the Rift

[OPEN] Faith & Fear

Saoirse Posts: 55
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 16.2 adult :: 3 seasons [Orangemoon]
mar

The rain has finally stopped. The sun beamed brightly behind parting clouds. Saoirse walked out from under the cover of a few stout trees, and marveled at all the flowers that shivered with each passing breeze. Glittering from drops of rain imparted upon their petals. He’d never seen his home so beautiful before, filled with life that took on a mosaic of bright yellows, blood red oranges and pinks…

A soft smile presses against his dark lips. With an energetic trot he went about collecting the flowers with his mouth. The boy was careful to avoid the flowers sprouting from cacti, well aware of their barbs. Pain was not on his agenda. In fact, he was still sore from being flung aside by the bone monster. The brief mentions of that creature send an uneasy chill through his body. And with a quiet huff from his nostrils, he sets his focus on the task at hand.

Once his mouth is full with his flowers, the boy sets his sight on the Temple. With it’s ever burning flame rising above in the distance. Mother has never brought him before. And it has always remained a mysterious, holy place – too intimidated by its grand spires to enter the oval doors.

Perhaps then, it isn’t courage that brings him to its steps. That led him past the stairs and into the body of the temple, where the beams and the walls are carved out with tales of the other Gods.

He isn’t sure if he’s completely alone, or if he can actually be here. Saoirse’s small, pale hooves echo throughout the building nonetheless. Eyes agape as he crawls his way down the hall. His heart beats heavily through his ears, so much that it was quite possible he couldn’t hear any other able bodies milling about.

There’s something glowing at the end of the other chamber. And the boy wonders if that’s where Sunny is. It’s much brighter than the chamber he’s entered, set aglow by candles that provide an ethereal, enchanting mood that flicker with any disturbance of air.

The boy nearly stumbles into the Offering Chamber. Startled by the gigantic statue of the Sun God. Presses his corded tail flat against his rump, ears follow the same motion in their uncertainty.

In that moment he forgot what he was going to do. That he was slobbering over the flowers he’d meant to offer, still and tense. Half expecting the statue to move. So he waited, just to be sure.

Image Credits

Open! Saoirse has approached the Temple and wishes to give up an offering of flowers... XP

Vezér Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 17hh :: One year
Pare
A touch of wicked, A pinch of risqué,
Or your fairytale princess who could ask for more
The filly roved through the endless sands of her home her silver fleck scarlet eyes looking for something interesting. To her delight something did catch her eye. Something red and shiny was glittering in the sands at the bottom of the dune she was standing on. Her tail lifted high as she pranced easily down the shifting sand. Her neck arched as she trotted around the object making sure it wasn't something dangerous first. Her confidence grew with her second passing of the thing. She stopped her muzzles tensed nostrils quivering as she carefully lifted her right front hoof and pawed it out of the sand. Her eyes grew wide as a white stripped pelt bag thing came free.

She sniffed it curiously making sure it didn't smell like anyone else from the Throat. Of course she had no idea what everyone here smelt like, but she would be able to tell if a scent was fresh. To her pure delight she couldn't pick up fresh scent anywhere on it. Excitement boiled through her body as she turned her attention to the shinny Opal. Carefully the opened her mouth and reached for it. Her teeth closed around what seemed to be a handle as she pulled it out.

With a soft hiss a dagger fell free from the pouch. She laid it down carefully on the sheath and eyeballed it. It was twisted and looked wickedly sharp. Her heart hammered at the thought of showing her Apa what she had found today. She imagined his joy that she now had a weapon to defend herself with if she ever came face to face with an enemy. She grinned and carefully slid the knife back into the pelt sheath. Clumsily she tried to put the sheath on her leg, but it was impossible to do on her own. Snorting her frustration she looked up hoping to see someone that might help her.

A grey and red haired colt was slipping into the Sun God temple. She picked up her prize and trotted off after the colt. Surely he would be able to help her put it on, and she hadn't ever really spoken to anyone her own age in the Throat. Once she was at the entrance of the temple she paused and watched the handsome boy. He was about her age, with two spiraling alabaster horns and flaming red hair. She smiled and placed her prize between her hooves.

She watched him freeze with flowers in his mouth as if he thought their god's statue might come to life and attack him. Her dainty head tilted curiously as she watched him. She thought about yelling out a greeting, but that seemed rude. Maybe he was praying; she didn't want to interrupt that. So she waited quietly giving him what felt like forever before she finally gave up and cleared her throat. "Hello.." She suddenly felt nervous like, but not like the nerves she had felt when she had been face to face with the wolf. This was different, a kind that made her head lift up and her short white tipped tail to swish behind her.

