the Rift

[OPEN] Little comforts

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

The Edge did not feel like home. Not yet, although perhaps no where really would. Isopia had left her hut and her hot-tub, and because of her forgotten memories, did not recall that she had also left the grave of her murdered child. All those things belonged to a forgotten land, abandoned by its deity, leaving Isopia to wander back to the Edge, where it all began. 

Looking around, Isopia decided that if nothing else, she really would prefer to have another hot-tub. It would give Zero an excuse to visit her (he did so love the hot water), and perhaps it could be seen as a peace offering. Vaguely, she wondered if Alysanne or Tembovu were nervous about letting her into the herd. She'd ended her challenge on fairly level footing with the King, and if she wanted, she thought she could beat him if she really tried. Now that she was a member of the herd, she could challenge them for leadership. Surely others in her position - a recently demoted czarina - would be looking to reclaim the crown. Isopia however, was not. And so perhaps the creation of something that the whole herd could enjoy, could be seen as an olive branch.

The task ahead was not simple. Although her memories of Volterra were gone, she was vaguely aware that when she had created her first hottub, she had not done so alone. That construction project only needed to be big enough for herself and one other. But if this was to be something used by the entire herd, Isopia would have to make it a great deal larger. 

"Better start clearing." Isopia said to Hubris, who happily began the task. Isopia too looked happy, or at least, as happy as she could possibly look. She was not one to show - or even really experience - emotions, but if nothing else, she appeared relatively content as she began to clear rocks, debris, and other things that would prevent her from excavating the land.

Isopia is building the Edge a hot tub! Feel free to come and help! :D

This uses her large personal crafting slot for Birdsong. 
Isopia
the mountain that knows
Image Credits

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

It was interesting how a particular state of mind could warp ones perception of both the world around you and the people that inhabited it. Only a few days ago her whole existence had been edged by the dark shadows of depression, summoned by pain; then fed until fat and oozing by doubt. Now, with those same shadows banished by a kind and healing light, Erthë could not find fault with anything. The world was beautiful, the spring sun comfortable against the skin, and no sad thought could smother the jubilant love she felt for everything around her.

Wherever she headed she got there by prancing. Not walking, not so much running either, but dancing along as if to make up for the year and a half spent dragging her tail in the dirt. Bouncing along like an overexcited foal, not even the sight of Isopia's regal form could dampen her spirit. Her interaction with the demi-godess had been limited and strained thus far, but today the young sage could not quite recall why she had found the mare so annoying. So what if the Mountain was a bit stuck up and literal with her words - that was no cause at all for annoyance!

Noticing how the tribrid was moving around wood and stone, Erthë skipped up to her with a cheerful grin - she was always smiling lately, so much that her cheek muscles hurt and she wondered if people thought her touched in the head.

"Hi Isopia, hi Hubris!" she said, and reached out to offer her nose in a greeting to the pair, far more intimate and friendly than ever in the past. "What are you doing, you two?"

My body is not ruined by scars.
I'm a tigress and I earn my stripes

image | coding

@Isopia - hope you don't mind me crashing! :D

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

NEVER :D :D

Because their first real interaction had been a more or less stationary one, Isopia did not really notice Erthe's suddenly healed state of being. And, unlike Erthe, without anything to really lift her spirits in a meaningful way, she regarded the prancing whiteish mare as she would normally have. The demi-goddess's large golden eyes took Erthe in as she approached, and Isopia did her best to mask her face and keep her body still, despite the fact that she wanted to flinch upon hearing the sound of her name.

Too many knew it now for it to be considered a secret, even so, she was caught entirely unawares almost every time she heard the word leave the lips of anyone other than Zero.

"Hello." She replied, aiming for polite but her voice was still rather clipped and academically sterile as it normally was. But, she was trying. Brightly Hubris looked up from his position, dropped the stone he was holding, and trilled a bright and warm hello. He bounded over to the icy mare, wings unfurled and streams of frigid air leaving his nostrils.

