concern lining my face, I can’t help but wonder why he didn’t tell me things were so bad. I might have come back earlier.

The God moves to more positive topics, however, his first statement making me frown, wondering if he’s picking on Tiamat, or not. That he makes her Lady, however, erases that concern immediately, a happy glance given to the blue mare from my place alongside the General. She might be perky, alright, but I like her well enough. She’s always been kind to me, and has a way of looking at the world that I think a lot of people could learn from.

As long as she never tells anyone about our floral adventure, I’m in full support of her, I think, while Duir laughs at me. I hope she tell everyone in meeting, he teases, my happy smile for Tiamat becoming a scathing scowl, directed at my distant buck.

I don’t know the other lady, but I guess she might be okay, for a horse, only now noticing her among the group as being not-unicorn. The idea of being led by an equine is mildly perturbing, but the idea of my homeland being returned to the wilderness as a free-for-all hangout for anyone makes my stomach literally churn, so I will just have to deal with it, I guess.

I’ll be damned if I let Spark go back to doing fuck-all in the Time stream; he had a herd to take care of, damn it. Prince Rikyn is home! I think, filled with a newfound determination, forgetting, in the moment, my mourning, already contriving plans of action.

Art by Esa82@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Erebos silently approaches and to her surprise, halts next to the horned solder. Returning the General’s greeting with a nod of her own, she masks the little thrill that runs through her, remaining silent and observant, keen to see the members of the herd and watch how they act together. Are there noticeable fractures, or a sense of cohesion despite the different paths taken? How does the death of a leader impact them? Does the glue melt away?

She takes a moment from transcribing mental notes to greet her favorite blue mare and floating whale pair. To Tiamat, Wessex returns the smile with a genuine one of her own and brief touch along her back, glad to see that the sea maiden has recovered from the incident in the Marsh. The companion, however, gets her words. “Hello, Nimue,” she says quietly, eyeing the shy leviathan with a teasingly kind eye. “You’re looking lovely today,” she continues, before Tiamat’s words to the God pull her attention. Spark? Like the initial bits that light tinder? It’s kind of an odd thing to be the God of, don’t you think? But there are… other things that are clearly more important than his title, so Wessex shoves that thought aside for now.

Flanked by Tiamat and Erebos, Wessex can’t help but feel more... comfortable? No, comfortable isn’t the right word. Secure. Valued. Important. Validated. They are simple gestures, and the two who graciously offer them are more than likely unaware of their value and Wessex’s gratitude. That’s not to say that she has confidence issues; no, the newest soldier is simply keenly aware of her low status and is eager to prove her worth.

Which seems to come sooner, rather than later, when one stallion seemingly declares it open season on Wessex. He nearly bumbles into her, which is a not initially well received as she takes a small step back and narrows kohl-rimmed eyes at him. It isn’t until the stallion’s rear end is shoved in her face that her ears seem to be glued to her skull. Hell fucking no. She is not above helping a herd-member out, but what he asks is embarrassing for her and inappropriate to ask a stranger - let alone ask it in front of a God. The trio of Tiamat-Wessex-Erebos aren’t exactly front and center, but as the God begins to speak and the stallion’s leather strap literally twitches towards her, she has to restrain herself from placing a well-placed nip on his ass.

He could go ahead and make a fool of himself, but he wouldn’t make one of her.

Because she is listening attentively (hard not to do when his voice rolls over them like thunderclouds, promising punishment to goof-offs and electrocution to any naughty little foals in its subtext), and as the God reveals bits and pieces of the past, it all begins to come together: Erebos’s grief, Kaos’s words, they all begin to paint a picture of this world she’s suddenly stepped into. And then her friend is named Lady, and Wessex turns her head to take in their newest leader. When the God has stopped speaking, she is the first to offer her respects and regards. “Congratulations, Tiamat,” Wessex offers in a somewhat intimate tone, bumping her neck again in the equivalent of an awkward handshake-hug combo.