---------------------------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 526
Tags/OOC;; @Saoirse
vezér

image | coding

Dragon's Throat Colt
mar

Saoirse’s mind wanders as he stares at the statue. Wonders about his mother, and of an absent, theoretical father. Was she alright? He thought. She had her moments of clarity, a place for him in her heart – from her soft coos, to her encouraging smiles. But more often than Saoirse would like to admit, she had also been sad. And he could see it so plainly sometimes; its source lost in the depth of her eyes. Somehow he felt responsible for that sadness, but wasn’t entirely sure why – other than he’d failed multiple times to cause her lips to upturn. And if he couldn’t make her happy, what could possibly resolve this long and warring sadness within her?

He closed his eyes shut for a moment, taking a deep breath in – the smell of the flowers, their pollen – filled his senses. Calmed the boy.

‘Dear God of the Sun…’ - the boy’s mind blanked. Was he doing this right? What if the Sun God preferred certain words and praises? How would he know to do either of those correctly?

A clearing throat startles such thoughts. His squeak is muffled in the bundle of flowers he has yet to drop, and does a quick 180 hop to face the stranger behind him. Ears pressed forwards, wings flapping out like a ruffled goose – all awkward like. He could feel the heat in his cheeks when he found the filly across from him. The sound of his heart, once more, pounding heavy and warm in his ears.

“H-hrowh,” he mumbles through the flowers. Then decides to place them down just off from the descending stairs. Trying to quietly dislodge the small pieces of flora that had stuck to his tongue. Offering plehs and thss echoing out unceremoniously into the chambers.

Before greeting the other he shakes his head in the cover of the dividing wall, as if that would knock some sense into him or something. And darts out into the view of the filly, climbing up the few steps to greet her.

“Hello!” He offers a shy smile in return. His leonine tail sways like a pleased pup. Imagine that! He’d been lonely for so long, Sunny must have sent him a friend to play with!

“Ah… did you come here to talk to the Sun God too?” He decides to close the distance. Abandoning his flowers, and prayers for the time being to seek out the vaguely familiar filly. “Say, do you know how to talk to him? Do you think he cares about that kind of thing?” He stops with a more comfortable distance between them, tilting his head quite noticeably, a flop of red forelock following his motion.

She’s pretty and different. There are no wings that sprout from her sides, or horns from her head - mother doesn’t have horns either (are his suspicious thoughts). But the spider webs that dance across her pale skin are momentarily mesmerizing. He may have drawn his gaze across them, if not for the pointedly red orbs that peer out at him. Oblivious to the dagger between the girl’s hooves.

Image Credits

@Vezér   :: ahhh, I'm so rambly >P

Farah Posts: 13
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 17hh :: Yearling (Ages in Orangemoon)
Emily

For months, I have watched this building from a far. After all, my mother had helped start it when she was diviner. I am so glad that she told me so many stories when I was little. Because now, it's all I have left. So of course I am watching as I see two smaller figures enter the church. Okay okay, temple. For the first time however, I follow them inside. My brown eyes look up and around, and I have to wonder slightly why i've never come in here before now. Even thought Momma told me she didn't help much, just helped get it started.... Well I feel closer to her somehow being in here. I wonder if I will get in trouble for finding a place to hide and sleep in here. It would be like Momma is with me again. I look down at the amulets hanging around my neck. Three of them, that I wish I could hide away in my mane.

“Hello!” One of the ones who entered ahead of me is talking to the other. “Ah… did you come here to talk to the Sun God too?” I begin to walk quietly towards the pair, not sure if either one had seen me enter behind them. “Say, do you know how to talk to him? Do you think he cares about that kind of thing? "I like to think He does." I say softly, entering myself into the conversation. I hope they don't think i'm rude, but i'm tired of always being on my own.

"My name is Farah by the way." I tuck my wings in tight, trying to hide the second set hidden under the larger ones. I want to fit in. "What is yours?" I ask, looking from the colt to the filly and back again.