"I...we live here now." Isopia corrected. "And so I thought I would build a hottub. I ... I think that those in the Edge might enjoy having one."

The demi-goddess's ears flicked forward, as if encouraging Erthe to either confirm or deny this assumption.

Isopia
the mountain that knows
Image Credits

Chan

The dragon came over to greet her and Erthë smiled happily down at him, laughing in delight as his icy breath cooled her skin. It was a lovely way to say hello in her mind, and she returned it playfully, adding a touch of her own magic as she blew back in his direction. Not much mind, only enough to maybe make his scales lace over with fern patterns and for the air to glitter merrily in the sunshine.

Once courtesies had been seen to, she listened curiously to Isopia's explanation; at the news that they had come to stay in the Edge she grinned even wider.

"Oh you do? That's great, welcome! I hope you'll like it here, it's a good herd with plenty of good people."

She had to think a bit before she realized what Iso meant by 'hottub', but once she thought of the warm spring in the Basin and the pools of water that cascaded into the air around the veins, she nodded her approval.

"I'm sure they will. Winters can get cold around here, and I suppose not all fancy the trip down to the sea. For those without wings it is a way to walk. Would you like some help?"

Eager to be of assistance, she did not wait for a reply but bounded forward and set her teeth to a fallen branch that littered the ground. As the pungent taste of bark filled her mouth she began to drag it aside, grunting with effort whenever she had to pull the sprawling twigs free from root and crag. Once that was safely tucked out of the way, she headed for the next, and glanced at the tribrid mare for instructions;

"How big are you making this thing?"

image | coding

@Isopia

The bronze shivered with delight as Erthe's magic touched his skin. He clasped his hands together and trilled brightly to her, before setting off to continue to clear the area.

Isopia nodded distantly. "Yes.." She agreed, though her voice was almost hesitant. "I was born here, and it was filled with good people then too." Did Erthe know she had lived here once? Isopia had no idea. Did it even matter? Again, she didn't know. But what she had learned about conversational etiquette, was that offering unimportant and irrelevant pieces of information was often seen as being polite and being open.

Erthe's question was apparently rhetorical, for she set about assisting with the clearing of the ground almost immediately. Isopia didn't mind at all. She was eager to actually begin the work, and although she did prefer to be alone, she knew this project would take exponentially longer if she ignored those who offered to aid her.

As the mare asked about the size, Isopia paused. Last time she'd been around Erthe, she'd been criticized for being too exact. Though when it came to dimensions, Isopia didn't feel as though one could be too exact. Anything else would be uninformative. Right?

"About 24ft x 24ft. Large enough to accomodate several sitting in it at once."

Isopia
the mountain that knows
Image Credits

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
Yael might have walked past them if she hadn’t heard Hubris’ trill. Her ears swiveled to catch the sound, curious to see if it it really was the little dragon she’d met awhile ago. Theirs had been an odd interaction, and the little foreigner left wondering about Isopia and her cousins’ actions in Helovia. The mare bounced into her thoughts after Kaos and the Earth God appeared in the Marsh. Yael does not pretend to know the Mountain that Knows, but she imagined that the mare might be hurting a little, after all that. Children react… differently to a parent’s failures. Though she’s sure whatever emotions the demi-goddess is feeling, she’s keeping to herself.

Through the trees she spies Erthe’s telltale opalescent coat, and then Isopia’s red red cloak, and Yael calls out to them with an upbeat tone. Hooves move more quickly, from a walk to a trot, and she bounces over to the two women and Hubris as if she were literally infected by the essence of Spring. She takes in the beginning of the construction - the stones and branches - and catches the end of a dimension, ’24 ft by 24 ft. Large enough to…’ So, knowing that they are doing something on a grander scale, asks them a simple question. “Do you need some xelp?”

Yael always wants to be helpful. Nothing would be happier than to have them answer YES!
yael
by night, tie your heart to mine, and the two
together in sleep shall defeat the darkness

horse lines | wing lines | coloring & coding

-divebombs-

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Chan

The revelation that this was the birth place of the Earth God's daughter gave her pause. Distracted by this intriguing piece of information, the rock she had begun to roll aside tumbled a few times on its own, then stilled as she forgot to nudge it on again.