W E S S E X

image credit

@Ode  @Tiamat
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Qeren Posts: 9
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 4
AlyGator
It had not been long that the dappled bay had been a part of the herd. She was rather... Well. Ignorant to what had happened in Helovia over the past weeks, let alone years. And the idea of gods who spoke to their subjects was. Well. She would have naturally made some sarcastic crack at insanity over hearing voices... But the problem was - when the God of Spark had commanded their presence - she had heard it to. And as rough as life had been she liked to think she was relatively sane.

Qeren felt... Obligated? Her movements had been careful, as she still had been getting acquainted with the lands. The miss matched eyes holding a curiosity, perhaps a tinge of worry over what could potentially be the reason for this strange call. The one she had come to know best as of yet was in fact Tiamat. he mare had brought her here. The others - well. She was careful. While wanting to belong it was difficult to really open up. Being around others had helped greatly. Felt... right.

The mare knew she should make more of an effort to forge relationships, with the others in the herd. If she stayed in Helovia - she would need a herd. A people. But she never had been great with people. Her sarcasm grated on some. Or rather, it could grate on many. Sometimes it was hard to know if she was joking or being pissy. But she should at least try.

She had arrived before the God had started speaking. Ears swivling towards the one whom commanded - he just had an authority swirling about him like nothing the tall mare had experienced before. Still Qeren stopped near the edge, feeling much an outsider looking in. Intrigued by the words spoken. When the god stopped she bit her tongue. Part of her wanted to ask what she could feel in her bones. It would have been a pointless question. Orbs searched. Finding Tiamat. Of whom apparently had just received a higher station. She would have congratulated the other mare, yet she was further off. Instead, she listened.

NOTE || oops here I am late to the party

"speech here" thought here

Going ahead and saying she'll be rated M as she doth not have the mouth of a lady.... #swearfest

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Look to love, you may dream—hope is home,
and the heart is free.
The ocean mare smiles at the gentle touch of Wessex, appreciating the larger mare’s steady comfort and the friendship that has blossomed so easily between the two of them. The half-healed wounds along the right side of her neck and cheek are bitter reminders of the real cruelty of this world—without the aid of the dappled mare, Tiamat fears what would have happened to her on that fateful day. She remembers feeling so impossibly consumed by Kisamoa’s betrayal...would she have been able to get up and get out without Wessex there to drag her back to safety? Truly, she feels indebted to the soldier.

Nimue, having been emotionally traumatized by the bloody outbreak, has also warmed up to Wessex. She had never experienced violence (or negativity of any kind, for that matter) before that terrible time, and is well aware of how the dappled mare had helped her bondmate, when the sheer shock of it all (the brutality, the blood, the hatred, the deception) had shook the ocean pair to their core. The Leviathan drifts briefly away from her bonded’s side to bump her round nose softly against the large woman’s shoulder, trilling a long, low sound of pleasure and basking happily in the soldier’s praise.

It’s only a moment or two after when another familiar face saunters up to the blue mare’s other side. She turns her head, smiling delightedly at the black stallion and nearly blushing at his compliments. “Nox, my dear friend,” she reaches to brush her nose against his, briefly sharing his breath while her lips curl into a small smile. Nimue, upon hearing her name, peers from underneath the sea maiden’s belly, and chirps a short, high-pitched greeting to the Medic. “You flatter me. Both of us have been doing well—Nimue is growing so fast, isn’t she?” Tiamat croons dotingly towards her companion, ever adoring of the little creature.

After that, it isn’t long before their patron god begins his address, commanding every ounce of their attention with his thundering voice and electric skies. Tiamat finds her ears slanting backwards, unease sparking from the terrifying truth of his words. His threats are more than enough to call her to action, to instill a fierce determination to resurrect this mountain valley, and restore life to this beloved herd. And then—

“You. Perky water one.”

Tiamat finds her head raising abruptly, eyes wide as she glances once around her. “Me?” Her voice is almost a stammer, caught off-guard by the sudden fixture of attention, not expecting that she (a meager healer) would ever be personally addressed by their great deity.

“You will replace The Reaper. Don't try and fill his shoes. No one could do that. But lead this herd as you would lead it. Revive what has died here.”