"Talking"

Farah

Vezér Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 17hh :: One year
Pare
A touch of wicked, A pinch of risqué,
Or your fairytale princess who could ask for more
A soft giggle sounds from her lips as she watches the boy jump and turn to face her. She smiles brightly at him and flicks her head  causing her dangling earring to sway and shimmer. His wings fluttered and caught her attention. The girl wondered what it would be like to fly high above the land and look down upon everyone. Her attention is drawn back to him as he mumbles something. Laughter boils from her white lips as he makes hilarious sounds while trying to clear his mouth of petals. "Maybe your breath will smell like flowers now." Her voice was warm and playful as she grinned.

She watches him disappear then show back up in front of her. "Hello..." She says in a slow teasing voice trying her best to be cute and sweet. She watches his long tail sway behind him and she smiles wider wondering where all the hair had gone. She takes in his handsome spiraled horns and speckled grey hide. His eyes stood out starkly against his grey hide and shockingly red hair. Her eye lashed fluttered playfully.

He asks questions and she opens her mouth to speak but another voice answers. Her mouth closes with a snap her brow furrowing as she turned towards a winged and horned filly. She watches the girl her head lifted and ears shifting for a moment. How rude of her to speak over her. Of course there was no way the filly could have known she was about to speak. She was really actually aggravated that she had interrupted her private chat with the handsome colt. It wasn't like she would ever admit that though.

Her hoof moved out and slowly pulled her sheath and dagger closer to her, unwilling to risk the chance she might steal it. The girl struggles to keep her voice even as she answers the flame boy, "I am sure he does. You know, I've met the Moon Goddess. I think the best way to pray would be to be respectful, you have to remember he is busy. Just talk to him like you would the leaders. Make sure you always say thank you." She smiled at the boy then kept it on her face as she turned to the girl.

The grullo girl seems nervous as she shifts her wings around. She looks her over carefully curious as to why she would be anxious. "Nice to meet you Farah. I'm Vezér." She looked back at the colt wondering if he would willingly give up his name. She didn't see why not, he was with his herd. Some people were just like that though; secretive. Of course he didn't seem like the type to hold back. Hell he was standing pretty darn close to her, so why hold back now? She smiled warmly at him wondering how he felt about the new addition to their group. Even after the interruption the girl notices how his eyes roam over her spider web marked hide. Her ego swells as she watches the boy. She had never had a crush before, or even taken the time to look at boys; they were fun.

---------------------------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 528
Tags/OOC;; @Saoirse @Farah
vezér

image | coding
Please tag
Doesn't have her collar

Dragon's Throat Colt
mar

The webbed filly laughs, and makes him feel hot and silly on his cheeks. Saoirse joins in with her laughs when she speaks of his breath. Light and warm as they echo against the chamber. “That’d be nice hey?” He giggles shyly, half grinning and amused by her careful, slowed greeting. As for the eye batting – the boy doesn’t know any better, and assumes the filly greets all her new friends this way. Saoirse snorts in amusement, adding to the curve of his smile.

Despite feeling briefly caught off guard, he was warming up despite the circumstances. And just as he was about to listen to her response, another curious voice beckons the duo. An air of childish wonder ushers his steps forward, so that he’s standing comfortably with Vezér to his left. Ears perked and eyes glistening.

“Yeah?”

Vezér’s shuffling limbs brings his gaze to the dagger and sheath. At last he realizes its presence, and the boy is momentarily caught off guard. Wondering what the strange filly was hoping to do with it, or why she’d brought it with her to the temple. Blinking he casts those bright eyes on the tallest of the trio. Her voice appears different, off – changed, now that the other foal has made her presence.

He can’t be sure why or how, but he listens just as intently as he had Farah. Providing a light, and thoughtful hum to his lips.

“Makes sense,” he admits between them with a mumbling voice. Thoughts drifting.

They both offer names when Saoirse snaps out of his thoughts. Regarding Farah with a soft smile. “Hi Farah.” He makes out her wings, and horns – her body much darker than his. As if she’s a walking, breathing shadow illuminated by the light. “Vezér,” the boy nods.

“I’m Saoirse… I’ve never been in the temple before. It feels safe though doesn’t it?” He tries not to think about Kaos and the bone monster, but the thought rears its ugly head. And the boy swallows dryly with a small clearing of his throat. “By the way, what is that Vezér? A dagger or something? I hope you don’t plan on using it against us.”

The boy grunts and shoots her a playful glance. “I mean there’s no adults around. So…” He bounds towards Farah, leans his head to her and whispers quite loudly, “You get help and I’ll keep her pinned down if she tries anything funny.” He gives a playful wink and sets his eyes on Vezér.

“That’s pretty cool though. Where’d you get that?”

Image Credits

@Vezér   @Farah