"I had no idea..." she said, tone softening into thoughtfulness. "Is it... has much changed since then? I know the leaders must be different at least..."

Realizing she had stopped working, the short young mare resumed her efforts to help clear the space, rocks and branches piling up outside the measured area Isopia had indicated. She had nothing to say about the exactness of the numbers; to be perfectly honest she understood the suggestion that many horses should be able to fit better than the mathematics, and relied on the other mare to protest if she did not make the space big enough. Crafting had never truly interested her, not beyond the use of magic in its accomplishment; and if she had recalled her own annoyance at Isopoia's formal and precise wording in the past, she would merely have claimed that exactness had its time and place and that this likely was one of them.

"When I joined the herd it was Mauja who ruled, along with the Bloodskald. He was never really around much, I never saw or heard about him until the Lady replaced him with another... The herd has grown much since then, almost doubled in size I think."

Not knowing whether Isopia was familiar with these shifts in monarchs or when she had left, Erthë mentioned them only in passing, so that they would have a common reference to base further conversation on. She did not mean much by it; it felt polite to engage in conversation, and it filled a silence that quickly could have grown awkward. Being in the good mood that she was, the Sage wished to get to know the new herdmate better - they were family now, and what better way to bond than to talk and work at the same time?

Speaking of bonding. As they worked, another familiar figure came to join them. Erthë blew a strand of curls out of her eyes and gave Yael a cheerful smile in greeting.

"Hi! I should think so, if this thing will be as big as I suspect. Do you mind, Isopia?"

image | coding

@Isopia

"It's the same, and it isn't." Isopia replied. Then, because Hubris shot her a that wasn't a helpful answer stare, she coughed slightly and tried to amend her words. "From what I've seen of politics, although things change, everything does more or less stay the same. Faults are found, there is grumbling in the herd. There are successes, there are triumphs and failures." Her slender cloth-covered shoulders shrug. "Kaj and Kahlua were the leaders, when I was here. Kahlua is my mother." She amended with another shrug. "I was born just after the Moon Goddess...well, after all those people died. It is because of the Moon Goddess that I'm even alive. I am glad to once again live under her rule."

As Yael arrived, the mare with the beautiful accent, Isopia almost smiled. She had been intrigued by the mare in the Woods, and was pleased to know that she lived in the Edge. She would happily have more conversations with the foreign mare, and likely would, now that they shared the same herd. "Of course." Isopia answered, responding to both Yael and Erthe at once. Her quad-horned skull bobbed in easy agreement. "For now, we're just clearing the land. Then once that is done I can begin to excavate."

Isopia
the mountain that knows
Image Credits

Physical labor? She can handle that. Yael may be small, but she is enthusiastic and mighty when she needs to be. “Eksellent! Ah -” she hesitates and chuckles (mostly to herself). “I deed not catch vhat you are makeeng.” And of course, sometimes the little golden mare’s enthusiasm gets ahead of her. Ah, but regardless of the answer, Yael sets herself to the tasks at hand.

She starts with an area of head-sized rocks that litter the ground, as if someone had been playing with them years ago, and then abandoned them to be reclaimed by the forest. With stronger hindquarters than forelegs, Yael backs into one, takes aim, and kicks out at it. It rolls several feet before coming to rest again. She repeats this process until the rock is out of what she thinks to be 24 by 24 feet. Glancing at the area with a squint, she tries to imagine several of the largest members - Tembovu or Gaal, perhaps - in the area, and decides that yes, that rock is out of the way enough.

On to the next one. She wants to ask questions, but she’s sure that all her questions - Fancy seeing you here, are you joining us, how are you feeling? - have either already been answered, or are a bit too personal for right now. So instead, Yael stays quiet and works and listens.

yael

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar

Ru happens upon the group on her meanderings. Habit now, that she would roam the herd as best she could to discern its features. There are muffled words that catch her attentions, scents that swirl before her – two are familiar to her, just barely. One reminds the girl of their tense meeting in snow-laden plains. The other is of gold, of a thick accent that had yelled at the lightning mare on the beaches. It adds a slight smile to her lips before she breaches through the trees, finally grasping their forms in the flesh.