“Replace the Reaper?” The sea maiden murmurs in disbelief, feeling so small and insignificant in comparison to the tremendous responsibility suddenly placed before her. Her initial gut reaction is to recoil, because—surely—it could never be done. But with the mental encouragement of her companion, Tiamat eventually bolsters herself up to the task, knowing that it would be a disgrace to herself, to her people, her god, and to Deimos if she were to shy away from this obligation now. She owes it (her entire self) to them—all of them.

Straightening her posture, Tiamat looks up to the God of the Spark with reverent resolve (and a bit of nervous excitement). “Yes, your godship, of course...I will do my best. I love the Basin and its people. I won’t let you down,” and with that, she bows her head respectfully low, until the length of her forelock brushes against the spring grasses. Raising her head to its natural height, she heaves a charged breath through her nostrils, her head a whirlwind of emotions. “Thank you!” She whispers enthusiastically, breathlessly, to Wessex, Rikyn, and any others that might offer her their congratulations, sending them a rhapsodic grin.

The rest of the meeting continues, with another mare being appointed to lead at her side, and while Tiamat has yet to know the little white woman personally, she offers her an enthusiastic smile of camaraderie.

When their deity goes on to discuss the disarray of Kaos, Tiamat listens as much as she is able to amidst the swirling of her mind. The god’s words are strangely comforting—Kaos cannot be trusted, do not listen to his lies. They have their cause, now, and there shouldn’t be any struggle between right and wrong (if only it could be so simple). At his request of questions, there is a part of her that knows she has a plethora of things to inquire of him, but in this moment, Tiamat is far too distracted to process them properly. She will have to wait for a later time, when she has had the opportunity for her promotion to sink in.

Tiamat—Lady of the Basin.

It’s all so surreal.

notes; So honored you guys!!<33
Mentions @Wessex @Mortuus Nox @Rikyn @Aisling c:
“Speech.”

image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather
Erebos
He watched the rest of them drift forward, trying not to do anything other than stand, witness, become rock and rubble and stone – otherwise he’d would’ve pulsed with frustration and irritation, notched another indented corner of his jaw. But there were plenty of distractions amidst the quandaries of lightning sparks and commands, Rikyn presiding near him (like the days of old, before they cracked and frayed apart), Ode wandering towards Wessex and hoping she’d oblige him with fixing that damned strap of his (she didn’t – and he tried not to laugh at the ridiculousness of the entire situation; that no matter which deities presided in front of him, the stag never seemed to be bothered). The General rolled his eyes, cracked a momentary grin, and assisted his cousin without a word, tugging at the wandering thread with his ivories, pulling it towards the billowing wolf’s cloak, and ensuring it managed to maintain security. He did naught else to the black beast, though there were several moments where he intended to nip at him for the sake of amusement, but the instant was scattered at the thunderous boom of the Spark God, and the attentions were solely riveted upon him, the blue prince, the young soldier, the boy who’d been abandoned.

Erebos had never known that Gods apologized, that they too sought amends for all the rues, all the regrets, all the rancor stored between their potent lungs and omniscient entities. He stood there, stunned, at the layers of remorse and repentances flowing from the electric being’s essence, and the only thing he could manage to do (besides start weeping, crumble into a puddle in the middle of the meeting, provoked into more sorrow, more grief, more agony), was swallow down the melancholy, and nod towards the Basin beacon. We won’t forget him was practically etched and sketched into the scion’s blood, because with every fiber, with every movement, with every motion, he’d try to ensure his father’s legacy wasn’t ruined, wasn’t tarnished, wasn’t annulled by the scarcity of others. “Thank you,” he said briefly, extending those sparse runes into the fray, bowing his head again – then listening to the ricochet of vexations after.

The Time God wasn’t one to displease – for no sooner had he bent his laments, did he begin to shatter the summits, the peaks, with his aggravation. Erebos hadn’t even thought about or noticed Hotaru’s disappearance, he’d been too occupied with grieving, with his rank, with ensuring there was something and someone out there willing to protect and guard the fringes of their empire. But she was gone too, and it was an altogether overwhelming set of moments: to realize, suddenly, they were without anyone holding them together. The Reaper had done so for what felt like an eternity; they’d never had a cause or concern to worry about the next King of Queen rising from the hollows or hallows – and now, now they had no one. He understood the frustration, the way in which they all played a part, the subtle segments of exhaustion beating down his brow, the way his shoulders and muscles ached after a long day, the way the whole land seemed absolutely desolate, running down, down, down into forlorn ambiguities. But the boy didn’t want to see them thrown out into the wilds, without a home (the one his father had always served – the thought nearly drove him to anger, to wrath, to contempt), and the God seemed to have understood that they couldn’t do it without someone leading them.

His eyes wandered to those named – the sea-girl Tiamat, the fairy Thief Aisling – and smiled, briefly again, hoping they could fulfill the promise of those left behind. “Congratulations,” he shouted into the rest of the throng, pointedly segmenting his perseverance, his drive, and his convictions into his steely gaze. I am your sword, I am your shield he wanted to whisper to them, he wanted to inspire into them, he wanted them to know that he could be counted on, because there’d been a time when Deimos had taught him what persecution and protection was, and he couldn’t go against it now.

Thereafter, when the announcements of who was next to reign had finished, their crowns assigned, their titles hanging from newly polished scepters, the General listened to the dialogue of Kaos and what it all seemed to mean. He’d been there, trying to tear apart the bone monster and his kin, witnessing one after the other fall apart, citizens and inhabitants of Helovia trying to band together for the common good, for the abhorrence at being foiled and tricked, and watching with cold, brutal reality that he couldn’t be touched, couldn’t be annihilated, couldn’t even be driven to oblivion. “We tried several tactics within the Marsh when Kaos and his bone monster appeared,” the youth proclaimed, trying to catch the God’s eye, attempting to reach towards the masses, have them comprehend just what they were dealing with. “No matter the method or magic used, it seemed to have no effect on him or his creation.” He wanted to ask the God if there was a way, a plan, a Machiavellian design to herald him from the marshes and drive him back into damnation, but the notion seemed stupid and barren, just lying there on his tongue, when the Time deity had already proclaimed he didn’t know. So, instead, the boy, with his gallant heart and mutinous, mercenary mind, segmented his vocals back into the crowd, proffering his support and notions. “I’d be willing to take some sneaks and soldiers to patrol around the area, and to see if we can discover any more information.” His gaze flickered to both new Queens, uncertain if they’d grant him permission or undermine his schemes already (forcing him to do it within covert operations, for his intentions were obvious, his unrelenting lineage both a blessing and a curse) – or if he was running another fool’s errand, leaning too far out for any purpose but ruin and disaster.

I'LL SHOW YOU HOW GOD | FALLS ASLEEP ON THE JOB
Image Credits
mentions @Rikyn @Öde @Tiamat @Aisling @Wessex

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Lena the Songbird

The roar flared along her ears, caused her head to bow again, made her eyes seek the ground and not the sky, not the stars, not the beautiful heavens – because they hadn’t been enough, and as the chains of command pilfered away, disappeared, died, the world hadn’t picked them back up again. They had to dig in, to whittle away, to carve their empire out of the residual flames, out of the mountains, out of the walls they’d sculpted around their hearts (and it was such a shame to even have the threat of being removed from their summits that made her shudder; because she’d been thrown out of the cliffs and watery, misty Edge before, and couldn’t live through it again). So, she forced her cranium upwards again, to find the appropriate angle in which to stare, in which to nod, in which to bow before the deity and pledge her soul, her heart, into the world she loved the most again and again and again – smiling when Tiamat was granted a crown (and who would have known, in those days where she’d just been a girl from the sea, that she’d rise into a beautiful Queen?), grinning when Aisling was met with the same potency and power (a fairy, once a Thief, now an anointed being). Maybe, just maybe, they could find their way out of this rut, out of this hole, out of these broken, tattered remnants of greatness, and discover it again. They owed it to the Reaper. They owed it to the Time God. They owed it to the chasm of peaks, of glaciers, of caverns, that they’d made their palace long ago – it was time to step up, to fight back, to be more than just collected ash and scattered embers. “Congratulations to our new Queens!” She heralded from the grandest smile, winking at both, tying her bounty, her wares, her allegiance to the shell maiden and the fey enchanter, hoping she’d be enough for them too, and that they wouldn’t be suddenly without a world of their own any longer. A fallen, forsaken God wouldn’t persuade them. Realms would not come crashing down around them. They’d be strong. They’d persevere. It’s what they’d always done – and she pledged it, down into her marrow, down into the furthest reaches of her soul, of her virtue, of her tenacious binding, that she wouldn’t let this empire, this kingdom, down again.