A curious coo, half exclamation, half wonder greets the trio – minus the gold dragon. But he makes four nonetheless, and the mare still isn’t quite sure why these creatures follow their chosen (?) equids.

She stands nonetheless on the edges of their clearing, striking out a foreleg against the ground and tossing her head. Before settling her eyes on the newest, most foreign out of the trio – Isopia. Unfamiliar, Ru is vaguely aware of her appearance between realm happenings. Other than that she is a ghost that has made its appearance in the World’s Edge. Finally materialized for a purpose the young warrior was not aware of. Perhaps one of these purposes had to do something with the yard work?

Before she could commit herself to any assumptions, she quietly watched with a level hum. Flecking her beaming eyes across Erthë and Yael as they removed rubble.

Image Credits
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
As is peculiarly common for the painted man, he comes upon a gathering of women, preparing to create something, by the painstaking efforts they seem to be taking to remove brush, branches, and saplings from the area. He might have carried on, leaving them to their task, and he to his musing, if there had not been two among them who he knew; one of which, the Mountain, was among those he considered to be a growing friend, especially considering their shared interest in stones, and making. For a very brief while, he had served her within the Falls, but now, it would seem, they both served Alysanne, the gardener.

What a peculiar world they lived in, he thinks with a smile, wishing, as he comes into the clearing, that Letha was with him, to witness what teamwork could accomplish, in the very land he had first seen it, himself. All those years ago, it had been a great, golden dragon, not a bronze companion, aiding to clear the brush and trees, and the object in question had been a wall, not, well, whatever this was to be.

Ambling among them, he shares a smile and nod of greeting with his once Czarina, and Yael, as well, while giving the others a more humble, reserved glance, and bob of his muzzle. Seemingly not alone in his lack of comprehension as to what was going on, Yael’s question mirrors his own, and so he joins another mare, peculiar with her feather’s arrangement, among those who serve the efforts in silence. Finding a suitable task, the removal of a rather large, fallen (and rotting) trunk, his large hooves heavily thud against the weary wood, occasionally splintering free a large chunk, which he carries off to the side.

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Iso's gaze turned to Yael. For a moment she was going to correct the mare to indicate that they were making something, now that so much help had been offered, but she stopped herself. Forcing that sort of obligation onto the golden mare, despite the fact that she'd probably happily take it, was just not Isopia's style.

"A hot tub." She began. "I have magic that can create and heat rocks...and water magic as well. Once we clear the area, we can excavate a space large enough for a number of us to comfortably sit inside. Then I'll fill the bottom and sides with heated stones, and then put the water in."

Isopia's eyes glanced to Ru, a mare she had begun to spar but had been called away from, and so had left it incomplete. It didn't bother Isopia that the warrior did not come closer, although, she was more than welcome to. The small group around the demigoddess already made her uncomfortable, what was one more?

Insert one more.

Iso isn't sure what to make of Dragomir's appearance. Though she didn't particularly care, she wondered what he thought of her. Ex-Czarina and stealer of his items? "Thank you." She mumbled towards him as he helped to clear the area. "Perhaps your ability with metals could help with this..." She offered hesitantly. "Metal retains heat after all, or most do. If some parts of the stone were covered in a layer of it, it would keep the waters warmer for long. Or perhaps we could use it to make one side warmer than the others, to accommodate different preferences in temperature."

Isopia
the mountain that knows
Image Credits

She would have welcomed a gentle correction, enjoyed the feeling of taking part in something bigger than herself - something she could not make at this point in her life. If they wanted instruction on how to make a magic, self-sustainable oak tree grow in the middle of a desert, Yael’s their girl. But a hot tub? Ha! She hadn’t the foggiest idea where to begin, except that there must be some thermodynamics involved. And then, well, she can barely keep herself warm in the winter. Generating heat is not her forte - basking in it is. So she said you, because it seems to her that Isopia is the head engineer, even if it is a team project. “Vell I know vhere I shall be spending a lot of time next veenter,” she says with a little mirth and great approval.