Image Credits

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu
Öde
The task at hand, fixing up his jockstrap, seems to be more difficult than Öde could have known. Wessex pointedly ignores him when he so pleasantly asks, even giving him a cross look, as if he'd come over and shit on her grass mid bite. He might have expected such disgust from a scholar or perhaps a crafter, but a warrior? Aside from healers they ought to be the most comfortable when working with bodies, and if she has any sense of strategy she'd notice his gear wi vital for unhindered movement - why it's something to be appreciated on the battlefield, truly! So much for herd help he thinks, ignorant to how his request is so utterly beneath her or embarrassing to her. Thankfully not all his herdmates feel that way, and kindly his cousin, arguably one of the highest in status in the herd, obliges him simply and swiftly. Öde proffers him a smile, and a low "Thanks!"

Now fully contained, Öde can better listen to his god. The Spark offers a rare opportunity- witness to his more mortal nature. Öde has been foolish in the past when he's thought the gods to be invincible and untouchable (a presence he greatly envied). The recent reappearance of Kaos, once believe to be dead, seems to prove such thinking correct, but Öde only saw evidence of their immortality. Such a quality certainly sets the gods aside from the earth-bound masses (some anyway, he thinks of his own lack of demise), yet there is more to being godly than undying. The disassembling of the Hidden Falls herd stands as proof of their more mortal veins, as limited in them as the godly ones in himself are, but still present irregardless, like wisdom teeth or an appendix; both are useless and can pose more than just an inconvenience given time and mischief.

So Öde listens, intent, to this revealing of that mortal hum that beat a slow, steady pulse through a reedy vein in the timeless god. He finds it interesting, if not ultimately devaluing, and so his tail gives a passive twitch at his rear. It's much more impressive when he begins to roar, the might of his entire being sinking down into Öde's very bones, the marrow responding to such an ancient maker with reverence forged beyond his conception. There's an undertone of threat to the god's disapproval, and Öde finds himself giddy with anticipation at such ultimate punishment.

New crowns are placed, to which Öde has little opinion, not knowing much or either mare or the queen just lost. Decaying for a year has a way of making you lose touch with everyone, and even before then Öde practiced his hermit-status, nosing about the mirror and the history of the gods instead of the people. So he doesn't congratulate or condemn - a crown, he thinks, isn't half as important as the god standing before them. A crown can be knocked off, it can be tarnished and lost, so he always serves the gods before the kings. Though he does lament the loss of his uncle, the great lord of the north.

Kaos comes into the conversation, with surprisingly little knowledge to be shared. The Spark once more reveals the inevitable limitations of godliness - for all that he knows there are still things he doesn't. Öde flicks his tail passively, but cocks an ear as Erebos speaks up, attempting to give some purpose to uncover the unknown. "I'm happy to assist you in that endeavor, General," Öde murmurs, red eyes bright as he turns them on the gray prince. Öde may be a scholar by choice, but he's best made as a warrior, for numerous reasons.
because what happens in the haruspex cave
stays in the haruspex cave

Speaks to @Erebos mentions @Wessex

Image by Smithers
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

She was doing her typical gathering and hoarding, clearing away clutter and fixing up the plant-life around her cozy little cave when she saw the flash and the brewing, swirling storm clouds gathering. His voice booms like a clap of thunder – a hammer to an anvil. Her pink nostrils quiver with anticipation and small amounts of normal equine anxiety. Phrixus ruffles at the static in the air and the pair look at one another in silence before both flying off (one by air, one by earth) toward the beckon. The raven cuts through the strong currents smoothly and below him the piebald unicorn tears at the soft, muddy spring soil and lichen. Her pale legs speckled with mud and chunks of earth, her wide feet splattering across the moist terrain. She arrives in slower motion, however, and by the time she reaches them her raven is settled on the lowest pine branch. She moves in to stand next to him, failing to look around as she gazes on quietly. She's always so goddamn late to these things.

When he barks at them she resists the urge to step back a little. His electricity crackles and snaps, she can feel the warmth of him against her front, against her cheeks and chest and she steps forward instead. Her eyes close briefly as he addresses Tiamat and Aisling. Both appear deserving, though truthfully Tangere stopped keeping up about sixty leaders ago – Deimos was her constant, the pole star in which stayed steady and never wavered, never left. Perhaps she's blinded by his death, or own selfish sadness, because nothing in her feels celebratory. The new Queens are, she assumes, perfectly capable and thus should be congratulated, but the piebald only wants to slink away. She waits though, shrinking away a small bit but not walking away until the God disappears.

Tangere
& Phrixus

image | coding

<3 she just lurks and hopes no one notices her, typical

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

as we walk in fields of gold

The little faerie is an odd thing compared to the small herd that gathers around her, or at the very least she feeling conspicuous in her other-ness. There are warriors here, like the slate colored stallion with the leonine tail and the scarred mare; there are the beautiful, like Lena and the sea-mare with shells in her hair; there are the unique, like Johnny (handsomer than any to Aisling's eyes). Aisling is none of these things; she is not tall, or strong, or lovely, or interesting; Aisling alone does not bear a crown of horns upon her head. There is a moment, as the Got of Time expels his frustrations where Aisling wonders how it is that she could have thought herself at home among such company, as different from them all as she seems to be. 

It is Hotaru's absence and her own perceived failure in finding the Pink Lady that lies at the root of this flare of insecurity. As the black-swirled patron speaks his displeasure Aisling's stormy eyes fall to stare at the ground near his feet. "WHERE THE FUCK IS HOTARU." The God bellows and the wee mare visibly flinches but it seems his wrath is stayed and when he continues in a softer voice she dares to peek upward again. 

The Master of Time's focus is bent on the ocean-clad healer and Aisling follows his gaze. The tension that gripped her features eases somewhat as he speaks of the future. Even without the recent unpleasantness, the Fae would have more than willing to help improve her home as the God warns they must, but no that warning lights a determined fire that she (in her capacity as Thief) is more that eager to fulfill. Tiamat is raised to Lady in place of the Reaper, and what a contrast it seems and even the God comments on it in his way. The Fae smiled at the blue mare as other offered their congratulations and thought to herself that she better make it a point to meet the new Lady properly after this meeting was through.

As cunning as the faerie had proved herself of late, even she was not prepared for the God's roving eye to then land upon her. Clever tiny one, he calls her, and the little woman's eyes widen in shock. Had she really discover'd the truth of Kisamoa before the gods? Yes, surely she had been there to see the God of Earth's reaction, but hearing it stated so plainly was a strange thing. As her surprise at being addressed mixed with pride at her discovery, both warred with her fear of a reprimand and such a flurry of emotions almost made Aisling miss the most pertinent bit of information: she would lead alongside Tiamat.

The words seemed fuzzy in her ears, outlandish and far away. Her lips parted around a shocked little gasp but Aisling could not pretend that the God's intentions were unclear. Images of Diemos and Hotaru rose in her mind, wavering pictures she had imagined of the kings and queens in all her tales and songs seemed to rise behind them, all tall and imposing, to dwarf little Aisling. Who was she to be counted among such company? Who was she to presume to lead? No one, no one...just a thief, just a little faerie. But the God's will was firm and who was she to deny it. 