This hot tub is a wet dream come true. And not for the stereotypical reasons, mind you. Yael is a good girl, remember?

Ru’s coo grabs her attention, and she knows she’s met the mare somewhere… she was admittedly busy at the coast with the electric mare (the place where she wondered if there was going to be a bone army - not quite right, but not far off!). Nevertheless, Yael flashes a smile and a nod, and a quick “Vant to xelp?” as an open invitation of the sort that could be denied if desired. Then Dragomir appears, and he, too, is greeted with a smile as she kicks at another rock. Little does she know her newly acquired (though not yet discovered) talents would be of much use here, as far as the moving-heavy-objects things go.

As for the suggestion about different temperatures, Yael barely holds herself back from exclaiming just how hot she would like hr water to be. She won’t get greedy about this lovely gift.

yael

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar

What was a hot tub?

The explanation is a wild one. The mare recalls briefly the presence of natural hot springs, but it’s a wonder that these people could even construct one. She shares a brief glance to the Mountain, before being distracted by the presence of Dragomir. And then, of course – Yael’s intention to reel her in…

The mare doesn’t object. She’s curious to see these plans set in motion. Perhaps it would be nice to soak in warm waters after a spar, allow the muscles to unravel from their work.

A nice reprieve from the winters.

With an amused snort, she bobs her head in Yael’s direction with an affirmative chirp. Gravitating towards a bundle of branches attached to Dragomir’s fallen tree. Ru snaps them free with several strikes, and begins to carry them off to the side with the use of her teeth.

Ru’s ears remain attentive. Listening carefully to Isopia’s words, for the sake of trying to wrap her head about the theory. Falling comfortably into her silence.

Image Credits
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
Dragomir listens to his former Czarina with lifted ears and genuine interest, having lost very little respect for her in the interim; for whatever reason, the stallion did not blame her for what had come to pass in the Falls, though, maybe, he should. He also should probably feel more anger towards her for the theft of the mask, but the painted man can also see his own fault clearly in the ordeal, as well. Things that are well watched do not get taken, after all, and all of that which had come to pass was just that, the past – it did not, and never had, suited the stallion to dwell long on things which had transgressed before the now. The Mountain had since apologized, and sought to amend her mistake in the most thorough way Dragomir could imagine, and she had done so, not because he had caught her, and pointed blame, but of her own choice. And even if, with all of those wrongs righted, he still had just cause to be angry, or to feel suspicious of her proximity to him, and so many others?

The crafter was not the sort of fellow to dwell on mistakes and irreparable losses for long, assuming that the loss of her herd, and the vanishing of her sire into the wilderness to fight a malevolent encroachment of some murdered God conglomeration, was punishment enough for whatever she had done to him, or anyone else in the past. Besides, what did she owe him? He had only come to the Falls to be with Ranjiri, after all, having discovered in his time away that home could be anywhere, if that somewhere had people you loved.

"Sounds good," he smiles, nodding his head as he looks up from clearing away debris. Immediately delving into his mental preparations, he wonders what sort of metal would hold heat best, but also not suffer for being left submerged, which Dragomir knew to be a common issue with metallic objects. Rains, ponds, just the mist around here, really, was enough to patina or ruin most metals pretty quickly, unless those metals were precious, and the tri-colored gentleman wasn’t sure how many of his meager stone collection were platinum, or silver.

So, awkwardly smiling at the mares as he steps away from his work to rifle through his pouches, he takes count of the rocks he thinks have metals that won’t rust in them, frowning with a hope it will be enough when the time comes. Roughly shoving the hodgepodge collection back into a pouch, he sets back to work on the log, all the while trying to remember where in the world he had found the ones he already had.

You know, just in case.

[ OOC: Laughing because wtf is post order even in this thread ]
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3