Surety, determination, purpose; they blazes though Aisling like a wildfire, lighting her face with a brightness it had lacked in the past weeks. "As you will it. Already my service is sworn to the Basin, to it I pledge my life and light."Her head falls in acceptance of the God's words but in the motion is assurance too, a promise in her acknowledgement that she would not fail. Aisling will do what she can, what she must, to protect her home, her family. For that's what she has here, as different as she may be from them, as little as she know them, they are hers. Until Hotaru returns.

Congratulations directed at her join the ones that had flown for Tiamat and Aisling meets each with a gracious nod. Tiamat's enthusiastic smile is encouraging and that Aisling returns in ernest. There is comfort to be found in the kind face of of the blue mare and Aisling hopes that they will work well together. 

The General pulls Aisling's attention and the moment is sobering; there are dangers in the world, especially now, and it doesn't do to forget that. The stallion (the Reaper's son?), is another unknown, though she had been there to see him lead the attempted assault on the bone monster. From what she'd seen he was a capable commander but she is no proper judge of that. She nods her approval of his intentions tough quickly voices her own caution. "Aye, we should to learn all we can, but we'll need to speak before you go. My position will need to be filled and I would not have the Basin left unguarded while you're away." She flicked her gaze to Tiamat, waiting for the ocean mare add to her words.

@Tiamat @Erebos
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Albrecht&Strom
Another loose cannon, gone bi-polar, Slipped down, couldn't get much lower
His first encounter with the Basins patron deity is certainly a memorable one, the God of the Spark accusing, threatening, and tasking with varying levels of menace. The god thunders and crackles, wings of arcing electricity fluctuating around him, appearing and disappearing with the volume of his emotions.

The old stallion is both intimidated by and somewhat sympathetic to the Ancient, the former for obvious reasons and the latter for having watched his own kingdom crumble once, the joint disappointment and frustration of watching others neglect and abandon something you’ve worked so hard to achieve still a dull ache in the deepest recesses of his heart. Conflictingly, he also can’t help but criticize, to question where the god has been all this time. Where was he when the Laurelin left? When the Valkyrie left? When the Reaper fell? Where was he while his brother fought Kaos in the marshes? A herd is nothing without proper leadership and they’ve had pitiful little of that in recent months, mortal or otherwise, but this at least the god addresses, naming Tiamat and Aisling as the new Ladies of the Basin.

He turns to watch the new joint Queens faces, to gauge their feelings for the – unexpected? - promotions. Some of the others offer congratulations, but the old black simply watches, wondering if the Basin will see new life this Birdsong, wondering if a healer and a liar can assemble their forces where two warriors have already failed, and despite the open threats, he doesn’t truly think the Lord of the Spark would disband them, but maybe his surety is simply a lack of concern. He wouldn’t be all that broken up about it if they were made homeless. He’d miss the hot springs of course, but he’s heard that the Dragons Throat is warm year-round and already he finds himself hovering near the southern borders more often than he should, regularly following in the miniature tracks of his son.

"Talk."

image | coding

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Larue Posts: 45
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 1
smitty
larue
There were many already gathered, promptly heeding the Time God’s (rather irritated) summons. Naturally, the lemony yearling was tardy. Not because she wasn’t interested in the meeting (on the contrary, the little lemon drop wanted to know all things, such was her nosiness). However, she had been entirely wrapped up in setting up her next trap for a poor, unsuspecting Basiner.

So it was with heaving sides and flaring nostrils that she galloped up to the outskirts of the meeting—just in time to catch their patron god appoint her ma as lead. Her pink lips dropped open, shocked. Her eyes went wide, candied teal gems darting from Aisling to Tiamat and back.

“ ‘Grats ma,” were the only words she could manage to croak out, voice stolen by awe. Her ma. Lady of the Basin. Woah. Her gaze finally darted over to her pops when she found him, looking to trade a look with him. She had no idea her ma was such hot stuff. She knew she was head sneak, but now in charge?! She shook her head slightly, but a lopsided grin spread across her muzzle.

This meant she was daughter of the boss. That meant special privileges. That meant she couldn’t get in trouble. (At least, that was how her mind worked it out.)
sugar, spice
not everything nice

LATE LARUE INCOMING
@Aisling @Johnny mentioned

Please tag in all posts.